Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The Junkrat buffs are so good I could cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I might just main Junkrat for this season... using those two mines in Deathmatch was fun as gently caress

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

HATECUBE posted:

HOG LIVES AND I AM FULLY ERECT

What....changed?

Edit, first pic of the 'Queen of Junkertown'

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 30, 2017

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Deathmatch is pretty great. Hope it stays in the rotation a long time, this is a way more fun way to collect boxes than the other lovely arcade modes.

E: I love that everyone's playing junk but no one's figured out a safe way to get riptire out without giving out a free kill. RIP tire.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 30, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Male characters with faces obscured: 5 (Genji, Reaper, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Soldier)
Female characters with faces obscured: 0 ()

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SKULL.GIF posted:

Male characters with faces obscured: 5 (Genji, Reaper, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Soldier)

Wasn't Ana originally going to have the full mask be her default instead of being a purple skin?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

a cock shaped fruit posted:

What....changed?

hog can move while healing and has 50% damage reduction while healing

a good patch. also made orisa shields better and gave her faster projectile speed, but holy poo poo play some hog in TDM

e: sym is a murder machine in deathmatch (with a hilariously powerful but situational/useless ult)

HATECUBE fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 30, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Anyone else having a lot of voice line related bugs? The announcer not announcing plays of the game, character voicelines not playing on spawn, voices not playing for cards getting 5+ votes, etc.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

HATECUBE posted:

hog can move while healing and has 50% damage reduction while healing

a good patch. also made orisa shields better and gave her faster projectile speed, but holy poo poo play some hog in TDM

e: sym is a murder machine in deathmatch (with a hilariously powerful but situational/useless ult)

Oh hey, wow, that's some stuff that genuinely makes him a tanky ...er, tank. Interesting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm enjoying Deathmatch a lot more than I thought I would be.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

HATECUBE posted:

HOG LIVES AND I AM FULLY ERECT

yeah I don't even personally care if he's good or bad now, he's just fun to play again. I had no idea how restricted I was by standing still to huff gas until they got rid of it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I know that it is who gets the last blow, but are torb gun buddies not count for you to? Didn't seem to be.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Oh hey, wow, that's some stuff that genuinely makes him a tanky ...er, tank. Interesting.

The problem is that Overwatch is set up so that taking damage isn't a virtue, it actively helps the other team by feeding them ult charge. Add in the fact that most of the dangerous characters in the game have some kind of mobility gimmick and a big fat dude who shoots inaccurate, low damage shrapnel everywhere doesn't really do much that you can't get better elsewhere for the same opportunity cost. Like maybe it'd be an interesting tradeoff if Hog's ult was super amazingly good and so there was this double-edged sword of "I can farm ult off this guy but he's gonna self-heal and get his own ult just as fast," but Whole Hog isn't so great that it's worth donating three pulse bombs to the red team in 90 seconds.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
If I recall right, the damage reduction on his heal now means he also gives less ult charge during it. The damage reduction is amazing too, I managed to face tank several shots from Bastion's ult and wind up killing him with his own explosions. Also, Hog's damage is fine so long as you're not trying to snipe people, even more so if you're good with his hook. The changes let you play him stupidly aggressive now.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sure, but there's a solid chance that there's gonna be a dps hero in line of sight while you waddle out and then farm ult charge after you while after you heal up. Playing stupid aggressive is still going to get you killed, and still feed the enemy team close to a full pulse bomb.

Hog will still be bad after this change, and his damage is still anemic, he's now just less bad because he won't feed as much ult charge while he disengages.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 30, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

All I know is that picking mercy in TDM is like a cheat code cos everyone slam picks DPS can't can't handle it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

praise allah for the new junkrat, now I no longer feel completely helpless against genjis who know what theyre doing

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

HerraS posted:

praise allah for the new junkrat, now I no longer feel completely helpless against genjis who know what theyre doing

And yet it's still incredibly satisfying to beat Genji 1v1. An all around win.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My death match attempts thus far are unchill but that might be because I got in the McCree Mains Convention and then got up against a 4 stack while in a duo with two pubs

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nessus posted:

My death match attempts thus far are unchill but that might be because I got in the McCree Mains Convention and then got up against a 4 stack while in a duo with two pubs

Soldier all day every day, burst firing for days.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I bring Sombra into FFA deathmatch to turn invi and pick off the low hp people. It's really fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I like Roadhog in the FFA, you can lurk in the basement all day and a lot of people will just give up on chasing you.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Soldier seems pretty disgusting in FFA. Confirming kills and kill stealing is incredibly important, so helix rocket becomes maybe the best ability in the game. Mobility to escape, heals to sustain.. I didn't place higher than second until I went Soldier and won by five kills.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Winston is fun in FFA Deathmatch. Just stroll around waiting for brawls, jump in and pick everyone off. :discourse:

With regards to the Junkrat changes -- if I have both mines down and tap the button to make them blow up, does it make them both explode simultaneously, or in order of being put down, or what?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

DeliciousCookie posted:

If I recall right, the damage reduction on his heal now means he also gives less ult charge during it. The damage reduction is amazing too, I managed to face tank several shots from Bastion's ult and wind up killing him with his own explosions. Also, Hog's damage is fine so long as you're not trying to snipe people, even more so if you're good with his hook. The changes let you play him stupidly aggressive now.

