Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I sure am glad conservative cartoonists are getting all the feels from Americans helping each other in a crisis.

And I agree! Time to Come Together® and Put Aside Our Differences® to help....combat climate chan....hey wait where are you running to

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Calaveron posted:

Ah yes, the moral equivalency of antifa whose stated aim is fighting fascism and nazi movements and the KKK, who want to kill everyone who isn't white. Two peas in a pod

No joke even from people I've heard on the left the view is that Antifa is fascist for trying to deny "anyone" free speech. Without going into any details as to why (because they don't want to admit they don't want counter-protesting to be a thing). And the other view from just random people is equating antifa with any person during a protest/riot that breaks stuff.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Soros bullshit is pure dog whistle antisemitism, see also "globalists" and "bankers"

It's not dog whistle

It is plain

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Perfection

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Calling it now, every one of these anuses drawing equivalencies between white supremacists and Antifa will be just focusing on Antifa in like, two weeks.

They desperately want one death, just one caused by antifascists so they can hoot and holler about how terroristic they are despite the centuries of blood by the hands of white nationalists, nazis and klansmen.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crabtree posted:

They desperately want one death, just one caused by antifascists so they can hoot and holler about how terroristic they are despite the centuries of blood by the hands of white nationalists, nazis and klansmen.

They usual scum basically has already started with Berkeley and framing it as antifa just showing up and beating on people for some reason don't ask too many questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:bahgawd:"You're not going to bring him back are you?"
:drac:"gently caress no"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

holy poo poo Lester is so loving full of himself this could be a Kelly

Self-insert labeled MAGNANIMOUS CARTOONISTS says "even though you're wrong about everything, I'm willing to tolerate your presence as long as you're okay with doing all the stuff I want to do :smug:"

Guy labeled GRATEFUL MINORITIES goes "wow, you're soooo cooooool let me buy you a drink :swoon:"

Like, it's also funny how brittle and touchy the MAGA guy is in panel 2, but I can't even make fun of that because of how shit_that_didnt_happen.txt the whole cartoon is

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Johnny Walker posted:

Make sure you awkwardly wedge the "Houston" label in there somewhere, otherwise people might think you are talking about any one of the number of unprecedented flood disasters going on right now.

Aww cut him some slack, we're gonna need that label to remind us which flood it was about when it gets reposted after he goes back to chiseling away on all that which divides us for a few years then makes an almost exact variant of that comic for the next huge disaster.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Antifa are angels of light. (1 Corinthians 11:14)

A Good Cartoon.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Finally figured out who this guy's Trump reminds me of: fat Majin Buu.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I'll never forget the first time I saw "NoKo" used for North Korea. It was 10 minutes ago, when I saw this cartoon.

The Rangers are in Dallas-Ft.Worth, not Houston. :colbert:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

dow soars, economy humming

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Donald Trump is the worst president of France ever.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I realized I can't be as mad at any of the cartoons posted today because I just remembered that one Asay from over a decade ago about how "It's a good thing actually insurance companies aren't covering flood damages." and how he'd do it again if he didn't retire.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hahahahaha

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Just needs a label on the dirt pile that says "more important things."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I realized I can't be as mad at any of the cartoons posted today because I just remembered that one Asay from over a decade ago about how "It's a good thing actually insurance companies aren't covering flood damages." and how he'd do it again if he didn't retire.
Do you have this one?
Asay never ceases to amaze me.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Wow! That is some next level equivocation! People I disagree with are literally the exact same as both the KKK and Satan. Mainstream conservatives are looking more and more like Freep, there is always more and it is always worse.

:dance:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vib Rib posted:

Do you have this one?
Asay never ceases to amaze me.

Found it!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Begemot posted:

Found it!

Somehow, I don't think Asay would have the same contempt toward Harvey victims as he would Katrina victims. I think there are certain factors that would, ahh, color his attitude.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Begemot posted:

Found it!

