Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Joey Freshwater posted:

Can someone crop this image:

Down to avatar size for me? Preferably with the right side cut off and Smokey centered. A border would be nice too - I'll pay for whatever forums upgrade/new avatar for whoever can do it.

What a good dog.. but you can see the pain and suffering in his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

Congrats to the fourth-best UGA QB this century.

how do you rank the top 3

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

how do you rank the top 3

1) Murray
2) Greene
3) Shockley

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

That's perfect, pick whatever you like and I'll send you a voucher thing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

D.N. Nation posted:

1) Murray
2) Greene
3) Shockley

:smith:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Color on Color owns, we live in a digital age of 4k broadcasts in GLORIOUS EVERY COLOR. Let people play contrasting, no one should have to wear white.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Counterpoint, all white unis own

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

D.N. Nation posted:

1) Murray
2) Greene
3) Shockley

I wish I had gotten to see Shockley and Greene play when I was older, I honestly feel like 12-14 year old me can't really process whether or not they were as good as Murray was.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Couple of egregious errors on Yahoo's pick em this week, Bama-FSU and LSU-BYU lines each have the right spread, but have the favorite and underdog backwards. Should make for easy picks, but better keep an eye on it to make sure they don't correct it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

I wish I had gotten to see Shockley and Greene play when I was older, I honestly feel like 12-14 year old me can't really process whether or not they were as good as Murray was.

Greene was a great game manager who moved the ball, used clock, and had a crisp play action. The perfect guy in a pro-style offense when you also have a defense that isn't going to give up a lot of points. Put him on Saban's Bama teams and they wouldn't miss a beat. But David never had a game where he put a team going tits up on his shoulders and said "c'mon, I'm winning this one."

Tough to really measure Shockley because he was a backup/hurt all but one year, but he made the one year count as far as RINGZ go.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's perfect, pick whatever you like and I'll send you a voucher thing

Don't worry about it, took me like 15 seconds to do it. Go Bucs!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide roll tide

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhVhQZUCpM

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
hey y'all we're like 48 hours away from the best 5 day stretch of the year. god bless. Iowa Football Hawks #1 baby

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

hell yah

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

D.N. Nation posted:

Tough to really measure Shockley because he was a backup/hurt all but one year, but he made the one year count as far as RINGZ go.

I may be overly optimistic/wearing nostalgia goggles, but I think we have a good shot at going undefeated in 2005 if Shockley doesn't get hurt for UF and Auburn...

of course we got pantsed by WVU with a perfectly healthy Shockley in the Sugar Bowl that year so :v:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bad News: I've got to move for work.
Good News: Back to Bama bitches
Bad News: North Alabama, so the bad UA and their bad football is there
Good News: Can get in fights with Auburn fans again. Also close to Tennessee, so they're open season too.
Good GOOD News: Able to listen to Eli Gold on the radio again.

NC is a hellhole and a football wasteland. Mustard based BBQ sauce is an affront to God and all things good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

1) Murray
2) Greene
3) Shockley

Uh, yeah, but did Murray ever throw an 80yd missile 30yds past his receiver that Gary Danielson could furiously masturbate to over replay? I. Think. Not.

Also, Stafford was really good at firing 90mph fastballs off the slot receiver's chest on drag routes.

E: I'm not joking, I remember the NFL 'highlight reel' during the UF UGA one year showing how impressive Stafford's arm was and I swear 3 of the 7 throws were loving fireball incompletions.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Good News: Can get in fights with Auburn fans again. Also close to Tennessee, so they're open season too.

Athens is closer to Auburn than Knoxville is.

While I'm at it so is:

Vandy
Ole Miss
Miss. St
Columbia (by .2 miles)

Gainsville is only like 5 miles further than knoxville.

I got bored so I stopped looking after that. People don't realize how far east Knoxville is

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

NC is a hellhole and a football wasteland. Mustard based BBQ sauce is an affront to God and all things good.

Besides that fact that are you cripplingly wrong about mustard based bbq, where the hell were you in NC where it was predominant? Most NC is tomato or vinegar based, depending on E<-->W orientation.

all bbq is good god bless

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I'm starting to get excited for historically-great-other-than-a-few-very-minor-down-periods Indiana to put a pounding on Ohio State in a couple days. I mean I think we can all agree that this game likely determines which of the two teams gets to play in the national championship this year.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

There's football this weekend, I got a brisket going in the sous vide, and my mom's doing her last round of chemo today.

poo poo's pretty good sometimes.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

E: I'm not joking, I remember the NFL 'highlight reel' during the UF UGA one year showing how impressive Stafford's arm was and I swear 3 of the 7 throws were loving fireball incompletions.

Matt Stafford against Florida:

2006: I think UGA had about 30 yards total. Stafford did have that one play where he completed a pass to himself. Only a 7-point loss, but UF's defense was so good that year that Urban was content to win every game (until the end) like 20-14.
2007: He didn't play bad or anything, but that was Moreno's show.
2008: Had a great game making tough completions if you count Florida DBs as playing for UGA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Uh, yeah, but did Murray ever throw an 80yd missile 30yds past his receiver that Gary Danielson could furiously masturbate to over replay? I. Think. Not.

Also, Stafford was really good at firing 90mph fastballs off the slot receiver's chest on drag routes.

Eason has that problem too. 5 yard dump pass? No biggie, just going to launch it at the speed of sound. I know that several of his dropped passes last year were because he just missiled the ball as hard as he could on short passes.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

Eason has that problem too. 5 yard dump pass? No biggie, just going to launch it at the speed of sound. I know that several of his dropped passes last year were because he just missiled the ball as hard as he could on short passes.

