Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Policenaut posted:

I'm interested in seeing where that Majima side-story in Kiwami 2 goes.

Nightmare sequence where you have to win toys using a grabber for ten different kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Zanael posted:

Went straight to the Tachibana estate and couldn't get into my comfy real estate lair, so sad.
Looks like it's a chiropractic's office now. I bet that guy doesn't even have GOD HANDS.

edit: Probably should've just bought this on PSN instead of getting the overpriced steelbook edition at Gamestop, but whatever

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 30, 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Doc Morbid posted:

Looks like it's a chiropractic's office now. I bet that guy doesn't even have GOD HANDS.

edit: Probably should've just bought this on PSN instead of getting the overpriced steelbook edition at Gamestop, but whatever

They both cost the exact same, though.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

What

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Beelerzebub posted:

They both cost the exact same, though.
Well, not in :finland: they don't. I figured they would cost the same so I just bought the physical copy while grumbling about the price, but the PSN release turned out to be 20 euros cheaper. :gonk:

gently caress Gamestop.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The :krad: steelbook alone is almost worth the price for me. I'm a sucker for steelbook cases anyway, but this one is incredible, and will probably be the best I ever own.

Doc Morbid posted:

Well, not in :finland: they don't. I figured they would cost the same so I just bought the physical copy while grumbling about the price, but the PSN release turned out to be 20 euros cheaper. :gonk:

gently caress Gamestop.

Yikes. okay, that's pretty ridiculous. Any idea why that might be?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Amazon sent me the regular edition and not the steel book so I had to go to GameStop to get it. I ordered it on Amazon to avoid a trip to GameStop! :argh:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

It's probably a combination of everything being stupid expensive in Finland, and Gamestop being Gamestop.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The despicable Jeffrey P Bezos personally screwed me on delivery of my Yakuza steelbook. It hasn't even shipped out by yesterday afternoon so I cancelled it and supported a local game shop

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jeffrey Bezos gave me my copy a day early

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

SpacePig posted:

The :krad: steelbook alone is almost worth the price for me. I'm a sucker for steelbook cases anyway, but this one is incredible, and will probably be the best I ever own.

I am too. I dropped an extra $5 on Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 for the Steelbook. I also bought Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy physically for the Steelbook. I'm beginning to think I have an issue.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Jeffrey Bezos personally delivered my copy, but crammed it into my apartment's mailbox in such a weird way that the case might've been damaged slightly if it weren't a steelbook. Calm down, Jeff!

Beelerzebub posted:

I am too. I dropped an extra $5 on Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 for the Steelbook. I also bought Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy physically for the Steelbook. I'm beginning to think I have an issue.

Despite it being one of my favorite games of all time, I wouldn't have bought the Valkyria Chronicles remaster if it weren't in a steelbook, and my only problem with the Yakuza 6 Special Edition (which I'm still ordering regardless because christ what a good set) is that it does not come in a steelbook case. I also have an issue.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 30, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jeff Bezos is the head of the Dojima clan in Shin Yakuza and he makes old man move to Seattle to run his warehouse. You get your pay docked everytime you send someone the wrong game.

(I'm not mad. They're gonna refund me and I needed to buy some socks and a soldering iron with the Amazon fun bucks anyway.)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought Kenzan years ago thoroughly intending to play it but it turns out I'm really bad at playing games I don't understand.

I didn't have an issue with it (knowing no Japanese). ThePatrick's guide on GameFAQS is really good, and you can use KHHsubs or Egomaniac's LP for subbed videos.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Stelas posted:

So far the substories feel a bit lackluster. They've all just been fight->done with not a great deal of amusing talky stuff, but then I'm super early on so who knows. I get the vague feeling that for $30 this is basically a holdover title until Y6 comes along but, whatever, still fun and I never actually played Y1 directly.

Yeah, I'm having this feeling as well. Substories are less interesting, enemies reuse moves and attack combos from 0, there are less side activities, etc... Still fun, though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah, I'm having this feeling as well. Substories are less interesting, enemies reuse moves and attack combos from 0, there are less side activities, etc... Still fun, though.

