Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Got a multi-week championship coming up, and I need to come up with 2 lists to use in hangar bay style. Rules are 2 standard lists, can choose obstacles after the lists are simultaneously revealed. The most current FAQ before Sept 3 when the lists are due are the lists I can use.

With the likely and upcoming Advanced SLAM and jumpmaster nerf, I don't want to spend much time getting practiced on those.
I'm thinking for my first list, it will be LW dash plus a buddy. Either Poe or Miranda.
Dash Rendar (36)
Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Rey (2)
Outrider (5)

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Intensity (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Comm Relay (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

For my second list, I'm thinking about a list that I have no intention of actually playing, but might warp my opponents' list selection. Like, 4 ship rebels. Or maybe playing Dengar/Nym for realsies
Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Dengar (33)
Expertise (4)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Punishing One (12)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Autoblaster on Nym is pretty stupid, go TLT if you can. I faced 3 Nym's at GenCon, each one had Autoblaster and each one was easy as hell to beat with my Nym. I faced several others with Autoblaster in the store championships leading up to GenCon and each one was easy to beat. If it ever came down to my Nym vs their Nym, it was a forgone conclusion.

The idea of dropping a bomblet then using autoblaster at range 1 is like some sort of mental trap. I never wanted to be in any way near jousting range when my ship has 1 green die.

Just my 2 cents.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Mystery item for Force Friday is being discussed at FLGS and everyone including the owner is hoping it's not Destiny-related. The card shortage and how much more popular XwingTMG is has made more people kind of stay away from Destiny stuff.

Owner is asking people to not return the item if it turns out to be a bum product. Honestly I think FFG shouldn't do stuff like this because yes, it's creating a lot of hype but if it turns out to be a fart it'll make a lot of people unhappy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
[url

Mmmm, that's good poo poo homebrew

Cracken and that medical droid. 1 point crew for infinite discarding of pilot crits. Slap it on Leebo and boom, infinite health leebo

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
It's going to be a new expansion for Dark Heresy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hope it's a unique collection of items from each of their star wars related lines to get everyone who plays one to buy them all.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

[url

Cracken and that medical droid. 1 point crew for infinite discarding of pilot crits. Slap it on Leebo and boom, infinite health leebo

lol @ random hugh jackman pic for Niles Ferrier.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

bunnyofdoom posted:

[url

I mean it's just the Determination EPT as a crew card, so :shrug:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

enigmahfc posted:

Autoblaster on Nym is pretty stupid, go TLT if you can. I faced 3 Nym's at GenCon, each one had Autoblaster and each one was easy as hell to beat with my Nym. I faced several others with Autoblaster in the store championships leading up to GenCon and each one was easy to beat. If it ever came down to my Nym vs their Nym, it was a forgone conclusion.

The idea of dropping a bomblet then using autoblaster at range 1 is like some sort of mental trap. I never wanted to be in any way near jousting range when my ship has 1 green die.

Just my 2 cents.

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. Autoblaster on Nym has been amazing for me in a tournaments. It has helped me wreck quite a few high agility ships. It also adds another layer of "gently caress you" to anyone with high agility even considering getting to range one of Nym. It's not going to be useful every round, but what is? Also it's 2 points compared to the 6 for TLT

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Mystery item for Force Friday is being discussed at FLGS and everyone including the owner is hoping it's not Destiny-related. The card shortage and how much more popular XwingTMG is has made more people kind of stay away from Destiny stuff.

Owner is asking people to not return the item if it turns out to be a bum product. Honestly I think FFG shouldn't do stuff like this because yes, it's creating a lot of hype but if it turns out to be a fart it'll make a lot of people unhappy.

Why would someone keep a product they don't want lol

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. Autoblaster on Nym has been amazing for me in a tournaments. It has helped me wreck quite a few high agility ships. It also adds another layer of "gently caress you" to anyone with high agility even considering getting to range one of Nym. It's not going to be useful every round, but what is? Also it's 2 points compared to the 6 for TLT

TLT is superior for Rebel Nym by far, because Rebel Nym doesn't want to brawl as much.

Autoblaster on Scum Nym is pretty good.

However, if it comes down to Nym vs Nym, the one with the TLT is going to win unless they're really dumb.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Raged posted:

Everyone's play style is different, So I can see Autoblaster working if someone fly it right.....I guess I just haven;t flown against people that have flown it right. It's got to the point that if I see an Autoblaster Nym I just assume its going to do little to no damage to me.

