Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

WHOOOOOOA! LOOKIN' COOL, JOKER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Persona 5 Switch confirmed

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Phantasium posted:

Nope, $5.

Welcome to what they've been doing with console RBI Baseball since they reintroduced them in 2014.

I bought the first one from hype, probably played ten minutes and shut it off forever.

Seriously these games are horrible cash-in attempts from MLB and not worth your time or money.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wait did Atlus get bought by SEGA

In this Sonic game, Sonic's mom gets eaten by a demon and he is helpless to watch as Amy and Knuckles both shed their mortal forms and embrace extremist ideologies that literally consume their humanity.

Then he kills them with a machete.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, Sega bought Atlus about a year ago. As far as I'm aware they just let Atlus do their thing and publishes their games.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wait did Atlus get bought by SEGA

In this Sonic game, Sonic's mom gets eaten by a demon and he is helpless to watch as Amy and Knuckles both shed their mortal forms and embrace extremist ideologies that literally consume their humanity.

Then he kills them with a machete.

Yeeah that's why the Yakuza 0 translation was so good. It does not explain the Persona 5 translation

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shut up about the persona translation it's loving fine.

Persona 5 on switch please?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The P5 translation was fine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Policenaut posted:

Every game should have Persona 5 skins.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Anne's name was changed to Ann and this is ruining my immersion, furthermore

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Also Sega buying Atlus means that we actually get their games in Europe now.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Ogre Battle when?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Of all the scums I know, Kamoshida is one of them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I know Nintendo is the dumping ground for all the weird SMT games but the chance for a Persona game making the trip has never been greater. Personally probably wouldn't double dip on yet another 100 hour excursion but for people new to the series, P5 would be a great get.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd definitely double dip if they give it the Golden treatment

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

irlZaphod posted:

Also Sega buying Atlus means that we actually get their games in Europe now.

This basically killed off Ghostlight and was the single greatest humanitarian act ever within the videogame industry.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

I'd definitely double dip if they give it the Golden treatment

Yeah TBH I'd rather get a Golden update than replay the game as it stands, 'cause there are some party members who are clearly better than the others and there's a lack of an endgame superboss for me to grind towards. Maybe Hard mode would actually address this, but specifically Yusuke's whole character seems to be relying on baton passing to build up damage and that doesn't really seem valuable when Ryuji can just power charge his punches up (which is how I beat the final boss).

Game's fine, but it needs a bonus labyrinth with high-end demons and some throwback bosses. It'd be cool to meet Lucifer or something.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Policenaut posted:

Seeing as how P5 also came with a controller skin, is Sega gonna start doing this for every single game of theirs?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

Who knew you could have so much pleasure in your bed?

i just love to slide the joy cons into the controller

i hate when they slip out though

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hcreight posted:

Seeing as how P5 also came with a controller skin, is Sega gonna start doing this for every single game of theirs?

Probably, it's a cheap way to toss something else into your special edition that'll end up in the bin or a box and forgotten about within an hour.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Lookin' cool, 'til the skins eat the plastic.

http://ign.com/articles/2017/03/05/nintendo-switch-stickers-skins-reportedly-cause-surface-damage

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Doesn't the adhesive on controller skins mess up the plastic on the joycons?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd rather get steelbooks than controller skins. I love me some steelbooks. Would love to see a cute Switch steelbook.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

just like angst eats at sonic's soul

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

creationist believer posted:

Doesn't the adhesive on controller skins mess up the plastic on the joycons?

Depends on the adhesive. The glues gently caress it up but if it simply is rubber and uses friction to stay on it's fine

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Policenaut posted:

Really hate that they had to make Generations 2 grimdark as well.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You have a really low threshold for "grimdark".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every single good Sonic game is post apocalyptic, you just never noticed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I want the intro of Splatoon 3 to look like Sonic Forces x Gears Of War, but about two minutes into it, the squid music starts and the grim aesthetic gets literally hosed off of every prop and actor, and is replaced with a neon Squid Sisters / Marie & Callie music video.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm so glad the only Sonic game I've ever played is Sonic 2. And that will be the only Sonic game I ever play.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

I'm so glad the only Sonic game I've ever played is Sonic 2. And that will be the only Sonic game I ever play.

A wise man.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Norns posted:

You chose...poorly

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
azure striker gunvolt looks kinda kewl

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

I did to! I also played Sonic 1 when it was released as a 3D game on 3DS, which was neat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

You chose...poorly

No I believe only playing one Sonic game and the never touching them again is the right thing to do. I'm willing to try almost everything once

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You didn't even pick the best classic sonic game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I played it on the original Genesis at a friend's house I didn't loving decide which one to play

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Norns posted:

No One Cares

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

No One Cares

Hi welcome to something awful dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Norns posted:

I played it on the original Genesis at a friend's house I didn't loving decide which one to play

You're an adult now, time to make your own choices and play the best classic sonic game, Sonic 3d Blast

• Locked thread