Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/lemondelive/status/900749539732312067

Starting a countdown for "cela montre qu'il faut aller vite pour réformer le code du travail"

Edit: Here's a bonus for the new page

https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/900749321947291648

That's roughly twice what I make in a year. Neat.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Kassad posted:

https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/900749321947291648

That's roughly twice what I make in a year. Neat.

It's actually lower than hollande, although admittedly hollande probably needed a bit more makeup work. the clickbaity headline going around is 'macron pays €26,000 on makeup' as though he's buying €10k bottles of eyeliner instead of paying the contractor who's job it is to apply the makeup you need to not look like poo poo on tv

e: Macron in the second sentence, not Hollande

Fallen Hamprince fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 25, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I mean I do not doubt it might be for a year long contract, but it does make him look even worse then he already is.

https://twitter.com/sadengels/status/900807700921155584

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

It's for three months. For comparison, Sarko spent ~8,000 a month, hollande ~10,000. tv makeup work is expensive.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

does it really take ~8.5k euro a month for macron to have his face done up like this?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Condiv posted:

does it really take ~8.5k euro a month for macron to have his face done up like this?

With labour costs, yeah pretty quickly.

I do find it hilarious that the media narrative has already started shifting from "GREAT WHILE CENTRIST HOPE OF EUROPE" to "yet another no-hoper".

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the clickbaity headline going around is 'hollande pays €26,000 on makeup' as though he's buying €10k bottles of eyeliner instead of paying the contractor who's job it is to apply the makeup you need to not look like poo poo on tv

Understandable mistake, but I think you meant Macron.

Pretty sure my girlfriend spends 26k every trimester on make-up tho.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Junior G-man posted:

I do find it hilarious that the media narrative has already started shifting from "GREAT WHILE CENTRIST HOPE OF EUROPE" to "yet another no-hoper".
I dig that they were all going 'Macron's polls are tanking! How could this be?' as if he didn't win by being a slightly less revolting bastard than Le Pen.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

R. Mute posted:

I dig that they were all going 'Macron's polls are tanking! How could this be?' as if he didn't win by being a slightly less revolting bastard than Le Pen.

and then turning out to be more revolting than previously imagined

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I mean, I expected this.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

It didn't exactly take a psychic to predict that Macron, the minister for economy under a president incredibly unpopular because of his economic policy, would make an unpopular president

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

lost in postation posted:

It didn't exactly take a psychic to predict that Macron, the minister for economy under a president incredibly unpopular because of his economic policy, would make an unpopular president

And yet, no one in the media had this much foresight.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Hey now, let's not be negative only about Macron. Manuel Valls still exists, after all.

https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/901149175680712704

:cawg:

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Kassad posted:

Hey now, let's not be negative only about Macron. Manuel Valls still exists, after all.

https://twitter.com/leLab_E1/status/901149175680712704

:cawg:

The replies to any Valls related tweet are always gold. They keep my cold heart warm.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

I'm sorry I despise Macron with all my being but I can't give a poo poo about something as ridiculous as the piddly amount of money it takes to keep him looking human on TV.

Please remember to take a day off on the 12th of September so that you can march against his shitass labour reform tho!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Flowers For Algeria posted:

I'm sorry I despise Macron with all my being but I can't give a poo poo about something as ridiculous as the piddly amount of money it takes to keep him looking human on TV.

Please remember to take a day off on the 12th of September so that you can march against his shitass labour reform tho!

:agreed:

every time someone makes a fuss about how politicians aren't perfectly efficient policy robots and get themselves reimbursed for food that isn't quite trash tier, stationery that isn't just 500 page reams of cheap printer paper and €0.49 disposable ballpoint pens, or whatever, it's just cheap outrage

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Nah, me neither. If he didn't do the makeup thing the papers would write "he looks ill and unhealthy, is he dying?"

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
So the spin doctor was on BFMTV:

https://twitter.com/CCastaner/status/901749246180958208

Isn't it unusually early to be at the "polls don't matter" stage?

https://twitter.com/CCastaner/status/901753425486073856

Schrödinger's France: hates reforms, expects massive reforms

And then there's this nugget:

https://twitter.com/CCastaner/status/901752563208421377

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

And he's proud of it, too. What a poo poo.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

And he's proud of it, too. What a poo poo.
His whole twitter feed is full of insanely deep quotes, man. His next one is probably going to be "le feu ça brule et l'eau ça mouille!" based on the deep "brêve de comptoir" quality of the previous ones.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Tweet deleted, was it the "if it hinders terrorism, it cannot be a restriction of personal freedom" bit ? That one was good too...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Yep, that was it:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

"No you see it's because you don't like macron enough"

