Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Christ, I already had DD and Iron Fist and I'm still a day or two away from finishing chapter 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Christ, I already had DD and Iron Fist and I'm still a day or two away from finishing chapter 1.

I just got Nessie, so I need to wait how many days to get Foggy? God drat 1 every 4 hours.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 25, 2017

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Same. Waiting for Foggy's poo poo to drop from Nessie is what's holding me up now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My issue is that Stick takes like 5 fights to beat with 4 hours wait time in between them

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that poo poo was annoying, because all the characters I had to fight him were on the weak to stats. But now I have Luke Cage and he fucks people up bigtime.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

jesus trying to get enough shields from the Hand guy for Misty's outfit is impossible. Is Stick powerful enough to do some lasting damage or should I just call it quits here with the defenders I care about?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need to dump a ton of shards into multiple alternating teams to get those costumes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

nerdman42 posted:

jesus trying to get enough shields from the Hand guy for Misty's outfit is impossible. Is Stick powerful enough to do some lasting damage or should I just call it quits here with the defenders I care about?

Boss number 5 is the road block. Boss six has lower hitpoints then him.
And the problem is unless you have Stick, the only person who does extra damage against him is Daredevil.
Boss six is weak to Toxic so a good team of Claire, Foggy and Misty can take him down.
Boss seven has the most hitpoints but there are a lot of strong characters (Luke Cage, Joe Fixit, IF particularly if you have his costume.)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I just started this game a few weeks ago. The daredevil badges are few and far between at 1 per usually heroic mission or 12 hour luke cage lockout. I've got one level between Iron Fist, Cage and Daredevil and may get another if I'm lucky. When the event ends, do you miss out on the character storylines you haven't completed? Or any chance they convert to regular quests while Inhumans starts up?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bagrada posted:

I just started this game a few weeks ago. The daredevil badges are few and far between at 1 per usually heroic mission or 12 hour luke cage lockout. I've got one level between Iron Fist, Cage and Daredevil and may get another if I'm lucky. When the event ends, do you miss out on the character storylines you haven't completed? Or any chance they convert to regular quests while Inhumans starts up?

You won't get the questlines generally but they should all be upgradable with badges except for Claire and Jessica Jones (premium characters always cost money after)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Boy, I sure love it when I try and check how much stuff I need to get Stick or Jessica Jones and the game freezes. That's one of my favorite things.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a pop ad on there now urging you to buy Imax Inhumans tickets (lol no) but it says Lockjaw coming soon, so definitely looks like that will be our next event

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, probably why this one was so short, gotta ignore the actually decent Marvel thing to promote the really lovely one.

I bought one box to hopefully get Nick Fury, it played the animation for getting joe fixit, but my crystals increased, so I have no idea what was going on there. Contacting support they said probably a bug played the wrong animation. Not going to complain because I came out attack in crystals.

Which I'll probably be using for Lockjaw.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's your Inhumans for next event:
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - AURAN
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - CRYSTAL
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - KARNAK
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - TRITON
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - GORGON
MARVEL AVENGERS ACADEMY MOBILE GAME - MEDUSA

Those are all the postings on Voices.com. Lockjaw is also confirmed, and I would assume Black Bolt who of course doesn't need voice acting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder who will be the premium character.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are coming in the next Future Fight Update.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 6, 2017

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

We got Cat Thor!Loki costume, this event suddenly became extremely important to me

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

nerdman42 posted:

We got Cat Thor!Loki costume, this event suddenly became extremely important to me

Oh my god, all of my dreams have come true.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is that Adult Kamala from the Secret Wars Inhumans?

PLease have Thor say "Can thee cease being Cat Thor?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably. They confirmed costumes for Quake and Kamala too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That design for Medusa is adorable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Queen Wasp is pretty adorable too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Cat Loki is definitely going to be a lockbox I bet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Event started.

Lockjaw is 200 shards more than normal at 745, but refunds 200 if you buy him with the mission.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The event still hasn't started for me, does it go by timezones?

Edit:vvvvvvvv Thanks, the last two were automatic so I didn't think to check the store page.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 8, 2017

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

bagrada posted:

You need to update the app for it to start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bagrada posted:

Edit:vvvvvvvv Thanks, the last two were automatic so I didn't think to check the store page.

The update was late for this one, probably wasn't up in time for your device's automatic updates.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It didn't show up for me until after I sent everyone on long regular missions.

Amora is just so great in this. I hope they add Emma Frost at some point so they can be mean girls together.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So hypothetically how hard would it be for me to start Avengers Academy now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

The game isn't any harder to start. There hasn't been an update to the game's main story for ages actually. Everything we've been posting about are events, which they run back-to-back-to-back.

Starting now you likely won't be able to do much of anything this event. You could maybe get Medusa. Quake and Lockjaw are available for money.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KaosMachina posted:

Not hard, really. Just be aware you'll have a pretty limited roster for a while unless you want to spend money. You'll get Iron Man, Wasp, Cap, Enchantress, and Black Widow as the main cast.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Well, I'll bite the bullet, could use another mobile game to fill time here and there. How bad could it possibly be?

Edit so I'm not doubleposting: So Future Fight has a big update they're doing.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=921508

And... I think I like every single change they're detailing, really. From actually fixing the stuff I didn't ever use to make it more appealing to stuff like 'hey now you can actually see your Iframes, and characters get specific reflect/shield icons' which is way more than I expected.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 13, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Halloween is next, so a month long one. Voice postings just went up for Sitwell, Dugan, Werewolf by Night and Vampire by Night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hell yeah Howling Commando event

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No Morbius? How sad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, I'm stuck at the last fight before Maximus. I've got Lockjaw and everyone is leveled up a good amount, but I'm still at Low chance. The only Strong hero I could even get right now would be Cat Loki so that ain't happening

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm upset that you only had one week to get Crystal. And yea, the hosed us over for having enough of the right heroes.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

You okay there Cosmo?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright sweet, almost got Black Bolt, just...193 green shards to go!

This game really filled the love/hate hole that Avengers Alliance left

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Retro Futurist posted:

Alright sweet, almost got Black Bolt, just...193 green shards to go!

This game really filled the love/hate hole that Avengers Alliance left

I skipped Queen Wasp to get Black Bolt instead, I guess I'll never officially finish the event but I'd rather the character that'll be completely worthless after the event than a costume that'll be completely worthless after the event.

At least it looks like the next event is almost completely skippable, Howling Commandos aren't my thing at all so I can concentrate my energies on regular quests and coins and not spend real cash money on this for a month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I won't spend a dime on the Halloween Event unless Dum Dum or Man Thing is the premium character, and that's only because, we'll they're them.

I'm more worried about X-mas because I'm still thinking this is going to be an X-men event and I'll want all the X-men except for Beast.

I actually think Avengers Alliance was more fair, because if you were like me and had been playing since the start, you had an advantage, this you're hosed no matter what.

• Locked thread