Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Great job today krew I mean, it was basically the train driver's personal fault we lost on that Argonnes map but I'll take one for two.

also this happened, my thoughts are contained in the video (make sure you get to the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlzW5O9Qi0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lmao ok that entire sequence was amazing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mellowjournalism posted:

lmao ok that entire sequence was amazing

Major props to Eff for being insanely good at medicking because otherwise it was just another "GunPoop hurls his body into the press" moment and those are like dime a dozen

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Major props to Eff for being insanely good at medicking because otherwise it was just another "GunPoop hurls his body into the press" moment and those are like dime a dozen

What fresh hell did I just unleash there?

Love the twitching like a crackhead on speed at the end. Like your soldier was filled with pure adrenaline.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Have they awarded the knife and tag for completing all three summer missions yet?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Great job today krew I mean, it was basically the train driver's personal fault we lost on that Argonnes map but I'll take one for two.

also this happened, my thoughts are contained in the video (make sure you get to the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlzW5O9Qi0

That was nuts!

I timed the train on Argonne and it lasted a solid 1:14.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
We did pretty good, I thought.

This will never cease being satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwjvLgdw8oE

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CornHolio posted:

We did pretty good, I thought.

This will never cease being satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwjvLgdw8oE

The noscope no-look is extremely Cool and Good sorry I keep missing rolling with you, dude :(

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

The noscope no-look is extremely Cool and Good sorry I keep missing rolling with you, dude :(

s'alright, I only played a few games but I think we won them all. Two games I was kinda hot garbage but one I got second overall and felt pretty good about it (I think it was on Fort Vaux, because I got something like 500 heals as a medic).

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 30, 2017

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I'll be playing operations soon if anyone wants to join in. Somehow I didn't get credit for that step.

played and won 3 operations last night... didn't get the tag :dice:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
The post that got quoted on the last page makes it seem like they'll award everything on the 11th (if you didn't have them from the first time around.)

Snuffman posted:

:siren: Another chance at the summer missions coming up :siren:.

Aug 28th to Sept 2nd.

The dates seem messed up in the announcement, since they're still talking July/Aug, so I assume its:
- 28 - 29th, win 3 rounds of Operations
- 30- 31st, win 3 rounds of Rush
- 1st-2nd, win 3 rounds Frontlines

The reward for all 3 is a Russian Knife and the gold dog tag (along with all the associated dogtags), awarding :911: Sept 11th :911:.

The announcement is in game, but I figured I'd post it here too cause those things aren't up for long and I know some of you guys missed the announcements before (I know I almost did!).

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Are they doing it like they do the medals, (you have to do all the steps in order) or can I just try getting the rewards (if there are any) for doing the Rush and Frontlines ones?

I mean, I know I won't get the knife or the dogtag for doing the set of three, but I really couldn't be arsed doing the 3 Operations wins.

e: just booted it up and there's a splash screen which seems to be saying you don't have to do the set to get the individual dog tags.

Cultural Marxist fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 30, 2017

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I have all three individual tags but no knife and no fourth tag.

Edit: They rolled out the fourth tag and the dagger this afternoon if you previously completed all three missions.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 31, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Lol who changed the emblem again? Before long we will have krust as our emblem.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
man Rush is super stressful you think I yammer a lot during conquest matches, hoo boy

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
had a fun round this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmkJBcRakc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cMuflv77M

served that fucker right, running me over.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
look at you and your sniper shield made out of false security

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epilot5280/video/35819392#t=40

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I'm useless at this game, let me be honest about that. But gently caress I just played an operations game where for the majority of it a full 20 of the 32 guys on my team were sniping from the edge of the map including everyone in my squad. I counted them. It was the wide open desert map rotation whatever its called. We got steamrolled for 2 maps till I quit.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

e.pilot posted:

look at you and your sniper shield made out of false security

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epilot5280/video/35819392#t=40

Scopes are for scrublords :v:

I heard you guys like my emblems

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I forgot how much the Selbstlader 1906 owns. After getting my 42nd lebel infantry service star I needed a change up so I played medic and had a ton of fun with the Selbstlader. It's absurdly accurate at range and has a great follow up shot. Super easy to pop heads at 200m.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Live At Five! posted:

I forgot how much the Selbstlader 1906 owns. After getting my 42nd lebel infantry service star I needed a change up so I played medic and had a ton of fun with the Selbstlader. It's absurdly accurate at range and has a great follow up shot. Super easy to pop heads at 200m.

It's my most used primary. I'm always pantomiming the last bit of the reload lol

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hey I don't like using slack anymore. Should we consider a discord group?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

https://gfycat.com/SelfassuredWideeyedIvorygull

Shoutouts to venutolo and DROB for grinding through some frontlines wins for the summer mission last night. Winter, you just missed out.
I'll be around tonight if anyone else gets a group for it.

