Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's a kruber mod on the total warhammer workshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Games Workshop are noobs and idiots

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Digirat posted:

There's a kruber mod on the total warhammer workshop

i saw that a while ago and even commented on it asking if audio files were possible but the stipulations of uploading mods for TW:W is that you can't use anything outside of currently existing assets.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Lunethex posted:

i saw that a while ago and even commented on it asking if audio files were possible but the stipulations of uploading mods for TW:W is that you can't use anything outside of currently existing assets.

What's the point of even having the workshop then?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

likely not happening. CA said so much on reddit.

I thought that Kruber gets referenced by Empire state units in Warhammer Total War?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought that Kruber gets referenced by Empire state units in Warhammer Total War?

Yeah, Greatswords specifically have an idle line wondering where Krüber is.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Discendo Vox posted:

Is fatshark doing a Crimefest?!?

i wouldn't mind a safehousebar raid

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Another giveaway, this time for a trinket that gives your attacks a whopping 1% chance to apply poison.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
So, that 75% faster respawn time trinket they had revolutionized how I play fire lady in last stand mode; now I play her as a suicidal fire shotgun wielder that blows up repeatedly to get free bomb blasts and comes back in five seconds after dying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finally played those Stromdorf levels. Game still good, and I'd like to see more boss fights like that again.

Mephit
May 5, 2010
Game is back in a Humble Bundle (this time with the Drachenfels DLC added on) if people still don't have it...

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
So this is a thing: https://www.pcgamesn.com/warhammer-vermintide-2/vermintide-2-release-date-maps-classes-characters-skaven

tl:dr: Vermintide 2, more info on the 17th of October.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I am a happy man

edit: I wonder if we'll be bashing greenmen instead of ratmen. Or maybe even skellymen

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hell yes :getin:

Zephro posted:

edit: I wonder if we'll be bashing greenmen instead of ratmen. Or maybe even skellymen

This too, though I'd imagine they would have mutated the name a bit if that were the case, maybe they plan to and Vermintide II is the hook to get people to look at first, but god knows yet. If either of those though gimme a Greentide, I wanna hear all the goofy bullshit orcs would be screaming as they flood at you, aside from the obvious thundering "WAAAAAAGH!!! :orks101:" when hordes come. Black orcs for Stormvermin, Night Goblins or something for Gutter Runners, there's so much they could do there.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 30, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So I guess the rat+whoever alliance is coming in II and not another update?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:stoked:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I do hope they still have the original missions in the rotation

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, i sure as hell didn't expect this but i'm definitely looking forward to it. the way i figured it, to bring in new players they would have had to do a new character or something along those lines along with maybe a lowering of price, but i had never considered they would do a sequel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm hoping for a Left 4 Dead 2 type situation where the old maps get rolled into the new engine, or something like the Human Revolution Director's Cut which came free to people who owned the base game + Missing Link.

And then feature backported alterations to the old maps in case the new game features greenskins. That would be hilarious fighting Orcs across Ubersreik.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The shield rat will finally get to make his dramatic appearance (in the form of a runtime exception)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vermintide II? :swoon:

I hope they keep the current cast. I like them. I'm not even sure how they could expand the roster without stepping on some toes, but it might be nice to see a couple of new player characters too. Maybe Kruber will finally get a halberd.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i will only accept new playable characters if they are cousin okri and or olesya

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want to be a DE with a repeater crossbow.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

dmboogie posted:

i will only accept new playable characters if they are cousin okri and or olesya

If we have to have new characters, I want all the original cast to be dead except for Kruber who is the only character to make it to the sequel, as befits his lone survivor thing.

Otherwise, I want the old krew.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

If we have to have new characters, I want all the original cast to be dead except for Kruber who is the only character to make it to the sequel, as befits his lone survivor thing.

Otherwise, I want the old krew.
Saltzpyre's too tough to die. Dude's basically made out of old leather at this point.

I couldn't imagine Vermintide without https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There is already a steam listing for the game with 5 environment screenshots. Looks like they've also dropped "end times" from the title which is pretty good since that's 3 subtitles by the time you add the name of a DLC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/

quote:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Vermintide. It’s time for players to return to the memorable first-person co-op experience with intense world class melee action.

Set in the dark and grim Warhammer Fantasy world, you must join forces with up to three other players to tackle the endless hordes of enemies. Equipped with a variety of melee and ranged weapons, you and your team are all that stands between utter defeat and victory - and if you fall so will the Empire.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

Saltzpyre's too tough to die. Dude's basically made out of old leather at this point.

I couldn't imagine Vermintide without https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Yeah, the game would be a hell of a lot less fun without the characters (that have a surprising amount of depth to them) and the voice actors obviously having a blast. Even if we get a new cast for 2, I hope the old crew shows up, and also doesn't die.

I hope there's more stuff like the extended conversations you get at the beginning of Reaching Out, too.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I'd be extremely surprised if we saw non-skaven enemies take a major role in V2. Skaven are the perfect mix of hilarious and easy to kill, but vast in numbers. Undead could fit the bill but I kind of hope we don't have undead because they're just so common as video game trash mobs. Warhammer Orks are way too beefy to be trash mobs, and they're so big they'd block sight lines all the time. Skaven have the nice feature that the trash rats are short but the dangerous rats are tall, so you can see them in the crowd.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm personally betting on more involvement from multiple skaven clans

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm personally betting on more involvement from multiple skaven clans

That's technically already happening in Vermintide, Kerillian refers to gutter runners with "Eshin eyes" and killing a roger gets you an achievement called "Moulderbane" and so on, but I get what you mean well enough.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope the rats are nicer this time around

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ChickenHeart posted:

I hope the rats are nicer this time around

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yardbomb posted:

That's technically already happening in Vermintide, Kerillian refers to gutter runners with "Eshin eyes" and killing a roger gets you an achievement called "Moulderbane" and so on, but I get what you mean well enough.

yeah, i mostly mean in that they're more clearly represented in the game as separate groups that are working together, which would add a good bit of variety without having to somehow shoehorn in undead or orcs or whatever people are speculating on

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I hope there's more actual bosses, 'cause the Chieftan guy owned.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

Well that is cause Clans, Eshin, Skyre and Moulder sell their services to all other clans.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
The sounds played during the teaser almost sound lizardlike (the clicking and even the raspy roar at the end of it), I wonder if we're going to go up against lizardmen as well as skaven or even have a lizardman as a new playable character? Probably wishful thinking on my part and it's more likely to be something beastmen/orc related, which would still be pretty good in adding variety.

edit: Actually, re-listening to it, it sounds like whatever it is, was dragging its feet, I could almost swear I heard the quiet rattle of a chain as well.

Pumpkinreaper fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 30, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Maybe we'll get to take out a Hellpit Abomination.

That would be exciting.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
tossing my :woop: on the pile as it's hard to see how they could gently caress this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Banano posted:

tossing my :woop: on the pile as it's hard to see how they could gently caress this up

Don't jinx it!

• Locked thread