Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

CrashCat posted:

spoken like a true non splat haver, condolences

I have splatoon, and the graffiti is fantastic...but the graffiti is aesthetic only, not a core game function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

miiverse adds a lot of fun to wii u games that integrate it well (splatoon, mario maker, wind waker, etc) and it's a travesty it's going away

i really hope they have something similar lined up for switch but wouldn't be surprised if they don't. it's not necessarily great business sense to encourage people to post in an enclosed social media space when they could be sharing game screenshots with all their twitter and facebook friends

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

jivjov posted:

I have splatoon, and the graffiti is fantastic...but the graffiti is aesthetic only, not a core game function.

this is a bad post

when i booted up splatoon 2 demo and saw that you could still have drawings AND you could still yeah/fresh them i lost my god drat mind

splatoon 2 literally would not have felt the same without what miiverse brought to the plaza in 1. it would have felt so empty.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm going to miss the weird and occasionally depressing messages in Mario 3D World.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I don't understand why Nintendo is getting rid of one of the best things they did last generation. Miiverse was one of my favorite social networks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cloks posted:

I'm going to miss the weird and occasionally depressing messages in Mario 3D World.

:same: it was weird to see an image clearly just doodles by a kid playing the game right next to some dark depressing rear end poo poo from an adult.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jivjov posted:

If you think aesthetic is not a core game function of Splatoon, I can't even begin to explain how wrong you are

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am gonna miss the miiverse. it was really fun to get messages in bottles containing selfies of Link crackin faces in front of the lion boat

anywho RIP miiverse, here are some miiverse posts that i found on my computer

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Well I guess Miitomo is the true Miiverse now.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well I guess Miitomo is the true Miiverse now.

miitomo had so much potential but for wildly different reasons than miiverse. i almost liked it as much as miiverse but the whole thing came crumbling apart when day 1 of week 2 i was asked several of the same questions i had already been asked.

like half a year ago i reinstalled the game on a lark and literally the first nine or ten questions it asked me i distinctly remember having answered previously.

miitomo tries to be sort of a social media platform like twitter or facebook by encouraging you to tell people about your week but that was the stuff i absolutely did not give a shot about. i already have twitter and facebook for those things. i want to know your favorite cheese and what celebrity you're paying most attention to.

i don't care if it's just nintendo collecting data-- i just posted nonsense 24/7. i dressed myself up in skimpy clothing and made my voice as annoying as possible. i requested and accepted as many friends as possible. i fell into a horrible shitposting vortex and it was amazing.

i want it back nintendo. get rid of the repeat questions

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://youtu.be/LPme2gSE46U

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I liked posting trip photos on from wandering around Xenoverse X. Alas poor Miiverse, taken before its time.

Augus fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 31, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Posting Wind Waker selfies was cool too. :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

For anyone who missed it, here was Nintendo's Nindies showcase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8OCBFl1Qg

It's mostly Switch stuff, but I think a few are both Switch and 3DS.

Here's this week's drop.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Zed Blade | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £31.49 / €34.99 (eShop Only)
League of Evil | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 (eShop Only)
Lego Worlds | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop / Retail) (September 5 NA / September 8 PAL)
R.B.I. Baseball 2017 | NA | $29.99 (eShop / Retail) (September 5)

WiiU
Annihilation | NA | $1.89 (eShop Only)

3DS
Culdcept Revolt | PAL | £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (September 1)
Parascientific Escape: Crossing at the Farthest Horizon | PAL | £4.99 / €5.00 (eShop Only)

Dropping on Switch this week is Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, the double pack featuring both Azure Striker Gunvolt 1+2. The games have been upgraded to 60fps, with a new UI and all the DLC included. ACA NeoGeo Zed Blade is a side-scrolling shoot-em-up. League of Evil is a retro 8-bit style action platformer, with 140 levels plus a level editor included. Lego Worlds is also dropping, just a few days apart between NA and PAL. NA is also getting R.B.I. Baseball 2017, no sign of it coming to PAL as far as I can see but you can just buy it on the eShop using an NA account anyway.

On the WiiU, NA are getting a multiplayer top-down action game called Annihilation.

On the 3DS, PAL countries are getting Culdcept Revolt. It's been delayed slightly in NA, and is due out on October 3rd. PAL is also getting Parascientific Escape: Crossing at the Farthest Horizon, a puzzle/escape room game which dropped in NA a few weeks ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I want the Gunvolt pack but I've spent so much money on games already this month.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Why is it 40 bucks

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Why is it 40 bucks

New Switch thread title spotted.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

New Switch thread title spotted.

