Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I've always thought Gibbs is a pretty decent player, surprised there isn't more clubs than Watford in for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wicka posted:

Just read that Arsenal have lowered their asking price and West Brom are back in.

Wow, that was fast. £7m, medical later today.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle have told leeds they want £18m for gayle and that he's for sale because his heads a mess due to his cheese string hamstrings

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

wicka posted:

Just read that Arsenal have lowered their asking price and West Brom are back in.

i read the issue was wages vOv

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

It's his loving Januzaj size wages.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

wicka posted:

Wow, that was fast. £7m, medical later today.

hmmm

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/902505915945013248

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Presumably the lower the transfer fee, the more West Brom can afford to pay him

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jonny "loving" Evans is going to be so bad under Wenger lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Jonny "loving" Evans is going to be so bad under Wenger lmao

Whenever we sign players like that I can never tell if they're going to be hilarious flops or a breath of fresh air (compared to the current level of Arsenal defending). It's not as if the bar is particularly high.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I'd be happy with a defender who's been playing under Tony Pulis for the last few years.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Former Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic has been caught up in one of the most bizarre stories of the transfer window.

Inter Milan striker Jovetic was on his way to Monaco to join the French champions and caught a helicopter from Nice airport to watch their game with Marseille.

But also on the helicopter was Marseille chairman Jacques-Henri Eyraud who did not recognise him, started a conversation and told him they were signing Jovetic.
Jovetic then revealed who he was, Eyraud lost his temper and angrily told him a medical had been booked and a deal had been agreed.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
there isn't any way that arsenal would offer sterling a comparable contract in a swap deal, right? i think i'm remembering correctly that city paid him like twice what they should've

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bewbies posted:

there isn't any way that arsenal would offer sterling a comparable contract in a swap deal, right? i think i'm remembering correctly that city paid him like twice what they should've

City pay everyone twice what they should. Maybe they'll keep paying part of his wages if they're really trying to get rid, or maybe he'll get Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's 180k/week.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GreatestLurker posted:

Former Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic has been caught up in one of the most bizarre stories of the transfer window.

Inter Milan striker Jovetic was on his way to Monaco to join the French champions and caught a helicopter from Nice airport to watch their game with Marseille.

But also on the helicopter was Marseille chairman Jacques-Henri Eyraud who did not recognise him, started a conversation and told him they were signing Jovetic.
Jovetic then revealed who he was, Eyraud lost his temper and angrily told him a medical had been booked and a deal had been agreed.

Lol wtf does this mean

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ornstein just said it’s closer to £5m, actually.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
on one hand im glad we're clearing out the dead weight, on the other im sad we arent getting any actual money for them

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I own a Gibbs shirt, it’s a bittersweet moment.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

Arsenal were prepared to give Sanchez all the money, so I would assume it would just go to Sterling.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bape Culture posted:

Lol wtf does this mean

Chairman didn't recognize Jovetic and was bragging that Marseille would sign Jovetic soon.
Jovetic then said: Uuuh, I don't think so m8

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nickmashiter/st...s-live-13541930

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lazio's Keita is having a medical with Monaco today. I was hoping he was going to stay with Lazio and sign for Juve next summer on a free, which is what had been rumored.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

is he the big lad who looks like a farmer

scored the winner against united in that one mental game for blackburn

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

is he the big lad who looks like a farmer

scored the winner against united in that one mental game for blackburn

He is

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ornstein said a bunch of stuff.

Seems like Liverpool and Chelsea are both in for Ox, with only Chelsea yet to make a bid.

Wengy will let mustafi go if he can sign Jonny Evans.

Leicester and West Brom in for Gibbs.

Everything is happening and it's all poo poo.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Is this the thread when I am glad my old man who was an Arsenal supporter died before Wenger just conceded that his team are just a feeder for the top tier teams in Europe? I mean it has been that way for a while but at least it looked like he was trying.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Ornstein said a bunch of stuff.

Seems like Liverpool and Chelsea are both in for Ox, with only Chelsea yet to make a bid.

Wengy will let mustafi go if he can sign Jonny Evans.

Leicester and West Brom in for Gibbs.

Everything is happening and it's all poo poo.

Wenger won't sign Evans unless Mustafi leaves. West Brom won't sell Evans unless they have a replacement, ideally Mangala. City won't sell Mangala unless they have a replacement, ideally Evans. Mangala wants to go to Inter. Inter wants Mustafi.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

Naby. N-A-B-Y.

Nooby. N-O-O-B-Y.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Over on reddit and RAWK they tracked a private jet from Southampton to Liverpool while a club people carrier waited on the tarmac.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
pool just spent 70m on dusan tadic

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

When did Jonny Evans become a coveted defender? Wtf is happening

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Over on reddit and RAWK they tracked a private jet from Southampton to Liverpool while a club people carrier waited on the tarmac.

People don't usually just pull up planes next to each other to do business. It's not like police in the parking lot of a fast food place at 2am
E: oh I guess carrier means a van or something?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Plane was from Bournemouth so obviously the return of Jordon Ibe.

https://twitter.com/DeanCoombes/status/902513912075177984

(I know Bournemouth is 45 min away from Southampton)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that reddit thread is hysterical, they're all earnestly trying to figure out the ownership history of THE VAN

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

that reddit thread is hysterical, they're all earnestly trying to figure out the ownership history of THE VAN

Link?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hey the last time that subreddit got all stalkery it turned out Klopp really was on the plane. I believe that we will win.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6wr1jr/the_club_car_leaving_the_airport/

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wenger should keep Mustafi AND try to sign Evans, especially if he keeps trying that loving back three. I'd also totally do a swap with City for Sanchez but there is literally no chance of that happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Wenger should keep Mustafi AND try to sign Evans, especially if he keeps trying that loving back three. I'd also totally do a swap with City for Sanchez but there is literally no chance of that happening.

Guardian reporting City have considered Sterling+20m but haven’t lodged an official bid.

• Locked thread