Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

EbolaIvory posted:

You didn't set unrealistic expectations for yourself. That's why you're having fun.

If I would have gone into this expecting crystal clear visuals and zero loving around I'd be upset. But it's so fun and even non big budget titles have been fun.

Honestly, the reason I'm enjoying vr so much is because I was getting bored with and/or too old for what AAA gaming evolved into in the last 5-10 years. If someone told me a year ago that most VR games are like the weird, sort of awkward but still fun games of the early 2000s I would have bought my Vive a lot sooner. I appreciate that not everything has been 100% smoothed out for MAXIMUM CALCULATED ENJOYMENT and 4 months in I'm still actually surprised by each new game I play instead of feeling like I'm going through the motions. While the tech is kind of clumsy still, the games are the first ones I've actually enjoyed in a long time. I don't think I can ever enjoy another regular FPS after sinking 70+ hours into h3vr and pavlov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The latest Humble Bundle has American Truck Simulator at the $10 donation tier: https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-9

So, half price of what is is on Steam right now, plus a bunch of other games.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
I just finished Lone Echo and that was an incredible experience. Everyone should experience that game in my opinion.

My question is, are there any more games/experiences on that level of quality and immersion in VR?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

jubjub64 posted:

I just finished Lone Echo and that was an incredible experience. Everyone should experience that game in my opinion.

My question is, are there any more games/experiences on that level of quality and immersion in VR?

I would say no, but just because thats currently sitting at the top of the hill so any direction is going to be down, even if only slightly, at least in regards to the level of AAA quality in its presentation. That said, for my money there are a ton of really fun and engaging experiences besides that.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is wonderfully polished and immersive and also currently on sale for half price. It's best played with other people though.

Wilson's Heart has some issues, puzzles that hold your hand too much, a couple places of getting stuck because it never tells you to use both hands on some heavy objects, and not a lot of freedom of movement. That said however, as far as a high level of production quality and a good length single player story to experience, its one of the few up there towards lone echo. I rather enjoyed it, but you'll probably like it more if you go into it knowing its more of a 7 hour interactive story with some action scenes here and there, than either a pure action game or a walking simulator type game.

Batman Arkham VR is another super polished and well done experience, but I emphasize "experience". Its probably at best an hour long, but its an hour of AAA level refinement. Is it worth 20 bucks? Eh.... I dont' know, but if you can get it on sale, I think its work checking out.

Mage's Tale is a fun dungeon crawler with some wonderful looking dungeons, the spell system for crafting is pretty fun, and the exploration aspect is some of the best. There are secrets upon secrets that I haven't come close to finding and thats the real meat of it in my opinion, trying to find and unlock secret passages and puzzles. You could probably blaze through the game if you ignored hunting for any secrets at all in under 10 hours, but otherwise its one of the lengthier experiences.

Obduction is pretty darn fantstic if #1 you like Myst and exploration puzzle games, and 2# you aren't running minimum specs (the game is a resource hog). It looks wonderful, it really puts you into the feeling of another world, and the best part is the puzzles mostly feel like you're really just problem solving in this strange world, and not trying to do a bunch of artificial rubix cube puzzles or something like so many myst clones did in the 90's.

The Climb is probably right up there in visual quality with anything, and it can be a very pretty and relaxing game, but it certainly doesn't have any sort of story or campaign or anything to it so I'm a little reluctant to put it on this list, but the visual fidelity is there.

Arizona Sunshine is generally well regarded but I haven't personally played it so I can't really speak much to it specifically, but it's worth checking out.

Killing Floor incursion just came out, it sounds alright, and visually looks nice. I think I've heard its around 4-5 hours long for the campaign? Again, like Arizona I haven't played it so I can't really speak to it.

Edge of Nowhere is a phenomenal single player experience, still one of my favorite VR games, but, that said it's not the same kind of immersive as the other things mentioned as its a 3rd person stealth/platformer. If you like those kinds of games, if you are a Lovecraft fan at all, you'll probably really enjoy it too.