Signed

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

irlZaphod posted:

3DS
Culdcept Revolt | PAL | £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (September 1)

It looks like Culdcept has been delayed in the UK too. Eshop says 5th of October and Nintendo UK says 6th of October.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Posting Wind Waker selfies was cool too. :(

i had played wind waker on the gcn already but i had a friend playing it on the wii u for the first time. he seemed to be enjoying tingle bottles so that strongly encouraged me to replay the game and looking for fun things to take pictures of and draw jokes about them.

like... it sounds silly to say but that playthrough wouldn't have existed without miiverse and it was really fun. made me take a game if played before a little slower and pay closer attention to details. i'm also generally poo poo at drawing but something about doing it on miiverse made me care about that less, with the added benefit of digital formats being easy to correct drawing mistakes.

at the risk of tooting my own horn, here were a few of my favorite posts i made

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/655078957620948993

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

i had played wind waker on the gcn already but i had a friend playing it on the wii u for the first time. he seemed to be enjoying tingle bottles so that strongly encouraged me to replay the game and looking for fun things to take pictures of and draw jokes about them.

like... it sounds silly to say but that playthrough wouldn't have existed without miiverse and it was really fun. made me take a game if played before a little slower and pay closer attention to details. i'm also generally poo poo at drawing but something about doing it on miiverse made me care about that less, with the added benefit of digital formats being easy to correct drawing mistakes.

at the risk of tooting my own horn, here were a few of my favorite posts i made

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/655078957620948993

You can also use Miiverse photos for model-making, which can be incredibly time-saving if you're lucky and hate yourself enough to complete the sets.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I really hope WindWaker gets another re-release on Switch, or a Virtual Console version whenever they get round to launching that.

It's the one Zelda I've never played, released on the two Nintendo consoles I've never owned.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Honestly, I've legit been using the screenshot function of the Switch to post screenshots to my twitter. I didn't really use twitter to begin with, so it's actually been kinda cool.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fremry posted:

Honestly, I've legit been using the screenshot function of the Switch to post screenshots to my twitter. I didn't really use twitter to begin with, so it's actually been kinda cool.

I gave up on my twitter about three years ago. Right now it's a dumping ground for Switch and PS4 screenshots.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beastie posted:

I gave up on my twitter about three years ago. Right now it's a dumping ground for Switch and PS4 screenshots.

Yeah. It's nothing but #ps4share and #switch #splatoon2

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Froist posted:

I really hope WindWaker gets another re-release on Switch, or a Virtual Console version whenever they get round to launching that.

It's the one Zelda I've never played, released on the two Nintendo consoles I've never owned.

Same, but they need to finally add camera invert options. It's infuriating that something that simple was left out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Twitter is the new miiverse.

RIP Twitter

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Beastie posted:

Yeah, exactly. My YouTube account is just a dump of PS4 clips, and I'm assuming will also be a dump of Switch clips if/when they get video capture working.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Froist posted:

One day you're in for a treat. It's (imo) easily the best 3d Zelda that isn't BOTW.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

If you haven't played Affordable Space Adventures on wii u, clear it before miiverse goes down. I can only imagine the ending will be much less impactful without it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

One day you're in for a treat. It's (imo) easily the best 3d Zelda that isn't BOTW.

Hell, a WiiU's worth buying just for having every single home-console Legend of Zelda playable on it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

xedo posted:

If you haven't played Affordable Space Adventures on wii u, clear it before miiverse goes down. I can only imagine the ending will be much less impactful without it.

Dang you're right, that was probably my favorite part of the game. It was in one of the two Nintendo Humble Indie Bundles so anyone who bought that and hasn't played it definitely should.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fawf posted:

Dang you're right, that was probably my favorite part of the game. It was in one of the two Nintendo Humble Indie Bundles so anyone who bought that and hasn't played it definitely should.

Thirding this. It's a great overlooked indie game that makes full use of the Wii U gamepad.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Froist posted:

You could grab the Gamecube version and play it on the Wii, if I'm understanding you correctly.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I had always meant to snag up a pile of gamecube titles I had never played before on the cheap to use with my old Wii. I should hook it up as a supplement to my Switch again. The homebrew scene was always fascinating. Mines as tricked out as you can go without altering hardware physically.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
My Wii runs everything except Wii games since the disc reader is busted.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
My drive is actually sketchy now too, now that you mention it. I can play isos and compressed wbfs or whatever they are called files though right off my external hard drive though, which gives the entire unit more life. I almost forgot the drive was borked. drat.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's this week's drop.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Blue's Journey | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Double Dragon IV | NA | PAL | $6.99 / £8.59 / €9.49 (eShop Only)
Lego Worlds | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop / Retail) (September 5 NA / September 8 PAL)
Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
NeuroVoider | NA | PAL | $13.99 / £12.99 / €13.99 (eShop Only)
Physical Contact 2048 | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £4.49 / €5.00 (eShop Only)
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (September 12)
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ | PAL | £35.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (September 7 PAL)
The Bridge | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)

WiiU
China Warrior (TG16) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Detana Twin Bee (TG16) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Earthlock: Festival of Magic | PAL | £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
The Gem Collector | PAL | £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)

3DS
Crystareino | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Monster Hunter Stories | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (September 8)

I've no idea why Double Dragon IV is so expensive in PAL region.

Rayman Legends is dropping on Tuesday next week, while PAL are finally getting Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (although we've been able to download it from the eShop using an NA account anyway).

WiiU is on life support, and is getting a couple of TG-16 games on Virtual Console in NA. In PAL region, it's getting a couple of games also.

3DS has a few big releases coming up, the first of which is Monster Hunter Stories.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Here's this week's drop.

Thanks for the update, they're very much appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Heads up: Lego Worlds is $29.99 on the Eshop, but doesn't come with the DLC.

The physical edition is $39.99 and comes with both DLC (I believe one is not released yet)