Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

So the family and I have been thinking about rescuing a dog recently and in wake of the Houston floods and the undoubtedly thousands of pets that will need new homes, it seems to make the most sense. Has anyone seen a website or anything that has all of the pets listed or is it still too soon for that yet?

If my local orgs are anything to go by, it's rare that they have all the animals up on websites. The volume is too high and the software packages they use are tedious and horrible to work with. Just head over to your local shelter and see what they've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

If my local orgs are anything to go by, it's rare that they have all the animals up on websites. The volume is too high and the software packages they use are tedious and horrible to work with. Just head over to your local shelter and see what they've got.

Yeah, I'm in Arizona though and wanted to help out Texas :smith:

I mean, rescuing is rescuing and is all cool and good, but my attention has been turned to the animals of Texas. These videos break my heart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

Pelosi just released a statement condemning antifa violence because of course a leading Democrat would do that.

I wish I could say I can't believe they fell for this poo poo and tripped over their own dicks. They expect Rs to turn around and condemn Nazis and lol that aint happening.

Seriously over and over Dems reach across the aisle to say, "you told me to gently caress off and die but I will not! However I will merely gently caress off as a compromise!

Also relevant
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/902776691524640768

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I mean, rescuing is rescuing and is all cool and good, but my attention has been turned to the animals of Texas. These videos break my heart.

If you look, you will probably be able to find a rescue organization in Arizona that pulls animals out of shelters in Texas (among other states) and fosters them in your general area.

Also, usually the rescue org's facebook page is the best place to get updated info.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If you look, you will probably be able to find a rescue organization in Arizona that pulls animals out of shelters in Texas (among other states) and fosters them in your general area.

Also, usually the rescue org's facebook page is the best place to get updated info.

Sounds like I have some calls to make, I really appreciate the info. I figured it wouldn't be as easy as "here's a up to date page of all rescued Harvey animals" but was not sure where to start so this helps a lot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/jpmanga/status/902940877517053952

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I just wanted taxis....For everyone....

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Get two dogs cuz the one dog will need a friend.

My Iggy has two cat friends.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Get two dogs cuz the one dog will need a friend.

My Iggy has two cat friends.

I already have 2 and I think 3 dogs is the most I can con my wife into :shrug:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/902890112257843201

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ooof. Intern getting sent home without his coldbrew today

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

What, in Springfield? Because that's where they're located

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"copied each other when you lost"

That is like 2nd grade level.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Punching Nazis is nice, but it's not a strategy for winning (shooting wars with other countries are not a relevant example), and it's always loving white men fantasizing about committing assault and not even thinking about the ramifications their behavior might have for vulnerable minorities who bear the brunt of any backlash. Is anyone actually prepared to deal with the consequences of violent insurgency when we've got a hostile ruler and sociopaths like ICE roaming the streets? Are you going to use your privilege to help the downtrodden or shield yourself from any repercussions that the downtrodden will face?

Boston humiliated the neo-Nazis without any violence. Most people aren't willing to get violent in opposing Trump. You'd better have a loving plan if you want to just throw potential allies away.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

On the other hand they're Nazis and being punched is the natural order of things.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heavy 4s on backsquat are the worst.

Just something about it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wife went to lunch with me today. She's after an internship that will pay her fuckall, but is thinking that come the New Year she wants to get separated.

I did the math. I'm fine. She's.... not so much.

Also having the kids going back and forth 4/5 times a week seems like a recipe for some issues as they approach adulthood.

e: oh and I need to buy a new vehicle if this happens, because I can't haul 4 kids in my chevy malibu.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shangri-Law School posted:

Punching Nazis is nice, but it's not a strategy for winning (shooting wars with other countries are not a relevant example), and it's always loving white men fantasizing about committing assault and not even thinking about the ramifications their behavior might have for vulnerable minorities who bear the brunt of any backlash. Is anyone actually prepared to deal with the consequences of violent insurgency when we've got a hostile ruler and sociopaths like ICE roaming the streets? Are you going to use your privilege to help the downtrodden or shield yourself from any repercussions that the downtrodden will face?

Boston humiliated the neo-Nazis without any violence. Most people aren't willing to get violent in opposing Trump. You'd better have a loving plan if you want to just throw potential allies away.

People didn't show up in Boston because they murdered a woman in Charlottesville

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is the whitest post.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wife went to lunch with me today. She's after an internship that will pay her fuckall, but is thinking that come the New Year she wants to get separated.

I did the math. I'm fine. She's.... not so much.

Also having the kids going back and forth 4/5 times a week seems like a recipe for some issues as they approach adulthood.

e: oh and I need to buy a new vehicle if this happens, because I can't haul 4 kids in my chevy malibu.

I got the impression that you were the breadwinner and will continue to be the breadwinner so I hope you take your bread and lawyer the gently caress up now.

I like you. Please do not finance someone else's midlife crisis.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Weeee possibly multiple shooters at a hotel in Sacramento

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Boston was such a success because the response to Charlottsville was everyone doxxing and destroying the Nazis very publicly so that they were too scared to show up in Boston and cancelled most of their follow up rallies.

The Friday before they tried somewhere else in NC and got pushed out by Anti-fa aligned groups.

if Nazis show up in public they need to be pushed out. If they won't leave, make them leave. Nazis are violence.

