Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gotta be honest, if there was a pimp-boy 3 billion available....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

Gotta be honest, if there was a pimp-boy 3 billion available....

You got a PS4? Cos otherwise, of course there is.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No, PC, but the two I saw were garbage-tier retextures.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

So every time they add new releases of dumb horse armor and pip boy reskins they're gonna break f4se? Nice

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

turn off the TV posted:

So every time they add new releases of dumb horse armor and pip boy reskins they're gonna break f4se? Nice

Apparently they did some "bug fixing" too.

I'll believe that one when I see it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There's a joke in here somewhere about Houston, Bethesda, and disasters but hosed if I'm smart enough to make it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

Nah, F4SE broke because of the 1.10 patch that added functionality for the Creation Club (.esl support, new menus, etc)

quote:

Fallout 4 1.10 Update
New Features
Creation Club
Message of the Day
Support for ESL file format
Mods - patch version numbers and notes added to Mod Details page

Bug Fixes
General stability fixes related to enabling and disabling Mods
Minor fixes to Bethesda.net functionality
I don't know about you guys, but I'm hyped about that Message of the Day feature. It's super helpful and not obnoxious at all.
Anyway, there should be no reason for them change the executable every time they want to dump a new creation's assets in our data folder. That said, there also shouldn't be any reason for them to dump those assets in our data folder, so who knows.
In the meantime, here are the 1.9.4 files. necessary for F4SE 0.4.2 to work.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 30, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thank god for unoctium. His armor mods are top notch.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Raygereio posted:

In the meantime, here are the 1.9.4 files. necessary for F4SE 0.4.2 to work.

How does this work? I wanna get back to building my drat bunker home already :f5:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Thank god for unoctium. His armor mods are top notch.

Yeah, and his X-03 nexus page is hosting some CC debate.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

How does this work? I wanna get back to building my drat bunker home already :f5:
In Steam be sure you have FO4's update set to only update when you launch the game.
Go to FO4 install folder and make a back up of Fallout4.exe & \Data\Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.
Unpack the archive I linked. Place Fallout4.exe & libScePad.dll in the main folder and Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, in your Data folder, overwriting the original files. Launch the game with f4se_loader.exe.

When F4SE updates again, you can delete libScePad.dll and restore the backups you made.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

F4SE has updated. http://f4se.silverlock.org/

New build is 0.5.0.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Apart from the stuff in the OP, are there any mods that make this a little more loot driven, with better variety in base weapons and mods? I used to eat up poo poo like FOOK and FWE.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Looks like DEF_UI doesn't support the patch either, because Bethesda changed some of the UI files to accommodate CC. That'll have to be updated as well, I guess.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't understand. Why is the next iteration of paid mods some low effort garbage? I was expecting them to push DLC-quality stuff after the first go-around crashed and burned.

I don't get it. Didn't they want to put some effort into it this time?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bethesda is only different from other AAA companies in that they are more incompetent and brainless than actively hostile. They really just seem clueless on this whole system.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Oh and guess what?

ALL THE CC MODS HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED TO YOUR SYSTEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcldh21R40M&t=526s

So YEA most people on that thread are really hoping this is a screwup and not a thing that's gonna be happening, because if this happens every time it updates...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Raygereio posted:

In Steam be sure you have FO4's update set to only update when you launch the game.
Go to FO4 install folder and make a back up of Fallout4.exe & \Data\Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.
Unpack the archive I linked. Place Fallout4.exe & libScePad.dll in the main folder and Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, in your Data folder, overwriting the original files. Launch the game with f4se_loader.exe.

When F4SE updates again, you can delete libScePad.dll and restore the backups you made.

Yeah I figured it out, I just hadn't seen libScePad before :)

Also Place Anywhere is currently busted as well, but this fix has got me going again.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Modern Firearms Followers, if you did not manage to find modern sidearms http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26459/ has this link http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3e1sw5wjna786v/Modern+Sidearms+9-23-2016+Archived.zip, along with a few sets of patches to make it play well with other mods...

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Rabidredneck posted:

Oh and guess what?

ALL THE CC MODS HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED TO YOUR SYSTEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcldh21R40M&t=526s

So YEA most people on that thread are really hoping this is a screwup and not a thing that's gonna be happening, because if this happens every time it updates...

I'm 100% positive this is a screwup. There's no way Valve is going to let Bethesda keep using it's servers to deliver new content unless it gets paid, and that is going to wipe out their CC profits unless they have a huge adoption rate.

