Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh my god Roy has a chance to say "Roy's our Boy!" when you select him

Ike has a chance to say "You...like Ike?"

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ike_(Brave_Heroes)/Quotes
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Roy_(Brave_Heroes)/Quotes

Lyn and Lucina have a fourth quote each (most heroes only have three) but theirs are boring

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

All these Lucinas is boring as gently caress but then again I never played Awakening so I probsbly just dont understand the appeal.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
When are we getting a unit with Hone Lucinas

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh my god Roy has a chance to say "Roy's our Boy!" when you select him

Ike has a chance to say "You...like Ike?"

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ike_(Brave_Heroes)/Quotes
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Roy_(Brave_Heroes)/Quotes

Lyn and Lucina have a fourth quote each (most heroes only have three) but theirs are boring

Maybe Brave Roy isn't completely underwhelming after all.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Awakening is a stereotypical time travel story about going back in time to prevent the bad things from ever happening but told from the point of view of the people ion the past. Lucina is the cool person from the future here to save the day

Also she's in smash

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So I'd wager Ike wants -SPD as his bane? Also I'm a bit sad that he basically trashes every other green infantry other than like, Fae.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

So I'd wager Ike wants -SPD as his bane? Also I'm a bit sad that he basically trashes every other green infantry other than like, Fae.

I don't have any other 5* Green infantry units so i'm pretty cool with it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

If by trashes you mean "damages heavily and proceeds to get owned by :wom:"

Lack of ORKO ability is big negative.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Lucina's even more boring in Awakening.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lucina is good and has fun supports with several characters.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

If by trashes you mean "damages heavily and proceeds to get owned by :wom:"

Lack of ORKO ability is big negative.

Give him Quick Riposte (or Axebreaker) and only stick Beorc's Blessing if you really want that Cordelia/etc. counter.

If people have a spare Hector I could see them picking Ike just to counter Horse Emblem Lyn.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lucina is ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Give him Quick Riposte (or Axebreaker) and only stick Beorc's Blessing if you really want that Cordelia/etc. counter.

If people have a spare Hector I could see them picking Ike just to counter Horse Emblem Lyn.

Yeah I was considering that. It just seems like a waste to not use special skills like that.

It also makes him significantly worse at dealing with Bunilla/Cecilia but it's probably worth it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Roy's art is very good

Nice to know Lyn isn't that op in stats but it's gonna suck to see these characters for a long time in arena matches

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Will still pull Lyn. I have one archer at lvl 40 and it's Faye (lol)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Roy's art is very good

Nice to know Lyn isn't that op in stats but it's gonna suck to see these characters for a long time in arena matches

Lyn only has 2 less attack than Bridelia but has 3 movement and access to horse buffs.

Bow Lyn will be a Rein level annoyance in the arena, except that she requires more specific counters since you basically need a Raven tome user or a very specific dragon build.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 29, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Would a basic TA Raventome be able to nuke her? I don't know much with her res though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I assume the Raven tome user would have QR or something, and she doesn't have that much Res.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

All these Lucinas is boring as gently caress but then again I never played Awakening so I probsbly just dont understand the appeal.

Ostentatious did you like Trunks in DBZ

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

Would a basic TA Raventome be able to nuke her? I don't know much with her res though.

Quick calculation is that you won't be doing enough damage, especially with horse buffs. So you'd want Bowbreaker probably.

EDIT: TA3 Rauorraven Sanaki or Lilina should be able to do it though.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 29, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

63 magical damage will do the job so you need 45 attack with TA to accomplish that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bow lyn has 58 effective RES HP after life and death

A TA raven tome user with 41 attack will OHKO her. Without LnD it's 45 attack.

Basically any raven tome user will destroy her.

Even with horse buffs and without LnD, 49 attack is still enough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TheKingofSprings posted:

63 magical damage will do the job so you need 45 attack with TA to accomplish that

Ohh dear. Well, Setsunas exist for a reason.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Ohh dear. Well, Setsunas exist for a reason.

That's really low though?

Like a standard Cecilia with TA should come close to doing the job

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's really low though?

Like a standard Cecilia with TA should come close to doing the job

Oh, really. I guess I'm just used to my heroes packing 50+ with their fancy lord weapons.

