Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

Show don't tell. And if you are going to imply things, do it in a way that makes sense.

imho this was the biggest fuckup this season(*). There's so many things that only make sense if the audience comes up with fanfiction to explain it. I'm not asking for timestamps on every scene or other super obvious explanations, but if the viewers have to say "it totally makes sense if you assume..." then the people making the show have failed at their jobs.

*Other than the lack of titties of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
youd think the ice breath would strengthen the wall...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's ice fire, though.

gently caress it, it looks cool even if it makes zero sense.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

THIS SHOW DOESN'T MEET THE STANDARDS OF MY AUTISTIC VISION OF THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE. IT'S BULLSHIT

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hell Yeah posted:

THIS SHOW DOESN'T MEET THE STANDARDS OF MY AUTISTIC VISION OF THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE. IT'S BULLSHIT

Mods, change Hell Yeahs name to It's Bullshit.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Waltzing Along posted:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
epic auntsex

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.

:same:

insulated staircase posted:

eastwatch was manned. some dudes came over from there when they did the night watch election.

:goonsay:

Eastwatch was manned, the wildlings were supplementary. Tormund even comments to Beric that the "crows" told him he'd get use to the height of the wall in the last episode.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mods, please change my username to

INCESTBOAT MEGGIDO

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 30, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was nice of the finale to go back to the Season 1-3 "sex with exposition over top" format.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
it was great that they are explaining without question that Jon and Dany are related while they show them boning down.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Hell Yeah posted:

this show's fucken awesome. intensely boatfucking your aunt :discourse:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ArbitraryC posted:

It felt a bit out of character for him not to realize he was gonna get punked and disappear before the hammer fell but overall I wasn't too upset with the scene.

Littlefinger has been feeling out of character for me pretty much since he first got to the Vale with Sansa.

He orchestrated the events of S1 and quite a bit more and then in this last season he's taken an army up North and... Like did he hit his head or something and I missed it?

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 29, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

COMRADES posted:

Littlefinger has been feeling out of character for me pretty much since he first got to the Vale with Sansa.

He orchestrated the events of S1 and quite a bit more and then in this last season he's taken an army up North and... Like did he hit his head or something and I missed it?

He got the hots for a cute redhead

was thinkin with the small brain between his legs you see

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Also i just finished watching the finale

It was okay

Varys didn't get to do poo poo though. I'm surprised they haven't randomly thrown him off a cliff as well since they have no idea what to do with him. Also, it sucks that the red witch went back to her home planet

She was loving hot, man

Fartbox fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 29, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fartbox posted:

He got the hots for a cute redhead

was thinkin with the small brain between his legs you see

That poor fool should have just put fake Sansa on retainer and chilled out in the Vale.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Fartbox posted:

Also i just finished watching the finale

It was okay

Varys didn't get to do poo poo though. I'm surprised they haven't randomly thrown him off a cliff as well since they have no idea what to do with him. Also, it sucks that the red witch went back to her home planet

Yeah, I've had Varys in my deadpool for the last like, 3 seasons, and I've always felt like it was a sure thing because there's nothing to actually keep him around for. Like, he doesn't have any revenge to get, any destiny to fulfill, and he doesn't even have any intel to act as a deus ex machina anymore. He's just kinda there now.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

im cute posted:

lol @ the people in this thread insisting the spoilers can't be real because they are too dumb, when it has repeatedly been shown that yeah, spoilers are real, and yes, the show is dumb.

There have never been fake spoilers for this show before W.O.W

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

COMRADES posted:

Littlefinger never was as smart as he purported to be. This is absolutely his character.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Show LF maybe. Book LF is like 5 steps ahead of everyone else all the time.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It wasnt about how smart he was It was about how not-dumb the stark kids are now, although they acted dumb/autistic all season.

whatever as long as he's dead.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah but what I'm saying is book LF wouldn't even be in Winterfell in the first place because why?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Aryas gonna wear his face now and kick cersei right in the hoo haa

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm very unimpressed with how entirely pussy whipped Jaime is.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Jamie shoulda been roasted this season.