I've used TLT Scum Nym, and I find it better to skirt the outside, pecking away. The Bomblets are there for when they can get used, but aren't thing for me. Oh course, with Adv. Sensors and Genius, your going to get them off regardless. I just never get in range 1 on a Nym, and if I do, I make sure I'm doing enough damage so that 2 hits from Nym really don't matter.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 30, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

Everyone's play style is different, So I can see Autoblaster working if someone fly it right.....I guess I just haven;t flown against people that have flown it right. It's got to the point that if I see an Autoblaster Nym I just assume its going to do little to no damage to me.

I've used TLT Scum Nym, and I find it better to skirt the outside, pecking away. The Bomblets are there for when they can get used, but aren't thing for me. Oh course, with Adv. Sensors and Genius, your going to get them off regardless. I just never get in range 1 on a Nym, and if I do, I make sure I'm doing enough damage so that 2 hits from Nym really don't matter.

Scum Nym is a brawler. You want drop those bombs right on top of people, every time you can safely do so.

Do you run Advanced Sensors/Engine on your Scum Nym? If not, you should try it. That pre-move reposition (either roll or boost) is amazing for slipping into the enemy ranks and bombing the hell out of them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

alg posted:

Why would someone keep a product they don't want lol

A $30 mystery product you cannot return, why is that store even selling preorders?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Nationals coming up soon for me, gonna fly this:

Inaldra + Light Scyk + Mind Link
Asajj + Mind Link + Gyro + Latts
Ketsu + Mind Link + 4-LOM + Shadowcaster Title

List has a lot of punch, and Inaldra works well as a focus battery in tandem with it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Scum Nym is a brawler. You want drop those bombs right on top of people, every time you can safely do so.

Do you run Advanced Sensors/Engine on your Scum Nym? If not, you should try it. That pre-move reposition (either roll or boost) is amazing for slipping into the enemy ranks and bombing the hell out of them.

I run Advance sensors, but not Engine upgrade. I tried it like that with e Autoblaster, but for the way I play, it just wasn't good. It had pretty much the results I get when facing an Autoblaster Nym ; it gets destroyed. The extra 4 points from EU go better with TLT for me.

Like I said, I know everyone wants to use EU and AB on Nym, I just don;t find it very good. If other people do, that's cool. I have never been beaten by an AutoBlaster Nym, but maybe the people I have flown against who fly it aren't good at it and I'm just lucky, but I did face it 3 times at Gen Con so who knows.

Maybe it has to do with my Dengar with it not using torps and instead using Clusters and Cad Bane. Whatever the case, I'm loving down with playing Dengar/Nym because I've flown it too much and want to go back to having actual fun with the game again (for a little while...I'm sure I go full try-hard again soon enough).

Speaking of fun/jank lists, Jostero is the funnest ship with Guns for Hire to make weird poo poo with.

Witness me! (100)
Captain Jostero — Kihraxz Fighter 24
A Score to Settle 0
Inertial Dampeners 1
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 24

Black Sun Ace — Kihraxz Fighter 23
Fearlessness 1
Dead Man's Switch 2
Vaksai 0

Black Sun Ace — Kihraxz Fighter 23
Fearlessness 1
Dead Man's Switch 2
Vaksai 0

Binayre Pirate — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Dead Man's Switch 2
Ship Total: 14

Binayre Pirate — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Dead Man's Switch 2
Ship Total: 14

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 30, 2017

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tekopo posted:

Nationals coming up soon for me, gonna fly this:

Inaldra + Light Scyk + Mind Link
Asajj + Mind Link + Gyro + Latts
Ketsu + Mind Link + 4-LOM + Shadowcaster Title

List has a lot of punch, and Inaldra works well as a focus battery in tandem with it.

I stopped using Mindlink because I afraid they were going to nerf it before Gen Con. When they didn't, I'd already been to far down the lovely Dengar/Nym hole to see my way out. I may have to break out my Fenn/Kavil/Zuckuss Mindlink list at least once more before the inevitable nerf.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

I stopped using Mindlink because I afraid they were going to nerf it before Gen Con. When they didn't, I'd already been to far down the lovely Dengar/Nym hole to see my way out. I may have to break out my Fenn/Kavil/Zuckuss Mindlink list at least once more before the inevitable nerf.
if they do nerf it, at least I'll have given that list a good run. The list performs much better than a stimmed up dual caster list, and I've enjoyed it a lot so far.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tekopo posted:

if they do nerf it, at least I'll have given that list a good run. The list performs much better than a stimmed up dual caster list, and I've enjoyed it a lot so far.

