Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol Zaphod42 aka NeoSteve is bitchin bout raid matchmaking in the PC thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*extremely ron perlman voice* zaphod..zaphod never changes

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, it's hilarious. I bet he does a coder-wife meltdown within the hour

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Just gotta reply "See you on the 6th!"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I dont understand if people seriously expect bungie to provide workarounds for stuff like empowered callouts without voice comms? Even if they used the most huge and obnoxious hud icons to mark stuff happening you still need someone to say 'ok i got left' or whatever

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Nah this will reduce the grind overall. Once you get to the end game loot chase you're going to want to have three characters anyway since most activities reward only once a week per character. Best option is to run the story through on each character with your bros who are doing the same and just get it done with.

See I never did that in Destiny 1. I stuck with my Titan. I like keeping it simple I guess I don't know.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

kecske posted:

I dont understand if people seriously expect bungie to provide workarounds for stuff like empowered callouts without voice comms? Even if they used the most huge and obnoxious hud icons to mark stuff happening you still need someone to say 'ok i got left' or whatever

Yeah i don't quite get it myself. like you can do a raid without everyone having a mic but if someone is gonna come in here and tell me that they and 5 of their pals did Oryx without anyone having a mic and just using emotes and poo poo im gonna assume they got more than a touch of the tism

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I used to be one of those people who pissed and moaned about how bungie had included this entire game mode that you couldn't play unless you were like a World of Warcraft person with uh a Hardcore Gamer Clan or something but then I found out about the100 and turns out raids are dope. Also adding matchmaking would mean having to massively dilute everything that makes them great.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah i don't quite get it myself. like you can do a raid without everyone having a mic but if someone is gonna come in here and tell me that they and 5 of their pals did Oryx without anyone having a mic and just using emotes and poo poo im gonna assume they got more than a touch of the tism

Wave for first platform, wave for second platform, wave for third platform. Wave for getting the brand, wave for stealing the brand, wave for shooting oryx, wave for bombs.

I think, as long as there are things to keep clans from being pricks, the guided games can be an amazing resource for getting raids done and getting new regular members.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

presumably you did it with chat the first couple times? Once everyone has it all down i imagine you could autopilot it from there on

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am wary of people asking for matchmaking for raids because theres a type of people on mmo games that want to do everything solo. They want to do group content alone. They want to solo a raid and get the same reward somebody doing it with a team. They (of course) want the difficulty to scale down to 1 single person doing the raid. They want every reward in the game to be access by their soloer ways.

And many mmos cave to these demands, and that make everything bland. Group content is just soloer content with more people and more mobs. Not different. Nothing is a achievement, just a long or longer grind. Nobody want to group anymore because if you want to do content solo, you don't have to deal with the effort of LFM-ing or LFG-ing. Thats how MMO's die, and the genre at the moment looks like a elephant cemetery full of these bones of what use to be team games.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Even though I spend most of my time solo just because I'm weird, I would probably never touch raids if I couldn't have a group of people I can chat with during the raid. Strikes, like one of you said, already feels like just having 2 NPCs tagging along with you. I would hate raids to be wordless and be so easy that you wouldn't need to do call outs or explain mechanics.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
how would I filter out below <lightlevel>, no gally, under 14, lives in a basement, earns less than $50k bads if matchmaking was implemented ???

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

tqilamknbrd posted:

how would I filter out below <lightlevel>, no gally, under 14, lives in a basement, earns less than $50k bads if matchmaking was implemented ???

The standard way has always been advertising a guild like this:

"guild searching for mature people with mic, that is ok to chill and try content together and avoid wife agro"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

tqilamknbrd posted:

Why aren't you playing with goons?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I think that the matchmaking for the raids will be fine and maybe im stupid but i trust Bungie to implement it properly.

It would have been cool in some of the earlier raids to practice some of the tougher parts like the peen wall without the pressure of a LFG group sighing as you fell for the 18th time so a dumbed down raid in comparison to the proper team raids will be a good thing imho, it should also embolden some of the more timid unsure players to join LFG groups etc which would be a good thing for everyone in the long run.

As long as the main raids dont suffer as a result then i struggle to see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Solo raids would be loving ace if they could make it work but I'm so ready for matchmaking. I don't give a single poopoo about the ~experience~ being ruined by the lack of difficulty or whatever. Just let me see the cool things and get more loot. There's absolutely zero reason why they can't exist for any type of player.

