Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Hello Friends!

It's the last week of the Fiesta by my count and I once again have not bothered to even start my run.

Mainly because I drew White Mage as my Water Crystal job. Siiigh.

However, I can't finish a year without a run so I will need to finish up quickly.

In fact you might say I:

For every character between now and the end of the Fiesta named Sonic that completes the Fiesta I will donate a princely sum of 2 British Pounds to charity to an upper limit of £50.

Son of a bitch, doing things for charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Getting in on Rudicron's challenge here!

https://twitter.com/Bufuman/status/901332044164337664

https://twitter.com/Bufuman/status/901334032700583936

Apologies for the horrible quality, I'm massively ignorant on decent image-making methods and was working with basically the first programs I could find.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Crystals are kicking my rear end with Knight, Dancer, Beastmaster, and Ranger on IOS. All of them are level 28-29, I have four Reflect Rings, no Flame Rings, and Aegis Shield. Beastmaster, Dancer, and Knight are mastered on one character each.

I can take down two crystals easy by whittling everyone down a few thousand before Releasing two Ironbacks, but I don't have the offense to quickly take the others down once they get to their spell-spamming stage. (Although I just realized I gave my Beastmaster Equip Swords and forgot to move her to the front row, so I'll give that another try.) Any good strategies I'm missing? I have Knight and Beastmaster attacking, Ranger Aiming, and Dancer throwing Hi-Potions and Dancing.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Does Killer Bow not work against the crystals on iOS? (For sale in Quelb, 8% of one-shotting the target unless Death immune).

Sometimes it takes a while to proc and I actually give the crystals hi-potions to make sure they stay above 3k.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Do you have Death Sickles? They're vulnerable to Instant Death. e: Nevermind, thought you had Berserker for some reason.

Beastmaster could capture that large creature in the desert outside the Moogle Forest. It uses Maelstrom and might snag a couple of the Crystals, leaving them to be easily picked off. I imagine this would still work for iOS, though it also wouldn't surprise me if they changed it. Crystals have good magic evade though so it might miss most/all of them.

Otherwise, you can pray for Sword Dance. Knight with !Dance and Dancer with Equip Swords should do some good damage.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 26, 2017

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
No Death Sickles (none of my classes can equip them, I thought?) and I've never seen Killer Bow proc so I'm starting to think it's a scam. Good call on the Hi-Potions until it procs and a Maelstrom release, though--I'll try those until something sticks!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, my bad. Thought I read you had Berserker for some reason.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Only took three tries for two Maelstroms to hit them all, thanks for the tips!

God I miss savestates.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

For every character between now and the end of the Fiesta named Sonic that completes the Fiesta I will donate a princely sum of 2 British Pounds to charity to an upper limit of £50.
This run is in honor of the weird noise that escaped my throat when I saw I rolled a 3rd Ninja.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Getting the Death proc is so swingy. I had two rounds where the first three crystals fell in a few swings but the last crystal would just absolutely not budge. I even had it setup so everyone was Mini with Regen, and the crystal had regen so I had to do was set the emulator on fastforward and wait for the proc and IT. NEVER. CAME. Eventually I reset, and on that try the crystals fell almost immediately.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Triple Crown #5: Team Popular Fifth Job (Dancer / Chemist / Blue Mage / Chemist Ninja

This was actually a really interesting team. Since Blue Mage (and Ninja in the minds of some) is pretty broken in its own right, I decided to keep !Mix shenanigans to an absolute minimum. Obviously I had to abuse it a bit for Omega and Shinryu, but I limited myself to Berserking them, as well as blinding Shin and dropping a few Turtle Soups on Omega. And then one Dragon Power against NED for Death By Math. Other than that, I don't think I touched !Mix at all, relying mostly on Blue Magic and Dancer (and later Ninja) physicals.

That said, despite Blue Mage being pretty broken, most of the heavy lifting in the endgame was handled by Dancer of all classes, thanks to the Balance Mod allowing for 100% Chicken Sword Dance. Fun fact: I added on Dual-Wield for a bit of extra damage (for once I actually had a good reason to wield that Man-Eater!) and managed to luck out on the Necrophobe fight and save Gilgamesh by complete accident (I tragically failed to get a screenshot of his death quote though :eng99:)

Finally, while I actually gave Upgrade a shot this year and also tried out Fifth Job, I can't say I'm fond of either of them. Both are neat concepts but mostly they just result in a bunch of extra grinding. Screw that! Anyway...