If I owned 2 ShadowCasters, I'd fly it because ShadowCasters are awesome.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

If I owned 2 ShadowCasters, I'd fly it because ShadowCasters are awesome.
That's reason number one for me flying that list

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG is switching to a random draw for their non-Star Wars World Championships: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/30/your-chance-to-compete/

I wonder if they'll the same for the Star Wars games. I'd imagine so. Selfishly I hope not, since I live 5 minutes from their HQ and have never had an issue getting in, but I get that this is probably a better option for most people.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, I saw that and I'm hoping they switch to random draw for SW games. Random draw or cascading by weight is the way you do it for anything that just doesn't have enough spots unless you keep upping the price until the number of registrations fits the amount of space available.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
They could always get a bigger space, but then they'd probably move it out of Minnesota anyway.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyonero posted:

They could always get a bigger space, but then they'd probably move it out of Minnesota anyway.

What does the U.S. Bank stadium get used for when the Vikings aren't playing?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

canyoneer posted:

What does the U.S. Bank stadium get used for when the Vikings aren't playing?

Killing birds, mostly

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Engine upgrade on Scum Nym just seems like a waste. Chips for the cruise missile crit during closing has worked wonders.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyonero posted:

FFG is switching to a random draw for their non-Star Wars World Championships: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/30/your-chance-to-compete/

I wonder if they'll the same for the Star Wars games. I'd imagine so. Selfishly I hope not, since I live 5 minutes from their HQ and have never had an issue getting in, but I get that this is probably a better option for most people.

Random draw is going to turbofuck Aussie/Euro players. Most people here start planning 6 months out to go. With this event people are going to have a week or two notice they will have tickets which pretty much makes it impossible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Engine + Advanced sensors, in addition to making you the best arc dodger in the game, allows you to "hug" a ship to death. That's where you dial in a move that, combined reposition options, ensures you bump every round. Drop the bomb, deal a couple damage, repeat next round.

Even if they escape for a round, you can probably start hugging again the next round.

I've hugged Rey, Dengar, QuickDraw, and assorted others to death.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Hopefully FFG hears that feedback. I think it's more like 8 weeks though for these non Star Wars games (September 8 notification, November 1 games), though I realize that is still difficult for international travel.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

To be honest "world championships" should probably be invite only and based on people winning regional events. They could host a big anybody who wants to come tournament around the same time.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They already have the big [only people who win X get to come] thing with the system open though. Plus theres only like 1 regional per every 3 states so it wouldnt be a very big event even accounting for every regional in the world. Worlds prob brings in a lot of loving money esp with food sales. Itd be stupid to make it smaller. I think worlds is fine the way it is tbh.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

November in the Midwest is a big nope

Kuklops
Dec 28, 2014
what's wrong with November? (live in MN)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kuklops posted:

what's wrong with November? (live in MN)

I'm going to guess potential blizzards?

I'm in SD and other than hunting season that's all I can think of.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Just a reminder that FFG holds two worlds. November for non-Star Wars and May for Star Wars. Start of November here is 99% fine for weather. Just never get a native Minnesotan talking about the Halloween blizzard.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

So the mystery Star Wars SKU. Saw some speculation that it could be a reskin of Warhammer Quest game. $30 seems cheap for that though, it used to retail at $40.

Some dude on reddit swears that he has proof that it's an X-Wing product, but he can't share it because it's from his girlfriend who lives in Canada it would expose his source.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

canyoneer posted:

So the mystery Star Wars SKU. Saw some speculation that it could be a reskin of Warhammer Quest game. $30 seems cheap for that though, it used to retail at $40.

Some dude on reddit swears that he has proof that it's an X-Wing product, but he can't share it because it's from his girlfriend who lives in Canada it would expose his source.

Well, at least we won't have to speculate for much longer.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

canyoneer posted:

I have an uncle who works at Nintendo and

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
It's FFGs newest venture. Lightsaber sex toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Wave 11 and 12 design process

• Locked thread