Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
this goal made me think he had real talent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJtjhOC9rsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i loving hate this team

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
sometimes you have to take a step back and watch the world burn

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The highlight of Ox's career to date is being a better wing back than Hector Bellerin for like six months.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
mirror says gibbs is complete

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-gibbs-west-brom-11078787

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

yah right winger is the only really promising position i see him in, and the fact that walcott is still the better option there says it all

Ironically I think he's probably best at rwb, just not when he's desperate to leave because he's being played at rwb.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

blue footed boobie posted:

Ironically I think he's probably best at rwb, just not when he's desperate to leave because he's being played at rwb.

hell never defend enough for that be to viable

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The fact that he wants to play at CM is mystifying. Of all the positions he can realistically play, it's probably where he is at his worst.

English players are obsessed with playing CM for some reason, maybe because they are tactically stupid and have been told since they were 5 years old that they're Roy of the Rovers

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Would Liverpool really give Ox a chance at CM?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

English players are obsessed with playing CM for some reason, maybe because they are tactically stupid and have been told since they were 5 years old that they're Roy of the Rovers

Steven Gerrard Syndrome :smith:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
^^^

vyelkin posted:

Stevie G Syndrome

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable posted:

The best thing in the world would be if he went to Liverpool and they played him at RWB.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

We could use cover at RWB with Clyne and TAA both injured

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

The best thing in the world would be if he went to Liverpool and they played him at RWB.

I mean his career is probably going to be him bouncing around to places where he thinks he'll play centrally, being pushed out right, leaving, and repeating the cycle.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I mean his career is probably going to be him bouncing around to places where he thinks he'll play centrally, being pushed out right, leaving, and repeating the cycle.

A poor man's James Milner

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

He should be in the all downs team along with rooney and charlie adam

But Rooney and Charlie Adam are better players.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

ozmunkeh posted:

I really don't want Klopp to buy AOC.

Agreed. Please go to Chelsea Ox

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

Steven Gerrard Syndrome :smith:

Imagine being the England selectors and thinking gently caress this Scholes guy, lets play lampard and stevie g as a midfield

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Byolante posted:

Imagine being the England selectors and thinking gently caress this Scholes guy, lets play lampard and stevie g as a midfield

they called him, but he was too scared to answer

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks Ox!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

they called him, but he was too scared to answer

they called scholes but xavi answered the phone

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, we would. Because we play with full backs who can't defend it's important that the flanking CMs can drop back and fill in. Milner does it on the left, Can does it on the right, Wijnaldum kind of does it but not really... So he wouldn't quite be playing at RWB.

He could also fill in further upfield if Salah or Mané need a rest. There's a squad position for him, but he wouldn't be starting.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Forty million for a squad player?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Sad King Billy posted:

Forty million for a squad player?

In today's market? A bargain!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

azathosk posted:

In today's market? A bargain!

Only £4,988,000 more than one Andrew “Andy” Carroll

makes u think

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Remember when Andrew "Andy" Cole went for £6mil?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Fulham have bid £15m for gayle. Newcastle want £20m but will probably accept that if we can get someone in

Drinkwater has handed in a transfer request

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
The only thing missing from this transfer window is an £X million + 1 bid. Make it happen Arsene.

Jose posted:

Drinkwater has handed in a transfer request

Off to Chelsea?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't want us to sign Ox at all. He's not getting into our starting eleven yet would cost close to forty million and be on wages of 150k plus. gently caress that, he's not even that good.

Also loving stoked with the Keita signing. He looks like a pretty special talent. Also will be fine with Phil going if it means Lemar and VvD.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can see ox improving under Klopp, and I think that he could sub into either wing position or Lallana's midfield position, which is useful.

It is a lot of money for a backup, but I think everyone forgets that he can be a good player in the right circumstances. Not a great one, but a useful one.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
One more day and this dumb poo poo will finally be over

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Why would you buy a player that your team made look like a loving league 3 defender at the weekend?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

One more day and this dumb poo poo will finally be over

Who that in your avatar and why does she want to talk about feelings?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

Why would you buy a player that your team made look like a loving league 3 defender at the weekend?
Well, for one he wouldn't be bought as a defender.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah, we would. Because we play with full backs who can't defend it's important that the flanking CMs can drop back and fill in. Milner does it on the left, Can does it on the right, Wijnaldum kind of does it but not really... So he wouldn't quite be playing at RWB.

He could also fill in further upfield if Salah or Mané need a rest. There's a squad position for him, but he wouldn't be starting.

He doesn't drop back and can't defend though.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/902845012257501186

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

That's a steal for a pretty solid LB.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't understand why Arsenal are responding to last season by selling all their players without buying any new ones to replace them

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

peanut- posted:

I don't understand why Arsenal are responding to last season by selling all their players without buying any new ones to replace them

freeing up salary funds to make some epic signings in the next ~day~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The red tops are saying Liverpool have sent a team to Clairefontaine to do a medical on Lemar.

Not the most trustworthy source, but I want to believe it, so I will :downs:

• Locked thread