Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
and also seriously there are lots of goon groups and we want you to do the raids and we want to do the raids with you

don't cut yourself off from some of the best content in the game because you think you can't hack it. you can do it, i promise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

please raid with us

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

I blame my teammates, except the ones reading this, they're cool, it was the other guys

Read: pubbies or me:shobon:

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Im bad at raids because of a crippling social anxiety that only seems to manifest when I need to talk to other nerds playing the same game.

I work at a bar ffs, im not shy, i dont get it!

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
You're not the first and only one. We get through it, lol.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I sometimes am on when goons aren't and I do my best to stick with groups that are a little cohesive. But sometimes I duck out because I feel that calling screeching 10 year olds the most retarded gently caress trophies I've ever heard will get me banned.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Best strategy is to just have a super cool and good personality so people want to talk to you, HTH

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

and also seriously there are lots of goon groups and we want you to do the raids and we want to do the raids with you

don't cut yourself off from some of the best content in the game because you think you can't hack it. you can do it, i promise

Also the new clan system seems to encourage this kind of sherpa-ing behavior so there will be likely good poo poo to come out of it beyond a sense of satisfaction at having helped a fellow goon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Or you could do guided games aka guy did gays

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my current raid group bonded over hating one douchebag who wouldn't stop talking about his stream

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

eonwe posted:

I hope I'm not too much of a dumb to complete raids

on my first strike I did die vs the boss

The raids that succed are the ones having fun, chill about everything and are filled with cool people. I think they are more for people like you than like me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

moist turtleneck posted:

I think there is gonna be but it's gonna be dumb and bad and you shouldn't do it

Serf posted:

Yeah if the game has this I'll probably actually see the raids this time.

I really hope so. I don't care about difficulty or anything. I only want to shoot npcs and see the story and all that.

Legs Benedict posted:

I have absolutely zero interest in anything regarding voice chat + voice based cooperation/teamwork. I appreciate the acceptance though, really!

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:siren:A tribute to our dear leader, the OP: :siren:

Moist Turtleneck - I Would Do Anything For Bubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PtkZ4i94o

I will be releasing one video a day highlighting the Hardcone Bone Krew members leading up to Destiny 2.

some pro bubble transitions there

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

the only thing you have to know about raids is its ALWAYS someone elses fault

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

failing to complete flawless raider on easiest crota because people can't handle the hellmouth drop will never not be hilarious

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
PC beta with a XIM is easy mode right now lmao

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
pc beta with anything is easy mode right now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

PC beta with a XIM is easy mode right now lmao

Why a xim as well?

All the raids were pretty fun in their own way. The sisters onwards phase of oryx was a little workman like but I enjoyed the raids.

The adjustment with challenge modes and bringing all the raids up was pretty cool too. Got a few more weeks of fun playing with my bros.

I look forward to doing the harder poo poo again.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

the only thing you have to know about raids is its ALWAYS someone elses fault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73Wz4oTECc

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Why a xim as well?

they're received by the client as a controller (which seem to have aim assist whereas the kb+m p much don't), so you get the best of a kb+m precision and a controller autoaim

i guess if you have some sort of debilitating neurological condition where you need help to click on dudes using a mouse like a normal person it's a good alternative

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Why a xim as well?

it gives you the auto-aim the game gives to controllers as well :v:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Daric posted:

I know no one really cares but my power just came back on, the water is receding, and it looks like I'm safe to play with you guys when it comes out. I can't wait. This was the most boring, stressful weekend of my life. I need to get lost in another world for a bit.

That is great to hear. Did you get water inside? Cypress creek was crazy earlier today, looked like the mississippi when I drove over it on 249.

