Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Generally, any Nen subject that's been a plot point in a previous arc is just background stuff from then on.

It's not like anyone focuses on aura distribution since Greed Island. Don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Except for nen getting stronger after death, which has gotten stronger each arc

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mossyfisk posted:

Generally, any Nen subject that's been a plot point in a previous arc is just background stuff from then on.

It's not like anyone focuses on aura distribution since Greed Island. Don't worry about it.

I think that's less that it's not a thing anymore and more that it doesn't need to be specifically stated for the most part except in cases like Fei Tan not covering himself at all and being hurt by Zazan.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a basic skill that experts do without thinking and scrubs don't really do at all. so, not really much to say about it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

mossyfisk posted:

What? No it's constantly been there, it's just more unless it's an important observation in a fight ( see Knuckles vs Gon, Gon vs Bat and Owl, lots of fights during the Chimera Ant Arc now that i think about it) the characters aren't gonna mention it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat Oito's looking good!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you trust the translation, it is stated to be a "side effect" so technically it would be stronger for the dolphin to be able to insert an ability and then cleanly remove the Nen using ability of the target after termination of effect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that would go into memory manipulation, and steal chain is quite stupid enough already.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah, I'm just saying that you (Kurapica) could use some twisted logic that "leaves target able to use Nen" is a condition to enhance the effect of Steal Chain.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eej posted:

Yeah, I'm just saying that you (Kurapica) could use some twisted logic that "leaves target able to use Nen" is a condition to enhance the effect of Steal Chain.

That would be hilarious. He's so obsessed with penance that he thinks an unintended benefit of his power deserves another condition. The guy with the most broken powers is overly concerned with balance.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Do they exclusively pick the worst loving fanart

That Tserried fanart is adorable and I hope his mom put it on the fridge.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

was pitou considered blonde in the manga?

why did they change their hair color. thats weird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sea Sponge Run posted:

was pitou considered blonde in the manga?

why did they change their hair color. thats weird.

No Pitou had white hair in the manga. But some people before color was revealed interpreted as blonde.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
With 9 chapters out during this run of the manga, we're well within hiatus territory now :gonk:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TurkeyFried posted:

With 9 chapters out during this run of the manga, we're well within hiatus territory now :gonk:

Well the last chapter was named "Limit" so...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I believe, I believe, I believe this time it will be different

...right? :shepicide:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TurkeyFried posted:

did we miss a week?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would like to say a genuine congratulations to Yoshihiro Togashi for not only knocking out roughly an entire volumes worth despite his health conditions... which may not sound especially out of the ordinary for him when he comes off hiatus, but while doing this without scribbling while Dragon Quest XI is ready and waiting for him, calling into his ear

play me...
play me...
i'm on ps4 and 3ds...
you can play me twice in unique experiences...
play me...
i'm supposed to be really good...
play me togashi... play me...
i'm probably replayable as hell too...
you're only drawing krapika he's not even cool like leorio...

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I'm imagining his studio has a big note taped to the wall that says "NO DRAGON QUEST UNTIL KURAPIKA IS DEAD" and this last run is him working toward that end

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of hiatuses...

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/902722886049308672

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But on the other hands...

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/weekly-shonen-jump-2017-discussion-and-toc-talk.3006908/page-555#post-4596668

quote:

冨樫巻末コメント
日清食品様に復活賞として、どん兵衛いただいたので年内にもう1回復活します<義博>
Togashi message in tocs.
Look like Hxh will resume before the end of year.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't trust optimistic estimates for when hxh is going to come off hiatus.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just glad he managed to polish off another volume.

I'd hate for another Vol. 33 situation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's earned it. Enjoy DQ11 buddeh

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm imagining his studio has a big note taped to the wall that says "NO DRAGON QUEST UNTIL KURAPIKA IS DEAD" and this last run is him working toward that end

Unfortunately he works from his house so he never saw that memo

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
saw this posted elsewhere

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This nen was activated by the silent majority.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So is that a stand. That's a stand, right?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mabels big day posted:

So is that a stand. That's a stand, right?

If you learned nen, wouldn't you make up a hatsu that looks/acts like one?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Razor, Goreinu and Pitou all have stands

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

All nen is really just stands with more techno-babble, when you get down to it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Lock is basically just a nen power

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Unfortunately he works from his house so he never saw that memo

By "studio" I basically meant "the room in his house with all his drawing stuff" because I get the impression that's how a lot mangaka operate.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

By "studio" I basically meant "the room in his house with all his drawing stuff" because I get the impression that's how a lot mangaka operate.

some have a separate studio elsewhere, because they need the room for all those assistants to work. i think togashi probably works from home, though. he hates assistants for whatever reason, sometimes his wife helps him, and he has mobility problems.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

C-cute!

Togashi what are you doing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who would have a nicer heartbeat Leorio or Knuckle?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Who would have a nicer heartbeat Leorio or Knuckle?

Leorio.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
God drat it I'm gonna miss reading about the adventure of Detective Kurapika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Welp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4