Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Hey guys, in addition to calling for genocide & being solidly behind Trump, guess what else the Alt-Right/White Gnats/Nazis do with alarming frequency & without shame?

They LIE.

taking the red pill exposes you to the *truth*, actually. loving nimrod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Hey guys, in addition to calling for genocide & being solidly behind Trump, guess what else the Alt-Right/White Gnats/Nazis do with alarming frequency & without shame?

They LIE.

Yeah they do. And it seems to transcend generations, from the younger ones creating online false flags 4chan-style and the older ones spraypainting "Blacks Rule" on their driveways. The one thing they have in common is they always get caught because they're unable to actually look at things from someone else's perspective enough to be convincing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Unless they happen to find one of the plethora of liberals whose scepticism towards nazis is overruled by their desire to believe bad stuff about the left, of course.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

cargo cult posted:

its weird how vox wapo, local bay area media and pelosi all simultaenously bothsidesed in the same 18 hour period :thunk:

it's not weird at all lol. the emails leak literally proved that dems have "friendly" journos that they coordinate with. they did it to attack sanders and i'm sure they do it for many other things as well. maggie haberman was one of the names mentioned in the emails

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Antifas isn't a singular thing. An antifas bloc could is different from city to city, region to region, and even event from event.

They share a core ethos(SMASH FASH) but some are much more militant than others.

The Berkeley Antifas bloc tends to be pretty drat militant. The Right-Wingers knows this and they are going to try and trigger Berkeley antifas into a Left-Wing extremist Cville.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I found a facebook page for presumably an antifa group in my area but since they've made 6 posts since January that were all "message this page if you want to join the antifa" and every single reply to all of those posts was young white men posting "antifa are the real fascists" memes I'm gonna assume this is another one o those false flags

I wonder how much of the antifa online presence is like this because I've yet to see anything that wasn't obviously run by nazis

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I found a facebook page for presumably an antifa group in my area but since they've made 6 posts since January that were all "message this page if you want to join the antifa" and every single reply to all of those posts was young white men posting "antifa are the real fascists" memes I'm gonna assume this is another one o those false flags

I wonder how much of the antifa online presence is like this because I've yet to see anything that wasn't obviously run by nazis

If you want to join, the best thing to do is go where they are and meet them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if you're like in your 30s and esp if you're non-white or otherwise somebody who's going to be absolutely hosed by the police/courts, you should probably just join a more organized, less militant leftist group and not worry about it

let a bunch of teenagers and undergrads who'll get off light and don't have anything else to offer a movement besides energy and anger do the punching imo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
or old rear end angry punks who're used to it. but anyway you get the point

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
oh that poor, poor "reporter"

https://itsgoingdown.org/keith-campbell-deep-history-alt-right-trolling-and-provocation/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
also big lol at trying to make like antifa is a big nationally organized group with leadership and any goal besides "beat Nazis back into submission like the cowards they are"

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.alternet.org/activism/media-busy-creating-left-wing-threat-balance-out-awful-racist-right-wing-hordes-who

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
hi, im a member of antifa.

i went down to the local chapter office and met the regional president. After I took the oath of allegiance to george soros on a copy of das kapital I was issued my hoodie, painters mask and a can of bear mace.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Slugnoid posted:

hi, im a member of antifa.

i went down to the local chapter office and met the regional president. After I took the oath of allegiance to george soros on a copy of das kapital I was issued my hoodie, painters mask and a can of bear mace.

you better be able to do the handshake

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
soros check where???

