Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
What do the numbered flags and 3/7, 4/7 etc mean after battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^^

The fraction is the number of turns you took against the minimum number of turns required to Perfect a battle.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I started laughing when in the stream of snapshots of Rabbid Kong very slowly falling away suddenly he's right behind her doing a selfie as well. I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing at it

I want a gif of Luigi lurking around the Rabbids

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

World 3 just feels really unfair and unfun so far. It just introduced a new enemy type that can teleport to any part of the map it wants every turn and you cannot possibly chase it down. It's really lovely design =/

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
that sounds fun as hell

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd be fine with it if it wasn't for the fact they keep teleporting outside character range and they're guaranteed to always, always be in full cover or half cover. And they have vampire effect on their shots.

It sucks

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd be fine with it if it wasn't for the fact they keep teleporting outside character range and they're guaranteed to always, always be in full cover or half cover. And they have vampire effect on their shots.

It sucks
Luigi is your friend.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Well I got my first non-perfect to the miniboss in World 2 because of those adds. They died really quick though.

In my opinion, one of the best buys on the skill tree is movement+1 for Rabbid Luigi because of how often the game tries to chump you out of a dash first turn.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DalaranJ posted:

Well I got my first non-perfect to the miniboss in World 2 because of those adds. They died really quick though.

In my opinion, one of the best buys on the skill tree is movement+1 for Rabbid Luigi because of how often the game tries to chump you out of a dash first turn.

Also why Luigi and Rabbid Luigi synergize a ton.

Movement for the movement god :black101:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

TheHoosier posted:

if you're referring to what I think you are, that's my favorite moment of the game so far. I was grinning like a moron when really I should be ashamed.

Wait, there's parts of the game that are actually funny? I thought it was all just gonna be cringy Ubisoft "humor".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

VolticSurge posted:

Wait, there's parts of the game that are actually funny? I thought it was all just gonna be cringy Ubisoft "humor".

Surprisingly enough, it's actually kind of charming. Probably helps that the Rabbids are nowhere near as obnoxious in all their other appearances (though the opening cutscene may give you hives.)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
In general, the character bits in the cutscenes are funny, but the optional 'look at this scenery thing' are not funny.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rabbid Luigi is my favorite medic. :black101:

DalaranJ posted:

In general, the character bits in the cutscenes are funny, but the optional 'look at this scenery thing' are not funny.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It doesn't help that Beep-o's just kind of an rear end in a top hat and no one else reacts to the interjections at all.

I do like that ~his biggest fan~ keeps calling him out on being a dick though. Since literally the only other member of the party who talks is Peach.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Luigi is your friend.

Give them the ole Weegee daberoni

E: If The Bigest Fan isn't a literal giant fan im gonna be pissed off

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Rabbid Luigi is my favorite medic. :black101:

Rabbid Luigi might be the best character in the game. The vampire debuff is crazy strong and he has way more utility than Peach/Rabbid Peach because you aren't forced to stay close together to get the benefits of the AoE heal. You can also use the heal without using one of the skills, so he can weaken or shield up instead. I also love his rocket launcher's ability to hit from a long range.

Also, his ultimate weapons have a 100% chance to crit and cause the status effects, so he pretty much never leaves my team.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
You assholes sucked me right into this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress me i found a place where you could get stuck and forced to teleport back to the castle!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Man, I can't stress enough how important it is to always have the best weapons you can. World 3 missions just turned from slogs into cakewalks when I outfitted everyone with the latest tier.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I read an article that said something to the effect of money being finite. (okay, more precisely, it said to spend money wisely because "you won't be able to buy everything") How accurate is this?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
100% complete world 1 and 2, game still good :toot:

Argue posted:

I read an article that said something to the effect of money being finite. (okay, more precisely, it said to spend money wisely because "you won't be able to buy everything") How accurate is this?

I'm pretty sure it's not finite, coins respawn when you revisit worlds and I'm pretty sure you could redo challenges/missions for coins. You don't really need to buy everything though, I just buy when there's a damage upgrade usually. The game isn't difficult enough that you need to switch between weapons that give bonuses for targeting specific enemies.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 31, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Argue posted:

You can get money replaying missions, and the coins on the overworld paths even regenerate.

