Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive got a severe case of the alts as well and next league I think Im just committing to SSF to actually use all the gear I impulsively pick up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Earlier today hmm wonder if dark pact would work in cast on crit. Later today, let's see what the streamers are playing. Oh hi Mathil, what's CoC DP? Ohhhh.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh hi Mathil, what's CoC DP?
nice

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

whether I use Lightning Shot or Tornado Shot (or something else??) for AoE? Some conditions where one is better or worse?

Lightning Arrow has horrible single target, I would just use TS on everything

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've made something like 5 or 6 characters this league to varying degrees of success or interest. My Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond Chieftan is my "main" so to speak since I still map on him with my boyfriend though. But yeah I feel the alt fever way too much.

Builds I've Done So Far:

SRS/Zombie Necromancer - First Character through new content, horribly botched
Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond Chieftan - My main right now
Charged Dash Trickster - Gave up by Act 4, I wasn't feeling CD as much as anticipated
Whispering Ice Trap Saboteur - Gave up by Act 5, I really don't like traps
Quillrain Poison Barrage Raider - She's sitting at Act 5, is really good and hilarious but not super active playstyle
Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist - Sitting in Act 9, doing well so far though has moments of spontaneous combustion

Builds I've Been Thinking About:

Cast on Crit Trypanon Something - I haven't been able to get something viable put together but I love the concept of that stupid hammer
Stormburst Inquisitor - Because I wanna be a Magical Touhou Girl
Whispering Ice Templar - Either Quad Totems or CwC Scorching Ray, either way I wanna put this staff to good use somewhere since the traps fell through

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Cast on Crit Trypanon Something - I haven't been able to get something viable put together but I love the concept of that stupid hammer

I did CoC shock/Ice novas as a Juggernaut with cyclone back in HC perandus. Never got that character to maps before I burned out on the league but it seemed ok. Had fire damage on hit so I was always procing EE, and took elemental overload as well. You need a crap ton of attack and movespeed as trypnanon is so drat slow.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

Earlier today hmm wonder if dark pact would work in cast on crit. Later today, let's see what the streamers are playing. Oh hi Mathil, what's CoC DP? Ohhhh.

man, I made a joke about someone doing a CoC dp cyclone in the guild chat weeks ago

y'all stealing my bad ideas

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

So uh, I've kind fo run into a theory problem with my current Dark Pact setup

Originally I planned on running Pledge of Hands for the option to 7 link dark pact, but I switched over to two Apep wands. The damage increase was significant, but the only way I could get it to work was to use a Tabula Rasa (couldn't get my Carcass Jack or My Cherrub's to 6 socket or 6 link).

I know I'm supposed to migrate towards Kaom's Heart, but how the gently caress am I supposed to keep my links for Dark Pact with two wands and no chest links?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's hard to overstate how good Mistress of Sacrifice is. At high levels clearing efficiently is all about going fast, and permanent Flesh Offering is just incredible. It makes Shield Charging around incredibly fast and smooth. If you haven't tried it, try it. You can always respec out of it (5 respec points per ascendancy node).

Spirit Eater is Very Good, but usually has to get kicked to the curb in a spectre build because Soul Weaver takes up so many points.

Also, you should be currency positive by the time you hit Tier 6 maps. Probably before then. Make sure you're, at a minimum, transmuting/augmenting/alting them until you get packsize above 10. Don't waste chisels or alchs on maps until you're at least in at T10-12, they're not worth it.

Alright on MoS vs. Spirit Eater. I still haven't beaten uber lab. Because I'm bad and keep ripping to traps.

It might be because I'm still using Alchs and Vaals like crazy to fill out my atlas, but when I'm not doing that, I'm generally doing the magic method, no chisels. I'm just generally only getting alts and transmutes, along with only occasional maps. Things feel better in the T12+ range, but I'm kinda rippy (because I'm bad, I think my build/character is in pretty good shape) so I haven't gotten past level 86.

Which T6 should I use my Shaper's Orb on? I know the meta has shifted away from Strand, but to what, and what are the pros/cons?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

racecourse, run in 2 circles and you're done.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tulip posted:

Alright on MoS vs. Spirit Eater. I still haven't beaten uber lab. Because I'm bad and keep ripping to traps.

