Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Weirdly enough lvl 2 vests located close to eye level and looked at from the "waist end" have made me think "8x!!" for a moment before.

Also when a double-barreled shotgun spawns next to/on top of a revolver and you see the wooden gun along with some 7.62 and think "YAY a KAR98!". :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishDeterminedTireTheTarFu

Chocotaco solo drops at the shooting range in a squad game. Drops entire squad. Dude is just on another level, god drat.

Qmass posted:

From that gun-range opposing squads perspective - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170823634?t=05h49m31s (thanks reddit)

The English guy is so salty about getting oneshot by a shotgun with no armor wowie.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Was that posted to reddit like "wow, look at this cheater?" or?

Because I'd love to read some whiny comments.

Also, that clip was hilarious.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Playing solo squad is the best for early fights because people in groups actually move around rather than seek out a bathroom to sit in as soon as they find themselves a rifle

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

Are you somehow unable to identify scopes by sight?

Yea I didn't want to bite but if someone can't ID different scopes with a cursory glance in a room ho boy. I feel like only the newest players are having those problems. I hope.

Just lol if you haven't memorized every buildings layout (also I'm oddly jealous I want a fresh map to explore)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea I didn't want to bite but if someone can't ID different scopes with a cursory glance in a room ho boy. I feel like only the newest players are having those problems. I hope.

Just lol if you haven't memorized every buildings layout (also I'm oddly jealous I want a fresh map to explore)

Randomized buildings would be neato, not cobbling together buildings out of parts because I'm sure it would be janky and terrible, but being able to drop into pochinki and have it be different every time would be loving cool as poo poo.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
The twitch links for the guys who challenged ChocoTaco aren't working for me and I want to experience the hilarity!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

The twitch links for the guys who challenged ChocoTaco aren't working for me and I want to experience the hilarity!

https://streamable.com/ntvn6

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the guy deleted them lmao

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Tweak posted:

the guy deleted them lmao

I guess he doesn't want to be seen being a butt hurt sore loser reporting someone for cheating.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
His laugh is somehow more annoying than DSPs.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

That is really fantastic.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"if i just yell lag bullshit my friends won't know I just got owned, good thing there isn't a way for anyone to find out the truth!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

you: my KDR is 2.2 and i drop like 4-5 guys every time i win
me, a scholar: my KDR is exactly 1, because i only get one kill per game... the guy who comes in second

:chaostrump:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

There's only been a single instance in all my time playing this game where I thought someone might even be close to cheating. Still didn't report them. Mostly because I don't think I'm anything better than just above average at this game and watching good streamers like ChocoTaco has taught me that there really are people who can spin around to face a flanking threat and with unerring accuracy dump a mag into your face before you get even a couple single shots off.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I've had a few times (again out of like 1500 games or something) where people have 100% definitely been cheating.

We're talking spinning around and instantly headshotting like 3-4 people one after another from far enough away that it's not just somebody who is good at the game.

Of course if somebody were just wallhacking then that'd be way more difficult to notice.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The speedhacker I reported is still playing :(

That is the only instance of cheating I've ever come across in this game though

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Playing solo in squad matches is the best because you can punch out like 15 AFKs. I wish I knew what my KDR in 1PP mode is, it has to be over 5 or 6 just based on the amount of AFKs I am killing. Like does a 20+ kill match even count if half the kills were on AFKs?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
No, nor does your KDA. I don't really understand why people drop with the AFKs tbh; you know your KDA is a fluke and you generally start the game in a terrible location

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

There's only been a single instance in all my time playing this game where I thought someone might even be close to cheating. Still didn't report them. Mostly because I don't think I'm anything better than just above average at this game and watching good streamers like ChocoTaco has taught me that there really are people who can spin around to face a flanking threat and with unerring accuracy dump a mag into your face before you get even a couple single shots off.

Yeah I did one of these crazy 180 turns while being shot the other day with an m4. Just got lucky and hit the headshot. I'm sure it appeared I was cheating

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Parallel Playa posted:

No, nor does your KDA. I don't really understand why people drop with the AFKs tbh; you know your KDA is a fluke and you generally start the game in a terrible location

Its fun. You are never the only person who drops with that plan so it either comes down to a fist fight in the field where the victor gets to punch out the AFKs or a mad rush for a gun at the group of buildings closest to the AFKs. Just usual PUBG stuff. I just want to have fun and do silly things.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Stealthgerbil posted:

Its fun. You are never the only person who drops with that plan so it either comes down to a fist fight in the field where the victor gets to punch out the AFKs or a mad rush for a gun at the group of buildings closest to the AFKs. Just usual PUBG stuff. I just want to have fun and do silly things.

