Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Noiiccccccccce steven o'keeeeefy coming to a test match soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

EMC posted:

Noiiccccccccce steven o'keeeeefy coming to a test match soon

From memory he says "Noooooice Sokky"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

The smart money is always on Australian collapse.

Seems like it is going to be the case. drat fools.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is it... happening?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
windies win, hopefully bangladesh win

test cricket best cricket

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Australia is just trash in Asia. We are extra trash without any preparation. That 100 run stand by Smith and Warner is only the 4th time ever we have had a 100 run partnership in the 4th innings in Asia.

Wade has to go. He is just poo poo. He gave up 30 byes or something ridiculous like that and its going to be the difference between winning and losing.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Good loving effort Maxwell you plonker. Lasted one ball after lunch, well done.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

might as well start tonking away and pray

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I also contend that we haven't got that much worse in Asia (asian teams have also improved a lot) but we can no longer duck playing away as much as we used to

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I also contend that we haven't got that much worse in Asia (asian teams have also improved a lot) but we can no longer duck playing away as much as we used to

we haven't gotten that much worse, we've been shithouse for ages

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

we haven't gotten that much worse, we've been shithouse for ages

In the era before the greatest Australian cricket side ever we just never played in Asia. We went decades without winning a test series in India mostly because we barely ever toured there.

Australians just cant play spin. Racial trait -20 batting against spin bowling

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Australia is just trash in Asia. We are extra trash without any preparation. That 100 run stand by Smith and Warner is only the 4th time ever we have had a 100 run partnership in the 4th innings in Asia.

Wade has to go. He is just poo poo. He gave up 30 byes or something ridiculous like that and its going to be the difference between winning and losing.

If he even gave away half of that and Khawaja scored a measly 5 - 10 runs in each innings we would have won by now.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Cumon Cummins :pray:

Haze is gonna get run out going for a single again I bet.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Cummins still has a puncher's chance of getting them there.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ah bollocks

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

So we fell about 20 short

Closer than we deserved to get. Something has to be done about Wade he is a turd. I can deal with an obnoxious cricketer if they are good but he just sucks

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Ah drat, stupid Wade and all his byes

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nice.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
losing to Bangladesh lol

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I would like to thank Australia for taking the focus away from England.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, 2 bad and fraudulent teams playing for the ashes this year.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Losing at home is still worse than losing away, England are the worse team by far

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Is the Ashes now going to be West Indies v Bangladesh?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Is the Ashes now going to be West Indies v Bangladesh?

Possibly a more interesting match.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
England 13 man squad unchanged for the Lord's test.

Westley keeps his place.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His place in the squad at least.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
12 and 13 are Crane and TRJ so he'll play, but I think this is his last chance.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Crane at 3 might be an improvement tbh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Bit of commentary in Aus about how the Aussies should give their paycheques back etc etc but I reckon we mostly got outplayed. The Bangas are good at home and Shakib is absurdly good. It's certainly not as shameful as losing to the West Indies at home.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think people don't want to admit that Bangladesh have improved considerably since being granted test status via constant exposure to top level cricket. They were poo poo once, but have developed into a side that can beat anyone on their day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst what you say is true, there is also the other side that no-one in Australia wants to admit that the Australian Test team is not the world-beater it once was and has descended to the level of mediocrity

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also, Australians are particularly ashamed of being defeated by a poor country of small, dark-skinned men

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Real bad posts in this thread lately.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

Real bad posts in this thread lately.

Just getting the cobwebs out before the Ashes.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Bit of commentary in Aus about how the Aussies should give their paycheques back etc etc but I reckon we mostly got outplayed. The Bangas are good at home and Shakib is absurdly good. It's certainly not as shameful as losing to the West Indies at home.

I agree that they bowled pretty well but we let ourselves down in a few areas.

It was a tough pitch to bat on but Khwaja is just rubbish against spin. Basically a walking wicket and there has to be questions over Wades spot in the team. Outside of that the Bangas did outplay us and put in a pretty good performance. I didn't watch the entire test mind.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst what you say is true, there is also the other side that no-one in Australia wants to admit that the Australian Test team is not the world-beater it once was and has descended to the level of mediocrity

The Australian test team is the best in the world at playing in Australia, the only place that matters.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

I agree that they bowled pretty well but we let ourselves down in a few areas.

It was a tough pitch to bat on but Khwaja is just rubbish against spin. Basically a walking wicket and there has to be questions over Wades spot in the team. Outside of that the Bangas did outplay us and put in a pretty good performance. I didn't watch the entire test mind.

I watched most of it and agree with your points pretty strongly. Khawaja is a clear liability in Asia, both his outs were putrid. I almost feel for Wade, he just shouldn't be selected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Wade’s failures are my lifeblood. I feed off them.