Serf
May 5, 2011

If the matchmaking raids don't have loot as good as the regular raids I don't see there being much of an issue.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Raid match making would be the most retarded poo poo ever.... so it kinda surprises me bungie haven't done it, as they have an illustrious record of doing the most retarded poo poo ever.

I started this game a no body shmo with no destiny friends. Now I've got 500 spergs on my friends list and irl mates too because of the heavy emphasis on team work in Destiny. Its the best thing about the game.

If i played solo i would stopped playing week 3.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Kilometers Davis posted:

Solo raids would be loving ace if they could make it work but I'm so ready for matchmaking. I don't give a single poopoo about the ~experience~ being ruined by the lack of difficulty or whatever. Just let me see the cool things and get more loot. There's absolutely zero reason why they can't exist for any type of player.

Someone post the steve gif

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't care for experience as much as I care about having a mic, and having intent to give a poo poo. I don't want people AFKing or griefing raid groups. And I don't want to be FORCED to use matchmaking just because we're down a guy or I wanna just try something dumb solo or someone drops out. Because Bungie is incapable of making matchmaking optional. "don't give a poo poo that you would rather 2-man this strike with your friend, here's some fuckface who'll afk at the start just for the rewards".

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Raid match making would be the most retarded poo poo ever.... so it kinda surprises me bungie haven't done it, as they have an illustrious record of doing the most retarded poo poo ever.

I started this game a no body shmo with no destiny friends. Now I've got 500 spergs on my friends list and irl mates too because of the heavy emphasis on team work in Destiny. Its the best thing about the game.

If i played solo i would stopped playing week 3.

They need to keep the proper raids as in D1 for the good poo poo, and let the schmoes join a watered down version for some kit that is on a par with what drops from from standard matchmaking. That way everyone is happy.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
they have that, they're called strikes - for you and 2 of your best buds

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

CheeseFactory posted:

Someone post the steve gif

http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

I don't care for experience as much as I care about having a mic, and having intent to give a poo poo. I don't want people AFKing or griefing raid groups. And I don't want to be FORCED to use matchmaking just because we're down a guy or I wanna just try something dumb solo or someone drops out. Because Bungie is incapable of making matchmaking optional. "don't give a poo poo that you would rather 2-man this strike with your friend, here's some fuckface who'll afk at the start just for the rewards".

I know it would get abused but I feel like a vote kick option would help the strikes

Would bone krew kick every mook that joined? probably. But I'd still think it would be helpful.

Or Destiny could get a lot more strict about afk times and not getting loot if you only got two kills and you started from the beginning of the strike

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

hitchensgoespop posted:

I think that the matchmaking for the raids will be fine and maybe im stupid but i trust Bungie to implement it properly.

It would have been cool in some of the earlier raids to practice some of the tougher parts like the peen wall without the pressure of a LFG group sighing as you fell for the 18th time so a dumbed down raid in comparison to the proper team raids will be a good thing imho, it should also embolden some of the more timid unsure players to join LFG groups etc which would be a good thing for everyone in the long run.

There are two reasons why the community at large (and by it I am not talking about the goon groups here) does not want raid matchmaking, and it's the same reasons why they don't want Bungie to dilute endgame by adding more rewarding solo player options.

1. They have invested too much time into taking their dicks and conveniently shut them into wooden doors to think that the game might be more enjoyable if it was any less obtuse. It's the "kids these days"/"road in the snow and uphill to school and back"
2. They hope the full playerbase will be available at fingertips to complete their fireteams, that is if people need to play raid to have high end loot then you will find people queueing up for LFG or still available to join a late monday game of "quick shooting missiles at crota"

God forbid to dare to suggest anything that would make the precious raid experience, including making RNJesus to be less gangrenous or early game less stunted as progression (thanks god with the spring update to The Taken King we absolutely got rid about progression stopgaps, so everyone in D2 should be able to raid in hardmode without raiding in easy mode for 20000 times, just the couple of time to learn mechanics. Probably we got rid of Jesus with Gangrene as well, but that's an answer to be given on 6th October).