P. weak copout that no one of consequence died during Dany's raid.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

What was the significance of Cersei not killing Jaime or Tyrion when presented w the opportunity?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
She's pregnant and her fetus is sending feelgood vibes to keep his father/uncle from being shat on by Frankenmountain. This causes it to die because bad writing and thus why Cersei miacarriages before Cleganebowl in S8

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

ROFLburger posted:

What was the significance of Cersei not killing Jaime or Tyrion when presented w the opportunity?

She shook

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Hell Yeah posted:

this show's fucken awesome. intensely boatfucking your aunt :discourse:

:yeah:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ROFLburger posted:

the audience got to see the exact same scene happen twice. i actually started laughing the second time because it was so silly

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

COMRADES posted:

Yeah but what I'm saying is book LF wouldn't even be in Winterfell in the first place because why?

the books are bad and dumb

the show is bad and dumb and has cool effects and tittays

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

1st AD posted:

the books are bad and dumb

the show is bad and dumb and has cool effects and tittays

Finally a good post in this bad thread.

I enjoyed the books right up until feast and then Martin's adhd kicked in and there were about 50 different characters and 10 different plots

But I think what gets a lot of people is that while it's good that the show waters it all down and basically is full of violence and tittays, it frustrates people who read the books because this series is celebrated for being complex and thought provoking when it isn't

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
They should make the show be exactly like the books and have every episode be 95% slow panning over everyone's clothes and what they're eating, while one of the five songs that exists in Westeros plays in the background and then periodically Tyrion be all "where do whores go?" while thumbing the stub of his nose.

Anyway if the spooky ice dragon can breathe spooky ice fire then surely that means that spooky ice fire is a Thing the Night King instils [cause dragons breathe regular, unspooky fire] so how come he didn't just have a regular ol' squad of skellybops breathe spooky ice fire.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I haven't seen the show mention blood sausages! What the gently caress, show! They're integral to the food!@!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hope one of those dead giants steps on someone next season!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"Are you ready Khaleesi?" Doreah's voice was determinedly steady. Daenerys nodded--there was nothing to be gained from holding this off any longer. Doreah looked back at the other two and gave a slight jerk of her head.

In the next second, Dany knew nothing but pain. It was not pain that would have made her scream, but pain that left her mouth gaping open in silent shock. Gritting her teeth and gripping the sides of the box like her life depended on it, she tried to release all the tension in her frame as Jhiqui slowly fed more and more of the great cock inside her.

Finally, it was halfway in, as much as it could go, and Danny's mind reeled from the feeling of fullness. Her oval office throbbed around the great organ, and every time the stallion swayed and plunged, its motion regulated by her handmaiden's grip, it threatened to drive her over the edge and screaming into blissful ecstasy.

The smell of the horse's great leathery testicles was intoxicating and Jhiqui found herself kissing them gently. They tasted of salt and sweat, and soon her lips were suckling on one ball; her depravity soon caught on and shy, demure Irri joined her, lips wrapped around the other testicle as they worked to pleasure the beast and hasten its climax.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

"Are you ready Khaleesi?" Doreah's voice was determinedly steady. Daenerys nodded--there was nothing to be gained from holding this off any longer. Doreah looked back at the other two and gave a slight jerk of her head.

In the next second, Dany knew nothing but pain. It was not pain that would have made her scream, but pain that left her mouth gaping open in silent shock. Gritting her teeth and gripping the sides of the box like her life depended on it, she tried to release all the tension in her frame as Jhiqui slowly fed more and more of the great cock inside her.

Finally, it was halfway in, as much as it could go, and Danny's mind reeled from the feeling of fullness. Her oval office throbbed around the great organ, and every time the stallion swayed and plunged, its motion regulated by her handmaiden's grip, it threatened to drive her over the edge and screaming into blissful ecstasy.

The smell of the horse's great leathery testicles was intoxicating and Jhiqui found herself kissing them gently. They tasted of salt and sweat, and soon her lips were suckling on one ball; her depravity soon caught on and shy, demure Irri joined her, lips wrapped around the other testicle as they worked to pleasure the beast and hasten its climax.

I, uh, hm...

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
:staredog:

Ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

His best season IMO was season 2.