Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Javid posted:

air cooling something something overheat, probably.

e: I predict it winds up as long sleeve + glove between her first couple appearances and any final battle she participates in, though.

Why do I get the feeling she's going to punch Danny's glow fist and it'll turn out her fist is made of vibranium (cause why the hell not) and he'll have no effect on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

As Nero Danced posted:

Why do I get the feeling she's going to punch Danny's glow fist and it'll turn out her fist is made of vibranium (cause why the hell not) and he'll have no effect on her.

Because Danny getting chumped over and over hasn't gotten old yet?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

As Nero Danced posted:

If their meet (again?) cute ends with Danny getting blown back by Misty's steadfast piston arm, all of this other garbage might be worth it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Because Danny getting chumped over and over hasn't gotten old yet?

Next time Danny shows up, I want this scene but it's Danny vs a little girl on a playground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_9gHzW8vo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They also shoot in HDR and need to paint metallic surfaces because it shows up too brightly and blinds viewers. They also need to do it because everything is too loving dark to beging with and they're stupid.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

1/2 the thread: The plotting in The Defenders blew, and the fighting scenes are a clusterfuck, what happened with the entire franchise?
Other 1/2: The CGI on that hand looks awful.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Seriously, they couldn't even afford to shoot in a studio with level floors?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

It's too bad s2 of ITB dipped so hard in quality, including the fight scenes.

well poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gynovore posted:

Seriously, they couldn't even afford to shoot in a studio with level floors?

In this grim Nazi/HYDRA future, there are no more level floors.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's pretty dumb, actually.

Well yeah it's Iron Fist.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I don't know if it's just me but my Netflix doesn't even show Danny Rand as the picture for Iron Fist anymore, it's just a picture of the Meachum siblings.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Aphrodite posted:

If I had a bionic arm I would not only go sleeveless, I would get t-shirts that say "I'm with My Bionic Arm" and an arrow.

Already kind of a thing, apparently:

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I resubscribed to netflix to watch this. I don't feel ripped off or anything, but all told I kind of wish I could tell my past self not to bother.

Well at least Castlevania is supposed to be pretty good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bojack Horseman comes out next week, don't worry, you'll get your money's worth.

And Castlevania is very good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Bojack Horseman comes out next week, don't worry, you'll get your money's worth.

And Castlevania is very good.

I'm really looking forward to the story now that the prologue's been made. Here's hoping that it's all good and doesn't fall apart like Samurai Jack.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Finally finished Defenders. It was like a tube of Pringles. I binged through the first half and realised there was no nutritional value but I continued anyway and now I feel all bloated and unwell.

Luke and Jessica were good characters in their own shows, but had nothing to do here. What a waste.
The villains were boring, their plan nebulous and implications for everyone else unclear.
Remember Killgrave? Remember Cottonmouth? Those were some villains you could love to hate. A member of the hand dies? Whatever. Don't care.
The fights all seemed to be in darkness and I could barely tell what was happening.

Danny was dumb, boring and unlikable and oh how original a billionaire who's also a superhero, what's Notch's alter-ego? Maybe he's less lame in his own show.

It might have been OK if it was more episodic and each character gets a turn at being the main hero, with the arc being more in the background.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It really can't be emphasized enough just how bad most of the action in Defenders is.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bitterandtwisted posted:

The villains were boring, their plan nebulous and implications for everyone else unclear.

They wanted more dragon blood to continue living forever and have the power to return to K'un-Lun. This only has personal impact for Danny [Chosen protector of K'un-Lun] and Daredevil [Up to his rear end in stupid ninja poo poo].

quote:

Maybe he's less lame in his own show.

Ha ha ha ha, ahhhh, no. He's lamer.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

What would happen if they got to K'un L'un and lived forever I don't recall why that was bad

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Their immortality requires dragon bones and a lot of child blood. They aren't wanted in K'un Lun. They're gross and icky.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Their immortality requires dragon bones and a lot of child blood. They aren't wanted in K'un Lun. They're gross and icky.

Probably why they say "the substance" then? Doubt having a talk about "We are almost out of the dragon bone and child blood" would go so well in mixed company.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

MiddleOne posted:

It really can't be emphasized enough just how bad most of the action in Defenders is.

They got a genuine martial artist of ridiculous talent to play Elektra and then they never let her show off, esp in that first scene. the gently caress.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

HIJK posted:

They got a genuine martial artist of ridiculous talent to play Elektra and then they never let her show off, esp in that first scene. the gently caress.
She's a karate black belt, lets not get loving carried away...

