Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was magic fire

Zombie dragons and frost dragons breathe blue fire

This is known

The REAL question is, how does it stay airborne with all those holes in its wings????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
GoT Season 7 Thread: The show just poo poo itself in a field.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Game of Thrones Season 8 tag line:

Incest and Dragons

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

The REAL question is, how does it stay airborne with all those holes in its wings????????????????????

Laminar flow, duh!

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Lil'finger was like, the biggest drat orchestrator of everything that went down. (he had a little finger in everything, you see) He is the fucker who killed our lead protagonist in S1! He's the one who pitted everyone against eachother. Clearly one of the greatest antagonists in the show early on

Then he was basically reduced to Sansas uh, handler? Mentor? It's unclear. Either way he started sucking hard and ultimately his grand scheme was reduced to "loving a crazy lady, punting her out of a hole and then getting snuffed by Sansa of all people. *
Perhaps you'll laugh, but I know him better than most, and this is the truth: Littlefinger is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zzulu posted:

Those are speed holes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

Lil'finger was like, the biggest drat orchestrator of everything that went down. (he had a little finger in everything, you see) He is the fucker who killed our lead protagonist in S1! He's the one who pitted everyone against eachother. Clearly one of the greatest antagonists in the show early on

Then he was basically reduced to Sansas uh, handler? Mentor? It's unclear. Either way he started sucking hard and ultimately his grand scheme was reduced to "loving a crazy lady, punting her out of a hole and then getting snuffed by Sansa of all people. *

In the early seasons I assumed the political aspect of GOT would basically play out as a grand conflict between two theses represented by Littlefinger and Varys. Then both of them fell through the cracks and became completely irrelevant.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

steinrokkan posted:

In the early seasons I assumed the political aspect of GOT would basically play out as a grand conflict between two theses represented by Littlefinger and Varys. Then both of them fell through the cracks and became completely irrelevant.

Same

They were also super interesting back then and fun to watch mouth off at eachother

But as we all know, this show murders or sidelines all the interesting characters for the worst ones

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The show built up Littlefinger and Varys to be the two most dangerous people in all of Westeros then dropped all their interesting story beats and stuck one with Sansa and the other with Dany.

We were supposed to be all:"wow, if these two powerful guys will serve the two ladies then it must mean that the ladies are badass as gently caress!". Then Arya kills LF to show how awesome she is too. Varys will probably be killed by Missandei at this rate.

They dropped the whole idea fairly early that people who were good at scheming and subterfuge were the real dangerous people in Westeros rather than the guy with military prowess or the guy who commands the respect of his people.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jon doesn't have military prowess though

He lost every battle he fought and he gave the night king a dragon (which lead to the wall coming down which lead to the walkers invading) so he could get a skellington to Cersei (who ignored it and refused to help in the end anyway)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Excuse me, he won the battle of Craster's Keep against a fookin legend

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Zzulu posted:

He lost every battle he fought and he gave the night king a dragon (which lead to the wall coming down which lead to the walkers invading) so he could get a skellington to Cersei (who ignored it and refused to help in the end anyway)

In the early seasons he was the man. Made his way up to Lord Commander after like a week at Castle Black, able to do a bunch of cool spinny sword stuff etc.

So they are going to have him follow Dany around like a retard because he is also there just to make her look powerful now.

Game Of Jobbers.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If those faceless dudes will take any contract, why hasn't someone just taken out a loan and paid them to off the night king? They could just take the face of a fresh wight and skelewalk over and shank him and the war's all over.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

The show built up Littlefinger and Varys to be the two most dangerous people in all of Westeros then dropped all their interesting story beats and stuck one with Sansa and the other with Dany.

We were supposed to be all:"wow, if these two powerful guys will serve the two ladies then it must mean that the ladies are badass as gently caress!". Then Arya kills LF to show how awesome she is too. Varys will probably be killed by Missandei at this rate.

They dropped the whole idea fairly early that people who were good at scheming and subterfuge were the real dangerous people in Westeros rather than the guy with military prowess or the guy who commands the respect of his people.
To be fair to the writers, how far can you take the whole puppetmaster character development before it basically ends up becoming like the Joker in TDK, where the audience has to suspend too much disbelief that all of these extraordinary events, many of which cascade, were orchestrated by these people?

That being said the show has no time at all for nuance now, and had clearly completely run out of ideas for Littlefinger and/or written him into a corner. It reached a bit of a strange nadir this season where his entire existence was literally just standing around smirking and having his non-mysterious machinations being openly mocked by Sansa.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If those faceless dudes will take any contract, why hasn't someone just taken out a loan and paid them to off the night king? They could just take the face of a fresh wight and skelewalk over and shank him and the war's all over.

