Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It's pretty bonkers because he isn't a huge dude, but he sounds massive when Reinhardt'ing.

Edit: Randomly paused the video in the article and got full exposure to the 'Reinhardt Face'

Strangely enough this is also the face you make whenever you land a solid Reinhardt charge into an Earthshatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kai Tave posted:

Strangely enough this is also the face you make whenever you land a solid Reinhardt charge into an Earthshatter.

This one accurately portrays my average earthshatter, where I miss basically everyone but somehow get the enemy Mercy. Which is....Eh, good enough.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

my reinhardt experience lately is miss everyone with earthshatter but charge anyway only for everyone to get pushed away rather than pinned

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

my reinhardt experience lately is miss everyone with earthshatter but charge anyway only for everyone to get pushed away rather than pinned

This. This is your Reinhardt.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

thanks friend

a reinhardt for every occasion

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

I didn't know DuckandCover posted on the Overwatch forums too.

Neither did I.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

teagone posted:

Let people have their fun and don't judge unless they're being a toxic asshat.

I just don't typically see hours played like that on the PlayStation hardly ever. He was bringing attention to it, only reason I looked. Number just sorta stood out to me.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Randomly joined PTR deathmatch games today and "lucked" into playing against two different pro players. My career highest SR is 1500 something. Both the coolest and most humbling day of my Overwatch experience. At least I can go watch myself get destroyed on VOD?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

honestly can't wait for deathmatch, it's gonna be fuckin dumb

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

If people are interested, I recently did an interview with Darin De Paul (VA of Reinhardt) about how life was treating him, 12 months post-Overwatch release.

Spoiler: pretty awesome.

http://www.doyouevengamebro.net/darin-de-paul-drops-hammer-12-months-reinhardt/

Dunno if it's traffic, but apparently the site just went down. If anyone is clicking it currently - sorry.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

This one accurately portrays my average earthshatter, where I miss basically everyone but somehow get the enemy Mercy. Which is....Eh, good enough.

When you're charging some random red team dingdong and the Mercy happens to fly into your path through a strange confluence of unrelated events, like when someone is killed in a car accident caused by their spouse:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i managed to get in a game against moon last night and got a lucky airshot on him :allears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WildObliqueClintmullinsCeilingCat

shaky hand cam included (briefly)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
deathmatch is good, but the people playing it are not. good luck getting your loot box everyone

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Minrad posted:

deathmatch is good, but the people playing it are not. good luck getting your loot box everyone

If nobody else is good at DM, that makes it easy to get the lootbox tho????

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I just won the first DM I played, this new map balls hard and I want more like it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I just won the first DM I played, this new map balls hard and I want more like it

:hellyeah: it's weird because it's very well lit on the outside, but it's cloudy and overcast at the same time. then you get inside and it's dank dark dungeons and dusty rooms. perfect setting for widow's secret lair.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's set up like an old school Quake map - a tight circular race track with lots of doors and corners that force you to constantly be on the lookout. It's awesome.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty easy to top the scoreboard as Winston and soldier. Symmetra is terrifying too. Just gotta know what part of the map your character excels in. The basement is for doomfists and Junkrats, stay far away.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

patch verdict: the buffs are nice but im still sick and tired of team defense matrix 3, guess i gotta wait til halloween to play again

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoa, that's new, right?

Bronze - Plat are affected by the orange arrow, Master/Grandmaster by the red arrow.

Sooo ... tanking your rank to get more easy wins got easier or what?
Suck for 5 games, lose a full tier?

Edit: Welp, looks like I'm all decked out with grey and blue loot items. KA-CHING!

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 29, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No, it means that if you're below 1500 sr for 5 games you'll drop into bronze and your icon under your portrait will change. You'll still get silver (or your highest tier) comp rewards for that season.

It has no practical significance except to make serial throwers less immediately visible upon entry into a game.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The new expansion pack for XCom 2 adds in "soldier bonding" when you have teams that do well together. Since I created an all-overwatch team, this was the first bond the game came up with, totally organic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

looking forward to the day when orisa and widowmaker aren't in every single game

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

looking forward to the day when orisa and widowmaker aren't in every single game

Counting down to Overwatch 2 already, huh?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really wish the D.Va and Mercy reworks had gone in with this patch because Overwatch feels really good right now except for mass rezs undoing all your work and defense matrix forcing you to wait out D.Va for half the match.

Once these two get reworked then I honestly am super happy with the game.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

mcbexx posted:

Whoa, that's new, right?

Bronze - Plat are affected by the orange arrow, Master/Grandmaster by the red arrow.

Sooo ... tanking your rank to get more easy wins got easier or what?
Suck for 5 games, lose a full tier?

Edit: Welp, looks like I'm all decked out with grey and blue loot items. KA-CHING!

Match making is based on your mmr not your tier. That change keeps people from getting plat then tanking their rating for the lawls and still getting plat rewards.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Loving DM so far, really hope it ends up as a permanent fixture in arcade.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Dietrich posted:

Match making is based on your mmr not your tier. That change keeps people from getting plat then tanking their rating for the lawls and still getting plat rewards.
You still get rewards for your highest achieved rank, because Jeff isnt a sadist.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I remain skeptical of Deathmatch and it's balancing, but had a really good time with a mate in Team Deathmatch earlier, they seem to have got it all right there with the map adjustments and spawning. Seems fair and exciting, and I think you can justify playing any character, which I can't see being true of regular deathmatch.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Roadhog feels REALLY good after the changes. Just being able to keep positioning for hooks while huffing makes a huge difference, let alone soaking extra damage from the DR and being able to get away and live instead of dying. (he still feeds ults like mad, I had a card for healing 6500 damage, 48% of damage taken in a QP game)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he definitely feels better. I don't feel like I'm throwing fights just by existing anymore, that's for sure

still think they should drop the hook cooldown back to what it was at launch tho

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

How is this update a 15gb download?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's 6 gigs, mostly because there's technically 16 or so new maps for deathmatch stuff aside from chateau. Plus the implementation of deathmatch/TDM modes, and then some changes for each of the heroes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

berenzen posted:

It's 6 gigs, mostly because there's technically 16 or so new maps for deathmatch stuff aside from chateau. Plus the implementation of deathmatch/TDM modes, and then some changes for each of the heroes.

it's 6.31 gigs on pc but like 15.7 on ps4

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sounds like it's reinstalling the full game??? I dunno.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I checked the file size and it's just under 16 gigs on ps4, so that would make sense

that download still took the whole day tho; pc took like 20 minutes. sony's servers are trash

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Two things: PS4 always reports the total installed size, it's not actually downloading that much; and

PS4 speeds are trash, yes, but there are ways around that

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 30, 2017

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

HOG LIVES AND I AM FULLY ERECT

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Re: patch big:

quote:

General

A number of data format changes have been implemented
Developer Comments: Over the past few months, we’ve been working on a number of significant under-the-hood changes that will help us streamline the patching process. This will allow us to reduce the download size in future patches, but it does mean that today’s patch is larger than a traditional patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Well that's good. I just got the game so his was my first patch and I was worried it was somehow normal.