Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
-spins a wheel-
Mmmmm Barney Gumble gets a job as Mr.Burns personal chef and accidentally deep fries BoBo the bear so him and Homer have to find an exact replica, the only other one owned by -spins the wheel again- Channing Tatum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Aesop Poprock posted:

She was only born in 1950 and she looks really healthy?

She's gonna watch a recent episode and walk into traffic

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
BLANK and BLANK find a BLANK in a BLANK which causes them to BLANK all over their BLANK meanwhile homer has sex with a BLANK and realises his life has been a lie,guest starring BLANK as the lie.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
You (the person reading this synopsis) were hit buy a bus. It's 1998. You are dying. Before the accident, when you got home from school and did your homework and put away the dishes , you were allowed to watch your favorite show, the Simpsons. And so the Simpsons came to be associated with the calm and contentedness of a job well done, and the liminal place between waking and sleep. Your subconscious therefore confabulates new episodes of the Simpsons as an attempt to keep your mind occupied as it shuts down. As the hippocampus (seat of long term memory) and the amygdala (seat of strong emotions) succumb to internal bleeding, these false episodes become more and more disjointed and fragmentary. Your fading consciousness is waking up to the fact that there is something horribly wrong. Guest stars: Werner Herzog as the psychopomp guiding you to the next world, your mother as a barely audible voice begging you to wake up, please wake up, and Aziz Ansari as Poochie Jr.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Homer meets Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ken Jennings, Suze Orman, and Robert McKee, and sees them being introduced to a group of young female "students" who are actually life-like robots that will all get into Yale and earn "financial aid" that gets funneled directly to Bourbon. Six months later, Homer ruins Bourbon's integration of the robots at Yale University and makes them explode.

Meanwhile, Krusty the Clown introduces a new product: Krustaceans, a candy even Krusty thought was good. However, Lisa soon finds out that the candy is extremely addictive and leaves a tingling sensation, pairing up with Bart to discover why. They manage to break into one of the Krusty factories, steal samples from the product and take them to Professor Frink where they find out it contains Formaldehyde.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Bart decides to start a podcast called Eat My Shorts. Meanwhile Principal Skinner is indicted on embezzling funds and rather that standing trial goes out in a blaze of glory. Features Taylor Swift as the voice of the gun

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SEX BURRITO posted:

Her voice has been breaking in recent seasons. She pretty much sounds like she's doing the grandma's voice. Which sounds weird on a character who's supposed to be in their 30s.

She's 30 years older than when she started doing the character it doesn't mean she's dying what the hell lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

She's gonna watch a recent episode and walk into traffic

Now that I could believe

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Sentient Data posted:

That could actually make for a great season 2~3 episode

The plot would be that they discover the writer of the book is an anagram for C. Monty Burns. During the summer break before college, Mr. Burns fancied himself an idealistic young writer and decided to write the great American novel. Unable to find a publisher, he paid for a vanity press to publish some copies and donated one to the local library.

"A mistake of my youth, fancying myself a 'writer'. HA! Isn't that a lark!"
"If you're embarrassed about people reading something you wrote as a kid, I can understand..."
"No, Marge, you DON'T understand... No one EVER read it, and no one ever will. You see, none of them sold. Not a one. Every copy ended up delivered right back to me and, well... If we BURNSes are good at anything, it's burning... I'd forgotten all about my donated copy until years later. I had to appear to protest some charity function at the library and while I was leaving I'd gotten lost and stumbled upon my book on the stacks. I have to admit, there was a snifter of curiosity in my mind, Marge. I was set to open the book up and find it riddled with return date stamps all over the inside cover, but it was bare. The only indication that anyone had ever opened it up once at all was a dead flower I'd left pressed between the pages as a teenager... At that moment, I decided if no one wanted it, if no one else was going to check it out, then I'd just take it back..."

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

JediTalentAgent posted:

The plot would be that they discover the writer of the book is an anagram for C. Monty Burns. During the summer break before college, Mr. Burns fancied himself an idealistic young writer and decided to write the great American novel. Unable to find a publisher, he paid for a vanity press to publish some copies and donated one to the local library.

"A mistake of my youth, fancying myself a 'writer'. HA! Isn't that a lark!"
"If you're embarrassed about people reading something you wrote as a kid, I can understand..."
"No, Marge, you DON'T understand... No one EVER read it, and no one ever will. You see, none of them sold. Not a one. Every copy ended up delivered right back to me and, well... If we BURNSes are good at anything, it's burning... I'd forgotten all about my donated copy until years later. I had to appear to protest some charity function at the library and while I was leaving I'd gotten lost and stumbled upon my book on the stacks. I have to admit, there was a snifter of curiosity in my mind, Marge. I was set to open the book up and find it riddled with return date stamps all over the inside cover, but it was bare. The only indication that anyone had ever opened it up once at all was a dead flower I'd left pressed between the pages as a teenager... At that moment, I decided if no one wanted it, if no one else was going to check it out, then I'd just take it back..."