Yeah Eason definitely has greatness inside of him, but drat if they're weren't a lot of overthrows and uncatchable missiles mixed in.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FSU_Recruiting/status/902636406748704769

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jordanis posted:

I got a brisket going in the sous vide

Weight? How long? I need to try this. I have ribs for the weekend.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I have a little 1.5lb prime point I plan to do a 24hr sous vide on next week. I'm unsure of how I should finish it, but thinking grill/searing in pan.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Memphis gonna clown UL Monroe, go down to play UCF in a deceptively tight game, then come back home and clown UCLA.

Gonna be a great season folks. Keep your eyes on Anthony Miller.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Weight? How long? I need to try this. I have ribs for the weekend.

I got the smallest one I could get from Costco, about eight and a half pounds (I've done as big as about ten and a half with this setup). I split it in half to bag it because I use a cooler with a hole in the top as my water bath and a whole brisket is too long to fit also I'd need to get a vacuum saver to bag something that big and my last one broke after going through like 1/4 of the bags that it came with so gently caress that. Just kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and some pink curing salt (to fake the smoke ring, totally optional) as a rub before bagging it in a 2 gallon freezer ziplock, plus half a teaspoon of liquid smoke in the bag.

36 hours at 155F, then stick it in the fridge or an ice bath to bring it down to at least room temperature (all the way down to fridge temp is better) before finishing in the oven (dry it and rub on some more salt and pepper first) for ~2 hours at 300F. The oven is just to develop the bark, which is why it's better to be able to put it in cold, and important to put it in dry (anything wet has to boil off before bark can form). You can pull it from the water and save it for like a week or more before putting in the oven.

Let it rest for ~30 mins, then slice and be amazed by how much moisture is in that fucker, and by how magical liquid smoke is.

It's basically http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-barbecue-smoked-bbq-brisket-texas-recipe.html but

1) Convert all the rub and smoke amounts to per pound amounts and it works fine for different sized pieces,
2) I say use like 2/3 as much pepper. The first one I did burned my lips with black pepper alone,
3) Double the amount of liquid smoke, they're total pussies with it.

Jordanis fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 29, 2017

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

LeeMajors posted:

Besides that fact that are you cripplingly wrong about mustard based bbq, where the hell were you in NC where it was predominant? Most NC is tomato or vinegar based, depending on E<-->W orientation.

all bbq is good god bless

Charlotte. My understanding from the NC goons is that should about sum things up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jordanis posted:

I got the smallest one I could get from Costco, about eight and a half pounds (I've done as big as about ten and a half with this setup). I split it in half to bag it because I use a cooler with a hole in the top as my water bath and a whole brisket is too long to fit also I'd need to get a vacuum saver to bag something that big and my last one broke after going through like 1/4 of the bags that it came with so gently caress that. Just kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and some pink curing salt (to fake the smoke ring, totally optional) as a rub before bagging it in a 2 gallon freezer ziplock, plus half a teaspoon of liquid smoke in the bag.

36 hours at 155F, then stick it in the fridge or an ice bath to bring it down to at least room temperature (all the way down to fridge temp is better) before finishing in the oven (dry it and rub on some more salt and pepper first) for ~2 hours at 300F. The oven is just to develop the bark, which is why it's better to be able to put it in cold, and important to put it in dry (anything wet has to boil off before bark can form). You can pull it from the water and save it for like a week or more before putting in the oven.

Let it rest for ~30 mins, then slice and be amazed by how much moisture is in that fucker, and by how magical liquid smoke is.

It's basically http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-barbecue-smoked-bbq-brisket-texas-recipe.html but

1) Convert all the rub and smoke amounts to per pound amounts and it works fine for different sized pieces,
2) I say use like 2/3 as much pepper. The first one I did burned my lips with black pepper alone,
3) Double the amount of liquid smoke, they're total pussies with it.

Excellent. Totally making this at some point this weekend. Now I'm pissed my sous vide is at my cabin so I can't prep it this week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Charlotte. My understanding from the NC goons is that should about sum things up.

I'm so sorry.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

Oh that's just South Carolina spilling over then.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I always enjoyed visiting Charlotte for the ACCCG, but i know from personal experience the people around Charlotte are some of the lowest kind of trash humans around. Sorta like Austin where the city is kinda okay, but its mired in a sea of lovely rurality around it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jordanis posted:

There's football this weekend, I got a brisket going in the sous vide, and my mom's doing her last round of chemo today.

poo poo's pretty good sometimes.

I really want to get one of those sous vide things that have been semi-reasonably priced. I've heard sous vide chicken is phenomenal.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What are the must watch games this week besides Bama/Fl State and West loving Virginia/Virginia Tech? I want to guess maybe Michigan/Florida but haven't followed Florida's offseason so have no idea if they are ranked off name or could be good.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

LeeMajors posted:

D.N. Nation posted:

Matt Stafford against Florida:

2006: I think UGA had about 30 yards total. Stafford did have that one play where he completed a pass to himself. Only a 7-point loss, but UF's defense was so good that year that Urban was content to win every game (until the end) like 20-14.
2007: He didn't play bad or anything, but that was Moreno's show.
2008: Had a great game making tough completions if you count Florida DBs as playing for UGA.

I would have thought you were crazy if you told me 10 years ago that one day Matthew Stafford would be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Houston @ UTSA was cancelled for some reason or another. UH has been practicing at UT all week, but I'm sure the safety of families back home was a big distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Houston @ UTSA was cancelled for some reason or another. UH has been practicing at UT all week, but I'm sure the safety of families back home was a big distraction.

Applewhite's response was actually v good.

I think it was the right thing, both cities got slammed and Houston won't be out from underwater until who knows when.

• Locked thread