Chronos is another 3rd person game, an action RPG. Wonderful looking and a nice long single player game over 10 hours, I love it, but like edge of nowhere, I'm also a bit hesitant including it on a list of things tickling that Lone Echo itch, as it is 3rd person.

It's not out yet, but Arktika.1 is a game coming soon (probably september or october) that the metro devs have been working on for the last few years thats absolutely going to have visuals up there with Lone Echo, and a full length single player game. Who knows if it will be any good though since its not out yet, but, one to keep an eye on.

I'm sure theres a ton of stuff I'm forgetting off the top of my head, and I didn't even touch all the super fun multiplayer games, or simple looking indie games that are an absolute and total blast to play. If you want a list of single player games with a similar level of polish to Lone Echo though, thats the best list I can come up with right now.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Bhodi posted:

oh god dammit ubisoft, it requires uplay so you can't launch it from VR, you have to take the headset off and then launch it manually

loving hell guys, dump your poo poo launcher already

still, it's a good price point at $25 and I'll pick it up :/

No you don't need to take the headset off to launch it manually. Not sure why you're spreading something that is completely false. Uplay is what allows it to have cross play with Rift and PSVR.

I have both Werewolves Within and Star Trek (both use Uplay) and I've been able to launch both games from steam vr without taking my headset off.

I don't understand the irrational hate for Uplay. When it comes to VR, Uplay is amazing since I can add PSVR people to my friends list and play with them.

What headset are you on? I'm on the Vive

iceaim fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 30, 2017

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Bridge Crew and the crossplay it has allowed has 100% made me positive of uplay after years of being in the negative camp.
Playing with buddies who are all a mix of PSVR, Vive and Oculus is how gaming should be. It just works.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Review of the Microsoft Mixed Reality controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1SNSK46ixw

Nothing really surprising other than the LEDs being visible light. I was assuming Oculus-style IR.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Windlands is 5 bucks, time to see if my VR legs are as good as I think they are :popeye:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sairento seems pretty good, but also joins GORN on the "maybe wait to play once I get a bigger place" shelf. drat near broke a finger playing it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

iceaim posted:

No you don't need to take the headset off to launch it manually. Not sure why you're spreading something that is completely false. Uplay is what allows it to have cross play with Rift and PSVR.

I have both Werewolves Within and Star Trek (both use Uplay) and I've been able to launch both games from steam vr without taking my headset off.

I don't understand the irrational hate for Uplay. When it comes to VR, Uplay is amazing since I can add PSVR people to my friends list and play with them.

What headset are you on? I'm on the Vive

It's been awhile since I first played Star Trek, but I do remember having to take my headset off and fiddle with something related to Uplay the first time I launched it. But it was only that one time and it launched fine from VR every time after that.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Warbird posted:

Sairento seems pretty good, but also joins GORN on the "maybe wait to play once I get a bigger place" shelf. drat near broke a finger playing it.

Sairento is the only game to make me eat poo poo in my living room. Do not attempt to look sideways while backflipping

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Wintermutant posted:

It's been awhile since I first played Star Trek, but I do remember having to take my headset off and fiddle with something related to Uplay the first time I launched it. But it was only that one time and it launched fine from VR every time after that.

Yeah, sometimes it'll tell you there's a problem or to log in, then after it should be fine. I think sometimes I had to launch the game more than once before it'd work

iceaim
May 20, 2001

So I've been playing New Vegas in VR using VorpX sitting with a mouse and keyboard for about 97 hours.

But I got inspired by the fact that people were playing Resident Evil 7 and that Alien Isolation VR mod standing with a controller. So I decided to try it with New Vegas in VR and holy poo poo does it up the immersion level. Since I was playing New Vegas before on a couch, I was limited to looking left and right but not having a full 360 degree range of turning. As a result I turned my character ingame using a mouse.

