Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

He is an intentional moron who wants other race car drivers to "get theirs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Didn't he need to go through therapy after the whole JW thing, even though that was a combination of racing incident and insanely bad luck? Why the gently caress would he try and instigate poo poo?

(Answer: he's aggressively stupid)

Minto, every time I see your av, I wish he was holding up four fingers :smith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kurt Busch and Sage Karam were switched at birth. Sage is Kyle's real brother. This is the only conspiracy theory I believe.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Minto, every time I see your av, I wish he was holding up four fingers :smith:

Me too. :smith:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

I can't remember Pastor ever intentionally brake checking someone and loving around with someone on purpose in a grand prix.

This Sage guy just seems like an intentional moron and is aware of his actions rather than Pastor's unintentional aggressive idiocy.

My favourite bit of Karam lore is his bizzare, one sided feud with Takuma Sato in 2015.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Human Grand Prix posted:

My favourite bit of Karam lore is his bizzare, one sided feud with Takuma Sato in 2015.

Well Taku did give him a good reason to be upset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpyT7Rxc6E

Green Flag at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYKUKXT520&t=915s

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 28, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Human Grand Prix posted:

My favourite bit of Karam lore is his bizzare, one sided feud with the entire indycar grid in 2015.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The name Sage Karam keeps throwing me off too cause I keep picturing some Uzbekistani pay driver who has his entire nation's wealth behind him to land him an IndyCar seat. Instead it's some douchy looking kid from Pennsylvania.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wirth1000 posted:

The name Sage Karam keeps throwing me off too cause I keep picturing some Uzbekistani pay driver who has his entire nation's wealth behind him to land him an IndyCar seat. Instead it's some douchy looking kid from Pennsylvania.

I'm sure mid '00s Champ Car will provide exactly what you're looking for.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wirth1000 posted:

Who posts underwear pics on Twitter and gets called out by Marco Andretti for it, only to immediately take them down.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
sage karam has killed before and he will kill again

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Sage Karam should not be in a race car

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gently caress that guy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll take KyBu over Sage any day.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

gret posted:

gently caress that guy.

Harsh but fair.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
The first domino falls. Or rather, stays.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/143592-andretti-rossi-staying-with-honda

quote:

Alexander Rossi will be staying with Michael Andretti in 2018, which answers the question about which engine manufacturer Andretti Autosport is going to be running.

RACER can report they're both staying with Honda. The lengths of their respective contracts are unknown.

After RACER broke the story over the weekend that this year's Indy 500 winner, Takuma Sato, was headed for Rahal/Letterman/Lanigan Racing to join Graham Rahal next season, Andretti was asked if that would have any bearing on his engine decision. He smiled and replied, "Are you sure about that?" and then said he hadn't made up his mind but hoped to have an answer before the Sonoma finale on Sept. 17.

Andretti and team manager Rob Edwards were seen talking with Honda officials at Gateway and Monday afternoon RACER confirmed through team sources that the winners of three of the past four Indianapolis 500s with Honda were staying put after weeks of speculation that Chevrolet had made Michael a tempting offer to leave.

Speculation is Zach Veach is in the picture for Andretti's 4th seat to replace Sato.

Next up: Ganassi and TK.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Sato going to RLLR is a step sideways - was sorta hoping he would get either the 83 or 8 at Ganassi.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, that's taking some wind out of the silliness, but there's still a lot to go on for Ganassi :getin:

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think Sato going to RLLR is a step sideways - was sorta hoping he would get either the 83 or 8 at Ganassi.

I think Ganassi wants to avoid drivers that will wreck cars. I love the dude, but he's high risk, high reward.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh poo poo.

quote:

2016 Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi says rumors that he’s signed a deal with Andretti Autosport are clearly untrue because he’s still unaware whether team owner Michael Andretti might be switching his squad to Chevrolet power.

The rumor mill this year is INTENSE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also related:
https://twitter.com/hinchtoon/status/900825387915243520

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man i ain't even care about silly season yet, all i care about is indycar champion josef newgarden

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Will Buxton thinks Andretti have retained Honda at least partially to keep the door open for Alonso.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

wicka posted:

Will Buxton thinks Andretti have retained Honda at least partially to keep the door open for Alonso.

This is highly accurate since Alonso is more likely to come back to Andretti for familiarity

Also this

financially racist posted:

man i ain't even care about silly season yet, all i care about is indycar champion josef newgarden

At least Newgarden's 2018 car number won't change by much wherever they may be located on the car

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Oh poo poo.

