Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Stanley Pain posted:

RN BB's are OUT :woop: :woop:

Got enough Free XP left over from getting the Nelson to get the Conqueror. :getin:

Umm... no they aren't. Why did you have to get me all hot and bothered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Umm... no they aren't. Why did you have to get me all hot and bothered?

You have no idea how disappointed I am in my lack of reading comprehension right now :saddowns:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I just lost a match in a New Mexico 1000-20

loving 20.

I hate this loving game.

I've got to elaborate on this more because god drat. It's at the end, I'm the only one alive besides an AFK DD. There's a New Orleans shooting me and I had him whittled down to about 2k HP. I knew I was dead already so I turned broadside to him and put a full volley on him, then proceed to watch in horror as all but one shell miss him on three sides, fore, aft and over from 7 loving kilometers. He pops off one 3500 HP volley of HE on me and that was that. I have no words.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 30, 2017

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Guys, without IHFE I've been averaging 10 fires and roughly 30k more damage in my Kutuzov. I must do the standard Kutusov wrong somehow.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

How do you play the Z23 and also the shoot off russian DD line

the Maas was great, but the Z23 just seems to be torpedo prone and the OG seems to be medicore at everything

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Stevefin posted:

How do you play the Z23 and also the shoot off russian DD line

the Maas was great, but the Z23 just seems to be torpedo prone and the OG seems to be medicore at everything

quote:

but the Z23 just seems to be torpedo prone
...I err... uhh...

Push your Hydro button? If you get hit by torpedoes in a german DD with your Hydro not on cooldown, you need to work on your situational awareness.

German DDs are hybrid torp boats and gunboats... they require knowledge of the playstyles of US and IJN DDs to truly shine. They're also very positionally oriented, much more than other boats, as their torp range is lower than the IJN, and their brawling power comes from Hydro, which has a short range. Experienced players can do extremely well in German DDs...

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 30, 2017

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

What I meant by that is the Z23 just seems to not be able to avoid torps even with hydro up compared to the maas, it seems to be fatter and slower to turn

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Tonight's your last chance to waste your money on a K Albert. Make the right choice.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Some games you just cannot win.

This was on Haven, and I capped a point before going on my killing spree. Killed their Murmansk, Indianapolis, New Mexico and Ryujo, all on my side of the map, for 128k damage. I only had two cruisers in support, and both died quickly, while every other member of the team went to the opposite side of the map - this includes where our CV concentrated. All the fuckers had to do was display even mediocrity, not even competence, and I could have won them the goddamn game. But no, even that was too much to ask for.

Note, a Cleveland and, eventually, their Farragut were also on my side of the map, so basically 9 ships managed to lose to 5.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 30, 2017

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Tonight's your last chance to waste your money on a K Albert. Make the right choice.

The right choice is not buying it, by the way.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its been a while since I played... Have they fixed the Emden's guns to where every shot out further than 2k isn't plunging fire from the stratosphere?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

R-Type posted:

Its been a while since I played... Have they fixed the Emden's guns to where every shot out further than 2k isn't plunging fire from the stratosphere?

Assuming they're the same as the Dresden guns, no, but it's kind of funny sitting behind an island and holding left click on battleships that can't see you. And those guns can shoot over anything.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

In my entirely worthless opinion the German cruiser line is easily the worst in the game in those early tiers (I-IV). And I think they actually buffed the Kolberg and Karlruhe already. But the Konigsberg is pretty awesome, and it has received some solid buffs too

Not going to buy the Konig Albert, but that new Italian BB looks promising...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Andrea Doria or Roma?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Lakedaimon posted:

In my entirely worthless opinion the German cruiser line is easily the worst in the game in those early tiers (I-IV). And I think they actually buffed the Kolberg and Karlruhe already. But the Konigsberg is pretty awesome, and it has received some solid buffs too

Not going to buy the Konig Albert, but that new Italian BB looks promising...

I'm not sure about tier 4, and the Kolberg is abysmal, but I think the Chester is worse than the Dresden and at least that's something?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Heartcatch posted:

Andrea Doria or Roma?

Looks like the Doria.

For reference to the thread, we're talking about this'n:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Actually it's neither, it's a modernised Conte di Cavour

e: Position of the AA guns on the turret makes me think it's specifically going to be Guilio Cesare

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 30, 2017

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
You didn't see this?
It's T5 Giulio Cesare
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...bc0&oe=5A21E762

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No I didn't, screenshot was the first I'd heard of it.