Now I turn with my whole body and have a full range of positional and rotational movement. It's now a completely room scale game. I can do stuff like crawl under tables, wiggle into corners I am not supposed to, etc. I use the wireless Xbox One controller, and I use its joystick to move forward, back, strafe left, strafe, right, etc. I use my head for aiming and looking around the world. The headset + wireless controller combo is fantastic for well supported VorpX games like New Vegas. This feels almost like a native VR experience now, and at the very least gives early non-Touch Oculus stuff a run for their money. This feels just as good as the Doom 3 VR mod and that had full motion controls.

I can't wait to try VorpX out on the Bioshock games. I'd love to see how Oblivion does on VorpX too.

iceaim fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 30, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BMan posted:

Windlands is 5 bucks, time to see if my VR legs are as good as I think they are :popeye:

Its a wild ride but hooo boy will it test your vr legs.

The swinging mostly feels great, its the turning/walking around that feels super funny. Well, some of the swinging gets intense too, I guess.

iceaim posted:

So I've been playing New Vegas in VR using VorpX sitting with a mouse and keyboard for about 97 hours.

But I got inspired by the fact that people were playing Resident Evil 7 and that Alien Isolation VR mod standing with a controller. So I decided to try it with New Vegas in VR and holy poo poo does it up the immersion level.

Yeah I found HL2 worked way better in VR when I stood up rather than sitting down. Your brain just knows you're sitting and that doesn't jive with most games.

Like I said awhile back, we may be in for some wheelchair protagonists for VR games :cheeky:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Zaphod42 posted:

Like I said awhile back, we may be in for some wheelchair protagonists for VR games :cheeky:

I keep kicking around the idea of using a modified wheelchair as an input device. Put some rotary encoders on the wheels, add some drill motors to provide "force feedback", and there you go. If you're really ambitious some kind of differential assembly connected to the wheels and a central support point could even make the chair rotate appropriately.

I'm not sure how one would make a full on game out of it, but I could certainly see such a thing being usable by various accessibility awareness orgs with minigames to demonstrate some of the less obvious complications experienced by people in chairs, or by architects and interior designers to simulate the usability of their creations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Mr Plinkett Police Shootout VR

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The whole game should be just like the intro to the new Wolfenstein game except over the course of entire game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a wild ride but hooo boy will it test your vr legs.

The swinging mostly feels great, its the turning/walking around that feels super funny. Well, some of the swinging gets intense too, I guess.

Yeah I found HL2 worked way better in VR when I stood up rather than sitting down. Your brain just knows you're sitting and that doesn't jive with most games.

I don't know if it was from sitting down, but the HL2 VR beta always felt like it was 2/3 scale or something. Maybe the IPD was just off.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm considering setting up a large room in my house as the VR room, but i want my computer to remain in the somewhat smaller media room (yes im a bachelor :v:) and i have some mostly USB related questions.

1: The more extender cables i put between my system and the sensors/headset the more the signal degrades, am i correct? Can i negate that somehow?
2: Does more extender cables also put a increased drain on my USB recources? Like, might i need to buy another USB card?

3: The non-USB one. How large a play area can i actually create with 3x Rift sensors, has anyone tested the limits?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know if it was from sitting down, but the HL2 VR beta always felt like it was 2/3 scale or something. Maybe the IPD was just off.
Another problem with non-native VR games, the world scale is hosed. Played some Alien the other day and whenever Amanda's hands come up her arms are so tiny but everything in the environment looks huge.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dongattack posted:

I'm considering setting up a large room in my house as the VR room, but i want my computer to remain in the somewhat smaller media room (yes im a bachelor :v:) and i have some mostly USB related questions.

1: The more extender cables i put between my system and the sensors/headset the more the signal degrades, am i correct? Can i negate that somehow?
2: Does more extender cables also put a increased drain on my USB recources? Like, might i need to buy another USB card?

3: The non-USB one. How large a play area can i actually create with 3x Rift sensors, has anyone tested the limits?

Neither HDMI nor USB like extensions. A 10 foot extension is really all you'll be able to get away with and even then it will usually require an active cable. I'd look in to moving the PC to your VR room and using game streaming for your computer on the tv in the media room.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
How's Everspace? Had my eye on it, even before I could play it on Rift. Looks pretty on the outside.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GutBomb posted:

Neither HDMI nor USB like extensions. A 10 foot extension is really all you'll be able to get away with and even then it will usually require an active cable. I'd look in to moving the PC to your VR room and using game streaming for your computer on the tv in the media room.

