Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah we're drafting Friday.

If we postpone the waiver period by about a day, that still gives everyone a day after the waiver auction to figure out their drafting strategy. Is that sufficient?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

luck can't go on the taxi squad lol!
IR is only 50% salary discount

e. Highest ADP rookie according to this?

Sorry, I meant IR not taxi squad lol. The two coming off would add 23.5 to cap hit, luck going on would subtract 20. 11.5 currently free, means would have 8 remaining.

And sure, that seems like a reasonable source (though the blank rows are...weird)

e: we could also postpone the vet auction until after the draft?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I don't have a prob moving waiver period to sat evening.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

Sorry, I meant IR not taxi squad lol. The two coming off would add 23.5 to cap hit, luck going on would subtract 20. 11.5 currently free, means would have 8 remaining.

And sure, that seems like a reasonable source (though the blank rows are...weird)

e: we could also postpone the vet auction until after the draft?

add in the salaries of the three guys still on his taxi squad: $3 + $5 + $9 = 17.

doing the waivers after the rookie draft is... interesting. Basically, using vets to fill in where you didn't get rookies instead of using rookies to fill in where you didn't get vets? But knowing which vets are on the waivers, but not knowing if you'll get the guy you want...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Leperflesh posted:

add in the salaries of the three guys still on his taxi squad: $3 + $5 + $9 = 17.

doing the waivers after the rookie draft is... interesting. Basically, using vets to fill in where you didn't get rookies instead of using rookies to fill in where you didn't get vets? But knowing which vets are on the waivers, but not knowing if you'll get the guy you want...

This is how the NFL does it irl, I wouldn't have a problem with this

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK so, if we push the veteran waiver to after the draft, that gives us maximum flexibility. The draft is friday night, we have until then to find someone, and we can let teams continue to drop players until probably thursday night. Waivers could then run like sunday or something, and then everything opens up for drops, trades, etc. Hell we could even run a second waivers on wednesday ahead of the TNF season opener on the 7th.

This also gives Chen a couple days to possibly show up and reclaim his team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just checked my paypal records and Chen paid using a different email address, so I've emailed that one.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
So... if a player has a bad season will their salary be adjusted downward in the next year or how does that work?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

everyone's salaries go up. If you don't like a player at their salary you can trade or drop them. Salaries are set to the winnign bid for players who are picked up on waiver auctions, so you can drop a guy, bid on him the next auction, and hope to get him cheaper! Or maybe someone else grabs him!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
ok

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yay or Nay on this?

Added it to the home screen as a rolling score ticker.

I could also add a scoreboard across the top that would update in realtime.

Maybe I should put that in the GameDay tab that no one uses?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

OK so, if we push the veteran waiver to after the draft, that gives us maximum flexibility. The draft is friday night, we have until then to find someone, and we can let teams continue to drop players until probably thursday night. Waivers could then run like sunday or something, and then everything opens up for drops, trades, etc. Hell we could even run a second waivers on wednesday ahead of the TNF season opener on the 7th.

This also gives Chen a couple days to possibly show up and reclaim his team.

Is this officially a go? Because I have another drop or two that I'm too stupid to realize that I should've made until right now.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yay or Nay on this?

Added it to the home screen as a rolling score ticker.

I could also add a scoreboard across the top that would update in realtime.

Maybe I should put that in the GameDay tab that no one uses?

I dig it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It makes sense to me. If you and Smurf are in agreement, let's do it. I wanted to give everyone time to object if they had any objections, but it seems like a reasonable way forward given the constraints we're under.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I honestly think that the waiver period after the rookie draft makes more sense, so this might just be a happy accident.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

do we want to permit drops after the rookie draft, but before the veteran auction?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Well seeing as all this happened and I never knew about it because I was expecting emails through the league itself I guess someone needs to do my drops manually? I just got notified and looking here apparently the drop period was set, came, and went, and I cannot drop any more through the league?

I have a list of drops ready if needed.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 29, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Chen Kenichi posted:

Well seeing as all this happened and I never knew about it because I was expecting emails through the league itself I guess someone needs to do my drops manually? I just got notified and looking here apparently the drop period was set, came, and went, and I cannot drop any more through the league?

I have a list of drops ready if needed.

Wahooo!!!

Lets just push the waivers back to like Wednesday night, maybe 11pm EST or something or even Thursday morning.

Give Chen some time to get this rolling, get bids in, then we can go with it as we had already planned.

Edit: Also is there any interest in a scoreboard like this or should I stop trying?

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=247&SEQNO=17

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

your league email was @juno.com, we sent several league emails to it. If that was bad we needed to know! I thought to check today and found that the addy you used with paypal was different, so today we started spamming that one.

I am unlocking for drops now

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Wahooo!!!

Lets just push the waivers back to like Wednesday night, maybe 11pm EST or something or even Thursday morning.

Give Chen some time to get this rolling, get bids in, then we can go with it as we had already planned.

Edit: Also is there any interest in a scoreboard like this or should I stop trying?