What they probably meant is that you won't normally accrue coins fast enough to buy everything in the store at the rate it appears. It doesn't mean money is finite.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Rabbid Peach is definitely referred to as a "she" who "cosplays too much" - I had seen someone here claim they used the pronoun "He" in reference to the character.

Loving the game so far. You guys were dead on. It will be an easy purchase for me on Monday when I return this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bleh I did horribly at the first mid-boss.

Can you only hit explodable cover if there's an enemy behind it and you have a 0-50% chance to hit?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Can you only hit explodable cover if there's an enemy behind it and you have a 0-50% chance to hit?

Yes. The rule is, there has to be an enemy to aim at, and you have to be in range with LOS on their block. If you don't see a percentage at all, you're too far away. If you see a crossed out eye icon, something else nearby is obstructing your shot.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah my only complaint so far is not being able to toggle aiming at debris intentionally [I guess that makes some characters more inherently useful?] and the one Rabbid Rule.

Peach and Luigi make for an amazing combo if I could ever use them in tandem.
also does challenge coins get lower on each completion? because the moment i find one with fast clear im gonna farm it for days

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DalaranJ posted:

You would think that but then you’re forced to walk under a giant rabbis statue that’s pissing into a loops shell and you to go through the stream and realize it’s hilarious.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The One Rabbid-rule is most likely because a lot of cutscenes depends on having at least one of them in your party.

Honestly surprised with how fun this game is so far.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Aviation

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You would think that but then you’re forced to walk under a giant rabbis statue that’s pissing into a loops shell and you to go through the stream and realize it’s hilarious.

A giant pissing rabbi?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

The One Rabbid-rule is most likely because a lot of cutscenes depends on having at least one of them in your party.

Honestly surprised with how fun this game is so far.

It could just shove them in like it did after Rabbid Kong and you saw Luigi pestering Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Just coming in to say this game owns. Just made it to 2-1 last night and can't wait to play more.
Can I go and do the unlocked challenges right away or do I need "endgame" gear or something?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The challenges are basically puzzles where you need certain skills / damage thresholds to complete. The first challenge is a good example of it. You should be able to clear it right away but you’ll probably need to spec for it if you’re playing one particular way.

Reminder you can reset your skill tree at any time and respec before battles.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I started laughing when in the stream of snapshots of Rabbid Kong very slowly falling away suddenly he's right behind her doing a selfie as well. I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing at it

:same:

Somehow giving Mario a gun made a good game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My copy of this game just got in, anything I should know from y'all who have been in the Rabbid trenches for days now?

Also I guess Ubisoft is just posting a full video Let's Play on their official YouTube, that seems strange

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My copy of this game just got in, anything I should know from y'all who have been in the Rabbid trenches for days now?

Also I guess Ubisoft is just posting a full video Let's Play on their official YouTube, that seems strange

The game will teach you everything. But Rabbid Luigi is a straight of maniac on the battlefield. Sliding around and vamping people. Mario + Luigi + Rabbid Luigi for the win.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

XCOM 2 begins with Operation Gatecrasher, a mission where your resistance movement blows up a gigantic statue dedicated to the alien overlords. Because a monument like that is a symbol of dictatorial domination and XCOM is dedicated to fighting it.

MRKB begins with... oh.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The movement mechanics are vital to make use of. Learn how to love them. Though the game will teach you everything you need to know, and a very early battle tests your knowledge of what you can do with them.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I wish you could dash into an enemy and stomp jump them in the same movement phase

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the boss of the 2nd world is kicking my aaaaaass.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zelder posted:

I wish you could dash into an enemy and stomp jump them in the same movement phase

You can dash an enemy and stomp on another enemy in range at least. It makes Mario kind of insane once you buff his movement damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“TFRazorsaw”" post="“475936398”"]
the boss of the 2nd world is kicking my aaaaaass.
[/quote]

I just beat it. I actually died the first attempt but knowing how the fight goes helps a loving lot. He doesn’t hit too hard so you can/should rush his first two phases ASAP. After that he runs back and stays stationary. He has a big range and goes overwatch every other turn... but you CAN hang way back and he won’t be able to shoot at you. From there you can deal with the other rabbids and then move in for the boss. I ended up missing the turn limit by 2 but I think I can avoid that with stronger weapons.

I’m missing 2 collectible chests in world 1 and I have no idea where they could be.

• Locked thread