That's good though, but I'm still probably be giving bowbreaker to M!Robin out of fear (and lack of QR)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ostentatious did you like Trunks in DBZ

i never watched DBZ

hes named after a piece of clothing though rofl what a doofus

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh, really. I guess I'm just used to my heroes packing 50+ with their fancy lord weapons.

That's good though, but I'm still probably be giving bowbreaker to M!Robin out of fear (and lack of QR)

To be fair, RobinM is pretty lackluster with his punches. These days your Raven user will probably be someone that can actually do some damage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

i never watched DBZ

Go watch it then

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I googled Trunks and his forehead is unreasonably large

Like an anime Peyton Manning

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, RobinM is pretty lackluster with his punches. These days your Raven user will probably be someone that can actually do some damage.

Well you gonna pick your favourites. Also he comes with it free and I already have a Cecilia. And Henry has even worse damage so eh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't think you need the 45 ATK anyway since the dangerous Bow lyns are the ones with a brave weapon and LnD which make murdering them a lot easier.

You can also always put moonbow on them to ensure the kill.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 29, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Andrast posted:

Yeah I was considering that. It just seems like a waste to not use special skills like that.

It also makes him significantly worse at dealing with Bunilla/Cecilia but it's probably worth it.

His weapon has Special trigger -1 so he can run QP/Bonfire to deal with them. Does mean you're forced to deal with them on his first battle, though

Cecilia alone can be dealt with with Moonbow or Hone/Spur Atk sources, though, it's Camilla's tankiness that's a bit of an issue.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

His weapon has Special trigger -1 so he can run QP/Bonfire to deal with them. Does mean you're forced to deal with them on his first battle, though

Cecilia alone can be dealt with with Moonbow or Hone/Spur Atk sources, though, it's Camilla's tankiness that's a bit of an issue.

Those units can just straight up OHKO Ike without the blessing though, which is why losing it hurts.

It would be great to be able to just bait a blade buffed Bunilla/Cecilia

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Which should we go for if we value PvE over Arena? I'm content to remain in the Tier 18 bracket but the story mode and chain modes are pissing me off with some of their bullshit levels

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clarste posted:

Lucina's even more boring in Awakening.

See, I keep seeing this as an argument against Lucina, and I never get it.

She's got strong internal conflict, a striking design, some good lines (especially against Ike), and she's got some layers that aren't immediately obvious, both as gags and as general character traits.

The "Boring" insult always feels empty of substance, a generic insult because any better one would be easy to take apart.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Andrast posted:

Those units can just straight up OHKO Ike without the blessing though, which is why losing it hurts.

It would be great to be able to just bait a blade buffed Bunilla/Cecilia

I meant that the QP/Bonfire setup allows him to ORKO them without using up his B slot, so he can equip the blessing.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Which should we go for if we value PvE over Arena? I'm content to remain in the Tier 18 bracket but the story mode and chain modes are pissing me off with some of their bullshit levels

Lyn easily, since there's literally nobody else with her niche (mounted bow user). She's also very easy to support.

Ike's also quite easy to throw into a team, but 'good green axe guys' aren't exactly uncommon, even though few of them are as good as him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I meant that the QP/Bonfire setup allows him to ORKO them without using up his B slot, so he can equip the blessing.

Oh, that probably works. I'll keep that in mind since he is probably getting my spare distant counter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

See, I keep seeing this as an argument against Lucina, and I never get it.

She's got strong internal conflict, a striking design, some good lines (especially against Ike), and she's got some layers that aren't immediately obvious, both as gags and as general character traits.

The "Boring" insult always feels empty of substance, a generic insult because any better one would be easy to take apart.

Okay, my problem with her is that her story is pretty interesting and the game's writing just doesn't care. She comes to the past to warn of a betrayal, only for everyone to shrug it off and assume everything will be fine this time around just because. And then it is, yay! Lucina's warnings are completely ineffective, and she's basically written out of the story more than half the time when they're dealing with other stuff. She'd have been better served as an actual protagonist rather than a footnote in the Chrom/Robin story (not that Chrom is a great character either, arguably worse).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
She tried to kill her mom which is pretty badass