It might be because I'm still using Alchs and Vaals like crazy to fill out my atlas, but when I'm not doing that, I'm generally doing the magic method, no chisels. I'm just generally only getting alts and transmutes, along with only occasional maps. Things feel better in the T12+ range, but I'm kinda rippy (because I'm bad, I think my build/character is in pretty good shape) so I haven't gotten past level 86.

Which T6 should I use my Shaper's Orb on? I know the meta has shifted away from Strand, but to what, and what are the pros/cons?

racecourse has worked out pretty well for me, it has good pack density and a triple boss. a bit short though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So uh, I've kind fo run into a theory problem with my current Dark Pact setup

Originally I planned on running Pledge of Hands for the option to 7 link dark pact, but I switched over to two Apep wands. The damage increase was significant, but the only way I could get it to work was to use a Tabula Rasa (couldn't get my Carcass Jack or My Cherrub's to 6 socket or 6 link).

I know I'm supposed to migrate towards Kaom's Heart, but how the gently caress am I supposed to keep my links for Dark Pact with two wands and no chest links?

You don't use Kaoms heart if you're not using a staff.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tulip posted:

Racecourse is pretty commonly accepted as a good T6 to shape, 3 bosses and a linear layout if you run it right https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6u38sf/how_to_run_racecourse_without_backtracking_at_all/

Once you're into reds using alchs makes a lot more sense, at least to me. The returns get pretty good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

man, I made a joke about someone doing a CoC dp cyclone in the guild chat weeks ago

I'm not sure it's a bad idea, discharge coc has reflect issues, while dark pact would not.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Mr. Despair posted:

I guess Cyclone is the best option for Trypanon since it has an inherent attack speed bonus to counteract the slowness of the hammer.

Man that sounds great now I'm tempted to try it.

I need to stop making characters why do you people do this to me.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Kild posted:

You don't use Kaoms heart if you're not using a staff.

Oh thank god.

Sad part is my dps doubled since going to wands, but I feel like the survivability would be better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Lightning Arrow has horrible single target, I would just use TS on everything

Is single target not what Barrage is for? I thought the idea was to have at least 5L bow and chest, one for barrage and the other for (aoe of choice).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

Is single target not what Barrage is for? I thought the idea was to have at least 5L bow and chest, one for barrage and the other for (aoe of choice).

ok this is just my personal thing, but I prefer a 6L TS to a double 5L setup, I mean corrupted life chests are what 30c right now? and the dps should be the same too

I mean chaff isn't the problem in this patch imo, it's bosses

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ok this is just my personal thing, but I prefer a 6L TS to a double 5L setup, I mean corrupted life chests are what 30c right now? and the dps should be the same too

Fair enough, if TS is good enough at single target! Saves me a hotkey if I pursue this character.

Think I'll do the SR trickster though, those trickster DoT ascendancies sound nice.

i need help

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

So, that final Kitava fight is not fun at all and a completely different difficulty from anything else leading up to it. I ended up zerg rushing to the finish.

Boss design in this is such a mixed bag.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-8SnkZHvw

Wasn't aware of half these things until I watched this (great) video. The visual clutter is pretty crazy in this fight.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm lv48. I've used a couple engineer's orb's on strongboxes I've encountered, and the benefits seem poo poo. Usually it adds a +1% quality mod to it, and still drops poo poo.
Is this just bad luck for me so far, or are engineer's orbs not that hot?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Save them for strongboxes you plan to invest more orbs into. Like Diviner's, Armourer's if you are going to vaal, ... that's all I can think of. Maybe some unique strongboxes.

And yeah, quality is a pretty small adjustment overall.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

also don't use them on rare strongboxes, that's why you're only getting 1% quality at a time

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Mr. Despair posted:

also don't use them on rare strongboxes, that's why you're only getting 1% quality at a time

Whoops, yeah this would be the problem. Thanks.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Scour then eng then alt spam then regal

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

engineers orbs work like other +quality stuff: they'll give +5% to normal rarity, +2% to magic rarity and +1% to rare/unique strongboxes. As far as I know the only way to use them effectively is to use them on diviner's, high level cartographers and maybe arcanist's strongboxes.

