Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Well I'll be, the game actually runs pretty dang good on my piece of poo poo rig (i5-2400 + GTX 950 OC) @ 1080p high settings with renderer at 90% :stare: . It's not a buttery smooth 60fps, more like 40-60fps but I can deffo live with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Songbearer posted:

This game runs crazy smooth, looks beautiful and the gunplay is really solid. Not much to the beta but it certainly sold me. Titan berserk mode is fun as gently caress.

This. Destiny 1 was my poo poo and pvp with handcannons was my poo poo.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This is a really, really pretty game. The beta is definitely more a demo then a beta, but it looks like all the fears about a terrible PC port are unfounded.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

black.lion posted:

So let's say I have a up-to-date rig but a lovely monitor with like 60hz refresh... there's a lot of jaggedy edges that antialiasing isn't helping, any advice wrt the settings to try fiddling with?

This is from pages back but we're basically the same person, I've turned off AA and cranked my render resolution as high as I can without my framerate dropping below 60fps and it's giving me better visuals than MSAA was

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You've misunderstood. This terrible GAME is getting a PC Port

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Is there a Goon PC clan yet? Not sure if I should preorder on PC seeing as I've already got it lined up on PS4...

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

TG-Chrono posted:

Is there a Goon PC clan yet? Not sure if I should preorder on PC seeing as I've already got it lined up on PS4...

There is one listed in the OP.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

TG-Chrono posted:

there is one but i think like most people i won't be joining till the game is actually out on pc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat this is so good on pc wtf. There's no way I can go back to console now agh

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bust Rodd posted:

This doesn't happen with good games. Some people have been playing WoW for 10 years. Destiny 2 will absolutely last longer than Destiny did and Inwouldnt be surprised if the PC population eclipsed the console population eventually.

Lmao

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Spire mission, gave up at 8 tries on console. First tried it on PC. Master race.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I've given Destiny a lot of poo poo over the years but this beta is incredibly slick

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AndrewP posted:

I've given Destiny a lot of poo poo over the years but this beta is incredibly slick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvoxxtkM_M

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
This game is super pretty. Hope it is good and fun when it's released!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jebediah posted:

Spire mission, gave up at 8 tries on console. First tried it on PC. Master race.

loving lmao... I didn't finish it on console but that was because I only played it once and the power went out right as I was fighting the boss. what were your squad mates doing?

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

TG-Chrono posted:

I asked and it seems like ausgoons are mostly sticking it out on PS4. I'm sure something local will materialise once the game launches

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Yes! It's in the OP :)

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Since I don't have a console I've barely seen anything of Destiny 1, so I jumped into Destiny 2 beta not really sure what I was expecting.

Barring the pretty lackluster tutorial (Was that even the tutorial? It didn't explain anything and I had to look up the key for the "SUPER CHARGED" skill), I had a bit of fun with a friend on the strike mission. I do feel though that Destiny 2 for me suffers the same problem as The Division did - I don't mind shooting guns, but I really like using abilities and skills.
Give me an option to lower the cooldown on all the skills and I would have so so much more fun with the game. The thing I like with Borderlands is that each character "skill" has usually a short and nice cooldown and you could specialize into that skill making guns still useful, but not your primary way of dealing damage.
In comparison the Templar I played had a extremely fun ultimate, but once it ended I had to wait for the slooooow meter to recharge shooting with a generic assault rifle for what felt a ridiculously long time. That's no fun at all.

It is a very pretty game though!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
There are traits to lower cooldowns on armor pieces but the way supers work is that when you use yours and get kills (or with the shield, block damage) it produces orbs. You can't see the orbs but your teammates can and when they pick them up in fills up part of their super meter. So you basically try to chain supers that way.

I think the grenade cool down could be lowered a bit more but I don't know what the armor perks are going to be like.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Jebediah posted:

What the

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hand Cannons are so ridiculously good with a mouse.

Game runs great on PC for the most part, had one crash but otherwise smooth. Good frame rate, manual FOV setting, separate sensitivity settings for normal and ADS, very nice to see.

Guess I'm gonna get this after all. At least I have a bit before the PC release. gently caress consoles if PC is an option.

I wonder how many Destiny fans are gonna get it on console and then again on pc?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lamquin posted:

Since I don't have a console I've barely seen anything of Destiny 1, so I jumped into Destiny 2 beta not really sure what I was expecting.

Barring the pretty lackluster tutorial (Was that even the tutorial? It didn't explain anything and I had to look up the key for the "SUPER CHARGED" skill), I had a bit of fun with a friend on the strike mission. I do feel though that Destiny 2 for me suffers the same problem as The Division did - I don't mind shooting guns, but I really like using abilities and skills.
Give me an option to lower the cooldown on all the skills and I would have so so much more fun with the game. The thing I like with Borderlands is that each character "skill" has usually a short and nice cooldown and you could specialize into that skill making guns still useful, but not your primary way of dealing damage.
In comparison the Templar I played had a extremely fun ultimate, but once it ended I had to wait for the slooooow meter to recharge shooting with a generic assault rifle for what felt a ridiculously long time. That's no fun at all.

You'd love Destiny 1

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lamquin posted:

Gear lowers cooldowns

there's basically no gear poo poo in the beta. Like there is but you're so limited and nothing does anything.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zaphod42 posted:

Hand Cannons are so ridiculously good with a mouse.