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Against my better judgement and sense of ADD, I think I'll go for this, though I reserve the right to Job Fair anything I don't like since I'm already quite near the end of my patience. Starting another Pure Chaos run with no extra frills, and my first job is Mystic Knight. Yet another repeat, but I'll take it! (Please give me Time Mage for once, Gilgabot)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
TIL on the iOS version, released Yellow Dragons can now miss. And will miss at least 90% of the time against Exdeath.

Don't play iOS!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

jaclynhyde posted:

TIL on the iOS version, released Yellow Dragons can now miss. And will miss at least 90% of the time against Exdeath.

Don't play iOS!

Yeah, all percentile damage effects that were previously A% hit are now not (I think they're 99%? but when you have level differential and spell evasion...).

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Quick question on the Balance Mod (though I'm sure Can of Worms is sick of hearing from me about it by now :sweatdrop:), was the Mythril Spear adjusted to be earth elemental? Because it's hitting for 0 damage against Archeoaevis and that's the only explanation I can think of. My Trident and the various daggers are hitting for normal damage, but obviously the former will be out for the 4th and 5th phases of the fight and I can't doublehand the latter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Had planned on completing two runs this year but I still haven't finished my first.

We have until Thursday, right? At the very least, I'd like to finish with one under my belt.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
It worked! Thanks to Nasgate and Kyrosiris for the suggestion to go at him Blessed Kissed. I combined strategies and it really, really worked, to the point where this is now officially the way I'm fighting him all the time even if I don't have a Chemist. The zombies were ridiculously helpful. And Dragon's Kiss does work on them (although he only Encircled once in the whole fight and it was on the Chemist anyway). It was slow going but I was mostly safe--basically the only thing that could outright kill me was two Mustard Bombs in a row, which by itself is a really low chance and then cut in half with two extra targets. I won on my first try, without any extra level grinding (so level 32), and even with me accidentally leaving one of the zombies with the Healing Staff (he kept bouncing heals off me onto Omega).

So, here's the lesson: if someone in your party isn't buffing/healing or attacking, zombify them.

Another thing I learned: there's something up with Goliath Tonic. I'm not sure if it's an iOS thing or not, but it doesn't seem to always stick. I had to reapply it a number of times over the NED fight, and once during Omega. It looks like it has something to do with getting overflowed or something with Regen. But it didn't glitch consistently: it happened a couple times with my Freelancer and once during Omega with my Black Mage, but never with the Chemist herself. I'm not really sure what the deal was.

Anyway, my only TC of the year and it was a Natural run. So ha!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Okay, went and grabbed a Popular run to see if I can get a speed clear in. Dancer-Berserker-Blue-Summoner. That's... interesting? I think I'll just skip to the Fire Crystal, though, no thanks on the Zerks vs. Matrix Liquid Flame bullshit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/MrAristocrates/status/902244656712437763

Woohoo!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

My biggest problem with iOS is that blind doesn't give you sick shades to look classy next to your Entourage of angry furries.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Upon retrospect.

Berserker risk was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!

Bufuman posted:

Getting in on Rudicron's challenge here!

Apologies for the horrible quality, I'm massively ignorant on decent image-making methods and was working with basically the first programs I could find.

Congratulations!

Were you using mGBA's Record GIF function? I found that it didn't set the framerate right, so I had to open using Gimp and export to another gif, overriding the frame durations to 16ms for a proper 60fps.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Rudicron posted:

Congratulations!

Were you using mGBA's Record GIF function? I found that it didn't set the framerate right, so I had to open using Gimp and export to another gif, overriding the frame durations to 16ms for a proper 60fps.

I use VBA, which has a video recording function to make an AVI file. Then I used VLC to record the bit I wanted into another AVI file (since I had recorded the entirety of both battles and that would make for a really long GIF), and then turned that video straight into a GIF. That last step seems to be the one that dropped the quality so badly, since I was just using a hardware-free website that was the first one I found on a Google search. Extremely messy but I got the gist of what I wanted, so it'll do.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Son of a bitch, doing things for charity.