How does the streaming work? Will i need to use my internet connection (which is very bad) or can i use a dedicated cable between them or something like that?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dongattack posted:

How does the streaming work? Will i need to use my internet connection (which is very bad) or can i use a dedicated cable between them or something like that?

You can buy a steamlink, which goes on sale sometimes, you can stream anything from the computer. It loads up steam in big picture mode, but you can exit that and it just shows the desktop and you can do whatever a computer normally would do. I bought one for 15 dollars during the last steam sale, but it's 50 dollars normally. It works over LAN, no internet needed. Though there is some input lag. You probably can't play twitch shooters, but you can play a slower paced game.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 31, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Cojawfee posted:

You can buy a steamlink, which goes on sale sometimes, you can stream anything from the computer. It loads up steam in big picture mode, but you can exit that and it just shows the desktop and you can do whatever a computer normally would do. I bought one for 15 dollars during the last steam sale, but it's 50 dollars normally. It works over LAN, no internet needed. Though there is some input lag. You probably can't play twitch shooters, but you can play a slower paced game.

On good wired network with a good pc I notice no input lag. Wireless I do notice it. So on gig wired it's fine.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Interesting. Thank you!

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Yesterday I finally got my Summer Sale Rift ( 5 weeks after ordering ) and I still haven't managed to wipe the poo poo eating grin off my face. Had it delivered into work, so yesterday was spent demoing First Contact for work colleagues and that was great. Once I got it home and after I let the missus and my sons have a play, I spent an hour playing Lone Echo ( which was great), watched an episode of The Expanse using Bigscreen VR ( which was great ), and an hour playing H3VR ( which was cool, but made clear that I need that 3rd sensor so I stop occluding the sensors ). I also had a play with Google Earth ( which was great but I wished it incorporated street view ) and Boulevard ( Virtual art gallery - the controls are a bit naff, but once figured out the actual experience was quite nice ) and Aircar ( looks great but drives slow, I wanted to go faster ).

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Dongattack posted:

The longest USB (3.0 at least) extension cable I've heard someone report as working fine for them wrt the sensors was this 10m one. I would Imagine thats quickly reaching a limit, though I suppose if you had a powered USB hub you might be able to get more out of it? The real problem is the HDMI cable. They really don't like to be extended super far. You could try some powered HDMI extensions or repeaters and maybe have luck? Its a gamble though for sure trying to run everything to a whole different room.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I steam often stream MMOs, Warframe and Insurgency to my laptop, usually over the internet even, and the input lag is really barely noticeable until you go beyond some 30-40ms of ping. Sure, you won't play quake or whatever quite at the level you would normally, but anything not that speedy is perfectly fine. By far the biggest issue is trying to stream over a spotty connection in my experience (i.e. wifi), because you'll get intermittent hiccups that'll cause a headache real quick, rather than input lag.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Tom Guycot posted:

The longest USB (3.0 at least) extension cable I've heard someone report as working fine for them wrt the sensors was this 10m one. I would Imagine thats quickly reaching a limit, though I suppose if you had a powered USB hub you might be able to get more out of it? The real problem is the HDMI cable. They really don't like to be extended super far. You could try some powered HDMI extensions or repeaters and maybe have luck? Its a gamble though for sure trying to run everything to a whole different room.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/extension_cables

You can run massive cables. I'd gander you could possibly stack with actives and really push those numbers as well. Still, Theres some long loving cables.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 31, 2017

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Pavlov is so much goddamn fun. Just had a mostly knives/nades facility match with some coworkers and some randos, and ended up mainly massacring myself or teammates. Turns out if you throw a knife underhanded, it flies at like 70mph and will bounce off of walls and kill dudes.