Democrats side with Nazis over the left because Nazis set the bar low enough that they can manage to clear it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Weeee multiple shooters at a hotel in Sacramento

It's one shooter reported multiple times I bet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's one shooter reported multiple times I bet

You caught me before my edit you jerk.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If it gets to that extreme point, everyone will be marching in arms against loving roaming gangs of Nazis and facist storm troopers. loving duh. poo poo, I even look and sound and act white as gently caress but I'm going against the wall just like any other non-white because I'm a half breed. Nobody is safe. I'm in California so I haven't had the opportunity to participate much but there might be a big thing during free speech week at Berkeley and I'm definitely going to that. I hope they have the balls to show up.

Freedom isn't free. It costs a buck o' five, good sir

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 30, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Boston was such a success because the response to Charlottsville was everyone doxxing and destroying the Nazis very publicly so that they were too scared to show up in Boston and cancelled most of their follow up rallies.

The Friday before they tried somewhere else in NC and got pushed out by Anti-fa aligned groups.

if Nazis show up in public they need to be pushed out. If they won't leave, make them leave. Nazis are violence.

Democrats side with Nazis over the left because Nazis set the bar low enough that they can manage to clear it.

Yeah you got to resist them and you got to accept that the more center liberals will side with the fascists every time.

Don't waste your energy trying to court them you will not win.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Did we learn nothing from the Plot of The Avengers Civil War

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm a hot headed, dumb motherfucker so punching Nazis and getting maced is right up my alley

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is the whitest post.

I ain't white. I'm happy with anti-fa when they do things like shielding BLM or doxxing Nazis, but I don't want there to be any escalation of violence. It's not just a philosophical thing, it's tactical.

For gently caress's sake, being black in America means living under perpetual threat of arbitrary execution. BLM taking to the streets is already an enormous risk on their part. Why would groups that claim to be their allies want to make things more difficult for them?

Some people can put on a mask, beat up a Nazi and run away. Others won't be as lucky.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I got the impression that you were the breadwinner and will continue to be the breadwinner so I hope you take your bread and lawyer the gently caress up now.

I like you. Please do not finance someone else's midlife crisis.

I am and would have been the breadwinner for the foreseeable future. In May 2019 she would ostensibly finish school, but I don't see that happening, if I'm being honest.

I'm beginning to separate finances and lay out clear paths to reducing liabilities while I look toward the horizon on how the gently caress I'm supposed to get the kids through this as well.

In the interim, I'm going to be stashing money like crazy. No chiefs games this year.

E: she is texting me about sending the water from the hurricane to California, what the Christ.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Can we start a TFF militia. DLINK will train us in weapons, Crazy in martial arts, Fiz in strength, I'll cook the food and roll the blunts, we need someone to design uniforms (not jackbooted brownshirts or all-black ninjas, something with some style and grace) and organize us into platoons or companies or whatever, Grittybeard will be our historian

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think we should roll true rebel style and use out of date t shirts and jeans and a bunch of old white toyotas with .50 cals on the back

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I ain't white. I'm happy with anti-fa when they do things like shielding BLM or doxxing Nazis, but I don't want there to be any escalation of violence. It's not just a philosophical thing, it's tactical.

For gently caress's sake, being black in America means living under perpetual threat of arbitrary execution. BLM taking to the streets is already an enormous risk on their part. Why would groups that claim to be their allies want to make things more difficult for them?

Some people can put on a mask, beat up a Nazi and run away. Others won't be as lucky.

They aren't making things difficult for you don't be a drama queen. Your position is exactly as it was and unfortunately probably exactly as it will be for the forseeable future.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tff militia uniform is the 19-0 tee shirts they had to send to third world countries and a utilikilt duh

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

FYI, I'm talking specifically about using violence as a deliberate tactic against Nazis. I'm not complaining about all the ways that peaceful resistance has been deployed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Can we start a TFF militia. DLINK will train us in weapons, Crazy in martial arts, Fiz in strength, I'll cook the food and roll the blunts, we need someone to design uniforms (not jackbooted brownshirts or all-black ninjas, something with some style and grace) and organize us into platoons or companies or whatever, Grittybeard will be our historian

I'l be the scared guy who talks about his family back home who gets killed off to prove a point to the audience.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Quiet Feet posted:

I'l be the scared guy who talks about his family back home who gets killed off to prove a point to the audience.

Nah, our twin mottos will be "steel hones steel" and "leave no goon behind"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

I am and would have been the breadwinner for the foreseeable future. In May 2019 she would ostensibly finish school, but I don't see that happening, if I'm being honest.

I'm beginning to separate finances and lay out clear paths to reducing liabilities while I look toward the horizon on how the gently caress I'm supposed to get the kids through this as well.

In the interim, I'm going to be stashing money like crazy. No chiefs games this year.

E: she is texting me about sending the water from the hurricane to California, what the Christ.

That's a bad sign. Is it crazy town texting or just misguided? My friends wife started talking about this weird phenomenon of gangstalking and then like a week later had a mental break. Had to be hospitalized.

Edit:. Probably talking out my rear end, but when was the last kid born?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I am them and they are me

• Locked thread