:stare:

Rando fans better than current writing staff. It's sad. It's really really sad.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
End with last shot being a reveal that Smithers has one, dog-eared, slightly charred, and clearly read tons of times.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Scudworth posted:

End with last shot being a reveal that Smithers has one, dog-eared, slightly charred, and clearly read tons of times.

I didn't come to the Simpsons thread for this

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Okay so we've talked about the first signs of getting lovely in general being in season 9, but what's the lowest? Like above with the Lena Dunham? Before that? Like when did it become unwatchable? I'm going with like...season 13
Whenever "The Simpsons are going to <place>!" episodes became commonplace. The last one that was terrible but passable was like Japan due to Giant Seizure Robots.

Also will accept "Hey, it's major movie/TV/music/pop star <Person Name> for a pointless cameo!" instead of just giving them a character to play and making them an actual part of an episode (Bart's crush on the older girl, Mr. Nerdstrom, etc).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cobweb Heart posted:

Homer meets Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ken Jennings, Suze Orman, and Robert McKee, and sees them being introduced to a group of young female "students" who are actually life-like robots that will all get into Yale and earn "financial aid" that gets funneled directly to Bourbon. Six months later, Homer ruins Bourbon's integration of the robots at Yale University and makes them explode.

Didn't this one actually happen?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Lisa does some geneology or whatever its called and finds out that Bart's name is actually Bort. Bart Bort acts as though the change is no big deal but slowly becomes more and more of an outcast, distancing himself from his friends and family. Concerned for his well-being, and feeling remorseful, Lisa tells him it was actually a prank she heard about online which causes him to breathe a sigh of relief. In the B-plot Marge has made a lemon meringue pie for a potluck and has told Homer not to eat it. He slyly eats only the filling and replaces it with shaving cream to fool her. All the people at the potluck agree it's the best pie they've ever had. Guest Starring Bill Murray as "The Man With One Word of Dialogue"

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Aug 27, 2017

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

PostNouveau posted:

One of the voice actors dying would kill the show for sure.

This charade has gone on for so long that we don't actually know for sure.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Aesop Poprock posted:

She's 30 years older than when she started doing the character it doesn't mean she's dying what the hell lol

Literally didn't say she was dying. Just that her voice was sounding awful and wondering how long she can keep on doing the voice of a youngish woman.

Not that the show gives a poo poo about quality anymore.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Scudworth posted:

:stare:

Rando fans better than current writing staff. It's sad. It's really really sad.

the way to get a job in tv writing is to write a spec script for a different show. i think donald glover did it by writing a simpsons script.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Peanut President posted:

Lisa does some geneology or whatever its called and finds out that Bart's name is actually Bort. Bart Bort acts as though the change is no big deal but slowly becomes more and more of an outcast, distancing himself from his friends and family. Concerned for his well-being, and feeling remorseful, Lisa tells him it was actually a prank she heard about online which causes him to breathe a sigh of relief. In the B-plot Marge has made a lemon meringue pie for a potluck and has told Homer not to eat it. He slyly eats only the filling and replaces it with shaving cream to fool her. All the people at the potluck agree it's the best pie they've ever had. Guest Starring Bill Murray as "The Man With One Word of Dialogue"

This, but the real staff would make it about Hugo instead for the season 36 premiere.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i forgot that this one was real:

Homer becomes a celebrity after he voices his conservative opinions on a cable talk show, and attempts to convince leaders of the Republican party to nominate singer Ted Nugent for president. Guest Star: Ted Nugent.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Lisa befriends a new student named Isabel Gutierrez. She is thrilled until Isabel reveals that she is a Republican (and to make matters worse, when Lisa asks her if she is a Lincoln or a Reagan Republican or even a George H.W. Bush Republican, Isabel says no). The two girls end up running against each other for class president, and the Springfield Republican Party tells Isabel they are thrilled with her decision and want to offer their services, as she is the kind of Latina voter the GOP will need in the future. However, Isabel tells them to butt out, because she is not going to be "owned" by them. The GOP decides to use some dirty tricks anyway, and Lisa is angry with Isabel when she thinks her classmate supported the actions, but respects her when she learns the local GOP people are just acting like jerks. In a class debate, Lisa tells the assembled students that if believing that those with a lot should help those with nothing makes her a liberal, then yes, she is a liberal and proud of it. At the final debate, the two walk away from their podia and Isabel says they want to set aside politics and would be happy for whichever of them wins, Lisa goes to say the same, and is cut off by Superintendent Chalmers, saying they are out of time. The election goes to Isabel in a close vote, but Lisa is extremely heartened by an exit poll that reveals 53% of the students agree with her views; she says that this means they do not like her, but would vote for someone who shares her ideas, and that is a happy end result.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

SEX BURRITO posted:

