Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

brocked posted:

Also lol that Liverpool can't go a window without buying a Soton player, I hope they're in for Walcott next
You laugh, but we've been in for him before. Walcott is one of those players that always seemed very young to me, so I'm going to assume that hes still 19 and a good prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's probably dependent on Coutinho not from a financial point of view but more the fact that you can't have 8 midfielders on the pitch at once.

Why do people have this bizarre aversion to squad depth. We're a couple of injuries away from a Milner/Gruijic/Woodburn midfield. Lallana's out until Christmas, Henderson has repetitive injuries, Can might not be here next season... There's minutes available and both Klopp and Ox are happy with that.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Pat Mustard posted:

Stan Kroenke's American football team is apparently building a $2bn stadium.

I'm glad

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

chuggo is BACK posted:

apparently he turned down 220k a week at chelsea too hahaha

paying him more than Hazard is super believable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hadji murad posted:

paying him more than Hazard is super believable

its chelsea. you're really weird about a club owned by a russian billionaire

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Klopp will make Ox a decent player. The closest Wenger ever got to developing a player was when he poached Fabregas before Barca could legally give him a professional contract.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's probably dependent on Coutinho not from a financial point of view but more the fact that you can't have 8 midfielders on the pitch at once.

2008-2014 Spain would disagree with you :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

do liverpool even need coutinho anymore he'd not get in the first choice lineup

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gorn Myson posted:

You laugh, but we've been in for him before. Walcott is one of those players that always seemed very young to me, so I'm going to assume that hes still 19 and a good prospect.

Maybe you're thinking of Theo Walcott-Peters?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
where would lemar even play at lfc? backup to all 3 forward positions?

signed - someone who doesn't know much about lemar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

People tend to get all fired up about Lemar's "correct" position, but the reality is that he's young and versatile and a competent manager could fit him almost anywhere in attack. I think Wenger wanted him because he was reminded of Cazorla's versatility.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

The game against Palace showed that Liverpool have the same problems against sides that sit back and primarily defend. The midfield otherwise has a lot of running power in it, but not much of that playmaking ability you need when sides opt to stay compact instead of coming out to play in an open, expansive fashion.

Anyway, in almost every instance, Coutinho still starts as he is a tricky, crafty player who is good at set pieces.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Jose posted:

Of course he would

bewbies posted:

Probably, our backup right now (with current available players) is Sturridge or Firmino out of position. Again, we need squad depth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Of course he would

where?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

where?

In place of Can/Milner, looking at the last few games. Then move Henderson back a bit to allow Coutinho to play further up.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brony Car posted:

The game against Palace showed that Liverpool have the same problems against sides that sit back and primarily defend. The midfield otherwise has a lot of running power in it, but not much of that playmaking ability you need when sides opt to stay compact instead of coming out to play in an open, expansive fashion.

Anyway, in almost every instance, Coutinho still starts as he is a tricky, crafty player who is good at set pieces.

Straight swap, Sanchez for John Henry?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

In place of Can/Milner, looking at the last few games. Then move Henderson back a bit to allow Coutinho to play further up.

Can was really good in that position and coutinho probably can't tackle

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

Can was really good in that position and coutinho probably can't tackle

Yes, that's why I said you move Henderson back to that deeper role.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hendo will be injured again in about 3 weeks.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Coutinho's natural position is CM and he's quite pressy/tackly actually. Well as much as you would need to be when you are the most attacking in a midfield three.

Playing him there again is why Salah signed (along with Mane moving over to the left)

Pretend I drew code tags of Coutinho and Can in front of Henderson

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 30, 2017

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
FFS. Ox is up there with Ross Barkley as a player with no brain and little possibility to progress further that is at least 3x more expensive because they're English.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol Arsenal. That's I got. I would be worried that I'm not sure what Arsenal's plan is, but it is super obvious now that Kroenke is going to do a massive salary dump on this team just like he has any time one of his teams 'fail to achieve'. This is going to be an amazing Arsenal season. Wenger will be the (desrved) fall guy. Josh Kroenke will then try to 'money ball' in the EPL and this will lead to even more hilarity. I'm hype.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lol Arsenal. That's I got. I would be worried that I'm not sure what Arsenal's plan is, but it is super obvious now that Kroenke is going to do a massive salary dump on this team just like he has any time one of his teams 'fail to achieve'. This is going to be an amazing Arsenal season. Wenger will be the (desrved) fall guy. Josh Kroenke will then try to 'money ball' in the EPL and this will lead to even more hilarity. I'm hype.

The rams have been utter poo poo for like 15 years.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/LesVerts/status/903034262877863936

Mahrez has been authorised to leave Algeria's camp while he finalises a move to a new club

Place your bets

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Mahrez has been authorised to leave Algeria's camp while he finalises a move to a new club

Place your bets

I think London. Which bit is another matter.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Place your bets

https://twitter.com/juanjimenista/status/903019913333415936

I want to believe.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Place your bets

Sanchez to City, Mahrez to Arsenal, book it.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Barcelona taking on some more refugees I see

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I really have no idea what to think. Even a salary dump wouldn't make sense because Arsenal aren't losing money, unless they're just planning to be poo poo for the foreseeable future. That is possible now that I think about it.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I'd fancy Mahrez at Spurs. He'd be a good substitute for Lamela.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

I'd fancy Mahrez at Spurs. He'd be a good substitute for Lamela.

Is Lamela still injured? Did he play any of the summer friendlies?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Brony Car posted:

Is Lamela still injured? Did he play any of the summer friendlies?

He's slowly coming back to training but afaik he isn't doing a full session. Last I heard his target return is sometime in early October.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Place your bets

Welcome to Milan

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:getin:

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/903042349999239168

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I really have no idea what to think. Even a salary dump wouldn't make sense because Arsenal aren't losing money, unless they're just planning to be poo poo for the foreseeable future. That is possible now that I think about it.

I think being poo poo is a really dangerous game to play because all the 'poo poo' clubs are spending more than you and buying better players now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Byolante posted:

I think being poo poo is a really dangerous game to play because all the 'poo poo' clubs are spending more than you and buying better players now.

All of Kroenke's teams are basement dwellers. The Avalanche were horrific last season and aren't getting better, the Rapids likely will finish dead last in MLS, Rams have been awful for a decade and a half (as already pointed out), and the Nuggets have been trash for 3 years now as well. I had to double check that he didn't have anything to do with the Rockies, because they've also been trash forever. None of those teams can get relegated though. Whether or not Kroenke can pull that off would be impressive.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

All of Kroenke's teams are basement dwellers. The Avalanche were horrific last season and aren't getting better, the Rapids likely will finish dead last in MLS, Rams have been awful for a decade and a half (as already pointed out), and the Nuggets have been trash for 3 years now as well. I had to double check that he didn't have anything to do with the Rockies, because they've also been trash forever. None of those teams can get relegated though. Whether or not Kroenke can pull that off would be impressive.

If the only team in the top flight not to have earned promotion through playing football finally have to get back up there legitimately, that would make my decade.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i thought gibbs signed for west brom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

"I've made a huge mistake."

• Locked thread