Game runs great on PC for the most part, had one crash but otherwise smooth. Good frame rate, manual FOV setting, separate sensitivity settings for normal and ADS, very nice to see.

Guess I'm gonna get this after all. At least I have a bit before the PC release. gently caress consoles if PC is an option.

I wonder how many Destiny fans are gonna get it on console and then again on pc?

I considered that for a bit but after playing the pc beta, no way. I'm kinda glad i didn't bother with the ps4 beta at all because doing the (admittedly very limited) beta content for the first time on pc was very fun. got a golden gun triple kill in my first crucible match, without even plugging in my controller!

it's not even just the way way way better graphics, the game loads everything so fast and all the menus/inventories/etc are insanely snappy. if you've played destiny 1 you know the menu jank I'm talking about. gently caress that poo poo forever.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
my only complaint is that we still have to hold down a key to return to orbit

please bungie let pc players click a button or something

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zo posted:

I considered that for a bit but after playing the pc beta, no way. I'm kinda glad i didn't bother with the ps4 beta at all because doing the (admittedly very limited) beta content for the first time on pc was very fun. got a golden gun triple kill in my first crucible match, without even plugging in my controller!

it's not even just the way way way better graphics, the game loads everything so fast and all the menus/inventories/etc are insanely snappy. if you've played destiny 1 you know the menu jank I'm talking about. gently caress that poo poo forever.

Yeah the UI feels like it was always designed for a mouse. That cursor interface was kinda laggy on a controller thumbstick but on a mouse hooo boy its slick.

Its cool they have keyboard chat in Destiny now but you press enter to send a message and then you have to press enter AGAIN to close the chat window and go back to playing. That's dumb. No game does that.

"Oh man this boss is cool" Enter. Enter.

"Hey check out this new gun" Enter. Enter.

Comeon Bungie.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Hello, I have never played a Destiny

The little Ghost fucker and :smuggo: mask man are seriously annoying and really distracting. Why is bad voice acting and Reddit humor in a AAA space mans future guns game. I went to look for a voice slider half way through the co-op mission and there was none to be found. Major deal breaker

I find the game modestly entertaining and will maybe buy it on sale. OK, have fun!

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

So is Battle.net straight up broken? Because it's been like 3 hours and it's barely made a dent in this download.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

AF posted:

Hello, I have never played a Destiny

The little Ghost fucker and :smuggo: mask man are seriously annoying and really distracting. Why is bad voice acting and Reddit humor in a AAA space mans future guns game. I went to look for a voice slider half way through the co-op mission and there was none to be found. Major deal breaker

I find the game modestly entertaining and will maybe buy it on sale. OK, have fun!

If its anything like Destiny 1 then after a few story missions all the NPCs will basically disappear from the game entirely. They only have limited dialogue on a few missions and then turn into vendors who never do anything or say anything.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AF posted:

This is probably the main thing that will kill the game for me. What I definitely want out of my space opera shoot-mans is a constant stream of sub-Whedon "jokes" and one-liners.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So is Battle.net straight up broken? Because it's been like 3 hours and it's barely made a dent in this download.

my friend's roommate was having this problem, her download was in the kilobytes/second. no idea why.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my friend's roommate was having this problem, her download was in the kilobytes/second. no idea why.

Yeah my download speed dropped into the kilobytes about halfwat through downloading the beta, but it did rebound after a few minutes.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There's probably an issue with one of their regional CDN servers. I'm on the west coast and it took about 15 minutes to download at about 2:00pm PST

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
So what's missing from the demo mechanics-wise? I was a little underwhelmed, thought there would be more abilities and movement. I like the secondary/tertiary guns for the hunter (the revolver and sniper), but the primary felt really plinky and lame on all 3. The boss was ok, but was basically a statue with too much health, and I didn't like using any of the ultimates. In the full game are there more abilities? How dependent are the guns on your class? Can you choose other ultimates that aren't pure melee? IS there a primary gun that rewards good aim?

I'll try the pvp next but I'm already pretty full up with csgo/pubg/overwatch for that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Whedon-esque jokes were actually added cause of players. :3: They thought it was too serious for it's own good.

But they should bring back Dinklebot - THE BEST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlOYatDYC40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeyeQnKTFUU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dinklebot was better.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Zaphod42 posted:

If its anything like Destiny 1 then after a few story missions all the NPCs will basically disappear from the game entirely. They only have limited dialogue on a few missions and then turn into vendors who never do anything or say anything.

indeed... if it is anything like destiny 1....

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yes! It's in the OP :)

Speaking of, I asked earlier but got no response; can I bring a non-goon friend into the clan? Or are there limited slots for users and we don't want to bog it up with randos?

Orv posted:

Dinklebot was better.

I really want them to add a customization slot to our ghosts that let us replace the non-story dialogue with alternate voice packs.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of, I asked earlier but got no response; can I bring a non-goon friend into the clan? Or are there limited slots for users and we don't want to bog it up with randos?

I really want them to add a customization slot to our ghosts that let us replace the non-story dialogue with alternate voice packs.

Leverage that Blizzard connection and have some of the Overwatch VAs provide alternate voice packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ron Perlghost.

• Locked thread