Lisa befriends a new student named Isabel Gutierrez. She is thrilled until Isabel reveals that she is a Republican (and to make matters worse, when Lisa asks her if she is a Lincoln or a Reagan Republican or even a George H.W. Bush Republican, Isabel says no). The two girls end up running against each other for class president, and the Springfield Republican Party tells Isabel they are thrilled with her decision and want to offer their services, as she is the kind of Latina voter the GOP will need in the future. However, Isabel tells them to butt out, because she is not going to be "owned" by them. The GOP decides to use some dirty tricks anyway, and Lisa is angry with Isabel when she thinks her classmate supported the actions, but respects her when she learns the local GOP people are just acting like jerks. In a class debate, Lisa tells the assembled students that if believing that those with a lot should help those with nothing makes her a liberal, then yes, she is a liberal and proud of it. At the final debate, the two walk away from their podia and Isabel says they want to set aside politics and would be happy for whichever of them wins, Lisa goes to say the same, and is cut off by Superintendent Chalmers, saying they are out of time. The election goes to Isabel in a close vote, but Lisa is extremely heartened by an exit poll that reveals 53% of the students agree with her views; she says that this means they do not like her, but would vote for someone who shares her ideas, and that is a happy end result.

:stonk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm watching some season 5 episodes and bart gets an elephant has so many great lines

its funny too that james woods has become his simpsons character on twitter

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

ilmucche posted:

Didn't this one actually happen?

Yeah I haven't made up any fake Simpsons synopses. The ones I post are real, even the one I said was a joke

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

SEX BURRITO posted:

Bwahahaha, 'we are at the razor edge of political satire and analysis in today's America!' says the ossified mold growing under the office's floorboards that writes current Simpsons episodes.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

khwarezm posted:

Bwahahaha, 'we are at the razor edge of political satire and analysis in today's America!' says the ossified mold growing under the office's floorboards that writes current Simpsons episodes.

The episode finishes with Lisa and Isabel at the 2056 presidential election, with Lisa responding to Anderson Cooper's question about getting America out of Afghanistan, by saying she would throw in the towel and make Afghanistan a state. Homer, who is watching the election on television proudly exclaims, "That's my girl."

e: i can't emphasize enough that this is a real episode that aired on real tv and eva longoria was the voice of isabel

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 29, 2017

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

While the infamous "Transhouse" episode was mostly dire and padded with self-references I thought the ending scene was pretty sweet

Also good on them for bringing back Judge Constance Harm as a mentor instead of a flat one-sided antagonist.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Cobweb Heart posted:

While the infamous "Transhouse" episode was mostly dire and padded with self-references I thought the ending scene was pretty sweet

Also good on them for bringing back Judge Constance Harm as a mentor instead of a flat one-sided antagonist.

Holy god, what has the Simpsons become

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Cobweb Heart posted:

:psypop: :negative: :shepicide: :stonk: :what:

There's no emoticon for how I'm feeling about this entire post.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Drink-Mix Man posted:

:psypop: :negative: :shepicide: :stonk: :what:

There's no emoticon for how I'm feeling about this entire post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgoGs8bQNgw

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yeah I haven't made up any fake Simpsons synopses. The ones I post are real, even the one I said was a joke

Man I wish that wasn't the case.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

what the gently caress is this

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Asimo posted:

It's Chester Woosterfield and his wife, the parents of Simon Woosterfield who is Bart's exact double he switches lives with temporarily.

This episode was written by Bill Odenkirk, Bob's brother, who wrote a lot of good Mr Show and Futurama eps. This still won't make me watch it.

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 29, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

oh that's marginally less horrible than anticipated

still not gonna watch any simpsons made in the last decade though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its nearly 2 decades of episodes not to watch at this point

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose posted:

its nearly 2 decades of episodes not to watch at this point

And only nearly one decade of episodes to watch

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
As Homer wakes up one day to discover that he is losing control of his body, he reaches out to smartest man on the planet Stephen Hawking. Growing weaker and weaker every day, Homer and Stephen bond over discussion of the meaning of life and the universe. Marge, having nothing to do since Homer has left the house, joins a competitive knitting tournament.

Moe goes to Thailand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Homer becomes a Twitter superstar after a misspelled tweet goes viral. But Homer's newfound fame goes to his head after he's ushered into a secret society of internet celebrities. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa discover the secret world of Mall Santas. Guest starring Billy Bob Thornton as Mall Santa and Pewdiepie as himself. Stay tuned this Sunday for "Homer Tweet Homer"!

Marge discovers the world of competitive cooking after binge watching "Sliced" - the hottest new cooking show. But Homer and the kids begin to tire of her new hobby as their meals get more and more bizarre. Milhouse and Bart become fans of the World Wide Wrestling League (WWWL) and join the school's wrestling team. Hilarity ensues when they show up in facepaint and tassles for the tryout. Guest starring Guy Fieri as Johnny Hotsauce and John Cena as himself. Don't miss "Marge and the Reality Cooking Show" this week!

Lottery fever grips Springfield as the Megaball jackpot hits 1 billion dollars. All the citizens of Springfield have plans for the winnings, but what happens when the most unlikely character wins it all? And why is Homer's best friend from childhood coming to visit? And why is he The Rock?!? Guest starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as himself. Find out on " Billion Dollar Frinky", all new this week!