Red/Bard/Zerky/Ranger. Getting a Berserker was annoying since I have burnt myself out on them, but equip harpsmade their speed good and the job was tolerable. A complete lack of offensive presence (to the point where I used !hide to make Exdeath kill himself on reflect zombies) was transformed by w3 weapons and !rapidfire to too much offensive presence, to the point I couldn't properly finish singing to SSGSS for Neo Exdeath because Krile was hitting too hard.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I changed my @ name on Twitter so now the site doesn't recognize who I am. Is there an option I'm missing to update it? I've got a #victoryshinryu that never got processed because of it and i'm holding off on the final fight because of it

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Finally wrapped up my Extra Spicy run... and my only run... :negative:

It was a fresh experience compared to a standard FF5 playthrough and had a lot of unique moments. I started off with Knight, and Bartz lucked in to the best ability with !Dance although Faris had !Smoke to help with escapes. !Dance alone was enough to mow down most enemies in World 1. Then I got Berserker since I Berserker Risked, and I hit my first decision point: Who to make Berserkers? Galuf had the worst skill tree (Counter, !Flirt, Vigilance, !Gaia and Equip Harp...) so he was out, but everyone else had some solid stuff. Lenna in particular had Dual Wield and !Drink, but I made Bartz the berserker so for the majority of the run as my future jobs were better on the other characters.

My other two jobs were Bard and Samurai, and my Bards were pretty interesting since they had !Spellblade 6 (Bartz), !White 6 (Lenna), !Black 6 (Galuf) and !Dualcast (Faris) between them. The Samurais were more lackluster with !Catch (Bartz), !Mineuchi (Lenna), !Dance (Galuf) and !Kick (Faris)... which turned out to be completely useless so I'll be removing that from the randomizer when I get around to it. My game plan for skill collecting was to have Galuf pick up !Call in the Knight tree, Lenna would pick up !White 4 and !Black 5 in the Samurai tree while Faris stayed as a Bard to serve as a dualcaster, eventually getting !Time 4 and Two-Handed. Interestingly, I switched Krile to Bard to have some more offense for the world 2 Exdeath fight which turned out to be the right decision.

Once everyone picked up their skills, I rotated Bard to Krile to have some offensive magic and switched Lenna to Samurai to pick up Equip Rods and Faris to Samurai to fill the gap until I beat the Pyramid, at which point Faris became the Berserker since she had no more worthwhile skills to use now that I had Hermes Sandals, and Bartz and Krile entered their roles as a dancing duo while Lenna served as a healer backup. The final team set up for NED ended up being a Dancing Bartz with !Time and Excalibur, healer Lenna with Equip Rods for access to the Healing Staff and the Sage Staff, Dancing Krile with !Call for some judicious Golem summons and Berserker Faris. The NED fight was tense as Lenna did not have the HP to survive Almagest, even with Shell so I was constantly reviving her. Eventually I got NED into his desperation mode and Lenna got killed, but he was one swing away from death!

Overall it was a fun experience, but I did pick up on some things to fix with the randomizer for the future:
  • Lower the overall AP costs of the last few skills so they can actually be picked up in a regular playthrough without grinding
  • Make the Equip skills lower on the tree since they're not actually that great for most of the game
  • Curate the skill distribution better
  • Add some extra code to reveal the trees in-game so players don't have to consult a text file all the time. That one's going to take a lot of work though. :v:

Bufuman posted:

Quick question on the Balance Mod (though I'm sure Can of Worms is sick of hearing from me about it by now :sweatdrop:), was the Mythril Spear adjusted to be earth elemental? Because it's hitting for 0 damage against Archeoaevis and that's the only explanation I can think of. My Trident and the various daggers are hitting for normal damage, but obviously the former will be out for the 4th and 5th phases of the fight and I can't doublehand the latter.
Hmm, I have no idea why that's happening. According to my notes it shouldn't have any elements. Also the Mythril Spear has 30 attack and Archaeovis has 30 defense in its first form, so maybe it's just that? I'll do some testing with that to see if there's anything up.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Welp, failed to even complete a single run. I got a run where i was stuck with only thieves on byblos and it crushed me pretty hard. I tried grinding my way for a few hours...only to still get killled because it wasnt enough. I was able to brute force grind last year with bezerkers but I didnt have the time or patience to just grind it out this year :negative:.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tengames posted:

I got a run where i was stuck with only thieves on byblos

that happened to me once; I job faired it

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Can Of Worms posted:

Hmm, I have no idea why that's happening. According to my notes it shouldn't have any elements. Also the Mythril Spear has 30 attack and Archaeovis has 30 defense in its first form, so maybe it's just that? I'll do some testing with that to see if there's anything up.

