Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Euron is so, so terrible.

The character, the actor, the costuming... all horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

JaySB posted:

So the dead formed the Stark Sigil walking passed the wall giving more people who think Bran is the Night King evidence to believe in. Great.

It's obviously a curled-up dachshund

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

"We had an actor named Alfie Allen," said Benioff and Weiss. "One day last summer he walked into our office stoned and said, 'You know that kid whose dad hates him? The one who gets his pecker chopped off?' 'Yeah?' 'Well,' said Alfie, doesn't it make sense if that pecker stays in the show and becomes Theon's uncle Euron Greyjoy? Where else is he going to go?' 'You're right,' we said. 'That does make sense.' 'And what if my pecker can swashbuckle?' This year, Alfie Allen is collecting two checks from the show."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

yeah it's cosmically bad.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I know Euron is bad but I can't help but like him. He was so happy in episode two when he raided Dany's navy, and the "Let's go murder my nephew and niece!" line in season six is kind of hilarious. He feels like he's from a different show, but I'd probably watch that different show for the same love-of-schlock reasons I watched True Blood. It was also kind of hilarious that all the other nobles didn't give a poo poo about his little taunt display to Theon, and told him to shut up.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 30, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Professor Shark posted:

:same: seriously, after nailing the casting and tone for so long, that fucker belongs in an early 2000's screamo band. He literally has black eyeliner on for fucks sake.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Euron is the only character who has fun in a show of miserable, brooding idiots.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's like he showed up for The Walking Dead and took a wrong turn and ended up on the Game of Thrones set and everyone just went with it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shoulda been mcshane.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RecoomesSexyRear posted:

I don't remember who said it, but Rhaegar is obsessed with prophecy and needed to have a third child and couldn't with Elia. Also he is described as a harp playing Chad with a heart of gold that hypnotized women.

Barristan said most of that. But that has barely anything to do with what I said.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bottom Liner posted:

:same: seriously, after nailing the casting and tone for so long, that fucker belongs in an early 2000's screamo band. He literally has black eyeliner on for fucks sake.

Vikings loved makeup fwiw

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Maybe the Greyjoys just have a pathologically-low threshold for what they consider inspiring leadership.

Like signing up for a suicide mission following someone after watching him get his rear end kicked for 3 minutes, knock over the other guy, and then collapse on top of him.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Groovelord Neato posted:

shoulda been mcshane.

This but Madds Mikkelsen, and they shoulda kept in all the mystical bullshit from the books.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This whole season was a big fat mess, no interesting conflicts left or relationships left to develop.

Also giving the two more groan worthy characters even more screentime.

Also not enough tits.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Professor Shark posted:

It's like he showed up for The Walking Dead and took a wrong turn and ended up on the Game of Thrones set and everyone just went with it

They're basically the same show at this point, so... yeah?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Varam posted:

They're basically the same show at this point, so... yeah?

Game of Thrones is racing to its conclusion at the expense of good writing, which isn't something you can really say about The Walking Dead.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

There is nothing good about TWD and it's been poo poo since day 1

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

There is nothing good about TWD and it's been poo poo since day 1

It's also strangely popular in Pro-Trump areas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Little Kielbasa posted:

This but Madds Mikkelsen, and they shoulda kept in all the mystical bullshit from the books.

mcshane was actually on the show tho.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

I know Euron is bad but I can't help but like him. He was so happy in episode two when he raided Dany's navy, and the "Let's go murder my nephew and niece!" line in season seven is kind of hilarious. He feels like he's from a different show, but I'd probably watch that different show for the same love-of-schlock reasons I watched True Blood. It was also kind of hilarious that all the other nobles didn't give a poo poo about his little taunt display to Theon, and told him to shut up.

He's like from another universe especially his carefree attitude

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I've been following this series since the third book came out. I'm just closure is coming.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Why are you guys talking about Euron like he's a new thing?

He's Ramsay with a teleporting boat instead of Twenty Good Men.

I'm sure if we had 3 more episodes, half of them would have been him feeding Yara her toenails and letting her fake-escape.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Avasculous posted:

Maybe the Greyjoys just have a pathologically-low threshold for what they consider inspiring leadership.

Like signing up for a suicide mission following someone after watching him get his rear end kicked for 3 minutes, knock over the other guy, and then collapse on top of him.

Ironborn only give a poo poo about "strength" so beating their captain counts for basically everything to them. Add in the fact they're all functional traitors with no chance of living if Euron catches them, might as well try and earn some honor on the way out. Their entire life became a suicide mission once their fleet was smashed. This is a group of people that will only follow a king if they can be revived from drowning, they will literally kill competent leadership for a show of "strength".

It would have been better if Theon had just manned up without having to get beaten himself maybe, but I think it is consistent with what we've seen from them. The no dick gag also lasted like 2 or 3 kicks too long, ain't gonna figure it out after the first 1 or 2 huh?

This is basically everything we were promised so rushed or not I dunno what to say to whoever thought we weren't gonna get magical ice dragons, targy incest, and side villains being offed as the show draws to a close.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 30, 2017

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bottom Liner posted:

So did Oberyn but he owned

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah but that's like comparing Billie Joe Armstrong to Ozzy Osbourne.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I know it's an old joke that the books aren't coming out, but I'm fairly confident that Winds will be out eventually and I'm really looking forward to it.

Dream, however, I'm much less certain about. Maybe watching the final season will stir something in GRRM and motivate him... but maybe it will just be a heart attack and we'll only have the show :shrug:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

It's better to assume they are never coming out and then being pleasantly surprised if he actually releases winds. Dream is never coming out though. Honestly can he even finish it in 2? He's on record saying Tyrion isn't gonna meet Danny until halfway thru winds anyway. From what we've seen so far from the show is it possible for him to move the plot along quickly enough for only 1 and a half books before she even leaves Essos? Hope is a lie, shits never going to be finished.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
haha drat this is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7reNuwFrU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this was probably asked but why did the mountain let jaime go?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He read the script

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Abel Wingnut posted:

this was probably asked but why did the mountain let jaime go?

Because Cersei was bluffing. Killing the only person she loves is the last thing she wants to do after losing the whole rest of her family.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

Because Cersei was bluffing. Killing the only person she loves is the last thing she wants to do after losing the whole rest of her family.

Even so, the way it was written/filmed/shot made it super weird. How did the Mountain know she was bluffing?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

precision posted:

Even so, the way it was written/filmed/shot made it super weird. How did the Mountain know she was bluffing?

he read one of the critically necessary but still deleted scene this season's missed 3 episodes worth of

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

precision posted:

if you pause it and zoom in real close you can see his eyes change

cersei warged into him :spergin:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

precision posted:

he has Tywin's head

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that makes sense but i didn't detect/feel/sense that at all

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Away all Goats posted:

But there exists such a thing as a jail cell. How can she let him go to the enemy after she just told him all of her plans?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

precision posted:

he's psychically linked to her

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Did anyone on the show ever ask what happened to the kingsguard arya killed in bravos? Like he just doesnt come back and noone cared?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

some guy on the bus posted:

But there exists such a thing as a jail cell. How can she let him go to the enemy after she just told him all of her plans?

I think Dany/Jon will catch on to her plans when nobody shows up

• Locked thread