Policenaut posted:

looking back on it we were pretty rude to Aksis I mean that dude was just trying to sleep and have a good time and we come in and gently caress him up for fun and prizes

I still want that fuckin' ship.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

they're received by the client as a controller (which seem to have aim assist whereas the kb+m p much don't), so you get the best of a kb+m precision and a controller autoaim

i guess if you have some sort of debilitating neurological condition where you need help to click on dudes using a mouse like a normal person it's a good alternative

It's pretty rad that they basically have no way to fix this short of disabling auto aim on controllers, which is bungie's entire secret sauce tbqh. PC gaming is hilarious.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I really hope so. I don't care about difficulty or anything. I only want to shoot npcs and see the story and all that.

I have absolutely zero interest in anything regarding voice chat + voice based cooperation/teamwork. I appreciate the acceptance though, really!
Same here bruh. Between having a real life and job I somehow never got into the social aspect of D1 and never used LFG so I missed out on most of the raid stuff. Just wanted to play the drat game. It's a shame though. Looking forward to getting in on D2 at the ground floor this time.

Eventually I got taken through VoG and Crota's End with a group but everyone had already done it countless times by then and rushing through everything just following instructions with a bunch of random power-gamers led to it being a pretty unmemorable experience.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
y'all are missing out but i guess i get it :[

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

The raids that succed are the ones having fun, chill about everything and are filled with cool people. I think they are more for people like you than like me.

you seem pretty chill and cool and like to have fun though so I don't know about that! I'd play with you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's pretty rad that they basically have no way to fix this short of disabling auto aim on controllers, which is bungie's entire secret sauce tbqh. PC gaming is hilarious.

they should turn it off IMO

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Most people aren't going to bother doing that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mill Village posted:

Most people aren't going to bother doing that.

Given the advantage that is being reported I guarantee a ton of people will. I would.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna be a nice meltdown when destiny 2 makes an esport appearance and a bunch of dudes show up with xims.

Or the xim is banned from the outset and some dudes show up and mysteriously play worse than they normally do.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think most of us PS goons bonded over our collective eye rolling about Jackson. Sorry buddy, lol

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.

Legs Benedict posted:

y'all are missing out but i guess i get it :[
it's cool. I'm a big dum space man now so I'm gonna be all over the social poo poo in D2. Don't want to miss out again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I swore I wouldn't preorder after Destiny 1 left me bored and uninterested almost instantly and now how I am, a fool, giving them my money again because of assholes playing it and showing the improvements and all. So now here I am getting ready to be a robot wizard again.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
On PS4 I'm more than happy to raid with you if you think you suck or can't hack or whatever. I'm loving terrible and still managed to do them all.

It's amazing how bad I am at this game.

Edit: I'm all for joining a scrub-tier team that raids every so often on Sat or Sun or whatever time you dads put your kids to bed and get a nice cold glass of Boone's Farm.

Oldstench fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 29, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What do other PC games do about this? Or has nobody bothered to try until now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Not much they can do as xim shows up as an Xbox/PS controller so if they ban the xim's USB id they ban all legit controllers too.

Maybe there's some unique value in the device info that they could key off but that's an arms race they'd lose.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Given the advantage that is being reported I guarantee a ton of people will. I would.

i will not, because it seems like it would ruin the fun for me, even in PvP

I wonder if thats what was up with those dudes last night. there were a few matches of crucible where I got loving dominated. I would plink at them and they would loving wreck me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Not much they can do as xim shows up as an Xbox/PS controller so if they ban the xim's USB id they ban all legit controllers too.

Maybe there's some unique value in the device info that they could key off but that's an arms race they'd lose.

they can just turn off aim assist, which I assume they probably will eventually do.

haveblue posted:

most PC games don't have aim assist for controllers, or if they do, they're not multiplayer games generally.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

Why a xim as well?

I use a playstation move navigation controller with a mouse on PS4. I was hoping to be able to use the same thing natively on the PC version, but it'll only take input from one at a time. I tried a bunch of things but the XIM is the only way I could make it work. So my aiming is still limited by what the controller can do at max sensitivity, but I also get the same aim assist as people using controllers. It makes a hilariously large difference, I even saw some crybaby whining about it on reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
*looks at XIM* I wonder what the trials economy will be like on PC.