Snap, though :v:

e: The masts and the secondary layout are what gave it away to me, Andrea Doria is very similar, but has a short mast at the back, and a denser set of secondary/AA batteries either side of the stacks and superstructure, like so:

The Andrea Doria class was an improved Conte di Cavour class, and they were both modernised at the same time, in the same program, hence the huge similarities.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Aug 30, 2017

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, I ran smoke on the Trashkent for a very long time just for that reason, but that heal, even though it doesn't do much, allowed me to chase, at times, multiple destroyers off of cap and live to tell about it.

So I did the selfish thing and dropped the smoke. :shrug:

You really aren't selling me on the Khaboravosk, but I'm suddenly remembering how terribly painful my un-upgraded 6km torpedo Udaloi was...

I'm about 60k xp from unlocking the Gearing. Maybe I should just hold off and buy it... but that 20 million credits in my pocket is awfully hot.

The Khaba is the most selfish DD for sure. Actually just watch Flamu's video on the best T10 DDs, it sums them up perfectly as you would expect. I think without actually saying it he rates the order from best to worse like this:

Khaba > Z-52 > Gearing > Grozovoi > Shima

The Gearing and Groz are by far the most team friendly, the Z-52 is the best capper which by extension makes it team friendly too. But the Khaba is a complete monster once you accept you are a selfish gently caress who only cares about farming damage and hates/ignores your team. Every so often I forget that when playing mine and have a poo poo game but I would say I have a 50% rate of getting Witherer and/or Arsonist in it when I'm not being stupid.

I actually just bought the Gearing last week even though I had it unlocked for at least a year (I had 30m creds burning a hole in my pocket). I just cannot get it to work yet even though I loved the Fletcher and kept it. On the other hand, I really like the Shima from my limited games so far.

I'm also one or two battles away from unlocking the Charles Martel which was going to be the last ship of any line I wanted to research but now the RN BBs are coming out tomorrow and I want to at least get to the T9...the addiction continues...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

First time seeing it, thanks! That there would be an Italian battleship was leaked sometime earlier this year alongside Graf Zeppelin and Alabama before their respective releases in a singular article, but it was initially marked as Roma.

Save Shimakaze, Wargaming.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ There was some gamescon news saying Roma is in the works too.

ZombieLenin posted:

Could someone explain to me the point of the IJN destroyer branch that ends in Akizuki? I mean what is the point of a more gunboat like branch of the IJN destroyers that terminates at tier 8?

The strangest thing is the line is loving stupid. Like, they are not gunboats until the T8, and some of them have worse guns and better torps than the torp bote line :confused:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm entirely anti nationalistic so I don't really care about the Italian navy being good or bad, but there are a few ships that I'd love to play, like those ultra fast cruiser/destroyers or the proposed cruiser killer battlecruiser with huge speed, shitload of guns and the same armor of a lawnmower.

Other than that, I'd LOVE to have the French Alsace in the game. 8 15" guns in the front? A super Dunkerke? :awesome:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Roma will probably end up a tier 8 premium, or maybe 7 since they want to put everything there lately, when they actually get closer to an Italian line, Cesare is just the early interest teaser at friendly tier 5.

Cippalippus posted:

Other than that, I'd LOVE to have the French Alsace in the game. 8 15" guns in the front? A super Dunkerke? :awesome:

And then combine the two larger design proposals for a Super Alsace at tier 10, 8 16" guns in the front (plus 4 in the back), Mega Dunkerque :gizz:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

kaesarsosei posted:

I'm also one or two battles away from unlocking the Charles Martel which was going to be the last ship of any line I wanted to research but now the RN BBs are coming out tomorrow and I want to at least get to the T9...the addiction continues...

You're lucky you can turn it off like that. For example, I had zero desire to play any of the IJN line and was able to just not play them until perhaps 5 months ago.

Now I have a Mogami, Nagato, Fubuki, Ryujo, and a handful of IJN premiums.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Roma will probably end up a tier 8 premium, or maybe 7 since they want to put everything there lately, when they actually get closer to an Italian line, Cesare is just the early interest teaser at friendly tier 5.

And then combine the two larger design proposals for a Super Alsace at tier 10, 8 16" guns in the front (plus 4 in the back), Mega Dunkerque :gizz:

It would be rather easy to make a French tree.
Tier 7=upgunned Dunkerke?
Tier 8= Alsace
Tier 9= Alsace with 3x3 16"
Tier 10= Alsace with 4x3 16"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cippalippus posted:

It would be rather easy to make a French tree.
Tier 7=upgunned Dunkerke?
Tier 8= Alsace
Tier 9= Alsace with 3x3 16"
Tier 10= Alsace with 4x3 16"

Tier 7 could be the 1928 Battlecruiser 37,000t Type A (3x quad 305mm) or Tybe B (3x twin 16")

*The 26,500t type is what became Dunkerque

Tier 8 could just be Richlieu
Tier 9 Alsace No 2 (3x triple 16")
Tier 10 Alsace No 3 (3x quad turrets) but using the 16" guns from No 2

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
I too eagerly await the French Battleships. The Italian Battleships should be interesting because they were relatively well designed ships, but unfortunately for the Italians, poorly commanded and crewed.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ZombieLenin posted:

I too eagerly await the French Battleships. The Italian Battleships should be interesting because they were relatively well designed ships, but unfortunately for the Italians, poorly commanded and crewed.