They take life. What's dead may never die.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Durzel posted:

To be fair to the writers, how far can you take the whole puppetmaster character development before it basically ends up becoming like the Joker in TDK, where the audience has to suspend too much disbelief that all of these extraordinary events, many of which cascade, were orchestrated by these people?

That being said the show has no time at all for nuance now, and had clearly completely run out of ideas for Littlefinger and/or written him into a corner. It reached a bit of a strange nadir this season where his entire existence was literally just standing around smirking and having his non-mysterious machinations being openly mocked by Sansa.

There is always one chode who sides with the writers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is the iron bank giving cersei $$$.

Dany has: unsullied, dragons, horse dudes, blonde hair, fucks any guy who comes near her except Jorah.
Cersei has a creepy alchemist, a dead bodyguard, incest and ed sheeran.

In other words, mycroft is very stupid on this show.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The iron bank's whole gimmick seems to be betting on losers so they can bet on the winner after with the aim of maybe breaking even

Not gonna lie everything about Bravos is stupid as hell and I wonder all the time how they don't get wrecked by like everyone else on essos

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The Iron Bank would have placed a couple large on MacGregor

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Also if you look at a map of essos they aren't even located in a useful place so it's not even clear how they have so much money. Can't be from trading. They're at the northwest corner of essos so really they're only the midpoint for trade goods headed to the north of westeros. Pentos is way better situated.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was really looking forward to the Sansa/Littlefinger fraction Machiavelli their way to the Iron Throne and then Sansa drop Littlefinger for political expediency. It fits ASOIAF's gray morality better IMO. And frankly Sansa would make a better ruler than the other fan favorite idiots. Sansa should rule in Kingslanding not Winterfell because she lost her Stark identity pretty early.

Now I am reading both Jon and Dany will make it to the end of the series according to an old letter of GRRM? What is this high fantasy crap. Jon has no business staying alive for so long, he is only alive to do the red god's bidding just like Beric One-Eyed.

Also, the white walkers are, ultimately, a human created ecological disaster. Westerosi humans (and what's left of the Children of the Forest ) should be the one who face the consequences of the disaster. Supernatural elements like the Lord of the Light have no dog in this fight and shouldn't get his hand dirty. I believe the red god also had a hand in most of the recent supernatural events such as dragon eggs getting hatched and Dany not being hurt by fire. The show need to give a satisfying explanation to the red god's involvement by the end of the series.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Red god shows up in final scene. It's Alanis Morrissette.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Pretty much every plot littlefinger took part in was instigated by and benefitted someone else far more than himself. LF as a blowhard makes sense to me.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Lannisters have a good credit rating.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

*singing nude*
Thank you Missandei
Thank you the Hound
Thank you, thank you Pycelle

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ElGroucho posted:

*singing nude*
Thank you Missandei
Thank you the Hound
Thank you, thank you Pycelle

Wrong reference. :colbert:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Zzulu posted:

he's a pro when it comes to not drowning in corpses

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Panzeh posted:

Pretty much every plot littlefinger took part in was instigated by and benefitted someone else far more than himself. LF as a blowhard makes sense to me.

Littlefinger is the incel kid on the internet who thinks he is smarter than everyone personified. He thinks he's clever, but really he does other people's dirty work for them. He thinks he can bang a significantly younger woman. He is reddit.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Apprentice Dick posted:

Littlefinger is the incel kid on the internet who thinks he is smarter than everyone personified. He thinks he's clever, but really he does other people's dirty work for them. He thinks he can bang a significantly younger woman. He is reddit.

How can someone who runs a brothel be an incel?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Panzeh posted:

In the short term. In the long term he would be the last one standing.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waltzing Along posted:

How can someone who runs a brothel be an incel?

Because he earnestly thought he could teach a woman the right way to eat poosey?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I miss when Jon Snow was just a plain ol' bastard, this whole legitimate thing feels like a big retcon fanservice jackoff

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

steinrokkan posted:

In the short term. In the long term he would be the last one standing.

I'm sure that's what he tells himself.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElGroucho posted:

I miss when Jon Snow was just a plain ol' bastard, this whole legitimate thing feels like a big retcon fanservice jackoff

Yeah he went from black horse shack troop to establishment. Gross!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

cersei never had all that hot lesbian sex from the books, on the show and that is a problem.

neither did dany, wtf HBO, where the lesbians?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

did the wall step on gendry?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Waltzing Along posted:

And as everybody dies...her only line:

"Isn't it ironic?"

****fade to black****

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zzulu posted:

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is the iron bank giving cersei $$$.

Dany has: unsullied, dragons, horse dudes, blonde hair, fucks any guy who comes near her except Jorah.
Cersei has a creepy alchemist, a dead bodyguard, incest and ed sheeran.

In other words, mycroft is very stupid on this show.

I figured they made a lot of money on slaving, so getting rid of Dany is a goal.