I doubt that lack of power was an issue; I was double-handing the spear (giving it an attack power of 60) and dropping down to a Mythril Knife (23 power) allowed my Dragoon to do damage even on the first form, so :shrug:

Anyway I need to try and finish my Go Fast run tonight, just getting to the Barrier Tower now, but I've got a pretty drat solid team (Mystic Knight/Dragoon/Bard/Beastmaster) so I foresee no difficulties getting it done quick.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Can Of Worms posted:

[*]Make the Equip skills lower on the tree since they're not actually that great for most of the game
Glad to hear you're still going to work on it! I don't know how it works in the mod but you might want to consider the stat bonus on these (and Rods and Sword are pretty useful/strong in general).

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 30, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

I doubt that lack of power was an issue; I was double-handing the spear (giving it an attack power of 60)

The equip screen is a house of lies about two-handed.

quote:

SPECIAL: Double Grip OK: Whether the weapons can be double gripped with the Knight's DBL GRIP command. DBL GRIP: M = M * 2

Note that this is effectively the same on low-defense targets, but on high-defense targets you may still fail to punch through, as you experienced.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Rudicron posted:

Very well.
Inspired by Dragondarch's level-matching Goblin Punch shenanigans, one of my own FF5 memories, and the current hypothesis that #regpopular is weighted toward blue mages;

I pledge $5 for each Galuf who hits Exdeath with a level-matched Goblin Punch, to a maximum of $100 (for I am unfortunately not inordinately wealthy).

After all, what better way to protect your granddaughter from a tree demon, than with a magically enhanced punch to the face?

Here we go! At level 15 which cost me a couple of ethers due to the tiny chance of hitting with Dark Spark twice.

And bonus Cara avenging her Grandfather at lvl 16. This one was a Huge pain in the rear end. I did the math and the first dark spark from my highest level people (lvl 29) had a 2.4% ish chance of hitting. Which meant I had to cast it a lot while surviving W2 Exdeath. Not the easiest thing in the world. Thank god I had time mage to Haste myself and get twice the number och attacks in. I also tried it with Knight !Guarding everyone and reflect rings but it just ended with Exdeath killing himself faster than I could dark spark him.

At least it was easy after getting him to lvl 16 where I did 6000+ damage with Excalipoor Goblin punches.

No videos as I was playing on my phone and it didn't want to record videos.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dr. Dos posted:

I changed my @ name on Twitter so now the site doesn't recognize who I am. Is there an option I'm missing to update it? I've got a #victoryshinryu that never got processed because of it and i'm holding off on the final fight because of it

You can probably change it back for a day and do your victory, then change again. I don't have access to my 2014 runs on the site because of a name change and I don't think there's a way for RK to validate it.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Another quick question: When they say finish runs by the 31st, do they mean by midnight tonight, or by the end of the 31st? Because I can PROBABLY make the former (I'm basically done with everything I need to do in the 3rd world and am ready to head into the Rift), but considering I need to get to sleep in like 40 minutes for work tonight, which will be until 2am, I probably won't make the triple crown unless I'm willing to forgo a little sleep (or play during work, which I can do because I work from home, but it would be extremely unprofessional).

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 30, 2017

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Had to go fast so went fast!

Triple Crown #6: Team Pure Chaos: Mystic Knight, Dragoon, Bard, Beastmaster

I really don't know what to say about this team. Never before have I had a group of normally-broken classes that ended up being such a pain in the rear end most of the time. Most of these classes are great, as you know, but the catch is that they're all highly situational. Mystic Knight is basically a meatshield if there's no elemental or status weakness to exploit. Bard is great for randoms (as long as the entire enemy party isn't immune to both Stop and Confusion) and anything undead, but for most of the game they're dead weight against bosses, and even once they get their buffing songs they need time to set them up and get the team going, which may not always be feasible. Beastmaster requires a ton of extra work with !Catch to make the most of them, which is honestly more of a pain that it's worth half the time. All told these three high-tier classes ended up being high-maintenance deadweights for a lot of the run. Dragoon ended up being the surprise MVP of this team, and only because I was playing the Balance Mod, which gives them innate Two-Handed for spears. They hit like airborne trucks! It was delightful!