Ended up smacking my desk and ceiling a few times, might need to adjust my play area a little, lol. I only have about a 5.75'x6' playable area so to make it work with some stuff I had to extend it right up against a wall and a hair over my desk, but that only poses a problem with situations where I extend my arms fully and am a little too close to the bounds.

I did discover I could set the floor bounds to be always visible, which has been a huge help, I just need to be more careful with games like Pavlov where there can be a fair amount of quick movement.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
For any significant cable run you'll need fibre converters, anything copper based is so far out of spec that your experience will suck rear end.

I mean, technically USB2 can go 25 m with powered hubs, but just no.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cojawfee posted:

IDK It felt pretty good to me. It was the DK2 days though so everything was pretty lo-fi compared to what we have now, so maybe I just didn't even notice. Could be IPD like you say.

homeless snail posted:

Another problem with non-native VR games, the world scale is hosed. Played some Alien the other day and whenever Amanda's hands come up her arms are so tiny but everything in the environment looks huge.

In PCars the world looks great but the steering wheel looks kinda huge. But they actually let you change the world scale variable so you can tweak it to taste! More VR games need this, especially non-native like you said.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

In PCars the world looks great but the steering wheel looks kinda huge. But they actually let you change the world scale variable so you can tweak it to taste! More VR games need this, especially non-native like you said.

Games from the last 5 years or so have gotten a lot better in this regard but the problem is when scale is inconsistent, FPS environments aren't designed to be viewed from the perspective of an actual human. It's an art asset problem, it can't really be changed without manually editing the size of every object in the game and fixing the myriad of issues that stem from that.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I put on my headset in Australia and sat next to a guy from Texas in Bigscreen while we both watched a giant realtime image of him in real-life, wearing his headset, taken from his webcam, green screen superimposed on a live image of New York. VR can be weird sometimes.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 31, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Killing Floor incursion or Mage's Tale? Want a good narrative and good gameplay mechanics. Thinking Mage's Tale since there's already lots of shooter type games.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Also many of the people replying on cable extensions are incorrect.

I use this hdmi cable

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0186DNF4K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this usb over ethernet cable adaptor

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013VP3372/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it works perfectly with 40 feet of cabling.

edit: I should note this works with Vive, not sure on Rift as you'd need to fill up the USB ports on the adapter. For what it's worth I've had a ps4 controller, a wheel and the vive all working on it at the same time with no issues.

edit: I do still need to move my PC into the living room when I have guests so I can run an hdmi to the TV. I've tried streaming over chromecast but it is extremely laggy and kills my performance. Would a steamlink be a good option to stream the image from my PC to TV?

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 31, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ALSO, wow, massive GORN update. Massive.

TRIALS!

http://imgur.com/Ro52SHb
Per-weapon score attack trials that you unlock alongside each weapon!
Test your skills with each weapon in the new TRIALS mode accessible by pressing the button by each weapon’s unlock display. Each weapon has a unique trial.
We’re testing out this idea, so feedback is welcomed! Which are your favourite and least favourite trials? Are they too long, or too short? Eventually we’d like to add some small unlockable for each, a harder mode for each, as well as leaderboards when the game is closer to completion.
http://imgur.com/K13piLB

CUSTOM GAME MODE!

http://imgur.com/1n7d43L
A “custom game” mode with dozens of settings to tweak!
After unlocking endless mode and obtaining at least 15 kills, a new floor is unlocked where you can tweak various game settings.
Game too easy, or too hard? Want to beat up on a bunch of tiny but giant-headed man-babies? No gravity? Immortal(ish) enemies? Want to see what life would be like as a GORN spectator and just watch gladiators go at it? Maybe experience what it’d be like to be the world’s deadliest ant? Now you can finally get the GORN experience you’ve always wanted!
Suggestions for new custom game options are also welcomed!
http://imgur.com/InRsaMQ

HONEYBADGERS!

MF HONEYBADGERS!!!
http://imgur.com/2vW6BYF

ASYMMETRIC LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!

