Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

New Morales is good, gently caress yes. There are a few nerfs (medivac HP) and I'll miss scouting drone and MULE. But from the couple of matches I'd play she's more engaging now and not having a mana pool is better.

:science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
New Medivac bug rules https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryRockyTubersRitzMitz

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/WildOddRatDancingBanana

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 28, 2017

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Haha KT smashes balls at 30 blight, this is redonk. Frost blast is bonkers for initiation because it's gently caress Off or Get hosed.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mind over Matter posted:

New Morales is good, gently caress yes. There are a few nerfs (medivac HP) and I'll miss scouting drone and MULE. But from the couple of matches I'd play she's more engaging now and not having a mana pool is better.

:science:

i just violently outdamaged two master league assassin mains as morales

what is this

E: there's no loving way Second Opinion is going to remain as it is right now. Clear!, Blast Shield, and Second Opinion practically guarantees four things:
A considerable damage output if you can nail twos regularly (not hard with Clear!'s final reward and the dogpile nature of teamfights)
Unlimited Energy feedback from hitting targets, allowing for constant healing
Up to 40% bonus health constantly being reapplied every time she nails someone with the grenade
Constant knockback, making any kind of coordination a huge bitch

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 28, 2017

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Power Bottom posted:

i just violently outdamaged two master league assassin mains as morales

what is this

"Lt morales now gains 25 meat per takedown"

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

PantsBandit posted:

"Lt morales now gains 25 meat per takedown"

:getin:

I am so thrilled.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Is it me or are those nerfs for Chromie who is already not very good?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Aaod posted:

Is it me or are those nerfs for Chromie who is already not very good?

Chromie was actually very good, and yeah the 80 stack thing is probably a nerf considering how hard it is to get that many. Considering there is a talent for the quest complete at 11, I have to imagine they reduce the amount of stacks needed

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyOriginalKimchiOSkomodo This bug rules so much

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 28, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Went in to try mode to poke Dread Lord Jaina and got this gem:

"What's it like being a female dread lord? Exactly like being a male one... except we actually accomplish our goals."

:vince:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

owned by the matriarchy once again :(

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Midnightghoul posted:

Chromie was actually very good, and yeah the 80 stack thing is probably a nerf considering how hard it is to get that many. Considering there is a talent for the quest complete at 11, I have to imagine they reduce the amount of stacks needed

The bonus compounds if you can land them back to back. Land two in a row and the second gives two stacks. Land three and the third gives three stacks.

So basically, the quest encourages you to actually think and land your Qs rather than just throwing it out on cooldown and hoping someone runs into it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You only get 3 per hit with a level 1 talent, but since the benefit of reaching 80 is her best level 20 talent it's okay if it takes a while to get that. Since the damage bonus is continuous and uncapped you benefit from every single stack along the way anyway.

quote:

Quest resets will now appear next to the portrait of the slain enemy in the Event Log.

Ex: Flamestrike’s icon art will appear next to Kael’thas’ portrait in the Event Log if he is killed prior to completing the Convection quest.
Oh no now everyone will see my shame. :(

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 28, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shadowlyger posted:

The bonus compounds if you can land them back to back. Land two in a row and the second gives two stacks. Land three and the third gives three stacks.

So basically, the quest encourages you to actually think and land your Qs rather than just throwing it out on cooldown and hoping someone runs into it.

Yeah, it also kinda de-emphasizes Bronze Talons at least for PVE stuff, because do you really want to break your streak just for some bonus auto damage? Makes that time trap reset talent a lot more appealing, especially with Chrono/Andorhal.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I really want to learn Jaina but I'm not going to learn anything in clown fiesta QM. Any tips from the more experienced players here?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Midnightghoul posted:

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyOriginalKimchiOSkomodo This bug rules so much

https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousHeadstrongElkTooSpicy

Mother of god

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

when can I get an Alex Jones announcer

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

NeurosisHead posted:

I really want to learn Jaina but I'm not going to learn anything in clown fiesta QM. Any tips from the more experienced players here?

Jaina is my fav mage, but it's hard to say how to play/build her with the rework.

Ice block as a quest is really good and you should hopefully get it before 16, ice block used to be at 13 then moved to 20 so this is good.

She also gets blink back at 20, which can be really huge but it competes with her slow % increase now?

Full frostbolt at 1/4/7 is surprisingly good if you're going to rely on poking a ton, but I only do that sometimes... Otherwise she's a huge bursty mage that really shines when you have someone that can set up plays for you, like anyone with good cc. Know positioning and how to dodge skillshots, since you need to get in close for blizzard/cone of cold combo. Blizzard range/size talents should never really be taken, imo.

Otherwise just make huge plays with ring of frost.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Jaina is my fav mage, but it's hard to say how to play/build her with the rework.

Ice block as a quest is really good and you should hopefully get it before 16, ice block used to be at 13 then moved to 20 so this is good.

She also gets blink back at 20, which can be really huge but it competes with her slow % increase now?

Full frostbolt at 1/4/7 is surprisingly good if you're going to rely on poking a ton, but I only do that sometimes... Otherwise she's a huge bursty mage that really shines when you have someone that can set up plays for you, like anyone with good cc. Know positioning and how to dodge skillshots, since you need to get in close for blizzard/cone of cold combo. Blizzard range/size talents should never really be taken, imo.

Otherwise just make huge plays with ring of frost.

I feel like you can make an argument for blizzard size against a melee heavy comp, especially if it's a map like Tomb where there's a ton of chokepoints.