That said, when Mystic Knight can exploit a weakness (or gets Flare Sword), Bard gets time to set up songs, and Beastmaster spreads !Catch around for a good !Release spam (say hi to my Dragon Aevis Quartet, NED!), they're still beastly classes, so at least the endgame wasn't too bad.

I had hoped to end the year with another Popular run (and match my usual total of seven runs), but I doubt I'll have the time to knock one more out. So it goes! Until next year!

And true to my word I skipped sleep to finish this poo poo and now I have to work tonight on like 5 hours of sleep argh :negative:

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 30, 2017

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Man with Hat posted:

Here we go! At level 15 which cost me a couple of ethers due to the tiny chance of hitting with Dark Spark twice.

And bonus Cara avenging her Grandfather at lvl 16. This one was a Huge pain in the rear end. I did the math and the first dark spark from my highest level people (lvl 29) had a 2.4% ish chance of hitting. Which meant I had to cast it a lot while surviving W2 Exdeath. Not the easiest thing in the world. Thank god I had time mage to Haste myself and get twice the number och attacks in. I also tried it with Knight !Guarding everyone and reflect rings but it just ended with Exdeath killing himself faster than I could dark spark him.

At least it was easy after getting him to lvl 16 where I did 6000+ damage with Excalipoor Goblin punches.

And because I'm dumb I took it further!

I saw Bufuman's challenge and also saw that people did bonus Goblin Punches against W2 Exdeath and decided I might as well goblin punch every form of the fucker. So I did.

Here's Cara taking out her anger over loosing her grandfather who was, it seems, her last remaining family on a tree.

And here's my victory tweet with bonus Goblin Punching NED and L5 Deathing NED:
https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/902953111026880513

It was fun playing through the game basically having to keep people at specific levels always. As I said earlier, the worst part was Dark Sparking W2 Exdeath. That was actually worse than setting up NED.

I ended up with Cara at lvl 19 to do a double dark spark against Treedeath, who thankfully only has 15% magic evade. At lvl 77, the first dark spark brought it down to 38 and the second one to 19. I had to do this a couple of times because I lost to NED.

And since I am lazy and dumb I went into NED with a magic lamp that was used past Odin (I sold my reflect rings and needed Ruby Light against Omega). So for the magic part, which is by far the worst part of NED in my opinion, I did a bunch of death claws and prayed. After getting a dark spark to hit it (since I pressed the wrong thing in the menu) I eventually also landed death claw and then killed it with aero 1.

After that it was just a matter of survival. Since Blue Mage is the best and has Mighty Guard, that wasn't too bad. Almagest was still able to kill Cara as I had kept her at lvl 19 and she had no health, but after the first Dark Spark finally hit, the power was greately reduced and the biggest threat was Grand Cross (which got close to wiping me a few times. Great, a confused person, a zerked person and a dead person. THANKS).

I hosed up here though and got another Dark Spark in immediately after the first. Since the Almagest part is lvl 67 I had stopped leveling my Blue Mage at lvl 33. But since the other Dark Spark also hit, the part dropped to 16 where I considered restarting out of principle. But I changed my mind, hit myself with dark spark to match lvl 16 and that is why the screenshot above has me hitting it for 6400 dmg and not a lot more. From then on my Blue Mage was on whacking Almagest duty until it was dead.

Now, this is where I'd usually start counting HP and kill the two last parts at once. But I didn't feel like counting HP, so I went back to missing repeatedly with Dark Spark until I managed to bring the physical part down to lvl 40. Then I left it there and killed the Grand Cross part before popping L5 death to finish in style.