Ineffiable posted:

Hey I don't like using slack anymore. Should we consider a discord group?

It doesn't really matter to me, I'm already in a couple other goon discord groups.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It seems that the PS4 CTE is open for sign ups right now. Tried signing up on a lark and got in about 20 minutes ago. Download is 61 gigs so hope you have some open hdd space. I've heard that the new weapon rebalance patch will be added to console CTEs in the next few days. It's buffing LMGs significantly to where they're all 4 to 5 hit kills, no more 7 hit kills on poo poo like the Lewis gun. Medic rifles are going to more accurate at range. It seems that the RSC will have its 2 hit kill range increased to 70 meters. SMGs are having bullet damage increases all around (including the hellreigel stupidly enough). Shotguns will be changed to have 12 pellets per shot and the grouping will be more consistent so there won't be magic long range kills or close range shots that tickle enemies. Pistols and scout rifles are unchanged. Seems DICE wants to increase TTK across the board. Remains to be seen how it'll play out but hopefully it shakes up the meta, which is mostly hellreigel all day everyday. I have no idea why they're buffing it when they should just make the other weapons competitive with it. Although I think once the new dlc drops a lot of people will just switch the the Maxim SMG since it has even more rounds and is good at long range from what I've seen. Won't stop me from running double moisin once the dlc is out.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I 100% promise you that the hellreigel will remain the bullshit weapon of choice unless dice nerf it into the dirt like they should have months ago

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Deep down I know that but I'm trying to remain hopeful. I mean I get picking a good gun and sticking to it, nearly half of my 10k kills are with the lebel infantry but I can at least be smug and say that it's far more difficult to use an infantry rifle in this game rather than an accurate SMG with a massive magazine.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Well it sounds like from the test notes that they're at least trying to help out people who prefer NOT to cheat at existence by using a bullet hose with laser accuracy and neverending magazine.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
That's definitely the bright side of the patch. I am slightly worried that it'll be harder for me to play aggressive scout. Most of my engagements are in mid range which seems like most weapons are getting buffed for mid range engagements.

Edit: Played a round on the CTE. It's running Tsaritsyn, the Russian Civil War map and wow it's gorgeous. Tried out the mosin and I quite like it. I think half of it is how much I like the chambering animation. It's somehow satisfying to watch. Sight picture is a little small, especially coming from the lebel. The vetterli is certainly interest. Bullet velocity of the martini except you can actually take follow up shots. Also I already love the obrez pistol, I mean how could you not love a janky sawed off mosin? Just don't miss or you're hosed.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 3, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
they really should reduce the reload time for the hellreigel imho

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Ok so after several hours on the CTE I've found out that I love the Vetterli infantry. It's bullet velocity is like the martini aka slow as hell and it has tons of bullet drop but something about it is tons of fun to use. Maybe I just like the challenge of it? I'm not a fan on the carbine version because it looks like it's been sporterized and looks really dumb. Mosin is pretty good but it isn't different enough to use all that often. Also holy gently caress the obrez pistol is tons of fun. It certainly isn't the best option but it's hilarious to one shot people with it at close range. Just don't miss or you're dead.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Before all y'all poo poo your pants, I'm pretty sure they are upping spread/recoil on the hellregiel as well.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
There's a 10 GB download happening right now. Looking forward to shoving it in the BUTT with you dudes this week.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Parkingtigers posted:

There's a 10 GB download happening right now. Looking forward to shoving it in the BUTT with you dudes this week.

Heck yiss I got two days off work with nothin doin so I'll be around

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Whatever that update did it changed my splash screen at the very beginning of the game from baller rear end dude with spikes club and the c96 to a bald white chick with the howdah which rules

Also wtf they're launching perks again?? Damnit dice nobody cares just let us shoot mans

Jesus the assignments are hilariously broad too ahaha

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 5, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Gonna play as soon as I get home. Today is my only good day for Battlefield. Starting destiny 2 tomorrow.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Got killed this afternoon by someone who already had a service star with one of the new medic guns. Some proper poopsocking going on there.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
God dice is so loving bad at this hahaha

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

God dice is so loving bad at this hahaha

well we still play it so i don't think they are that bad at what matters

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

well we still play it so i don't think they are that bad at what matters

Right? I feel like the dice smiley is the most used on the entire loving forums and it's like, take a step back and think about what kind of game you're playing here.

e; or it could be that this is one of the only threads I read on the forums :sweatdrop:

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Sure like dice to me is complaining about the fact that an otherwise great experience is marred by then screwing the pooch on easy common sense minor issues which makes it even more funny.