Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

BetterLekNextTime posted:

This is back a page, but the "I don't need things" lines are word for word from The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. So that part at least is Bob talking, or Bob and booper's interests perfectly aligned. My sense is Bob is the power and booper the ambition (basically what Whindam Earle wanted to be), and booper has more understanding about their enemies within and outside the lodge.

IIRC when Audrey shows up in Coop's hotel room naked in the original series he also has a beat as he talks her down where he breaks down as an FBI man, there's a difference between the things he wants and what people need (and right now what Audrey needs is a friend).

I've always seen Booper as less just Bob in Coop's skin and more the relentless focus that Cooper actualizes to try and do good in the world inverted.

Cooper has wants but also an intuition as to what he/people actually need, while Booper doesn't care about needs and only wants things from people.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

IIRC correctly when Audrey shows up in Coop's hotel room naked in the original series he also has a beat as he talks her down where he breaks down as an FBI man, there's a difference between the things he wants and what people need (and right now what Audrey needs is a friend).

I've always seen Booper as less just Bob in Coop's skin and more the relentless focus that Cooper actualizes to try and do good in the world inverted.
The way I had thought of it was that Mr. C was Cooper's competence without any morals and that Dougie Jones was Cooper's morals without any competence.

That Cooper seems to have regained himself while Mr. C is still running about seems to have thrown a bit of wrench into this though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

the mitchum brothers get adopted by andy and lucy

They're going to have to give up on converting Wally's room to a study, but it's worth it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mitchum Bros running one eyed Jack's in the vein of lillyhammer would be great.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

super mitchum brothers are going to love the food at the double RR so much

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

IIRC when Audrey shows up in Coop's hotel room naked in the original series he also has a beat as he talks her down where he breaks down as an FBI man, there's a difference between the things he wants and what people need (and right now what Audrey needs is a friend).

yeah, the wants/needs talk comes when audrey is basically throwing herself on coop's dick and he has to explain to the audience why he is not in fact going to gently caress the femme fatale teenager despite that being exactly what would happen on any other show

iirc as originally written audrey and all the other high schoolers were in college and coop would have been up in that

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't there also the thing that LFB was dating Cooper irl and she didn't want him kissing Audrey

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

moist turtleneck posted:

Wasn't there also the thing that LFB was dating Cooper irl and she didn't want him kissing Audrey

that's s2, Audrey/coop was the intended romance drama but allegedly LFB was not down with that so Annie was brought in

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Raxivace posted:

The way I had thought of it was that Mr. C was Cooper's competence without any morals and that Dougie Jones was Cooper's morals without any competence.

Holy poo poo, wow.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I hope the new Dougie is better than the old Dougie.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hopefully there's a foreword before the last eps where the Fireman comes out and says "Dougie and fake Diane are the only Tulpas who have ever been made, it's a very laborious process that takes rare earth metals, we only had enough for two. So stop asking."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I hope the new Dougie is better than the old Dougie.

He has hair from real Coop instead of Evil Coop so he should be better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't believe there's people so boring as to complain about the quality of special effects in Peaks

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

There's no way to know this, it's all our interpretation.

Becky staring into the sky is the only one of these that did anything for me, it's a really great shot. I do think the show would overall have the same feeling without them, but would change a little if it had more of them. Cutting them would only be bad for me because it would mean losing a Bobby scene and every appearance he's had has been charming.

When did Becky stare into the sky? Are you thinking of Gersten?

I still hope we get confirmation that Becky's dead. She was a piece of poo poo. :colbert:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

...! posted:

When did Becky stare into the sky? Are you thinking of Gersten?

I still hope we get confirmation that Becky's dead. She was a piece of poo poo. :colbert:

jesus christ

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The effects in this season have literally never bothered me once. They're so incredibly Lynch that they make sense in context and never took me out of the experience.