Stunt fighting is an entirely different kettle of fish to boot. It's as much reliant on the stunt team as it is on the actor. Jackie Chan's stunts are legendary because he cultivated a legendary stunt team, not because he's a legendary fighter (hint: because he isn't).

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In a perfect world every TV-show would commit as much to taking stunts as seriously as Spartacus did.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tooterfish posted:

She's a karate black belt, lets not get loving carried away...

Stunt fighting is an entirely different kettle of fish to boot. It's as much reliant on the stunt team as it is on the actor. Jackie Chan's stunts are legendary because he cultivated a legendary stunt team, not because he's a legendary fighter (hint: because he isn't).

Oh that's good to hear. When I think 'legendary fighter' I think of like, some video game superboss. No one who actually exists ever comes to mind.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

In a perfect world every TV-show would commit as much to taking stunts as seriously as Spartacus did.

Spartacus' showrunner doing Daredevil 1 (but not 2, look at the difference) is the reason why the Marvel TV Netflix universe even still has goodwill.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Darko posted:

Spartacus' showrunner doing Daredevil 1 (but not 2, look at the difference) is the reason why the Marvel TV Netflix universe even still has goodwill.

No, it's not. Netflix said more people watched Jessica Jones than Daredevil, and more people watched it before Daredevil than vice versa.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Oh that's good to hear. When I think 'legendary fighter' I think of like, some video game superboss. No one who actually exists ever comes to mind.

Well, no one who currently exists. Imagine Bruce Lee and Richard Roundtree's Power Man and Iron Fist, circa 1975...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

McSpanky posted:

Well, no one who currently exists. Imagine Bruce Lee and Richard Roundtree's Power Man and Iron Fist, circa 1975...

Oh, god yes.

You fucker, now you're making me wish this existed.

It's been suggested often before, but Tarantino could do a really good Heroes for Hire period piece.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

1983 Chuck Norris and Mr T would also have been a legendary Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but cheesy as all hell.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I liked The Defenders overall but any time Danny was on screen was a down point. Unless it was him getting clowned on. I never finished Iron Fist, I got so bored halfway through due to the clumsy action and downright boring protagonist. loving mighty whitey shitbag

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

moths posted:

1983 Chuck Norris and Mr T would also have been a legendary Iron Fist and Luke Cage, but cheesy as all hell.

That's loving hilarious to imagine. I gotta go think on that and whether it would be god awful or awesome.

leaning towards awesome.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

homullus posted:

No, it's not. Netflix said more people watched Jessica Jones than Daredevil, and more people watched it before Daredevil than vice versa.

Where are you getting the data that more people watched JJ than Daredevil? I am seeing that most people watched it first and that frequently the viewer of one would go straight to the other but I don't see anywhere that it was the most watched.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McSpanky posted:

I just feel like legendary is a real strong word to be using to describe people is all.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Bust Rodd posted:

Where are you getting the data that more people watched JJ than Daredevil? I am seeing that most people watched it first and that frequently the viewer of one would go straight to the other but I don't see anywhere that it was the most watched.

"I am seeing"? What, are you only going to reveal your sources if it turns out they trump the other poster's sources? Also who the gently caress cares.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, sorry, I don't remember. Maybe I dreamed it all up.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
I just finished the Defenders and wow, people weren't kidding that the Hand loving sucks. Why would they make extremely lame mystical immortal ninjas the Big Bad of Netflix Marvel? Jessica/Luke's scoffing at all the Kun Lun talk was the only thing that resonated with me.

I was so hyped with Wilson Fisk for the future of the Marvel shows. I'd take evil real estate shitheads over ninjas anyday.

LinYutang fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 10, 2017

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

LinYutang posted:

I just finished the Defenders and wow, people weren't kidding that the Hand loving sucks. Why would they make extremely lame mystical immortal ninjas the Big Bad of Netflix Marvel? Jessica/Luke's scoffing at all the Kun Lun talk was the only thing that resonated with me.

I was so hyped with Wilson Fisk for the future of the Marvel shows. I'd take evil real estate shitheads over ninjas anyday.

They're playing Fist up like Thanos in the MCU. Teased him early, then sat him out for a couple years.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

What's the latest update on JJ2? Is it scheduled for March 2018 as usual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

moths posted:

True. Or maybe they'd already Black Sky'd the kid.

I feel like it was this penciled-in threat that didn't stand up to the framework they built around it.

The Black Sky is... just another ninja.