Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

I tend to only use bayonet charges to take out elite kits.

a regular melee works just as well from my experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
do you have to equip the lance on the horses?

my horse rider load out has also been bugged for months, I don't have the Russian calvary equipped and only have the 1911, and cannot figure out how to change the load out for it\

nm figured it out, now to figure out how to do the charge thing

nm figured that out, charging people is hard

Laminator fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 25, 2017

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
this is too much fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiO3iddxfHA

first time using it, got eight kills before another horseman got me.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
OK so here's my problem, it looks like the actual crosshairs / countdown timer of the lance charge has nothing to do with where it's aimed / effective? Do you just feel out and judge by the animation when a mans is gonna eat the instakill?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Well during a charge your right stick is disabled, so all aiming is done with the horse using the left stick. Your dude will automatically seek and track enemy nuts to skewer within range. So think of it like activating this cone of death on your right side, and basically ignore visual cues from the spear.

e: and ignore the crosshair

Laminator posted:

my horse rider load out has also been bugged for months, I don't have the Russian calvary equipped and only have the 1911, and cannot figure out how to change the load out for it\

Wait what

As in, you can't pull out your rifle? On horse or on foot?

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 25, 2017

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
They really need to do some balancing on that new map released in CTE. The Soviets just get dominated and the mortar land ship is hilariously OP.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

CornHolio posted:

this is too much fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiO3iddxfHA

first time using it, got eight kills before another horseman got me.

At the end I was hoping that if you got multiple enemies they would just start stacking up on the lance. Disappointed.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Also the new BUTT clan logo is great.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

mellowjournalism posted:

Wait what

As in, you can't pull out your rifle? On horse or on foot?

it was on foot. A few months after the game came out, I think I did something on the Android app and it somehow de-equipped the Russian 1895 from the calvary loadout, meaning whenever I would get off the horse I only had the 1911 and grenades.

I finally figured out last night that if you press R2/L2 on the deploy screen (so you can like change your horsie color), you can re-equip it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Auxiliary Treats posted:

At the end I was hoping that if you got multiple enemies they would just start stacking up on the lance. Disappointed.

I was pretty sad I got taken out by a horserider with a saber. You'd think the lance would hit him first.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Laminator posted:

I only had the 1911 and grenades.

Good enough for Audie Murphy, you ingrate :v:

de_dust posted:

Also the new BUTT clan logo is great.

Somehow changing my emblem changes the clan emblem. Also I made it. :Goatse:

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I only noticed last night that your emblem is embossed on the side of your gun.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Cultural Marxist posted:

I only noticed last night that your emblem is embossed on the side of your gun.

Also on your sidecar on the motorcycle and all other vehicles. I've yet to notice anything about your horse's livery which is a huge lost opportunity come on dice

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
holllaaaaaaaaaa

Lemme get some placement options too so I can have two on either asscheek or just one straight up on his forehead

CornHolio posted:

I was pretty sad I got taken out by a horserider with a saber. You'd think the lance would hit him first.

I like that lancing another rider is tricky-- it would be dumb if the lance charge worked on horses because you'd both just charge straight at each other and see whose netcode won out. So you really gotta time your thrust, which has a relatively long windup and short damage window.

The windmill strike also has more range than the saber if you're at ~canter speed~

Laminator posted:

it was on foot. A few months after the game came out, I think I did something on the Android app and it somehow de-equipped the Russian 1895 from the calvary loadout, meaning whenever I would get off the horse I only had the 1911 and grenades.

I finally figured out last night that if you press R2/L2 on the deploy screen (so you can like change your horsie color), you can re-equip it.

lmbo dice you're so CUTE

Funny thing though is that I often dismount just to pull out my 1911 before mounting up again so any time I hop off, it's ready.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFm-avEj3k

E-sports brah!

It's hard to get a sense of what the gameplay will be like but it looks like a TDM/Conquest hybrid.