It's not like I'm watching Twin Peaks expecting loving Avatar or a Marvel movie or something.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The Mitchum Bros are going to meet the Horne Bros and either immediately start dancing and eating weed brownies & brie 'n butter baguettes together, or else one pair of them is going to evaporate into thin air and reappear at the lodge

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

im okay if the mitchums just ice the horne bros immediately cause the latter have always been human garbage while the mitchums have hearts of gold

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Mitchums and the Hornes touch and turn into goo, Timecop-style.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

I too can only picture David Lynch talking like Gordon Cole
This post is important

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Berke Negri posted:

im okay if the mitchums just ice the horne bros immediately cause the latter have always been human garbage while the mitchums have hearts of gold

They beat the everloving poo poo out of that one guy who was in charge when Dougie dropped by.

Something that came up in Escobarbarian's podcast that I haven't seen anyone mention yet: When Mr. C and Richard are walking up to the rock, the doppelganger tells his son: "You're 25 years. You're my senior." He is lying about his age. :lol:

(Presumably because he shouldn't be more than 25.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

And More posted:

They beat the everloving poo poo out of that one guy who was in charge when Dougie dropped by.

Something that came up in Escobarbarian's podcast that I haven't seen anyone mention yet: When Mr. C and Richard are walking up to the rock, the doppelganger tells his son: "You're 25 years. You're my senior." He is lying about his age. :lol:

I think it's more like he says I'm 25 years your senior go climb that rock for me

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He also said something about giving him a noogie if he didn't

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He actually says "I'm 25 years your senior." as in he's older and therefore has seniority. Except he's not 50 so he is still lying about his age. It's a weird one. But yeah although I've gotten way better I still garble words and such sometimes :(

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

That line made no sense. That must mean Richard was born when Cooper was 25. Cooper's birthyear is apparently 1954, so Richard was born in... 1979? 10 years before the original show? It makes no sense unless he's just lying for no reason.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
If Richard was conceived by Booper and Audrey 25 years ago, right after Booper got out of the blçack lodge, doenst that means Booper is 25 years older than his son Richard? And that's what I understand by "Im 25 years your senior", but english is not my first language

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It seems kind of like they just hosed up there and thought that the line implied Richard was born 25 years ago, rather than 25 years after Cooper was born, and nobody caught it during shooting.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That last episode was so good it makes me want to sign up for the FBI.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I think it was just a way of showing that Boop knew exactly how old Richard was

But it is funny to imagine that Booper is going around lying about how old he is

Chantal: Happy 40th birthday, Mr. C!...again

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bad Cooper is actually only 9 months his senior if you think about it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Maybe Richard is younger than 25

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ruddiger posted:

That last episode was so good it makes me want to sign up for the FBI.

It makes me want to wear a Female Body Inspector tshirt.

"I'm 25 years your senior" only has one meaning: "I was 25 when you were born", that just seems impossible. He was either lying for some reason or it's just a writing mistake.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 29, 2017

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Elias_Maluco posted:

If Richard was conceived by Booper and Audrey 25 years ago, right after Booper got out of the blçack lodge, doenst that means Booper is 25 years older than his son Richard? And that's what I understand by "Im 25 years your senior", but english is not my first language

Yeah.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hmm yep

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like to think they anticipated people would have confusion with that, and had booper straight up call Richard his son and not just reveal that he knows how old Richard is

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shibawanko posted:

It makes me want to wear a Female Body Inspector tshirt.

"I'm 25 years your senior" only has one meaning: "I was 25 when you were born", that just seems impossible. He was either lying for some reason or it's just a writing mistake.

Or it means "I'm 25 years older than whatever age you are"?? There's a difference.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I remember thinking "oh so he knows how old Richard is, probably cause he's his dad" as soon as booper said that, then like a minute later he just called him son

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

And More posted:

The Mitchum Bros were really working for SAM

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Or it means "I'm 25 years older than whatever age you are"?? There's a difference.

Unless I've gone retarded or something, I'm pretty sure that's the same thing. "I'm 25 years older than you" means "I was 25 when you were born". That's obvious right?

Or do you mean he's saying he's at minimum 25 years older than Richard and doesn't know how much older he actually is? That seems pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

I just smoked my post work bowl so maybe its just me being dumb but what's the difference? there's no way to be exactly 25 years older than someone without your being 25 when they were born. unless like your birth month is before theirs??