I am very sad Asay retired and isn't dead yet.

I don't wish painful death on him, I just feel the overall decency of Humanity will increase with him out of the world.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Bill Leak rose from the grave to make one last contribution to the plebiscite discussion:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Xander77 posted:

Bill Leak rose from the grave to make one last contribution to the plebiscite discussion:

lmao what the gently caress

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Not that I disagree here, but I feel like we've seen so much similar imagery with Obama saying "It's Bush's fault" that this seems lazy.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

:australia:

Remember this is the country that sends illegal immigrants to terrible camps on Nauru because "gently caress off, we're full!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I'm glad you can laugh, my anger knows no limits.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

frankenfreak posted:

Remember this is the country that sends illegal immigrants actual refugees to terrible camps on Nauru because "gently caress off, we're full!"

Almost

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The kind of person who thinks of Antifa as violent terrorists is also the kind of person who worries about cooties. AGC.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I watched the video that they have in that article and it actually seems pretty reasonable. Like, he phrased some things poorly, but other than that it was pretty much "we're doing what we can to get you back on your feet." Even the part quoted sounded more like filler than anything else, like how other people would say "um" or something. There are plenty of things to hate trump over, lets not add nothing speeches onto the list.

The question is why was he even there in the first place? He didn't meet any victims and I don't think he did anything substantive to help the relief. He just showed up to have a rally and pretend he was doing something.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Jonathan Pollard free at last!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Xander77 posted:

Jesus... I'm assuming what is censored out at the bottom left is the identity of the maker of this horror? You don't need to protect the identities of people that would spread hate this blatant.

Edit: I decided to look up the paper cited on the image and of course it's bullshit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/02/using-pseudoscience-to-undermine-same-sex-parents/385604/

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 30, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's pretty telling how so many right-wing pundits/cartoonists/advertisers/politicians/voters don't give a rats rear end about "studies" and scoff loudly at "experts" and "scientists" and findings and so on, until a report comes out that they like, and suddenly it's all FACTS VS FEELINGS and CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE TRUTH.
Academia is seen as elitism and studies are all paid lobbies until the study says gay people are bad and then it's the immutable word of pure fact brought to us by the geniuses that know best.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Will fake scientific research for $$$
That's right, for the proper amount of cash I'll cobble together information which proves* that your penis is enormous.
Call now.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
That sure is a pair of swarthy arms threatening the angelic white blonde kid.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What's the implication here, anyway? Gay people are just naturally violent?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Vib Rib posted:

Academia is seen as elitism and studies are all paid lobbies until the study says gay people are bad and then it's the immutable word of pure fact brought to us by the geniuses that know best.

Hell, I think we're even beyond this point in American conservatism nowadays. Republicans and Fundamentalists have realized that as long as something sounds like it's scientific, people will snatch it up and instantly believe it as long as it agrees with their pre-existing worldview. Before the Obergefell decision, you saw a few anti-gay "scientific" papers being published that were so lacking in standards and integrity that they were almost instantly (although metaphorically) torn apart. But to the people putting them out, it didn't matter - it was never about actually being correct, it was about shaping public perception.

It's why organizations like the American College of Pediatricians exist. It's not an actual scientific organization, it's a lobbying group made up of conservative Christians. They exist solely because "Well, the American College of Pediatricians says that introducing children to LGBT concepts is harmful and should be avoided" is a lot easier to say on Fox News than it is to say "BUT THEY'RE FAGS!"

Science, to them, is a tool to be used to get people to agree with them, nothing more.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I am a dumb small child and I'm not sure I get this. Someone please explain.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Manuel Calavera posted:

Vampire hunter shows up to save the guy, the vampire's like "nah man look the guy's a nazi", the vampire hunter's like "oh okay carry on then"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Manuel Calavera posted:

well, the vampire is going to eat someone. a vampire hunter has the drop on him! but no, the vampire explains that the person deserves a painful death. satisfied, the hunter departs.

• Locked thread