Frostbolt build is good. Something that's pretty interesting about it is if you take ice barrier with it Jaina can easily take any non-boss mercenary camp. Not something you would normally do, but if you're on Blackheart's it might be worth a try.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Nah, if they're dumb enough to clump in tight spaces just punish them with ring of frost, or the better 16 talent and root them.

Blizzard range/size doesn't add much to what jaina already has or wants to be doing with the other options. It's only good for newbies too afraid to run in for their combo.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Kelthuzad killing Kaelthas: There's only room for ONE KT around here!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My Twitch Prime legendary chest item was the Sad Cloud mount. :smithcloud:

Kind of depressing and sort of didn't want it because I'm depressed frequently enough without a :smithcloud: to ride around on, but more depressing would be spending coins and rerolling for stuff on heroes I don't own. At least mounts are semi universal.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Craptacular! posted:

My Twitch Prime legendary chest item was the Sad Cloud mount. :smithcloud:

Kind of depressing and sort of didn't want it because I'm depressed frequently enough without a :smithcloud: to ride around on, but more depressing would be spending coins and rerolling for stuff on heroes I don't own. At least mounts are semi universal.

Read back a few pages and be glad you didn't make mistake.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

Kelthuzad killing Kaelthas: There's only room for ONE KT around here!

I don't know why it took me this long to realize that the similarity between Frost Blast and Pyroblast are probably intentional.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Read back a few pages and be glad you didn't make mistake.

Scanned quite a few pages and didn't see what you were talking about. Either way, I decided to keep the :smithcloud:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Depends on how aggressive you want to play her, since the new blink's range is super short (we're talking Li-Ming teleport distance here). They want people to use it to initiate with it, or use it to dodge skillshots, not disengage from fights your team is losing.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Holy poo poo guys, speccing full Death and Decay on KT makes you just poo poo out damage. You lose his Ice Spike, but it's the same level you get the "Every tick of DnD Causes increased damage" talent, and my dudes, when you get your lvl 20 DnD Buddy, engage with Frost Blast and just hose the battlefield down with bone hurting juice. :getin:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I just played my first 10 hero league matches ever, went 7-3, and placed into silver 2 :unsmith: Five of those wins were with Brightwing. I should probably get gud at a better support.

There's a huge difference in the level of cooperation of players between hero league and quick match.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Gobbeldygook posted:

I just played my first 10 hero league matches ever, went 7-3, and placed into silver 2 :unsmith: Five of those wins were with Brightwing. I should probably get gud at a better support.

There's a huge difference in the level of cooperation of players between hero league and quick match.

When I placed this season i was all excited because people were taking draft so seriously, calling picks, making suggestions, and playing a really tight game. I placed plat 1 and was super stoked, I was silver last year. Then my next 3 HL games had 3 different deliberate throwers, including the infamous leo eternally camped on an enemy keep dying and rezzing over and over and over.

Also to the cloudmount dude, depressed cloud is best cloud because it represents your enemies torment as you crush them into dust.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey guys hot pro tip: if the enemy team has a Murky on Garden of Terror don't just ignore the terror that the easily dispensable fish boy is always going to get into because he's a loose cannon on the edge with nothing to lose and he'll just rush your core over and over again until it's dead >:]

(I love Murky so much you guys)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

KT is fun but my god 18 minute queue just to have no healer vs 2 healer :what:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Holy poo poo guys, speccing full Death and Decay on KT makes you just poo poo out damage. You lose his Ice Spike, but it's the same level you get the "Every tick of DnD Causes increased damage" talent, and my dudes, when you get your lvl 20 DnD Buddy, engage with Frost Blast and just hose the battlefield down with bone hurting juice. :getin:

I feel like this is the first thing to get nerfed though because the best damage spec is also the easiest

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

What's the counter to anub's cocoon? It has enough health that ignoring your foes to break it seems ill advised but the alternative is being down a teammate for the entire fight.

I had an anub use it on me every single time I ulted as malth last night and I was getting a little tilted by the end. I'll be sure to take the unstoppable talent next time.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

What's the counter to anub's cocoon? It has enough health that ignoring your foes to break it seems ill advised but the alternative is being down a teammate for the entire fight.

I had an anub use it on me every single time I ulted as malth last night and I was getting a little tilted by the end. I'll be sure to take the unstoppable talent next time.

Can it be cleansed? I mean, the fact that it very inconveniently takes a single Hero out of a teamfight is the entire point, y'know?

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
It has number of hits, not hp, so anything with small fast attacks such as Tracer or Tychus autoattacking, or Li Ming beam ult melts it in an instant.

Can be cleansed, but only in the tiny window before the projectile hits the hero.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gustav posted:

It has number of hits, not hp, so anything with small fast attacks such as Tracer or Tychus autoattacking, or Li Ming beam ult melts it in an instant.

Can be cleansed, but only in the tiny window before the projectile hits the hero.
I thought so... nowhere online says this for some reason, but you're right, disintegrate melts it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Gustav posted:

Ah that's good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gustav posted:

Throw a jar of spiders at it and it's gone in 1.5 seconds.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Can it be cleansed? I mean, the fact that it very inconveniently takes a single Hero out of a teamfight is the entire point, y'know?

It can be cleansed only when the animation is in the air on the way to you. They just increased the missile speed, too, so it just got harder!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
In general you want to pop that web quickly.

I admit I get a little too annoyed by strong point-and-click abilities (living bomb, cocoon, and bone prison especially) compared to even trivially easy skillshots like Disintegrate. Though they really should exist to make smaller hitboxes not such an important advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

PTR seems down, based on my experience and reddit. @BlizzardCS said OW PTR is down, so probably some issue at a server farm or some such.