It's fun once or twice but then you realize dropping on good locations and killing non afk people and getting good loot is Really Fun, not being stuck in the middle of nowhere

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Parallel Playa posted:

The speedhacker I reported is still playing :(

That is the only instance of cheating I've ever come across in this game though

Yesterday my entire group was downed by full auto headshots from a single guy the instant anyone had line of sight of him, one getting headshot by a kar98 while the guy was in the middle of the changing weapons animation, was the first instance of someone using a aimbot I saw in the game.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

It's fun once or twice but then you realize dropping on good locations and killing non afk people and getting good loot is Really Fun, not being stuck in the middle of nowhere

I mix it up, Its not like im jumping out with the AFKs every game. Its just a fun change of pace. Also what do you think happens after I kill the AFKs? I go on to win the game. I mean its not the smart thing to do if you are playing to win but if that was the case, I would choose the least fun way of possible to win. Its trivial getting in the top 5 every game so I like to mix it up and do silly things.

Stealthgerbil fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 30, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Stealthgerbil posted:

I mix it up, Its not like im jumping out with the AFKs every game. Its just a fun change of pace. Also what do you think happens after I kill the AFKs? I go on to win the game. I mean its not the smart thing to do if you are playing to win but if that was the case, I would choose the least fun way of possible to win. Its trivial getting in the top 5 every game so I like to mix it up and do silly things.

Yea man, I get so bored getting first through fifth every game killing real people that I decide to mix it up and punch people not responding in the middle of nowhere and then run for five minutes to a single house for a p92. Geared

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Does PUBG trigger anyone else's antivirus program? it triggers my ESET Nod32 all the time.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea man, I get so bored getting first through fifth every game killing real people that I decide to mix it up and punch people not responding in the middle of nowhere and then run for five minutes to a single house for a p92. Geared

Yea baby you know it. And lol if you cant find a vehicle on the drop down and then drive off to better looting places. Sometimes I play normally, sometimes I drop at the school and kill like 10 dudes, some games I punch out the AFKs, its all about mixing it up and having fun.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I "love the lag more dude". with no lag showing at all. He sprayed the wall next to Choco then decides to jump in the air and get shot in the head.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sometimes I like to roleplay as a clay pigeon, ok?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I can only climax if someone is telling someone else they are playing wrong, this is the best thread

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sometimes i get so bored actually playing the game i drop with the afkers to pad my meaningless numbers and pretend it's exciting

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

thanks and bless

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

sometimes i get so bored actually playing the game i drop with the afkers to pad my meaningless numbers and pretend it's exciting

there are no stats in 1pp, im just doing it for fun!! does that make it better or worse?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
substantially worse

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Stealthgerbil posted:

there are no stats in 1pp, im just doing it for fun!! does that make it better or worse?

BAby I'm a simpleeeeee kind of man

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

i like how he tries to shoot choco while in the air jumping without aiming and he's like LAG THATS THE REASON I DIDNT KILL HIMMMMM

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I am a simple person, I see people and I try to punch them out. The best part is that you can then go on to loot 10 first aid kits and get in the top 5 just by healing through the circle. The ultimate in lame strats right here.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
Is it just me, or are stun grenades somewhat bugged? Three clips of mine: https://youtu.be/W4P5tPqT-iI

The first two are more recent FPP games of mine, and the third is an older 3rd person game.

In the first clip I suppose it's possible that it landed behind the small box, but I want to say that it landed right next to the guy unobstructed. In the second clip, the other guy's nade totally should have worked on me :shrug:

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I have always had mixed results with stun grenades. Sometimes I feel like it blinds the enemey for 5 seconds and other times, it has no effect. I think if it lands too close ,its like outside of their viewing angle and they don't get hit. Also they get blocked by even tiny pieces of the world geometrym like a table leg or chair. I am probably wrong and almost certainly stupid though. Doesn't stop me from using them all the time because they are really effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Lol what is with posts like this.

• Locked thread