I mean it is important to remember this is still a PS2 game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Also, the absurdity doesn't really start until 2, at pretty much the exact moment you are by a mobster to have fun, and accidentally knock over a certain wall revealing what their idea of fun is. I believe that that moment is the exact turning point of the series.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How do you draw the weapon you equip in the inventory in Kiwami?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

projecthalaxy posted:

Press the dpad for whichever stance you're in or double tap a different one

VVV: zero had a dpad direction specifically for weapons, iirc you had to go into the pause menu if you wanted to change to dragon stance

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 30, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

projecthalaxy posted:

I never figured this out in 0 either :downs:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

projecthalaxy posted:

Just press whatever stance you're in again and you can stay in that stance and pull out an equipped weapon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh cool. I think i tried that but i guess not. Would have been useful when i was pounding on Shimano at the funeral for like 8 minutes. I bought a knife but couldn't use it. I am also bad at climax actions and possibly life itself.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Policenaut posted:

I'm interested in seeing where that Majima side-story in Kiwami 2 goes.

I need to check the trailer again, but it looks like it's going to be a follow-up to his story in 0, right?

Also I dunno if they redid the scene, but Majima's introduction in Kiwami is put in an interesting new light after playing Zero.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It doesn't make a lot of sense after 0. He wasn't really the character he is now in 1.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

PunkBoy posted:

I need to check the trailer again, but it looks like it's going to be a follow-up to his story in 0, right?

Also I dunno if they redid the scene, but Majima's introduction in Kiwami is put in an interesting new light after playing Zero.

Was Majima almost about to stab that guy in the original release?

I like how some random mook is the closest he's ever come to murdering somebody and it's treated like no big deal

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm pretty sure that alley scene was exactly the same as the original, but I could be wrong. He for sure very badly wanted to hurt the guy. I don't know that he was necessarily trying to kill him, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kiwami honestly just made it come across to me as "he's really trying to force a fight here."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

SpacePig posted:

I'm pretty sure that alley scene was exactly the same as the original, but I could be wrong. He for sure very badly wanted to hurt the guy. I don't know that he was necessarily trying to kill him, though.

I was more thinking about Majima's philosophy that the world isn't a logical place, and getting visibly angry when Kiryu insists on being a "proper" Yakuza, even when threatened.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 30, 2017

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

:argh:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Anyone know where you get better darts?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

Also, the absurdity doesn't really start until 2, at pretty much the exact moment you are by a mobster to have fun, and accidentally knock over a certain wall revealing what their idea of fun is. I believe that that moment is the exact turning point of the series.

yea 1 isn't exactly 100% straight laced but this very much was the first game of the series where they didn't want to go balls to the wall yet. Most of 1 is just a pretty solid crime story and then maybe if you like you can play some dart and bowl between your Big Money Mystery moments. 2 is when they go 'ok people bought it, they like what we're doing? Cool, put THAT CLUB in'.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

I stomped on his rear end lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJ2u45q2kY

For darts in Kiwami you can buy one from the pawn shop near your base but it costs a poo poo ton of monies

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

I like that Majima is ashamed for you too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Man I can't quite put my finger on why but officer stop anf frisk seems a little tougher in Kiwami than 0. Instead of lectures he just beats me brainless with a bat???

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

Man I can't quite put my finger on why but officer stop anf frisk seems a little tougher in Kiwami than 0. Instead of lectures he just beats me brainless with a bat???

He's really changed these last seventeen years... from afraid of punks to taking us on with a bat. I'm proud of him.

Still you'd figure he'd be a detective at least by now instead of just a beat cop. :thunk:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

U.K. Preorders for 6 are live on shopto, just put in for the expensive ripoff edition.

Haven't had time to crack open kiwami yet :(

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if they'll just develop a full-on Majima Yakuza game since they keep expanding his appearances (and making him playable) in these remakes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Jimbot posted:

I wonder if they'll just develop a full-on Majima Yakuza game since they keep expanding his appearances (and making him playable) in these remakes.

I know I've said it before, give me the Majima construction company simulator.

With a side Cabaret Club minigame.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Has it been said that Kiryu's voice actor is playing Kenshiro in Fist of the North Gotoku? Cuz that's pretty incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

He's really changed these last seventeen years... from afraid of punks to taking us on with a bat. I'm proud of him.

Still you'd figure he'd be a detective at least by now instead of just a beat cop. :thunk:

same pay grade, half the heartburn.