All the large pro-raid/pro-trials brown-sea communities are more akin to the bitcoin community translated to gaming than people somehow interested in the game.

hitchensgoespop posted:

As long as the main raids dont suffer as a result then i struggle to see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Everyone secretly knows that Bungie when they do things they do it in one way. Their design decision affects everyone. Weapon balance? PVP and PVE. Loot Drops? PVP and PVE. Luke Smith decides that you must not shop for faction ? There you are and you are going to be shoved both Crucible commendations and Vanguard Commendations down your troath and get hosed if you didn't reach level 3 before TdB with all your characters on all factions.

Raid Matchmaking would mean that globally puzzles would become easier and on top of it you would still be able to see the boss, and after that you could possibly walk away and enjoy other videogames instead of helping the "Famous Twitch Streamer Army" to get their thousandth completion. This must not pass, of course.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Waffle House posted:

The old 2,000+ member SA Goons Community Group expired on bungie.net, or at least the accounts that administrated it went stale.

Here's a new one; currently set to public join, feel free to SWARM. (I'll appoint admins as volunteers crop up or appoint themselves.)

Today, Big Dumb Space Mans (PS4/PC Clan) completely filled all 100 member slots.
Bigger, Dumber Space Mans [KINK] is now accepting members new and old to continue SomethingAwful's Destiny community growth.

We welcome your non-goon friends.

Please either post up in this thread if you apply, or come by the Discord channel for matchmaking and shooting mans.

OP, please add this to the info about PS4 clans!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

I know it would get abused but I feel like a vote kick option would help the strikes

http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

App'd to Bigger Dumber Space Mans as lyereth

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

dreffen posted:

App'd to Bigger Dumber Space Mans as lyereth

Awesome I'll ping people to approve you.

It'll be two PS4/PC clans and we'll use the same Discord as a launch pad so the two clans can intermingle naturally!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im not owned

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Applied to BDSMer as psn LeFishy

I tried the PC Beta last night on my ancient desktop and it actually ran and looked really good.

I'm still getting it on PS4 but I'm glad the port seems at the very least well optimised.

LeFishy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 31, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

Would bone krew kick every mook that joined? probably. But I'd still think it would be helpful.

Or Destiny could get a lot more strict about afk times and not getting loot if you only got two kills and you started from the beginning of the strike

A prompt should appear when someone on the squad is afk for more than 30 seconds. If the other two vote yes, then the afker gets a prompt to tell them they're about to get kicked and must move. If not responded to within 10 seconds they're booted. If the player goes back to afk for another 20 sec after the first warning then the other two can vote him out and he gets booted without reprise and can't play a strike for another 30 minutes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm down for that

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm going on vacation on the 8th and when I get back everyone is gonna be way kitted out while I'm running through story missions as a lil baby noob

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Raid matchmaking is dumb, and you're dumb for wanting it.
Get some friends you loving anti-social nerds.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Emron posted:

I'm going on vacation on the 8th and when I get back everyone is gonna be way kitted out while I'm running through story missions as a lil baby noob

It comes out in the middle of my class week and while I'm watching my parents place while they're on vacation. Probably won't see much playtime until Friday or the weekend so I hear ya.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

To be clear i have a regular group that i raid with every Friday.

I just remember what it was like wanting to do the raids but worried that i would drag everyone down, then joining groups that weren't patient and being put off for the next few months.

If i recall the number of people that complete a raid or even make any significant progress in shockingly small. That's a significant issue for Bungie in my opinion, that the main end game activity is SO heavily gated because significant functionality isn't build into the game itself.

To be fair ive not looked for a raid group since the XBOX LFG functionality was introduced but initially LFG was a crap shoot

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Or I could play video games how I prefer. Solo or grouped via quick matchmaking with voice chat off/muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

To be clear i have a regular group that i raid with every Friday.

I just remember what it was like wanting to do the raids but worried that i would drag everyone down, then joining groups that weren't patient and being put off for the next few months.

If i recall the number of people that complete a raid or even make any significant progress in shockingly small. That's a significant issue for Bungie in my opinion, that the main end game activity is SO heavily gated because significant functionality isn't build into the game itself.

To be fair ive not looked for a raid group since the XBOX LFG functionality was introduced but initially LFG was a crap shoot

The one sort of benefit of being in a bad random raid group is that you can immediately abandon ship and drop out because you will never see those people ever again and just look for another fireteam. I've had plenty of bad times raiding through destinylfg but if the content is popular at the moment it is trivial to find a new group.