Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Legs Benedict posted:

i still dont know what this means. it's an FPS, what did you want them to do. i mean they already:

they made wholesale changes to the equipment loadout paradigm
they outright scrapped two pillars of the previous game's encounter design
they added a bunch of poo poo to the open world PVE stuff (even if it's bargain bin MMO poo poo)
they made PVP super sweaty tryhard poo poo
supposedly more coherent, better told story content
game looks better

i mean i guess i just don't quite get what else you would have wanted out of a sequel to Destiny: It's Kind of An MMO but Not Really

can you help me out here and make some suggestions

I wanted a puzzle based fighter, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's so awesome seeing the Cabal and Vex in such high resolution. I cannot wait to see how the Fallen and the Hive look. gently caress!!!

I hope down the road they do throwback strikes - just to see this poo poo in HD!

Did they add Minotaur weak points? I don't remember their bellies having the white stuff.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yeah they did. was a good move

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

OdinsBeard posted:

Go on Chapo

Then they might find out I'm also Jared Fogle

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Go on Chapo

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Go on Cum Town

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's not the only gently caress up. If you use the ingame text chat it will use your real name that you registered on battle.net with. It's set to that by default which is the most mind-boggling thing ever.

Yeah, that's the only trouble I had with the beta today. I got totally doxxed while streaming. Who the hell would ever think this is a good idea...

But besides that, it's great to play destiny at a decent fps and more important, being able to play the game without experiencing motion sickness!

I can't wait for october!

I have a bad case of ghaulbladder. :downsrim:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
This loving game is gonna win every visual design award for 2017 I swear. I think the last time I was this floored by how good a game looked was when I played Doom 2016 after upgrading my 960 to a 1070. The settings defaulted to a mix of Medium with mostly High settings, and I turned off Motion Blur and DoF because who actually plays a game with those? The intro mission is a great tutorial, and the strike is one that I had fun replaying (can't wait to get some friends together tomorrow for it).

I'm also glad that PvP had a variety of weapons. On my Hunter I settled into a groove with the Nightshade Pulse Rifle and the Sunfire or whatever the exotic handcannon you get is. Speaking of which, Handcannons are the most satisfying thing holy fuuuuuuuuuuck I just want to headshot everything with them. :gizz:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

cowofwar posted:

Game has some console jumping puzzle bull poo poo. I loving hate games where you have to jump around and then you fall to your death. dumb dumb dumb.

Also the situational cues are bad. If you're getting shot at from some direction the sound is useless to localize and there are some dumb danger triangles or whatever on your screen but it's pretty hard to identify the source, especially when you're being shot at from multiple angles.

what the gently caress games do you normally play? solitaire?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I told y'all the beta sucks dick and hopefully the game is nothing like it, Bungie screwed the pooch on it big time. The console beta was this but 30fps and supers charged way slower and there was way less power ammo, so at least y'all are getting a slightly better iteration.

I'm glad it looks good on PC and the scuttlebutt is the game mechanics and activities are much better than the beta suggests (at least for PvE, pvp is going to be butt), so *fingers crossed inside a dude's anus*

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OdinsBeard posted:

I wanted a puzzle based fighter, imo

I wanted a loot based shooter with a dark, post apocalyptic, sci-fi background.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I told y'all the beta sucks dick and hopefully the game is nothing like it, Bungie screwed the pooch on it big time. The console beta was this but 30fps and supers charged way slower and there was way less power ammo, so at least y'all are getting a slightly better iteration.

I'm glad it looks good on PC and the scuttlebutt is the game mechanics and activities are much better than the beta suggests (at least for PvE, pvp is going to be butt), so *fingers crossed inside a dude's anus*

This thread seems to be mostly full of good vibes, buff gay projecting dude

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yo, someone told me there were some interesting monitors on the Javelin-4 map; I don't have a PC copy pre-ordered, but if anyone gets screenshots, post 'em up so I can snort a few lines of waveforms for y'all's entertainment.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I keep getting pulse rifles but pulse rifles are literally garbage if you have a mouse to aim with

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Game seems fun.

Can't wait to play the full game.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's not the only gently caress up. If you use the ingame text chat it will use your real name that you registered on battle.net with. It's set to that by default which is the most mind-boggling thing ever.

I hope it's just a bug. I was watching some gameplay on twitch and whenever someone hit up text-chat it used their typical game names like weedgoku420 and buttpounder666.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
One thing that might be a little disappointing is how much Bungie blew their load in making the opening mission look fantastic. EDZ looks okay, Titan is the loving poo poo, but Io and the other place are pretty unremarkable and it remains to be seen if the visual design will continue to wow throughout the rest of the game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game is crispy and beautiful. Seriously, best looking game out there right now. I can't wait to see more environments and how gorgeous they look.

If you're a graphics nerd at all, and you're on the fence or just even curious about this game, dive in.

It will change your life and you will NEVER EVEEEEEEEEER be the same again. What a day to be alive my friends.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

And Tyler Too! posted:

I hope it's just a bug. I was watching some gameplay on twitch and whenever someone hit up text-chat it used their typical game names like weedgoku420 and buttpounder666.

might be a toggle-able setting like bnet's profanity filter (at least i think profanity is toggleable)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

it's not a big deal lmao

how bnet works is that people not on your realid friends list won't see your real name even though it shows up on your screen. so the only way this could, uh, doxx yourself is if you're streaming i guess?

edit: now that i think about it I'm pretty sure this is on by default for all bnet games

Zo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 29, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am so happy with the Destiny 2 PC beta. I get 60fps on high settings, completely smooth. Cannot overstate how amazing it feels to play the game at this frame rate. I love Destiny 1 and am so hyped for Destiny 2, but i'm no longer going to pre-order the PS4 version and will wait the extra time for the PC version now. It will be worth the wait for the better experience.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Game is crispy and beautiful. Seriously, best looking game out there right now. I can't wait to see more environments and how gorgeous they look.

