Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks.

As a newly minted 30 I'm tempted to spend my hoarded credits on a gold AR, but I'm not sure if it'd be more efficient to gamble on sealed caches.

Edit: I didn't think it was possible to run out of ammo in this game. Then I went to the dark zone.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I always buy caches.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Psion posted:

Yeah, it's extremely frustrating when trying to use an M700 in, say, a legendary when you can't actually rely on your shot going off.

For what it's worth, if you wait for the sound of the bolt before your next shot it appears to avoid the jamming bug.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

The Lone Badger posted:

Thanks.

As a newly minted 30 I'm tempted to spend my hoarded credits on a gold AR, but I'm not sure if it'd be more efficient to gamble on sealed caches.

Open your map & select the "Intel" tab. Every 3 or 4 of those will net you a field proficiency cache. You'll be 256 pretty quickly like that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Lone Badger posted:

Thanks.
If the talents are good buy the gun. But caches are also worth it because they also give you some Phoenix credits.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you get ganked with poo poo in your bag, you lose 3 public items and 6 private ones. If you have something good, fill your bag so you are less likely to drop it.

Can you explain? Have they changed the mechanics behind dropping loot in the DZ when you die?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding how it works, only 3 things from your bag drop "public" where other players can pick them up. The other 6 are "private" in that you gotta hoof it back there and pick them up, but only you can.

My understanding is that which is which is rng. So if you have only 3 things, they will all be public. But if you have 9, 3 random items will be public.

Edit: assuming you aren't rogue

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 30, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

1.8 Reveal Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Addk7cl5smg

Map Extension - West Side Pier, Horde mode(?), 4x4 PVP mode

Roman fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 30, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Looks like tower defense and straight death match pvp...huh

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Resistance, huh. Maybe it's an arena mode with mixed spawns?

Glad they're still adding to the game though.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

honestly some kind of tower defense could be entertaining.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://blog.ubi.com/division-free-resistance-update-1-8-adds-new-modes-map-area/

Changes to UG, rogue system, and some new way of upgrading stuff.

If they add diablo style augmenting I will Mail them a box of poop

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Curious if the new PVP mode will still cater to circus acrobatics?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Open your map & select the "Intel" tab. Every 3 or 4 of those will net you a field proficiency cache. You'll be 256 pretty quickly like that.

This. An amazing way to gear up is to run search and destroy missions in every zone, and as you run between targets pickup any intel you previously missed. You will get so many drat caches that way, and will have enough fighting to not be noted running down the intel.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Public Service Announcement for anyone who might be going into the DZ sometime soon: There is widespread use of a recently discovered glitch in loadouts (not kidding) that allows unlimited stacking of whatever +% mods appear on a weapon magazine. Insane crit chance/crit damage Gatling LVOA-Cs (1300+ RPM) with no increased penalty to accuracy/stability are a thing right now. Fixing this is still in the early stages and may require a client side patch. Ubi has promised to take action against exploiters, but I'm not holding my breath :jerkbag: .

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is this across all platforms?

Also, I'm digging the PvE thing in 1.8. Hopefully it gives out caches at a good rate. Also looking forward to Underground changes.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is this across all platforms?

I watched a how-to video, and seeing as how it just involves pressing certain buttons in a certain order (i.e. it's not a client side hack program), I would say yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

MREBoy posted:

I watched a how-to video, and seeing as how it just involves pressing certain buttons in a certain order (i.e. it's not a client side hack program), I would say yes.

Isn't this like the third time this has happened?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

http://blog.ubi.com/division-free-resistance-update-1-8-adds-new-modes-map-area/

Changes to UG, rogue system, and some new way of upgrading stuff.