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=247&SEQNO=17

Edit: ok got it post above me - I will be done as soon as I got access as I know what I need to do

Leperflesh posted:

your league email was @juno.com, we sent several league emails to it. If that was bad we needed to know! I thought to check today and found that the addy you used with paypal was different, so today we started spamming that one.

I switched the email in my profile weeks ago to another one that sends notifications directly to my phone (albeit sometimes with a little delay, it gets there) because of another league that runs communications through the MFL system. The change was global as far as I know, so I expected something to hit my phone. But yeah my time spent sitting at a computer has been kind of scarce so my bad in not checking in sooner :(

MY MOVES ARE COMPLETE.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 29, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK all owners can again drop players

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I think we've got enough buffer to push the waiver out to wed. night or thursday AM, then everyone still has over a day to decide on draft picks.

We can also still invert the order as Teemu was suggesting: do the draft, then do waivers after. I don't really have a preference.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I think we've got enough buffer to push the waiver out to wed. night or thursday AM, then everyone still has over a day to decide on draft picks.

We can also still invert the order as Teemu was suggesting: do the draft, then do waivers after. I don't really have a preference.

Given the timing works out, I'd probably rather waivers process first. But then, I need like infinite players to fill my roster, so.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Finished with everything. Three posts after my edit so figured I would do a fresh one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Man I am really glad you're back, and sorry for whatever reason that we did not have your updated email address. Whew! Feel free to take another hour or whatever to consider your roster moves, there's time.

Or several hours even. I'm not gonna lock anything in till tonight.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 29, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, really didn't want to boot a guy who is a perennial playoff contender.

So is the email addy updated?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not yet. Chen, you want us to use the comcast addy?

or I just got a gmail from you, we could use that instead

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 29, 2017

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Not yet. Chen, you want us to use the comcast addy?

or I just got a gmail from you, we could use that instead

? It isn't updating? I just checked it when I was dropping my players wtf.

Use the gmail one you have as that is the one I have setup for phone notifications, and the same one that SHOULD be showing as my contact email through the league page.

Edit: ok I see it is still the juno one I am on it and will fix shortly. Sorry about that but I went to the main account and swapped the juno for gmail there and I guess it did not trickle down to leagues individually.

Edit2: should be fixed now

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 29, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Email addresses stored in the Franchise Setup screen can only be seen and modified by commissioners, I believe. That one still shows juno. I'm not sure where you are setting your own email but I bet it's only used for notifications?

The Franchise Setup email is used for inviting owners to the league, and is the only email address I can see. Probably nobody else can see whatever addy you use for notifications.

e. I also want to know what email address to put in my records - I don't trust MFL to not gently caress up somehow so I maintain a separate email list for all owners.

e2. OK I see your gmail addy there now! I'm also adding it to my own records.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 29, 2017

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I changed the MFL dashboard email information, which shows the leagues I am in there. Apparently that change is not global like I thought it would be.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Will we be able to make any trades between the waiver period and the draft? I mean, if we can swing one in that 24 hour window that is...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Trades are open at all times, at least according to our rules. You can even trade mid-draft.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I vote to move forward with the waiver thingy before the draft. Just push it back 24hrs or something. Thursday instead of Wednesday, keep draft on Friday.

The outcome of that will determine if I draft, trade back, or stash on taxi.

If we switch it the draft will not do dick to my waiver wire bids. One affects the other, not the other way around in my opinion.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In that case!

These guys are available:

$34 - Alshon Jeffery (x - pensive, priced 2 move)
$31 - Todd Gurley - ($4-7 below market value !!! )
$14 - Lavonte David
$9 - Jordan Howard (MAYBE)
$9 - CJ Mosley
$8 - DeVante Parker (HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE)

so hit me up y'all re rebuild is on

e: PMs or email akickassduke @ gmail . com

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 29, 2017

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have a million linebackers and tight ends that i would be happy to trade but i dont think any of them are very good so lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Smurf just noticed matt ryan has a $1 salary, which can't be right. I've checked and I must have accidentally rounded him down, and also kyle rudolph who was right before him in the player list. Ryan was drafted last year at 6.3 which is in the $1 salary range, so it's not a typo where he should be $11 or something.

I'm fixing both players up to $2. Please keep your eyes open for any other discrepancies in player salaries, thanks.

e. if either of these errors messed up someone's calculations w/r/t who they were gonna drop, speak up.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have matty ice but yeah he was a dollar last season

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Vecna noticed it. Not me. The dudes just don't post poo poo. I discover it when I unlock their phones and look at their notes.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I just wanna play UO with insta-hit hally's again

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont know what was decided so I pushed the waiver period back to 11pm EST. I didnt want it to kick off before people had discussed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Are dudes on the wrong team for you guys too?

Burkhead was a Bengal until yesterday, Latavius Murray is still a raider (been a Viking for months), just little dumb poo poo like that.

These same players in my other MFL leagues are correct, they just aren't updating in our league. Is there a setting somewhere?