If the CC takes off like Bethesda is hoping, we are talking hundreds or thousands of mods over the next 2-4 years. Forcing players to download all the assets for them would require 10's or 100's of gigabytes of storage. You'll lose all you players in any country where ISP's have data limits as well as anybody with limited storage space (whether from an inexpensive computer, SSD, or console). Most people will be uninstalling FO4 rather than trying to figure out how to stop automatic updates & use f4se.exe to launch the game, and then they will have no vector to advertise new CC content to those players at all.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's definitely a major gently caress-up, but that doesn't mean it wasn't intentional.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Ugh so explain this one to me, I was getting around 24-35 fps inside the Corvega factory, worst in the last room where the boss and the turrets are, so I downloaded a mod that disables all the lights and only kept the ones that Natural Atmospheric Interiors modifies ... and my fps there dropped to 15-18.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Ugh so explain this one to me, I was getting around 24-35 fps inside the Corvega factory, worst in the last room where the boss and the turrets are, so I downloaded a mod that disables all the lights and only kept the ones that Natural Atmospheric Interiors modifies ... and my fps there dropped to 15-18.

Mods that change lighting can be really hit or miss depending on the location. I've got a GTX750 GPU and tried a realistic lighting mod. For the most part it made things look really pretty, but during the Railroad quest to get inside an old intelligence building, my framerate literally tanked to single digits, rendering the game unplayable in that one area, ended up removing the mod.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So are these first few creation club mods made in house by Bethesda or are they by community members who got in early?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I would say it's likely the 'BGS' are in-house and the 'F' are not.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Saint Sputnik posted:

The mod that removes lights probably breaks the area's occlusion culling. A lot of the alleged optimization mods that edit world locations actually end up making performance significantly worse by not regenerating previs at all.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Arcsquad12 posted:

So are these first few creation club mods made in house by Bethesda or are they by community members who got in early?

They are actually sub-contracted micro-transactions.

They originators of the premium items are "modders" who got paid a set amount, all rights are permanently reserved to Bethesda, the modders don't get poo poo apparently.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

RagnarokZ posted:

They originators of the premium items are "modders" who got paid a set amount,

Just when I thought it couldn't get any scummier.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is poo poo I wouldn't install if it was free.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

This is poo poo I wouldn't install if it was free.

If it were free I'd install the backpack (it's quite nice looking and has a fuckton of options) and maybe the furniture.

Oh look, that's two of the three (probably) done by actual modders/third parties as opposed to shat out by Bethesda.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

turn off the TV posted:

The mod that removes lights probably breaks the area's occlusion culling. A lot of the alleged optimization mods that edit world locations actually end up making performance significantly worse by not regenerating previs at all.

That would make sense but I wouldn't have thought that looking at how Lights Off works, it just takes everything in the "Light" category and adds the "off by default" flag. In the past, before I added NAC/NAI, it was getting me 60fps indoors to turn off most of the lights like that.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

MikeJF posted:

Just when I thought it couldn't get any scummier.

Actually this is probably a better system for modders. From what I recall of Valve's model you had to get past a certain threshold of sales before you saw a penny. At least this way modders are getting paid regardless, even if the possibility of getting rich off creating the next must-have mod is gone.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nevets posted:

Actually this is probably a better system for modders. From what I recall of Valve's model you had to get past a certain threshold of sales before you saw a penny. At least this way modders are getting paid regardless, even if the possibility of getting rich off creating the next must-have mod is gone.

Yeah I mean upfront pay and a portion of the gross revenue would be preferable but out of a hypothetical chance at royalties and an upfront sum, I would pick the upfront sum. You get paid for your time and labour at least. Albeit probably a lovely amount.

We already have a word for a system whereby you are encouraged to put in labour which profits a company in exchange for an opportunity to earn a possible commission and also to try and get as many people to do the same thing as possible.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 1, 2017

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The the CC update break any other mods? A few days ago suddenly a bunch of my weapon mods stopped working in that they're now invisible objects. I've been trying to diagnose if I just added a mod at the end of my loading order that messed something up- but I keep removing things and still no solution.

And ideas on how to fix this?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Remember how Bethesda made a big deal about the mods on CC being "curated" and "tested" and such? Is anyone really shocked that basic testing wasn't done and now modders are fixing it?

Also, just so that this post isn't just more bitching about CC, here's something awesome:

NCR Patrolman and Trooper armor. REALLY good quality, by the looks of it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26497/

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This is Bethesda's idea of testing, though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder what will happen when they start releasing CK content that has DLC dependencies due to being built from far harbor and nuka world assets.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Bethesda could be competent but they want to make money and not expend any effort which is why you get hilarious 'download all the mods everyone lol' garbage. They are incapable of doing this right because they don't want to. If they did they wouldn't have hosed up so bad the first time.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gonkish posted:

NCR Patrolman and Trooper armor. REALLY good quality, by the looks of it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26497/

Made by L0rd0fWar, the guy who did the Rebel Armor and Mercenary stuff, so definitely high quality stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
There is actually one positive side to this latest game update in regards to modding: It adds new keywords to the Pipboy allowing you to add new skins that can be changed at an armor bench without running the risk of accidentally unequipping your pipboy,

And what better way of showing this new system than this mod that adds these four completely incidental skins.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26510/