If you're a graphics nerd at all, and you're on the fence or just even curious about this game, dive in.

It will change your life and you will NEVER EVEEEEEEEEER be the same again. What a day to be alive my friends.

Seriously? It's an ok looking game. I'd argue GTA 5 looks better on my PC (1080ti/i7-7700k).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Seriously? It's an ok looking game. I'd argue GTA 5 looks better on my PC (1080ti/i7-7700k).

I'd say you can make a case for that. I'm a sucker for fun sci fi stuff and I'm hype.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zo posted:

it's not a big deal lmao

how bnet works is that people not on your realid friends list won't see your real name even though it shows up on your screen. so the only way this could, uh, doxx yourself is if you're streaming i guess?

edit: now that i think about it I'm pretty sure this is on by default for all bnet games

It's not that i'm aware of, it's not in Overwatch and Diablo III. You can change this in the settings anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'd say you can make a case for that. I'm a sucker for fun sci fi stuff and I'm hype.

I think the game looks beautiful, but by far the best looking game in 2017 so far in my opinion is Horizon Zero Dawn.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

I said come in! posted:

It's not that i'm aware of, it's not in Overwatch and Diablo III. You can change this in the settings anyways.
you probably don't have any realid friends then, because i distinctly recall this happening in d3 and sc2

see http://us.battle.net/en/realid/faq

quote:

By default, your real first and last name are visible to the Real ID friends of your Real ID friends

quote:

Real ID friends will automatically also be considered BattleTag friends. In Diablo III, Real ID friends will see both a friend’s BattleTag and real name in their friends list, along with information about what character their friend is currently playing. Players who become BattleTag friends are not automatically considered Real ID friends.

For example, a Real ID friend in Diablo® III would show up as “FallenSlayer (John Smith), Playing Barbabos, Level 6 Barbarian, in a Public Game” in your friends list, while a BattleTag friend would show up as “FallenSlayer, Playing Barbaros, Level 6 Barbarian, in a Public Game”.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It almost feels like a different game at 60 fps and above. I pre-ordered the game on PS4 digitally and will play it for that 6 week span just to get my fix and play with the PS4 buddies but I am 100% going to main PC. Really curious if they balance console and PC separately, Handcannons are extremely powerful on PC.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Legs Benedict posted:

can you help me out here and make some suggestions

An updated engine, new enemies, a different feel, just something to justify a sequel instead of what is closer to an expansion. This game is feeling old for those of us who have played from the start but aren't addicted (took a few six month+ breaks).

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Javes posted:

It almost feels like a different game at 60 fps and above. I pre-ordered the game on PS4 digitally and will play it for that 6 week span just to get my fix and play with the PS4 buddies but I am 100% going to main PC. Really curious if they balance console and PC separately, Handcannons are extremely powerful on PC.

they said they will balance separately, though to what extent we don't know. given all the work they've clearly put into the pc version I'm waaaay more optimistic than i was yesterday

all my d1 friends are gonna wait for the pc release so that none of us are tempted to get the bad version. which I'm glad of because it's pretty tempting.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

It's so awesome seeing the Cabal and Vex in such high resolution. I cannot wait to see how the Fallen and the Hive look. gently caress!!!

if you wait around at the beginning of the strike long enough you might just find some fallen :ssh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I played a titan since I started as a titan and oh man. :negative: why are titans so bad now? Especially the void titans. Unless I'm missing something? They just made their ults complete poo poo now. The actual gameplay is pretty great though, PVP was a hot mess of nothing but hunters.

AAB posted:

if you wait around at the beginning of the strike long enough you might just find some fallen :ssh:

Will have to check that out later.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nuebot posted:

So I played a titan since I started as a titan and oh man. :negative: why are titans so bad now? Especially the void titans. Unless I'm missing something? They just made their ults complete poo poo now. The actual gameplay is pretty great though, PVP was a hot mess of nothing but hunters.

You can still flying knee at least. :black101:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Alan Is More Upset posted:

You can still flying knee at least. :black101:

The shoulder charge? It doesn't kill people anymore though. Every time I hit someone dead center with it, it took down their shields but left them with full HP. It also has an absurdly long cooldown.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game owns hard

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only reason to play Striker is because they got better grenades. The Defender Shield is better in every way over Fist aside from pure aoe damage.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Nuebot posted:

Sentinel (void Titan) owns tho

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks pretty.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I played a lot of Destiny 1 and the beta is exactly what I want it to be: more Destiny, but smoother and with the annoying bits filed off. It's a fun video game, imo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you hold the sentinel ult, it'll bubble your position instead of doing the captain America thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you hold the sentinel ult, it'll bubble your position instead of doing the captain America thing

Oh, I'll have to try that then. Because the shield is lame and I hate it. I'll probably play a few more times then take a break since we still have like two months before release :negative: so long. It looks like our ships now have a slot that lets us change our spawning and revive animations too. I'm hoping for some great poses to come out of that.

• Locked thread