The Regia Marina: Not much oil, plenty of wine.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Gearhead posted:

The Regia Marina: Not much oil, plenty of wine.

I don't want to be totally unfair to the Regis Marina, their performance during the Second World War was exponentially better than that of the Regio Esercito Italiano. :italy:

Edit

At a training for work in Chicago and can't check until I get back to my hotel, but did the RN Battleships actually release with the patch?

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 30, 2017

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

I don't want to be totally unfair to the Regis Marina, their performance during the Second World War was exponentially better than that of the Regio Esercito Italiano. :italy:

Edit

At a training for work in Chicago and can't check until I get back to my hotel, but did the RN Battleships actually release with the patch?

Yeah. There are like 90 battleships in the tier 3 queue atm. A good time to K Albert.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Tier 7 could be the 1928 Battlecruiser 37,000t Type A (3x quad 305mm) or Tybe B (3x twin 16")

*The 26,500t type is what became Dunkerque

Tier 8 could just be Richlieu
Tier 9 Alsace No 2 (3x triple 16")
Tier 10 Alsace No 3 (3x quad turrets) but using the 16" guns from No 2

Oh yeah, I meant Richelieu, not Alsace at tier 8.

Anyway, if they put the modernized Doria at T5, the planned Caracciolo class should be a rather decent T6 (quite fast and with the same armor of a toaster), then something at T7, then Roma/Littorio T8. I should investigate if Italy ever planned larger ships - engineers probably did, for the same reasons of their German colleagues: to avoid Frontline duties.

Cippalippus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 30, 2017

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ZombieLenin posted:

True.

But Eurobeat's inevitable video covering the Pola, when she comes out, is going to be memetastic.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Wait, tier 5? For a 1943 refit?

That seems oddly low. Maybe it's just because of the low gun caliber.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Yeah. There are like 90 battleships in the tier 3 queue atm. A good time to K Albert.

Sounds like a good time to bring out the IJN DD's, which i think i'll be doing tonight.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Redeye Flight posted:

Wait, tier 5? For a 1943 refit?

That seems oddly low. Maybe it's just because of the low gun caliber.

The rebuild was in the mid 1930s, not much different from Kongo, Fuso, and Nagato, the only difference 1943 makes is to her AA armament, where like basically everyone else they pulled off all the machine guns and replaced them with 20mm cannons, and reinforced the mid sized batteries, in this case 37mm.

Also it's not a modernised Doria, it's a modernised Conte di Cavour, the previous class.

I suspect that the tree Conte di Cavour won't get the modernised hull, and will be the tier 4, similar relationnship to what they're doing with Gangut vs Oktyabrskaya Revolyutsiya for the Russians, while the tree Andrea Doria at tier 5 will get the 1930s refit hull.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 30, 2017

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Chuckle posted:

Sounds like a good time to bring out the IJN DD's, which i think i'll be doing tonight.

Konig Albert & Kamikaze/Fujin are the low-tier weapons of choice for the keen BB sealclubber. Izuchuchi another left-field pick due to its incredibly annoying HE spam.

Pre-nerf Zuiho with manual torp drops would have been complete loving carnage too.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

kaesarsosei posted:

Konig Albert & Kamikaze/Fujin are the low-tier weapons of choice for the keen BB sealclubber. Izuchuchi another left-field pick due to its incredibly annoying HE spam.

Pre-nerf Zuiho with manual torp drops would have been complete loving carnage too.

Owning both this is intriguing; however, like pubbies I am easily distracted by flashy new ships I could play.

I'm also back up to 150k free XP after buying the Nelson. I'm tempted to blow it again, but I probably won't. Speaking of which, I regret buying a Nelson. It's a great ship, but after buying the Khab I'm poor again, and am again pining for a Missouri.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 30, 2017

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Doesn't it earn good money? I thought it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Cippalippus posted:

Doesn't it earn good money? I thought it did.

The Nelson? It earns about the same amount of money the Scharnhorst earns. So your talking somewhere between 130,000 to 300,000 (a really good game).

Let's put it this way, it earns what a normal Tier 7 premium earns, which is less than a Tier 8 premium, and way less than the Missouri's 1 million credits per match average.I am actually curious what the average income is on the Black; however, this is a ship that I will never own, because ranked ends up being pure torture to me.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 30, 2017