If they add diablo style augmenting I will Mail them a box of poop

So it says "new open world activities" in addition to the new modes but it's probably safe to assume this won't mean any new missions otherwise they'd probably be mentioning that too. Hopefully they don't just mean new places to HVT's or whatever.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

MREBoy posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:
Public Service Announcement for anyone who might be going into the DZ sometime soon: There is widespread use of a recently discovered glitch in loadouts (not kidding) that allows unlimited stacking of whatever +% mods appear on a weapon magazine. Insane crit chance/crit damage Gatling LVOA-Cs (1300+ RPM) with no increased penalty to accuracy/stability are a thing right now. Fixing this is still in the early stages and may require a client side patch. Ubi has promised to take action against exploiters, but I'm not holding my breath :jerkbag: .

I ran into a group doing this yesterday. Thought they were lagging really bad but this makes much more sense. Pretty drat weak.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

So it says "new open world activities" in addition to the new modes but it's probably safe to assume this won't mean any new missions otherwise they'd probably be mentioning that too. Hopefully they don't just mean new places to HVT's or whatever.

I'm sure there is some new poo poo to do in the zone expansion.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MarcoStyle said there's more stuff than in the trailer and blog but he didn't hint at what or how much.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Roman posted:

Got a chance to really look at this.
Where is that Pier 89 sign? And the Car Wash sign on the left? Looks like a new area.
Notice the garbage truck is all armored up, with a cleaner logo on the side. I think that's new?
What's that bright light on the cleaner?

I vaugly remember ages ago, when the game was still kinda new, a few people were breaking out of maps and going for wanders in out of bounds and half completed levels/sets for cutscenes.

Wasn't one of them the pier with a ship docked at it? it was used in a cutscene where it's the view out of a window very early in the game?

edit:

&

From this gallery of back when mobile cover let you clip through walls

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 30, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah that's the same area, they show it on the map in the trailer. I'm expecting if not new missions, at least new Encounters and side missions and such in the new areas. One of the surveys asked about BoO customization, so maybe there will be a use for the leftover supplies.

Also I have questions about Skirmish. Will it be normalized? Will it just be in LZ areas, or also DZ? Any options to disable skills and ults (I don't care but lots of people have asked for that)?

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 30, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol at the idea of disabling skills in skirmish.

This game does not shine in the small scale gun battle context *chicken dances up to player, waits until he reloads to stand still and headshot from 3 feet away*

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It might just be me but if this new PVP was picking from set classes with standardized stats/skills/weapon that might actually make it fun.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

It might just be me but if this new PVP was picking from set classes with standardized stats/skills/weapon that might actually make it fun.

That would be Rainbow Six then, wouldn't it? Saying this as someone who never played Siege.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I dunno I feel like normalized gear is a pretty happy medium

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I think level 30+ DZ should be the only not-normalized PVP. Even low level DZ should be normalized, at least within tiers. NPC level should matter, but a level 14 terorrizing a level 4 who can't fight back in any meaningful way is uninteresting and teaches the player nothing useful.

And yeah gently caress PVP with disabled skills. it would only highlight even more how bad the movement & mechanics are within PVP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I dunno I feel like normalized gear is a pretty happy medium

And it can still be there in Last Stand. I sort of just want some Division PVP without having to worry about someone who already poop-socked the perfect Lone Star classified gear set or whatever.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I dunno, despite the new sets being good, there's people who still consider high end hybrid builds are still not only really good but may be be better for many things. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSsp8S1x6_w

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Looks like this next update might get me back, I stopped right around Last Stand because I absolutely do not give a poo poo about PvP, least of all in The Division, and at that point Survival and Underground were kinda dead. I still haven't done anything more than the intro for Underground in the Disco Party area, every group I've tried to get going since then ended up falling apart before we ever started, if I even managed to form a full group in the first place which was disappointing.

But I'm so down for more PvE game modes that aren't just running the story missions over and over

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

You can solo underground.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
For the guy that was asking about DZ kits here are the 2 that I made this week. Up until now I ran whatever I used in PVE but with more people farming the DZ for classifieds (and the rpm/stat glitch...) I thought it prudent to be a better prepared for shenanigans.