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
at my initiation... i was taught to be cautious

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/dragonflyjonez/status/903010726012489733

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
pretty sure Jeb is just concern trolling :v:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/surfbordt/status/902939887481040896

eric garland is such a loving herb lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Thiessen's articles have appeared in the Los Angeles Times, National Review, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Weekly Standard, USA Today and other publications.
Since 2009, Thiessen is a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution.

lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

cargo cult posted:

its weird how vox wapo, local bay area media and pelosi all simultaenously bothsidesed in the same 18 hour period :thunk:

its almost like there's a common denominator of funding for the people writing these articles

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

neocon welfare baby

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Captain_Maclaine posted:

We're upset that those who ought be at least grudgingly willing to tolerate distasteful allies are instead slagging on them in the face of much worse people, whom they seem suspiciously willing to allow as much agency as they like provided they've applied for the right permits. You fucker. You absolute cowardly poo poo.

i can't believe so many people are calling the president of the DSA "the clown prince of the alt-right"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tiffani noooo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jeb Rep has trouble understanding that the premises of liberal discourse are dogshit. If antifa is "counterproductive" it's only because liberal media has completely dispensed with even the most basic obligations of journalistic rigour, and given space in their editorial pages for reactionaries to spew their lies uncritically. This is not journalism or discourse, but a triangulation of editorialism.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Aug 31, 2017

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Three prior felony convictions if memory serves. His first appearance was weeks after getting off probation. Reason we haven't seen him around much at actual rallies though is the latest charges dangling over his head methinks.

something tells me that if he were black, his bail for his recent arrest would've been ten times higher, and he never would've gotten out, even with the MAGA internet hordes donating to him

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol yeah, enlisting in the nazi military/police force sure is a great way to fight nazis

:fuckoff:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Jeb Rep has trouble understanding that the premises of liberal discourse are dogshit. If antifa is "counterproductive" it's only because liberal media has completely dispensed with even the most basic obligations of journalistic rigour, and given space in their editorial pages for reactionaries to spew their lies uncritically. This is not journalism or discourse, but a triangulation of editorialism.

*farts loudly*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is a good post.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks, you should make some.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Thanks, you should make some.

Failing that, just stop posting

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I think that well-off liberals of the type who call out antifa, mostly grew up in a sheltered bubble where they never experienced any violence whatsoever. Which is good of course, but it can skew their perception of what is "right" or necessary, in some circumstances. Their parents largely grew up in a similar manner to them, and told them growing up that all violence is bad, and if they're bullied, the best course of action is to turn the other cheek/ignore it, and that advice has actually worked for most of these people, because most of them never were bullied (not the serious physical kind, at least), never saw or were involved in street fights, fights at school, etc, etc. They think ignoring violent, hateful people actually works, because what other alternative is there, from their point of view? Violence loving terrifies them, because it's so alien, and even worse, they don't know how to do it effectively themselves...violence is like, what the military, and gang members, and the Nazis do!! Not a normal person like themself! Punching? lmbo, what an outrageous idea! But they forget what it was that beat the nazis last time they tried to genocide everyone: a loving unimaginable poo poo ton of violence.

but that's just part of it

people are just really fuckin dumb too, and stupid and bad, and some of these"noooo antifa bad" idiots are simply afraid of being next in line for the guillotine

thank u for listening, anti-nazi friends

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

violence now and forever

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Office Pig posted:

violence now and forever

:killing:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

me first, skeletons are impervious to tear gas

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals have no grounds to complain about antifa when they do nothing about nazis.

Honestly, here is a sequence of events I see as plausible:
  • antifa declared a gang because of dumb poo poo liberals and neocons.
  • tons of arrests, antifa in jail
  • nazis, have nothing to fear anymore, start large demonstrations unopposed
  • some liberals say mean things about nazis, but they continue to do nothing, some will probably blame antifa because they're that cucked, and thereby absolve fascists
  • liberals inevitably lose to nazis, because they're terrified of them, refuse to grow a backbone and fight them, and also any potential allies they might have had in that fight are in jail, after the liberals put them there
  • It Happened Here

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Like I mean as a recovering conservative I still have some reservations about antifa but there is absolutely 0 reason to take action against them without taking action against the Proud Boys and that kind of poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Proud Boys are just Misguided Youth, antifa are Violent Thugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Failing that, just stop posting

Nah.