Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
asuka vs becky please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Auritech posted:

All hail Asuka!

I guess the question is now, Raw or Smackdown? Raw needs the talent but Smackdown would provide better matches.

Ryan Satin says Raw. I believe him.

rovert fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 25, 2017

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Worth noting (?) - the update doesn't mention Asuka's injury.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jetfire posted:

Worth noting (?) - the update doesn't mention Asuka's injury.

Did Meltzer get worked by another NXT injury? Like the Ember Moon one? I would be shocked if he did shocked.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Friends in WWE told me she was fine at the WWE hotel after Takeover.

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9Z9-6LqeI

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 25, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Asuka selling that injury

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I look forward to seeing her pinned clean on her second week of Raw.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

"Welcome to the big leagues!" - JBL

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Please not RAW she's already killed everyone on that roster but Sasha. Give me Asuka vs Becky/Charlotte/Natty/Naomi

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/900912095058944000

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Asuka/Becky would be cool, and she was taunting her in the front row while using her submission at the TakeOver show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Asuka/Becky would be cool, and she was taunting her in the front row while using her submission at the TakeOver show.

Listened to an interview Becky recorded two/three weeks ago. Feel very bad for her. Really bought into the new Smackdown title and late 2016/early 2017 Smackdown roster and the level of stories they were telling. I don't get the impression her win/loss record or titles matter to her it is more productive storytelling and meaning.

She's very unhappy with the Creative and said she wants a "reboot" of the division.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That promo she did to Daniel Bryan after Carmella won the initial MITB match was really loving good and I wish they'd gone somewhere with it instead of making her "Naomi's friend who sometimes tags with her".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what a mark

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rovert posted:

Listened to an interview Becky recorded two/three weeks ago. Feel very bad for her. Really bought into the new Smackdown title and late 2016/early 2017 Smackdown roster and the level of stories they were telling. I don't get the impression her win/loss record or titles matter to her it is more productive storytelling and meaning.

She's very unhappy with the Creative and said she wants a "reboot" of the division.

She's absolutely right. The Smackdown women have been stuck in group segments for awhile doing a whole lot of not much. That's why I don't want Asuka on Smackdown unless they plan on changing their creative direction for the division. A reboot would be a great idea with Asuka as the catalyst but I doubt they want to give it the effort when they have a Jinder match to plan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Becky hasn't had a singles feud since Alexa, who left the show half a year ago. I get why she's frustrated.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

VJeff posted:

Becky hasn't had a singles feud since Alexa, who left the show half a year ago. I get why she's frustrated.

No one's had a singles feud since Wrestlemania. A few weeks of Naomi squashing Lana.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If there is anyone I trust to develop good meaningful storylines and feuds for women, its Brian James

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Came here to remind you all how cool Aleister Black is. Well, bye.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

see ya later bud

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

VJeff posted:

Ellsworth!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NickRoweFillea posted:

Good post, this. Hell of a post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wait wait don't go, I have something important to tell you! COME BACK! :gonk:

Oh thank God. I just wanted to say that I agree. Thanks.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Time for everyone's favorite tag team

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I'm here for my weekly Hail Satan, thanks all

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So if Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly are planning to take over NXT (assumed by accumulating titles), will they add a woman to their group to go after the women's title?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Peyton/Ruby was good and I'm cool with them keeping that feud going, but I also want Ruby and Nikki to be friends and destroy the Iconic Duo right now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phenix Rising posted:

So if Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly are planning to take over NXT (assumed by accumulating titles), will they add a woman to their group to go after the women's title?

All the women they auditioned got as far as "So, you'd have to wrestle Nikki Cross and Asuka," before they immediately walked out.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
So now the new big storyline is Cole, Fish and O'Reilly taking over NXT. Remember when NXT use to be a developmental territory instead of always relying on outsiders? So tell me who has the performance center produced since ooneing up over 4 years ago?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Remember when Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly were in ROH?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

So now the new big storyline is Cole, Fish and O'Reilly taking over NXT. Remember when NXT use to be a developmental territory instead of always relying on outsiders? So tell me who has the performance center produced since ooneing up over 4 years ago?

Mojo Rawley

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Roque11 posted:

Alexa Bliss is a pretty big success story from the PC. Charlotte too considering she had no wrestling training before starting there.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Roque11 posted:

Didn't they use Takeover: The End to explain that it was basically it's own brand and not a developmental anymore?

I think the answer though is Authors of Pain

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roque11 posted:

As long as talented people are getting opportunities, who the gently caress cares where they learned how to wrestle.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I really liked Cole, O'Reilly and Fish running away from Regal at the end. Like, they'll physically gently caress with anyone except Regal.

Edit: The best wrestlers they have are getting tv time so who cares.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pray for Mandy Rose.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

weak troll, roque

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

Remember when Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly were in ROH?

Drag em king

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
God, I really wish Roddy wasn't such a awful promo. When he gets going downhill in a match it's one of my favorite things to watch. But unless he improves, his ceiling is pretty much where he is now. Hopefully Shawn helps him out with promos too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Troxartas posted:

God, I really wish Roddy wasn't such a awful promo. When he gets going downhill in a match it's one of my favorite things to watch. But unless he improves, his ceiling is pretty much where he is now. Hopefully Shawn helps him out with promos too

No they just need turn him heel. There is no reason for him to be a face.

• Locked thread