If there are mods on the box scour it (unless the mods are already really good,) then use 4 engineers orbs, then orb of alchemy, then maybe chaos if it's a div or cartographer box and the first mod roll sucked

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Flavahbeast posted:

engineers orbs work like other +quality stuff: they'll give +5% to normal rarity, +2% to magic rarity and +1% to rare/unique strongboxes. As far as I know the only way to use them effectively is to use them on diviner's, high level cartographers and maybe arcanist's strongboxes.

If there are mods on the box scour it (unless the mods are already really good,) then use 4 engineers orbs, then orb of alchemy, then maybe chaos if it's a div or cartographer box and the first mod roll sucked

Transmute alt/aug regal instead; wtf​ are you gonna do with your 500 alts anyway

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

Transmute alt/aug regal instead; wtf​ are you gonna do with your 500 alts anyway

Roll jewels? trans/alt/aug regal won't get you diviners with 3 good mods.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Rolling life% on jewels is ridiculously hard.

Trade in alts to jeweller's orbs at 1.6:1 at Elreon. Trade in jeweller's orbs to orbs of fusing at 3.2:1 at Vorici.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

You're exactly right, bosses are the problem. Run a 6 link barrage in that corrupted life chest, and run LA in. 4L for aoe clear, and do a heck of a lot better than a 6L TS.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
There's a bunch of gloves that are effectively 5Ls now, put your pack clearing skill in those.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm mostly using fire spells but I've invested a little into raising zombies/skeletons. Is there a way to pass some of my increased fire damage onto my undead minions at all?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm mostly using fire spells but I've invested a little into raising zombies/skeletons. Is there a way to pass some of my increased fire damage onto my undead minions at all?

Anger aura will do just that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure I hit major pay dirt here:

Now to look up top tier crafting...

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ele wander questions:

1) Right now I've got piscator's and lycosidae as per that one guide that was floating around. When I make the switch to esh's mirror, do I need any accuracy on gear? What accuracy nodes on the tree should I have before switching?
2) Do I use the vorici trick to get a 5 offcolor queen of the forest or does everyone just use chroms to do it?
3) How do you go about figuring out your next upgrade in general once you're beyond the basics? Jam everything into pob and let it figure it out? I've got the flasks and tempest's binding (no enchant), now I'm sitting here wondering how the heck I should proceed. I still need a qotf 6linked and colored, still need esh's mirror, still need gripped hysteria gloves over thunderfists I guess? Jewelry is a dumpster fire - are there any crafting tricks to make serviceable jewelry or is it just a matter of buying it? Piscators could use an upgrade...eventually.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

J posted:

Ele wander questions:

1) Right now I've got piscator's and lycosidae as per that one guide that was floating around. When I make the switch to esh's mirror, do I need any accuracy on gear? What accuracy nodes on the tree should I have before switching?
2) Do I use the vorici trick to get a 5 offcolor queen of the forest or does everyone just use chroms to do it?
3) How do you go about figuring out your next upgrade in general once you're beyond the basics? Jam everything into pob and let it figure it out? I've got the flasks and tempest's binding (no enchant), now I'm sitting here wondering how the heck I should proceed. I still need a qotf 6linked and colored, still need esh's mirror, still need gripped hysteria gloves over thunderfists I guess? Jewelry is a dumpster fire - are there any crafting tricks to make serviceable jewelry or is it just a matter of buying it? Piscators could use an upgrade...eventually.

1. Piscator has enough accuracy that you don't need Lycosidae, as long as you have some amount on the tree.
2. Yes, Vorici Jeweller trick it.
3. Your #1 priority is getting a 6L. If you can only get 4 off that's fine, but not optimal.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Holyshoot posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075/page/1

The guide I'm using for qotf pathfinder wander. gotta go fast zoom zoom

this looks fun. ive never rolled a pathfinder or a wander or used qotf. i already have a vinktar and can afford a dying sun and a 5l qotf right off the bat so i think im gonna do it

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I've always been interested in Kinetic Blast since making lots of magical fireworks seems fun but the builds are always way too expensive and complicated and they scare me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

congrats on being the exception to the norm

*finds ex in a regular chest 50 rooms away after clicking them for 30+ hours"

"hehe looks like goons are wrong again, opening chests is worth it :smuggo:"
Tribal Chests in the Crossroads always drop chaos orbs, it's just a fact dude