That's only during the two seconds of animation, where 50% damage reduction means they can charge 50% less Ult off of you while you're walking and expanding your hitbox for two seconds. I'd say he passable for funsies, but he's a liability in comp. At the minimum, he needs a passive 'Less Ult Charge Provided on Damage' ability and a 5-6 CD on the hook.

Also, Scott Mercer said in a Styolosa vid "Roadhog shouldn't flank, he's a tank" and that these changes help enforce that. If anything, it seems like i'ts reenforced it.

Montalvo posted:

With regards to the Junkrat changes -- if I have both mines down and tap the button to make them blow up, does it make them both explode simultaneously, or in order of being put down, or what?
Putting down a second mine deletes the first. You just have a second one off of cooldown to use after the first.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if deathmatch being available will make QP better

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

Soldier seems pretty disgusting in FFA. Confirming kills and kill stealing is incredibly important, so helix rocket becomes maybe the best ability in the game.

What if I told you Pharah could fire six of those fuckers without having to wait for an 8 second cooldown

Just do laps around the outside all day erryday, even if you get into trouble no one can actually follow you as you hover around the corner.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

There are lots of skins for female characters that obscure their faces, and skins for all the male characters (except Roadhog) that reveal their face, so I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Straight White Shark posted:

What if I told you Pharah could fire six of those fuckers without having to wait for an 8 second cooldown

Just do laps around the outside all day erryday, even if you get into trouble no one can actually follow you as you hover around the corner.

I main pharah and I've had some luck with this but you can't match the speed and consistency you can get kills with soldier. a lot of this mode seems to be about going to where the fights are, if you play more passive you might have a good kdr but you won't be first to 20. Also helix is faster then her rockets.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I got a top 2 finish in DM as Lucio. I really want a top finish. It's all about booping people off the map.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I can't wait until Blizzard makes a PUBG map and slips it into the Arcade rotation.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

DM is giving me the chance to give into my shameful desire to get good at hanzo.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think I'm going to use FFA to practice Tracer. My theory is that she is going to be the uncontested queen of that mode when things settle down. The hallways are made for her diving in and escaping. Getting to healthpacks at will. Blowing people up. If you really knew the map, you could be untouchable.

The biggest danger would be the usual junkrat traps and flashbangs, of which there will be many.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Orisa buffs are insane. Projectile speed makes it much easier at knocking pharahs out of the sky now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
there is no xp or any benefit, really, to coming in first in DM FFA when top 4 counts for lootbox wins

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

headcase posted:

I think I'm going to use FFA to practice Tracer. My theory is that she is going to be the uncontested queen of that mode when things settle down. The hallways are made for her diving in and escaping. Getting to healthpacks at will. Blowing people up. If you really knew the map, you could be untouchable.

The biggest danger would be the usual junkrat traps and flashbangs, of which there will be many.

She's amazing until you start playing against people who don't have to aim (Symmetra, torb, and Hanzo). They'll eat your lunch. And Symm is apparently pretty strong in the DM.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

there is no xp or any benefit, really, to coming in first in DM FFA when top 4 counts for lootbox wins

I mean yeah except for the fact that you're a loser if you ain't in first.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
ffa dm is loving awesome. the small map and fast respawn times are great. i wouldn't mind them adding ecopoint to the map rotation. i just really hope they don't make it elimination based and keep it final blow based.

team dm is fine, but i wouldn't care if they took it out of the arcade. on a team someone will pick a healer, which while appreciated, kind of ruins the spirit of it (as opposed to ffa if u pick a healer ur fukin cool). just feels like 4 person OW.

fbsw fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 30, 2017

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I'm never going to get another Mercy potg again without blaster shenanigans or the old huge res being a thing. I'm not sure anybody is. Not a big deal but kind of a bummer. I just had a play where I res Dva, res Dva again, heal her to full from near dead, res a DPS, damage boost Dva ult for a triple kill. POTG Dva.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170971972?t=24m45s

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

headcase posted:

The main problem with tracer is that there is no such thing as safety for you to escape to, you can only escape from one guy shooting at you to another guy shooting at you. Still amazing if you're good enough but I doubt she's going to be unstoppable.