Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Like 80 percent of weird left twitter was on lf and or FYAD and its 100 percent for the best that no one finds any posts they may have made here

most of the problematic poo poo would be stuff from the "post hot kpg babes" threads, maybe some transgender jokes

also whoever posted in those anime and sadbrains megathreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i'm not saying they're wrong for moving away from lf, it was what it was

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Mr Chapo if your reading this cough not once, not twice, but thrice immediately prior to the next "hey everybody...", we need to know we're still relevant

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I thought I was the only one going "Where's Amber???" for the past like forever number of episodes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i thought they said she was going to europe or something but you could hear her on cum town occasionally but i guess she's just been sick?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

i thought they said she was going to europe or something but you could hear her on cum town occasionally but i guess she's just been sick?

She was in Europe for a couple of weeks, and apparently she came back with the plague.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

prefect posted:

She was in Europe for a couple of weeks, and apparently she came back with the plague.

yeah she was hanging out in the UK and didn't get innoculated against our fish and chips, so now she's paying the price

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lovechop posted:

yeah she was hanging out in the UK and didn't get innoculated against our fish and chips, so now she's paying the price

Geez, I thought it was common knowledge, you don't partake in spotted dick without protection against diseases.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/902891140604710912

Lol @ Yglesias using the ironyboy "love too [x]" Tweet construction.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

prefect posted:

I and roughly three other people have been dying for more whale vomit. Every time I see baffler pop up in my podcast thing I get excited, then it's "news from nowhere" which is fine, but I want more ambergris.

(I actually have no idea how many people listen to whale vomit, the only podcast there are no others)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
but is it art

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chakan posted:

I and roughly three other people have been dying for more whale vomit. Every time I see baffler pop up in my podcast thing I get excited, then it's "news from nowhere" which is fine, but I want more ambergris.

(I actually have no idea how many people listen to whale vomit, the only podcast there are no others)

The last few episodes have been quite enjoyable. I wish Sam Kriss wasn't quite so down on Orwell, but that's life.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I always thought Amber was a really pretty name :(

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

prefect posted:

I wish Sam Kriss wasn't quite so down on Orwell, but that's life.

Orwell was a snitch.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I have whalevomit set to automatically download and play but it's always cory pein, whom i can't stand.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

I have whalevomit set to automatically download and play but it's always cory pein, whom i can't stand.

They split up their RSS feeds, so you don't have to get all the shows together.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
now to somehow get sam kriss speaking into a better mic than whatever pringles can rig he got

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

prefect posted:

The last few episodes have been quite enjoyable. I wish Sam Kriss wasn't quite so down on Orwell, but that's life.
The Road to Wigan Pier, despite being *~problematic~* and very much of its time, probably influenced me more than any other book I've ever read.

But as for Animal Farm, well, I suppose Orwell has to bear some of the blame for being too easy for right-wingers to quote-mine when they're whining about big government and free speech.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Chakan posted:

Every time I see baffler pop up in my podcast thing I get excited, then it's "news from nowhere" which is fine, but I want more ambergris.

Goddamit, this just happened.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I listen to the podcast while doing shop work, and genuinely can't make out half the things Matt says. :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

I always thought Amber was a really pretty name :(
Amber Frost sounds like some menacing substance in a video game, like it's nuclear winter snow that turns you into a vampire if you eat it. Or it's one of the weird trade goods in Fallen London.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Amber Frost sounds like some menacing substance in a video game, like it's nuclear winter snow that turns you into a vampire if you eat it. Or it's one of the weird trade goods in Fallen London.

AMBERFROST is a type of retrovirus that targets and kills only specific people.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Matt actually sounds better than he often has in this ep. Still a bit like he's in a cave though

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
When is Matt supposed to move to NYC?

There's a certain quality to Matt sounding like he is broadcasting from Buffalo Bill's basement, which I enjoy. Like how Gary on the Howard Stern show sounded like he was on a squawk box.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Finally got around to listening to Adam Johnson's "Citations Needed" pod. It's good -- episode 1 is on charter schools, with Jennifer Berkshire (formerly EduShyster on Twitter) as a guest.

I've wanted Chapo to do a good charter-related interview episode for a while, this is a good substitute.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Phone posted:

amber knew

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I love Ashley Feinberg's weird internet gonzo reporting.

quote:

This person using Gorka's email address also happened to choose items that align perfectly with Gorka's interests.

Regarding Cesar Millan's Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog...and Your Life, Gorka appears to be a lover of dogs.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They all share one account.
Just like guys do.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
well cum town finally clicked for me on the third try. guesss i'm broke brained enough

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mr Hootington posted:

well cum town finally clicked for me on the third try. guesss i'm broke brained enough

I've heard you are a degenerate bad poster. Thats ok. Stav's laugh for all.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm going to miss his laugh while he's in Greece.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

this guy knows

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He laughin cuz he know

HE KNOW!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Black and white, italian person and regular person..."

"Ozzy man dais" :newlol:

Holy poo poo is that Nick in the background? Crossover! :neckbeard:

"Mao Jong" Matt is the best Chapo. :allears:

Although I am a big fan of Amber and Felix's position on children.

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 31, 2017

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
I think cum town is funny because the transgressiveness is couched in the knowledge that what they're saying is bad. It wouldn't be funny if the cum boys were actually racist or whatever. To me, it's better to be like 'I laughed at this joke poking fun at stereotypes, I'm a piece of poo poo' than to pretend you're completely devoid of all negative or unwoke thoughts. It generally makes me feel less like jumping into a vat of lye thinking on my life hearing dudes acting like middle schoolers.

And it makes me laugh. Which, like enjoying music, is just something that happens and then you get to scramble for a reason as to why.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Lurks Morington posted:

I think cum town is funny because the transgressiveness is couched in the knowledge that what they're saying is bad. It wouldn't be funny if the cum boys were actually racist or whatever. To me, it's better to be like 'I laughed at this joke poking fun at stereotypes, I'm a piece of poo poo' than to pretend you're completely devoid of all negative or unwoke thoughts. It generally makes me feel less like jumping into a vat of lye thinking on my life hearing dudes acting like middle schoolers.

And it makes me laugh. Which, like enjoying music, is just something that happens and then you get to scramble for a reason as to why.

for sure. the discussion they were having about this in the newest cum town was really funny, as well.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurks Morington posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQsZMzcfYa0

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/903283877267083264

Matt is being bullied at work.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cum Town Adam used to work there, didn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/903285154801741824

lmao