Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shoeys, Verstappen being a good driver what other memes they are trying to do on formula one right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Shoeys are dead, long live the smiley guy with all the teeth.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Shoeys peaked with Patrick Stewart then completely died when Ricciardo was forced by uh I forgot who it was Coulthard or Brundle to do one.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wirth1000 posted:

Shoeys peaked with Patrick Stewart then completely died when Ricciardo was forced by uh I forgot who it was Coulthard or Brundle to do one.

Brundle, for charity.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
More like "free good PR for me"-Brundle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Martin Brundle is the worst person in all of racing.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Just remember that Brundle drank it in Austria, and a week later in Silverstone he was making GBS threads himself & puking in the Mercedes hospitality tent.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'll maintain that Murray/Brundle was great and maybe even better than Murray/Hunt, at least for the first few years before Murray started to get too old

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'll maintain that Murray/Brundle was great and maybe even better than Murray/Hunt, at least for the first few years before Murray started to get too old

What the gently caress dude

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yup. Brundle turned to poo poo when he suddenly decided that he needed to replace Murray. He's still good the odd occasion when he gets really passionate about some aspect of driving these cars, but in general he's poo poo as a main commentator and they never should've given him that role.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Someone needs to edit together Martin Brundle, Darrel Waltrip and Eddie Cheever doing a race commentary. What a special kind of hell that would be.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Boogity boogity boogity, let’s go be a senile moron in an unchanging monotone, boys!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

Someone needs to edit together Martin Brundle, Darrel Waltrip and Eddie Cheever doing a race commentary. What a special kind of hell that would be.

I should ban you for this. I really, really should (I'm not, but I should).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Basticle posted:

gently caress you

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Patrick Stewart's shooey could've been the perfect end to shooeys. Instead we've gotten into crappy sequel territory

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So apparently Manor didn't wipe their computers completely clean when they sold everything. As a result we got this footage of Haryanto hitting a crew member during a practice pitstop - https://vimeo.com/231569190

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh man the very tip of the front wing into his knee. Ouuuch.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Brundle is 100 times as good as any horrible yank commentary team, hth.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I never got to experience Murray/Hunt so Murray/Brundle is the best combo for me. A close second however is Brundle/Coulthard, they were brilliant together and I both despise Brundle for moving to sky and have huge respect for Coulthard for not going along too. Channel 4 commentary best commentary.

e: now I'm pining for that one perfect season we had, Brundle/Coulthard commentary, Real Jake, an Eddie Jordan they didn't entirely let off the leash to do poetry 24/7, a less-arrogant Ted in the pitlane and Lee McKenzie to charm the drivers into giving good interviews. What I'm saying is gently caress Sky forever.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 30, 2017

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khA67-r5lSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHS53krjxkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyPRnpqRRA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxYX2RZ4Ei8

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

I just found a 1994 Ford Motorsport leaflet that had a signature on the back. For a moment I got excited and thought it might be Verstappen Snr and i could do some sort of ritualistic destruction to entertain this thread. But alas it's JJ Lehto who I had forgotten even existed.

JJ Lehto. The guy who got piss drunk and killed his friend. A real PR coup signing him.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

Shoeys are good.

Just me?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

I never got to experience Murray/Hunt so Murray/Brundle is the best combo for me. A close second however is Brundle/Coulthard, they were brilliant together and I both despise Brundle for moving to sky and have huge respect for Coulthard for not going along too. Channel 4 commentary best commentary.

e: now I'm pining for that one perfect season we had, Brundle/Coulthard commentary, Real Jake, an Eddie Jordan they didn't entirely let off the leash to do poetry 24/7, a less-arrogant Ted in the pitlane and Lee McKenzie to charm the drivers into giving good interviews. What I'm saying is gently caress Sky forever.

Murray and Hunt were a straight up comedy act for all the wrong reasons as Hunt regularly attended the commentary either pissed or high with Murray trying to compensate in his own adrenalin fuelled state of excitement.

E: what I am trying to say is that they were brilliant.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This was also the days when they had to share a microphone so it got a touch chaotic often.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
BBC F1's very controversial opinion:
"Fernando Alonso has a problem."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41081431

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Theophany posted:

JJ Lehto. The guy who got piss drunk and killed his friend. A real PR coup signing him.

Now also known for loving up his back in a karting accident. http://www.is.fi/muutlajit/art-2000005277934.html (Warning: moon language, pictures available)

EDIT: And BTW, the verdict on that boat accident was overturned due to lack of hard evidence putting Lehto on the driver's seat. The coroner's report, doctor's report, crash scene investigation report and eyewittness testimonials on the drunkenness levels of Lehto and co. wasn't enough for manslaughter.

Except for the fact that according to the crash scene reconstruction and way the boat hit the bridge column you either A) drove the boat or B) died on the accident.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 30, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Autosport is saying that Mclaren is going to ditch Honda for Renault. That team is a mess but ill never forgive them for Spa '98.

Alonso is an excelent driver but he will never drive for a top team unless those idiots at Woking sort things out.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 30, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I love Nando but forcing the team to kill the works Honda deal for a customer Renault engine at this point is just about the most retarded thing you could do in the world. He needs to take a step back and calm the gently caress down.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Martin Brundle is the worst person in all of racing.

mrfart posted:

BBC F1's very controversial opinion:
"Fernando Alonso has a problem."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41081431

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 30, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I love Nando but forcing the team to kill the works Honda deal for a customer Renault engine at this point is just about the most retarded thing you could do in the world. He needs to take a step back and calm the gently caress down.

I can't blame him for not trusting Honda (do you trust them?), and even though it's a bad long-term decision, doing whatever it takes to keep Alonso gives McLaren the greatest chance at immediate success.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

What are the chances that Honda is going to make a competent engine for next year? cut

The finances of Mclaren are okay? Can they survive without being Honda works team?

Alonso is going to take a pay cut to make the Renault deal?

Mclaren is hosed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Briatore would have sorted all this out, imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Briatore would have sorted all this out, imo

Ah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly that's happening, my friend.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a definitive source on the Ferrari 637 ? Id like to read that,

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Is there a definitive source on the Ferrari 637 ? Id like to read that,

8w Forix.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks friend

http://8w.forix.com/ferrari-indianapolis-1986.html If someone else wants to read it.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

wicka posted:

Shoeys are good.

Shoeys are terrible. It should have died a long time. But hes in a coma.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thanks friend

http://8w.forix.com/ferrari-indianapolis-1986.html If someone else wants to read it.

Phwoar. Love that car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dubs posted:

Shoeys are terrible. It should have died a long time. But hes in a coma.

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I can't blame him for not trusting Honda (do you trust them?), and even though it's a bad long-term decision, doing whatever it takes to keep Alonso gives McLaren the greatest chance at immediate success.

Ya I just think it's really stupid that they're going for Renault. Verstappen has done less laps this year than Alonso and Renault have said they aren't putting alot the engine development. Meanwhile Honda hired on the guy who fixed the Renault engine in the first place. If this was may and they were first putting pen to paper on the 2018 car it makes sense but to do it so late in the game for such an underwhelming move is pretty dumb.

• Locked thread