Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

I think the one thing so far that is annoying about this game is the hunting quest system. Hunts are some of my favorite quests but the whole rigamarole of going to only certain restaurants to get the proper one for your area and having them scattered all over the place is annoying...you have cellphones, you should be able to just call into Hunter HQ and see a full list

That was probably my single least favorite aspect of FFXV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I don't like that you can only take 1 at a time, as well.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I think the one thing so far that is annoying about this game is the hunting quest system. Hunts are some of my favorite quests but the whole rigamarole of going to only certain restaurants to get the proper one for your area and having them scattered all over the place is annoying...you have cellphones, you should be able to just call into Hunter HQ and see a full list

its so you can meander around a gas station and look at some delicious food while a wistful tune plays

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Started playing through 13-3 again lately. It's a very calming game except for the Dryads in the Jagd Woods. Whether you're fighting four at once or just one, one of those motherfuckers is going to summon 2 more Dryads. It pisses me off

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres a really fast way to stagger those .. maybe aero or fira its been a long time since ive played

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
or you can just blitz them and kill most of them at once i think ..... i think ..............

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

I.N.R.I posted:

theres a really fast way to stagger those .. maybe aero or fira its been a long time since ive played

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go to the desert next and get some fire magic. Went to the Wild Lands first because I forgot about the Dryads. My favorite thing about 13-3 is that it's a genuine mechanic to just sit there and kill all the Dryads until they're extinct. It's loving cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a whole night cycle where all the encounters were bugged out, either endlessly spawning enemies that couldn't be hurt or having encounters not end after everything was dead and now I'm waiting patiently near a red giant slowly ticking down it's health in the daytime so I can use the car again

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

No whale song in the intro music... what the gently caress???

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

rediscover posted:

yoooo i don't even care if it looks kind of goofy, the idea of a secret of mana remake w/ possible extra stuff etc is extremely win to me. Hype for this

Looking goofy is true to the original and the game is better for it

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Just dove into the final fantasy franchise. I had bought FFV on PSN a while back, so I'm starting with that. Is this one of the harder final fantasys if I'm retarded when it comes to building characters and general JRPG strats? I was getting through it pretty all right, but I got to the gun ship in world one and hit a wall

I know it's weak to electricity, but it still wipes my party

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Just dove into the final fantasy franchise. I had bought FFV on PSN a while back, so I'm starting with that. Is this one of the harder final fantasys if I'm retarded when it comes to building characters and general JRPG strats? I was getting through it pretty all right, but I got to the gun ship in world one and hit a wall

I know it's weak to electricity, but it still wipes my party

That's probably not a great one to jump in on because it's entirely based around the job system and mixing and matching jobs and skills. None of the PS1 classic versions are great ports but I would start with 6 personally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

V is probably the easiest and the hardest because the sheer customizability can be a little overwhelming but also means there's 1000 ways to make yourself brokenly OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still in Chapter 3...it's going to be so insane when I finally get to see what's in the Disc of Cauthess

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFV is just fine to get into but I'd hate to play the PS1 version. Soul Cannon is a big roadblock in the game because you have to beat it fast otherwise you'll die to the hp drain after its big laser attack or if you survive that your party may be inflicted with old and your damage output will steadily drop. If 4 black mages with thundara isn't working I would recommend starting the fight by breaking a thunder rod which should kill the 2 side cannons.

To break a rod you just equip it then select it from your equipment in the items menu. It's fairly useful early on for big damage.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yeah I got the Ramuh summon, so I've got that on my summoner and it does more damage than Bolt 2. Haven't gotten Thundera yet tho

I should probably make my Monk/Ninja a summoner for that fight since he's not really doing much otherwise. My knight at least has a coral sword that does good damage

E: oh is thundera the same as Bolt 2?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

V is probably the easiest and the hardest because the sheer customizability can be a little overwhelming but also means there's 1000 ways to make yourself brokenly OP.

That's my main concern. I'll get all the way to the end and fight out I didn't use the right jobs and now I need to grind 1000+ job points to get the right abilities

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Yeah I got the Ramuh summon, so I've got that on my summoner and it does more damage than Bolt 2. Haven't gotten Thundera yet tho

I should probably make my Monk/Ninja a summoner for that fight since he's not really doing much otherwise. My knight at least has a coral sword that does good damage

E: oh is thundera the same as Bolt 2?

Yeah it's the same. The ninja could be good if you have access to elemental scrolls at this point in the game but I don't remember if you do.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

That's my main concern. I'll get all the way to the end and fight out I didn't use the right jobs and now I need to grind 1000+ job points to get the right abilities

I don't think you'll need to worry about this. FFV can be beaten with pretty much any combination of jobs, and it sounds like you're using a lot of good ones already.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

dont worry about it, its pretty much impossible to gimp yourself. berserkers the only trap choice job and it sucks real fuckin bad so you wouldnt want to use it anyway

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah it's the same. The ninja could be good if you have access to elemental scrolls at this point in the game but I don't remember if you do.

yyeah you can buy them in Butz' hometown

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after 25 hours and 50 levels I think im finally ready to move on from Chapter 3. I have a feeling I made myself super OP for the upcoming story stuff since it has a Level 18 requirement

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just tried a timed weekly quest for the first time and it took me 20 min to kill all 20 enemies. Nothing matches the despair of 2 Malbadooms blocking you in against a wall while they charge Bad Breath.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna try a weekly but th current one is in a way later chapter. Hopefully I can get there before the week is up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when i was playing the weekly was a hunt against an enemy i couldnt find and then I got points for playing when it was over without actually doing anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah you get points just for opening that menu once during the weekly period

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If the multiplayer in this is an online version of the game but everybody controls a different member of noctis' group, that would be amazing

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Internet Private Forums User CirclMastr on grinding for 500 hours to reach level 99 in Final Fantasy VII in the first reactor posted:

Life does not have inherent meaning; to say that our lives are pointless and our achievements meaningless is to state the obvious. No matter how grand our achievements or how broad their scope, time turns all to dust and death destroys all memory. But that does not mean we cannot ascribe our own meaning to what we do. It is because nothing has meaning unto itself that we are free to create meaning, to make metaphor, and in doing so reflect on ourselves and our world.

Leveling to 99 in the first reactor is pointless and meaningless. So why do I do it? I do it to express my hatred, and more importantly my disdain, for Dick Tree. I do it to express the camaraderie I feel for those of us who have followed this topic for years only to be disappointed by [Dick Tree]. I do it to prove to myself that I can persevere. The act is meaningless; I give it meaning.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Jesus Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If the multiplayer in this is an online version of the game but everybody controls a different member of noctis' group, that would be amazing

I think you create your own character for the online mode

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress you, Dick Tree

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
DICK TREE

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think you create your own character for the online mode

I refuse to believe this is real until it happens.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tao of lmao posted:

I refuse to believe this is real until it happens.

It's true, there's videos from the closed beta last month

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I've been playing zodiac age and I guess I really liked ffxii in hindsight.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The mental illness thread was goldmined too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
https://twitter.com/genkiboyss/status/904793566169399296