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Il ne faut jamais céder aux Cassandre. Ce cheval de bois projet de loi rendra toute sa prosperité à Troie la France.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So what I'm getting here is, France ended up with someone with thinner skin than Trump and a bigger sense of entitlement than Clinton?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Bigger sense of entitlement than Clinton, I couldn't say, but a thinner skin than Trump? Hell no. And I say this as someone who doesn't like Macron. Him and his people are just using the same rhetoric as all his predecessors did when their approval rating went to poo poo. It's worth making fun of because of all the "he's revolutionizing French politics! Leader of the Free World!" nonsense from a bunch of people after the election, but nothing more. He's not lashing out at people over Twitter.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
When was the last time the French people actually liked their president? Like has any president polled higher than 65% since... Napoleon? I couldn't easily figure this out in 5 minutes of Googling re: Mitterand or whoever's popularity. It looks like Pompidou also got down to 5% approval, de Gaulle to 30%, and Chirac to 12%, so hating the president's guts seems to be like business as usual. Jesus Christ would probably only get like 45% approval ratings even if he was handing out mana and curing all ailments.

I mean, Macron might be a lovely president, but can you really tell anything at all from the opinion polls?

VVV: thanks! I was surprised not to find a wiki about it like the US has.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 29, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Saladman posted:

When was the last time the French people actually liked their president? Like has any president polled higher than 65% since... Napoleon? I couldn't easily figure this out in 5 minutes of Googling re: Mitterand or whoever's popularity. It looks like Pompidou also got down to 5% approval, de Gaulle to 30%, and Chirac to 12%, so hating the president's guts seems to be like business as usual. Jesus Christ would probably only get like 45% approval ratings even if he was handing out mana and curing all ailments.

I mean, Macron might be a lovely president, but can you really tell anything at all from the opinion polls?
François Mitterrand went down to 22% in december 1991 after 10 years in power.
Nicolas Sarkozy went down to 28% in his first (and only) 5 years and people hated him.
Jacques Chirac went down to 27% after 10+ years but it wasn't as hateful. He was just a super thief.
But no one ever went down as fast as Macron. And it's 100 days of mostly vacation time. After the same period Hollande was at 54% and he went far far lower. Sarko was up by 4%
Also Pompidou got the "his wife is into orgies we have photos(obviously fake ones)" scandal phase. That was fun as hell. Then he died of his super secret sickness.

edit: appropriate music edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7cjdPleMak

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 29, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I suppose we live in an age where information is instant and continuous. The effects of political decisions are felt immediately.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Saladman posted:

VVV: thanks! I was surprised not to find a wiki about it like the US has.

Yes, that would be a pretty reliable way to piss off conservatives.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is Macron so hated because people mostly voted for him to oppose Le Pen and his campaign was a sort of giant tent that encompassed everyone who was anti-fascist? Is it because he lied about everything? A combination? Some other reason?

Also, has anything he's proposed or suggested been popular at all?

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 30, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My mom thinks he's a gently caress-up because he was literally not in the public eye at all basically until he became President of the republic, which is a pretty loving major step to take in one go. She thinks as long as he surrounds himself with intelligent people he'll end up being fine, and she's willing to forgive him saying the wrong thing until about Christmas while he gets used to being the biggest political figure in France after basically being a nobody.

I personally think people just voted for him to oppose LePen, I mean, your choice was literally Nazis, or some other dude who's still very right wing and he's not going to get better.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

I personally think people just voted for him to oppose LePen, I mean, your choice was literally Nazis, or some other dude who's still very right wing and he's not going to get better.
That's a really optimistic view.I think people realized that we aren't Great Britain and exiting the euro-zone now would gently caress us badly and that rich people wouldn't be the one ending up paying for our exit of the eurozone. So basically same but with more bourgeois and less anti-facist people overall.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

That's a really optimistic view.I think people realized that we aren't Great Britain and exiting the euro-zone now would gently caress us badly and that rich people wouldn't be the one ending up paying for our exit of the eurozone. So basically same but with more bourgeois and less anti-facist people overall.

Nah it's because he wasn't Lepen

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

Nah it's because he wasn't Lepen
Lepen whose main arguments were Franxit and returning to the Franc. They did not mind the racism part of Lepen, they minded the losing money part of her program. Most of the internal debate in the FN since their defeat is "should keep the anti-euro speech or can we get elected with an economically more neutral program?".

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 31, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's everyone s take on today's work reform news ?

Toplowtech posted:

Lepen whose main arguments were Franxit and returning to the Franc. They did not mind the racism part of Lepen, they minded the losing money part of her program

Were there polls on the motivations of macron voters ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey look it's Phillipe headwear

He was just yammering about our labour laws being off putting for foreign investors.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

What's everyone s take on today's work reform news ?

Le Monde's account of what's inside the ordonnances is chilling. It's poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I'm honestly considering leaving FO to join SUD or the CGT (there's no CNT branch at Customs for some reason) over this. I mean, I knew FO was not the best union, I joined them out of familiarity with the people there, but gently caress that poo poo, if Mailly isn't willing to fight against this bullshit, he can kiss my rear end goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

But they were doing that whole thing where they're like: LOOK OVER HERE WE'RE BANNING GLYPHOSATE! Look at the shiny present, don't look at the shitbag labour reforms!

I'm so surprised it's not working.