#1 - 4 pc Banshee's Shadow/3 pc Predator's Mark
Keep in mind that though this set has less sheet damage, once I get into a fight with a rogue I'm doing between 10-30% more damage because of the Banshee.

I'm running 1 stam piece only because I stupidly rerolled the minor attribute on the mask instead of the stat.
Weapons:
LWM4 - Competent/Adept/Responsive for dps and Trained/Determined/Skilled to recharge after using an ult
MP5 ST - Hurried/Competent/Predatory

Skills:
Booster Shot/Conceal Pulse

#2 - Barrett's/Ferro's/Shortbow's/Specialized/Skulls MC/Nimble

Weapons:
LWM4 - same as above but had to use a stam mod because Responsive was in the 2nd slot.
MP5 N - Deadly/Brutal/Predatory

Skills:
Overdose/Conceal Pulse

Both use Triage/Critical Save/Strike Back/On The Move for talents.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cougar cub posted:

This. An amazing way to gear up is to run search and destroy missions in every zone, and as you run between targets pickup any intel you previously missed. You will get so many drat caches that way, and will have enough fighting to not be noted running down the intel.

I skipped over Opportunities during leveling because they seemed to give significantly less reward for the same effort as side missions. That means I've got a lot of killing to do to open up Search&Destroy.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

The Lone Badger posted:

I skipped over Opportunities during leveling because they seemed to give significantly less reward for the same effort as side missions. That means I've got a lot of killing to do to open up Search&Destroy.

The later game encounters and side missions do give a significant amount of xp so they aren't anything to ignore.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Most of my levels came from side missions, i just ignored Encounters.

Edit: What do I do with crafting materials now? I don't seem to get new blueprints anymore unless I spend a massive amount of phoenixcreds on them.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Aug 31, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Some 1.8 bits from one of the ETF:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6x0b9m/18_they_have_loosened_part_of_our_nda_if_you_have/

- You can play inside the aircraft carrier, it's not just set dressing
- There are lots of open areas inside the ship, not just corridors
- Re: new stuff, "pay attention to the trailer when it talks about skirmish"
- note that the skirmish players are using preorder guns, looks like you can get 256 versions
- re: stuff you see in trailers, "massive is very intentional about this kind of content"
- The new LZ area "felt as dense as DZ7-9 lots of cool stuff and new things, really a much bigger area than it seems." with lots of verticality
- New area is just like rest of map, open access and soloable
- The whole rest of the game is "getting some love," not just Underground
- There is definitely more to 1.8 they can't talk about yet
- New social area has "cool stuff" implying there's actual things to do in it
- "the LZ will have some unique things that the current LZ does not have" this was the answer to 2 different questions about any story modes
- They did not play in Central Park, if it is in 1.8 they don't know, "they don't tell ETF everything"

- Skirmish is normalized timed 4x4, no NPCs. Infinite respawns.
- ETF played Skirmish in 3 different places within the new area including the ship deck. (they don't know if it's in other areas of the LZ too)

- Resistance is definitely a Horde mode, not an Incursion
- Resistance is not timed, "lasts as long as you do"
- Resistance has difficulty modes, waves get harder as you play but not more spongy
- Resistance was limited to the pier area when ETF played, they don't know if it's in other areas

- They can't discuss Rogue 2.0 yet but hinted things like accidentally getting a 20 sec timer while shooting at a Manhunt and everyone killing you will not happen any more

Roman fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 31, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm so glad they're supporting the game. I have to say that again. :3:

I dunno, it really made an impression on me. Despite being a fairly generic third person shooter, something about the game has kept me hooked even after all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Oh hell yes, I haven't been keeping an eye on the new changes so I didn't know how much the game was improved.

Does this game still go on sale all the time? I see it for $20 on some weird key sites but don't know if they're reputable. Trying to get some friends to start chars with me in it while waiting for Destiny 2.

• Locked thread