Also, the new emblem is amazing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Competitive Battlefield

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Auxiliary Treats posted:

E-sports brah!

It's hard to get a sense of what the gameplay will be like but it looks like a TDM/Conquest hybrid.

This brings back so much Medal Of Honor Spearhead memories. Kinda weird they limit it to 5v5 though.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

E-sports brah!

I can't watch videos at work, is this going to be some new game or is it an expansion of BF1?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
It's a new 'competitive' game mode. 5v5 on cut-down versions of regular maps. They made a point to say that vehicles are included so it's more than just TDM. Another thing they mentioned was that you pick your class before the match starts so I get the impression that you'll keep that kit throughout.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

This brings back so much Medal Of Honor Spearhead memories. Kinda weird they limit it to 5v5 though.

Oh mannn those games.

the carcano

the kar98k rifle grenade

how the hell do I even remember those things

e: man watching CODWW2 and this incursions business actually just makes me crave BFWW2

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 25, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The next battlefield will almost certainly be WW2, with an outside chance of a futurey sci-fi battlefield

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Reached level 110 shooting a sniper off the roof of a building while on horseback of my black beauty that I have named Black Phillip. Feels good man.

e: I am interested to see how DICE reacts when their new competitive mode turns into Hellrigel vs A10 Hunter only matches, because those the only loving thing that people use.

Laminator fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 26, 2017

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Is the lance available to anybody or only people that buy the Russian DLC or are premium memberS?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

CornHolio posted:

Is the lance available to anybody or only people that buy the Russian DLC or are premium memberS?

I believe it's part of the Russian DLC, so you'll probably need to buy that.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Let's get some BUTTS on today!

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8omPYohF0Ms
:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okIia4HZ2Ow
:)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I could watch this all day :swoon:

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010
Anyone notice the M97's hit detection is hosed up?

Nice one :dice:.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

You gotta get off the horse and teabag for maximum :fuckoff:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Just make horses able to crouch.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Just make horses able to crouch.

only the Dressage spec horse gets the crouch ability. your dude is also renamed to

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
doublepost to exhort the BUTT Krew to hop on this evening, it's been too long and I'm feelin' rockety

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Xpost from the PC thread (and from Slack where i posted it earlier):

Snuffman posted:

:siren: Another chance at the summer missions coming up :siren:.

Aug 28th to Sept 2nd.

The dates seem messed up in the announcement, since they're still talking July/Aug, so I assume its:
- 28 - 29th, win 3 rounds of Operations
- 30- 31st, win 3 rounds of Rush
- 1st-2nd, win 3 rounds Frontlines

The reward for all 3 is a Russian Knife and the gold dog tag (along with all the associated dogtags), awarding :911: Sept 11th :911:.

The announcement is in game, but I figured I'd post it here too cause those things aren't up for long and I know some of you guys missed the announcements before (I know I almost did!).

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cultural Marxist posted:

I believe it's part of the Russian DLC, so you'll probably need to buy that.

I have it, I just didn't know if people without it were going to be forever without it and jealous of my speary stabby thing.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'll be playing operations soon if anyone wants to join in. Somehow I didn't get credit for that step.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I'll be playing operations soon if anyone wants to join in. Somehow I didn't get credit for that step.

MUST HEAR AND OBEY

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Auxiliary Treats posted:

How does on tell if you got credited for whatever?

Also, I should be on for butt operations tonight.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

venutolo posted:

How does on tell if you got credited for whatever?

Also, I should be on for butt operations tonight.

If you check the dogtags page, they're listed under the community tab for the back side. Each step has its own tag. Call to action is for ops, defend the frontlines is for rush, and the next frontier is for frontlines.

From what I can tell there's no way to actually track whether a match counts towards the total because I swear I won more than 3 the first time around.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks. Now to find the dog tags page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

MUST HEAR AND OBEY

Tank lord reporting in. Please provide me heavy machinery.