Other people can play along using gamepads!
You can now take control of enemy gladiators in the Custom modes! Play with up to FOUR players, with or against the VR player as a GORN gladiator!
Simply press “START” on any XBox gamepad connected to the computer while in Custom to activate this mode.
We’re testing this out and will still make refinements to the mode, so feedback is welcomed. Our favourite way to play is “Crawl” mode - whoever manages to defeat the VR player gets the next turn in VR.
http://imgur.com/eQKykBO

TWO NEW CHAMPIONS!

http://imgur.com/ikFHUbB
Face down the most nimble and elusive Champion to ever set foot in the arena, or cower in terror before the awesome might of the mysterious BADGERMANCER!
http://imgur.com/5Jbotgv

PHYSICS IMPROVEMENTS!

Hundreds of physics improvements to weapons and enemies!
Man, we don’t even know where to start… Two handed weapons re-designed and rebuilt from scratch. They should behave FAR more consistently, especially in the hands of enemy gladiators. The hammer has been buffed significantly and is now deemed OP by testers (just like every other weapon in the game)! This is the first time we’ve felt that the two handed weapons behave close to how they should, so we’re pretty stoked. The spear is now far more powerful as a stabbing weapon and can now be used to lift enemies off the ground! On a related note, you can now deal damage by smashing enemies against the terrain! All weapons have been tweaked to be less “springy”, and feel stronger and heavier. Flailing is slightly less effective than before. Significant but subtle changes to how damage and knock calculations are performed - hopefully to be a bit more consistent than before. Enemies are less jiggly, have more moveable parts, and have had their attacks tweaked. FAR fewer random physics explosions (though some do still occur). Arena knockouts behave more consistently. Should be easier to grab the thing that you intend to off the ground! Better combo potential with fists/nunchucks. Disarm enemies by damaging their hands! Stab consistency improvements. And plenty of other stuff we’ve forgotten...
http://imgur.com/GAeM11v

MASSIVE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS!

The game runs at a higher framerate overall, and the times when the FPS spikes has been reduced. In addition, there are some basic quality settings now to help address this.

MORE OPTIONS!

New options for easy mode - you deal a little bit of extra damage, and time slows down whenever you get hit. New options for locomotion - switch the GORN style movement to use the grip button for Vive users, and we’ve added an option to have a control to rotate your playspace for those without 360 tracking setups. The controls on Rift should also make a bit more sense. Quality options - If you’re still having framerate issues, these might help. If you do have framerate issues, let us know if these options help or not! GRAPHICS OVERHAUL! EVEN MORE BLOOD!!
Our art team has been kicking rear end and so we have new art for the enemies and a whole overhaul of the arena! Common theme here - let us know what you think. Early Access yay!
New blood! We initially changed it for performance reasons, but we really do prefer the new look! Also it allows us to have MORE BLOOD!
http://imgur.com/v3FogpG

THIRD PERSON CAMERA!

Press SPACE to toggle camera angle and to check out your friend’s sweet moves in glorious third person perspective!
Use WASDEQ to control the motion of the camera.
http://imgur.com/GCk0GX8

DIFFICULTY AND OTHER GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

Although we didn’t have time to give the campaign structure a proper re-work this update, we’ve still addressed a few bugs and issues that caused later levels to be harder than intended. There is much more to do on this front, but it’s certainly much better in this update.
We’ve also addressed a few issues with the archer enemies that should make them a bit more consistent, and the arrows should be easier to dodge and counterplay (without a shield).
We’ve also re-worked how player damage and death works - now, if you get hit, you have some time to score a revenge kill to recover. Each hit makes your recovery time less, so you’ll still need to be careful! Hopefully this system feels less arbitrary than the two hit system, and scales a bit better so that single enemy fights aren’t stupidly easy and multiple enemies aren’t stupidly hard. Again, we are jonesing for your feedback and comments on this, so don’t be shy.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Holy poo poo this Gorn update.

Local multiplayer on the same computer! Give the audience a gamepad and they can join your VR gorning. Heavily customizable arena modes. New champion enemies. Honeybadgers. Skeletons. Improvements to the game feel.

This is a pretty loving amazing update.

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Asymmetric multilayer is making me get Gorn sooner rather than later