Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Arsenal are hosed this year, with or without Sanchez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

Why would Sterling accept that deal though (apart from the rumours of him wanting to relocate to London)

London, cushy gig with no pressure, and I'm sure City could tell him to gtfo if they want Sanchez that badly.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Man City are going to end up with an all white starting 11 by next August, aren't they?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

Again, it's no fecking use if we can't use it to buy anyone else. Get Lemar and van Dijk with the money and it's been a great window. Miss out on one or both and we're short of players.

Could do something for the fans instead of spunking it away on nonsense. Grassroots initiatives? Forcibly buy up some more local properties and kick out the residents to build a bigger carpark?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

London, cushy gig with no pressure, and I'm sure City could tell him to gtfo if they want Sanchez that badly.

He left us (where he was the number 1 guy) to go and win the league with City. I can't see him giving that up after what, three seasons? to go and do gently caress all at Arsenal.

sassassin posted:

Forcibly buy up some more local properties and kick out the residents to build a bigger carpark?

You're bizarrely hung up on this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

He left us (where he was the number 1 guy) to go and win the league with City. I can't see him giving that up after what, three seasons? to go and do gently caress all at Arsenal.

Sure, but I'm sure that if Pep were to tell him he wasn't going to play after they signed Sanchez it would change his mind.

e: Or pep could just tell him they're going to the park and then drive him to London Colney, push him out the door, and drive away like a dog he doesn't want.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 29, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

You're bizarrely hung up on this

It was super scummy. More people should be hung up on it tbh.

Liverpool is all about that brand and foreign markets. The club is actively harmful to the community that made it what it was in its heyday.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
This is Vanfield

You'll Never Drive Alone

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hopefully Raheem is just desperate to father more children and will take any offer to relocate to London, the city where beautiful women outnumber men.

I highly doubt he will actually come, I'd say he is twice the player the Ox is though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

EvilHawk posted:

Why would Sterling accept that deal though (apart from the rumours of him wanting to relocate to London)

Maybe he also wants to relocate to a position he doesn't play, which of course makes Wenger the ideal manager for him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hopefully Raheem is just desperate to father more children and will take any offer to relocate to London, the city where beautiful women outnumber men.

I highly doubt he will actually come, I'd say he is twice the player the Ox is though.

The lowest bar of all time.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

Man City are going to end up with an all white starting 11 by next August, aren't they?

With a team made up of noted white people Ederson, Kompany, Walker, Mendy, Danilo, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus, Sane, TWO Silvas, Fernandino, Danilo, and Alexis Sanchez if this deal happens, I completely agree.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Hellas are signing one of the South Korean dudes that caused Barcelona to get a transfer ban a couple years ago.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Hellas are signing one of the South Korean dudes that caused Barcelona to get a transfer ban a couple years ago.

I'm sure their fans will love this.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Off topic, but I figure this thread gets attention from multiple leagues. Does anyone know of or maintain a good list of football twitter accounts? More coverage and analysis rather than loving troll football, I mean

I want to avoid having to make a list of my own, and I'm positive there's a lot of them I don't follow

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

With a team made up of noted white people Ederson, Kompany, Walker, Mendy, Danilo, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus, Sane, TWO Silvas, Fernandino, Danilo, and Alexis Sanchez if this deal happens, I completely agree.

Pep is cool with beige people and also brown people, but only if the brown people are from South America.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

sassassin posted:

It was super scummy. More people should be hung up on it tbh.

Liverpool is all about that brand and foreign markets. The club is actively harmful to the community that made it what it was in its heyday.

Of course they're all about the brand and the foreign markets. We're all posting in a thread glorifying the horrible capitalist death of football by celebrating stupid money transfers. It's insane.

I see you read that notorious David Conn article. I completely agree with you that the club was scummy, but there was no forcibly about it. There wasn't a single CPO. People were understandably holding out for as much money as they could get.

I also don't agree that if they'd never bough any houses the area would be any better. That's not the clubs fault. It's a failure of shite Tory and Labour governments, and more importantly the council who like to claim ownership of good things (that when you look into them are mostly funded by things like the National Lottery and the EU) and deny all responsibility for the gently caress ups. It's also the fact the city had a massive economic downturn in the 80's and 90's. There's swathes of derelict, boarded up and or empty houses in Anfield, Toxteth, Wavertree and Kensington that are still empty to this day that are nothing to do with LFC. And the situation is similar in cities across the country.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm sure their fans will love this.

maybe in a few years he can go to Lazio, where everyone is welcome

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
BBC says Arsenal have rejected a £50m bid by City for Sanchez

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

BBC says Arsenal have rejected a £50m bid by City for Sanchez

That is a ridiculous price for someone with less than a year left on his contract

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Does Labrador have a football club?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

That is a ridiculous price for someone with less than a year left on his contract

I sincerely don’t understand this logic. If City want to buy him now they will pay an appropriate price. If they don’t want him now, and want to roll the dice on signing him for free later, then feel free to not pay the appropriate price.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Hold out for 70 or 80. gently caress em.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'd obviously try to bleed City for as much as I can get, but I'd take 50. Alexis could spend the whole season sulking for all we know, and I'd like to clear out as many unhappy players as possible at this point.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

laffo

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902666576125624320

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lets all laff at arsenal
lets all laff at arsenal
lets all laff at arsenal

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:pwn:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

That's not even the best part lol

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902667280806531073

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Playing for Wenger has turned his brain to mush.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'm an Arsenal fan and this is the best loving window ever haha

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao and also lmao at the fact that Wengy went out of his way to play him at RWB on Sunday.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why doesn't Arsenal just play him at CM and see how it goes? He can't possibly be any worse than Ramsey was this weekend.

The transfer drama is hilarious though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

Why doesn't Arsenal just play him at CM and see how it goes? He can't possibly be any worse than Ramsey was this weekend.

Oh, he absolutely can be worse.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Libertine posted:

We've seen him at CM and it's exactly what you'd expect. He doesn't pick his head up, gets caught out of position, takes bad shots, and gives the ball away too much. Basically, it's the exact same thing as him as a RWB even down to the positioning.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Libertine posted:

The fact that he wants to play at CM is mystifying. Of all the positions he can realistically play, it's probably where he is at his worst.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I really don't want Klopp to buy AOC.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He should play in goal with that big thick head of his, block everything

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He should be in the all downs team along with rooney and charlie adam

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Libertine posted:

its been tried, he doesnt have the discipline for CM positioning. even more so than the other selection options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

The fact that he wants to play at CM is mystifying. Of all the positions he can realistically play, it's probably where he is at his worst.

yah right winger is the only really promising position i see him in, and the fact that walcott is still the better option there says it all

• Locked thread