:words: TL;DR I Goblin Punched things for Bufuman and Sonic the Monk saved the world in two days.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/903079792945364992

:toot:

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/903103495754145792

Rudicron
Oct 30, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Get yourself a hotdog!
Run 2: Popular - Ninja, Time, Blue, Dragoon

So this is my Triple Crown for the Fiesta, since I don't think a Samurai and three Zerks was going to have any sort of chance against the superbosses.

I lazied out and Quickleaked Omega, since I didn't really have a lot in the way of counter mitigation.
Power Staff and Image Spam (with Krile as a minied Genji Shielder) was sufficient for Shinryuu, Bartz's Quick Dragon Lance Jumping just made that smoother.

Treexdeath was pretty straight forward; Meteor, boosted Aeroga, Off Guard, Jumps, Non-matched Goblin Punches.

That Dragon Lance I mentioned made quick work of Grand Cross, I landed a lucky Old on Almagest, and chucked Fumas at it, then decided to sandbag against Slowed Magic and Physical until I landed a Dark Spark on Physical, and stole Magic's Ragnarok (not for any useful reason, just felt wrong to leave it sitting there.) After that, Krile gets to Quick-L5Death-LampOdin; not quite a Quad Skull, but still pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/Rudicron/status/902728627695046656
https://twitter.com/Rudicron/status/902380748476436481
https://twitter.com/Rudicron/status/903111096889954304

Man with Hat posted:

Man with Hat posted:

And because I'm dumb I took it further!

I saw Bufuman's challenge and also saw that people did bonus Goblin Punches against W2 Exdeath and decided I might as well goblin punch every form of the fucker. So I did.

Here's Cara taking out her anger over loosing her grandfather who was, it seems, her last remaining family on a tree.

And here's my victory tweet with bonus Goblin Punching NED and L5 Deathing NED:
https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/902953111026880513

It was fun playing through the game basically having to keep people at specific levels always. As I said earlier, the worst part was Dark Sparking W2 Exdeath. That was actually worse than setting up NED.

I ended up with Cara at lvl 19 to do a double dark spark against Treedeath, who thankfully only has 15% magic evade. At lvl 77, the first dark spark brought it down to 38 and the second one to 19. I had to do this a couple of times because I lost to NED.

And since I am lazy and dumb I went into NED with a magic lamp that was used past Odin (I sold my reflect rings and needed Ruby Light against Omega). So for the magic part, which is by far the worst part of NED in my opinion, I did a bunch of death claws and prayed. After getting a dark spark to hit it (since I pressed the wrong thing in the menu) I eventually also landed death claw and then killed it with aero 1.

After that it was just a matter of survival. Since Blue Mage is the best and has Mighty Guard, that wasn't too bad. Almagest was still able to kill Cara as I had kept her at lvl 19 and she had no health, but after the first Dark Spark finally hit, the power was greately reduced and the biggest threat was Grand Cross (which got close to wiping me a few times. Great, a confused person, a zerked person and a dead person. THANKS).

I hosed up here though and got another Dark Spark in immediately after the first. Since the Almagest part is lvl 67 I had stopped leveling my Blue Mage at lvl 33. But since the other Dark Spark also hit, the part dropped to 16 where I considered restarting out of principle. But I changed my mind, hit myself with dark spark to match lvl 16 and that is why the screenshot above has me hitting it for 6400 dmg and not a lot more. From then on my Blue Mage was on whacking Almagest duty until it was dead.

Now, this is where I'd usually start counting HP and kill the two last parts at once. But I didn't feel like counting HP, so I went back to missing repeatedly with Dark Spark until I managed to bring the physical part down to lvl 40. Then I left it there and killed the Grand Cross part before popping L5 death to finish in style.

:words: TL;DR I Goblin Punched things for Bufuman and Sonic the Monk saved the world in two days.

I like your style.

Throwing in a little bonus for you Above and Beyond-goers; not counting it against the original limit.

4 Slots left, for anyone who still wants to get in on the Galuf Punch Action.

Rudicron fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 31, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
finally got around to finishing my first and only run

bard & white mage is :allears: beat it around level 35 even with two zerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Rudicron posted:

Throwing in a little bonus for you Above and Beyond-goers; not counting it against the original limit.

4 Slots left, for anyone who still wants to get in on the Galuf Punch Action.

Oh, thanks! It was a fun challenge, as I said, so I appreciate you coming up with it!

• Locked thread