The rumor mill this year is INTENSE

Is Rossi being backed by Honda money or something?

I know I mentioned this in Discord the other day, but he strikes me as overrated. His (Rossi's) resume is one turn and a straightaway more impressive than JR Hildebrand.

e- Eh, comparing the two, that's a bit harsh of a comparison but still, he seems to be somebody who's riding on potential more than anything.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 29, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Rossi being backed by Honda money or something?

I know I mentioned this in Discord the other day, but he strikes me as overrated. His (Rossi's) resume is one turn and a straightaway more impressive than JR Hildebrand.

He has Honda backing yes. And as countered, he's getting better. He's quietly picked up nine top tens this year, including that third at Pocono.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

He has Honda backing yes. And as countered, he's getting better. He's quietly picked up nine top tens this year, including that third at Pocono.

I guess his quiet performance is why I keep thinking he's more of a midpack driver than anything else. He's not terribly noticeable, but has run well, mostly hanging out in the 5-8 range in the running order.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
The winner of the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race should be in IndyCar for as long as humanly possible. Being that he won it in a Honda it's no wonder why he's associated with them since he's their marketing piece like Taku but in a different way.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

I guess his quiet performance is why I keep thinking he's more of a midpack driver than anything else. He's not terribly noticeable, but has run well, mostly hanging out in the 5-8 range in the running order.

Yeah, I'm also holding any judgement on how good a driver is or isn't until next year if they joined up since the aero era started, especially if they're on a Honda team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KingShibby posted:

The winner of the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race should be in IndyCar for as long as humanly possible. Being that he won it in a Honda it's no wonder why he's associated with them since he's their marketing piece like Taku but in a different way.

Also this.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

wicka posted:

Even as the rumors swirl about McLaren going to Renault?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Space Racist posted:

Even as the rumors swirl about McLaren going to Renault?

Eh, those rumors are mostly swirling because Mercedes and Ferrari have already refused to supply McLaren with engines. Renault don't want to supply another team, and I don't know that McLaren will see huge gains from them anyway. I would guess maybe the idea is that McLaren stays with Honda and Alonso takes a year off in Indy? It's not like there are better options for him in F1.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Alonso, realistically, can go to either A.) Williams, to perpetually finish in 5th-8th place with the occasional podium or B.) Renault, which really doesn't look much better and the results would likely be the same.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Eh, those rumors are mostly swirling because Mercedes and Ferrari have already refused to supply McLaren with engines. Renault don't want to supply another team, and I don't know that McLaren will see huge gains from them anyway. I would guess maybe the idea is that McLaren stays with Honda and Alonso takes a year off in Indy? It's not like there are better options for him in F1.

If Toro Rosso takes on Honda I could see it happening. That's looking less likely as time wears on but McLaren as a whole has clearly run out of patience with Honda.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

If Toro Rosso takes on Honda I could see it happening. That's looking less likely as time wears on but McLaren as a whole has clearly run out of patience with Honda.

Toro Rosso talks fell through.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And a month ago Sauber had a Honda deal. Things can change.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think Alonso has run out of patience with Honda more than McLaren has.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

both rossi and sato leaving andretti would be pretty funny considering they are currently the highest two andretti drivers in the points and are the only two andretti drivers to win races in the last two years

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

iospace posted:

He also got on the podium in Toronto and probably would have in Long Beach too if the car didn't crap out on him, and had a good shot at repeating the 500 before the blown pit stop. He's a drat fine driver IMO.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

financially racist posted:

both rossi and sato leaving andretti would be pretty funny considering they are currently the highest two andretti drivers in the points and are the only two andretti drivers to win races in the last two years

I was going to say it seems like Marco is lining up for his worst season ever, but no, it's still somehow less poo poo than 2016 for him. He's 13th in points so far, his worst season finishes being 16th in 2012 and 2016. In 2012 he at least had a second at Iowa, in 2016 he never finished better than 8th. He's had a 7th, 6th, and 4th this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

IOwnCalculus posted:

I was going to say it seems like Marco is lining up for his worst season ever, but no, it's still somehow less poo poo than 2016 for him. He's 13th in points so far, his worst season finishes being 16th in 2012 and 2016. In 2012 he at least had a second at Iowa, in 2016 he never finished better than 8th. He's had a 7th, 6th, and 4th this year.

I'm assuming Marco has that seat for as long as he wants it owing to his last name?

• Locked thread