Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Well that saga lasted about 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

^^^ Or they withdrew to save face if they knew he'd turn them down. They'd have 3 hours before France match, why isn't there enough time?

That is 100% my belief, that Lemar simply didn't want to move.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm glad I love to lol coz this window dumb af

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The arsenal faithful online seem to think this is all 5 dimensional chess to get Draxler lol

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
why has LFC not shown any interest in any other CB on earth? idgi

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

wicka posted:

That is 100% my belief, that Lemar simply didn't want to move.

Or, far more likely, none of it ever happened, but it drove some great traffic through social

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Even Joelito knows that Arsenal is a garbage fire. I hear he's going to Betis again, this time for good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Or, far more likely, none of it ever happened, but it drove some great traffic through social

It 100% happened, don't be dumb.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Weaponized Cum posted:

Nani to Lazio is a done deal

That could be good, though I doubt he's as good as Keita Balde.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

bewbies posted:

why has LFC not shown any interest in any other CB on earth? idgi

Klopp is German Wenger.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think it was Rory Smith that wrote an article in the New York Times about how football was the start of fake news. This seems about right

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
360 new posts. Did something big actually happen? :raise:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

PirateBob posted:

360 new posts. Did something big actually happen? :raise:

Arsenal maintained being poo poo!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lol like Lemar would fix any of Arsenal problems. They need like what? 4 new players? Their squad depth look thin and fail overall. They should have gone for Fabinho instead

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

T Bowl posted:

Arsenal maintained being poo poo!

I see they've tried to buy a French nobody for €100m and still failed to get their man, very nice i like

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hegay posted:

Lol like Lemar would fix any of Arsenal problems. They need like what? 4 new players? Their squad depth look thin and fail overall. They should have gone for Fabinho instead

I'd say squad quality rather than depth, Arsenal have 32 players in their first team.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hegay posted:

We'll have a replacement at DM for Gilberto any day now

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hegay posted:

They need a new manager and some non-fail midfielders tbh.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I'd say squad quality rather than depth, Arsenal have 32 players in their first team.

And what, 6 of them are first team quality? You could have 80 players but if they're all poo poo it doesn't matter

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They need a new manager and some non-fail midfielders tbh.

Wenger out.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

And what, 6 of them are first team quality? You could have 80 players but if they're all poo poo it doesn't matter

And you know 3 of their players are going to be injured at all times, because Arsenal. Sanchez leaves and they look like a mid table team

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah the biggest problem in my mind is Wenger insist on playing guys who can't play DM in DM positions and no one even tries to coach them about positioning. Also Xhaka is an idiot who loses the ball in his own third once or twice every game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Renny Sanches wanted 85 (his birth year) as his shirt number but the league rejected it so he'll wear 35 (his age) instead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Yeah the biggest problem in my mind is Wenger insist on playing guys who can't play DM in DM positions and no one even tries to coach them about positioning. Also Xhaka is an idiot who loses the ball in his own third once or twice every game.

Xhaka's not at fault for this, he's playing deep like he's supposed to and the rest of the team loving abandons him.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. They have a big squad of first team players but they are short of quality. It's not like you would say 'they're reserves' about some of the players: they might be poo poo but any adult with international caps is a first team player really, likely on first team wages.

Arsenal could offer £180k a week to far better quality players than Ox, although I doubt players of that quality would want to come. The major problem is Wenger anyway, because he gets someone like Ozil and then doesn't properly cater for him. I'm not saying Ozil is the greatest attacking midfielder in the world but playing him in a sketchy team with poor anchormen is hardly going to bring the best out of him. Wenger is bad at balance because he basically cannot identify good defenders or defensive midfielders. How he signed Gilberto Silva I'll never know.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. They have a big squad of first team players but they are short of quality. It's not like you would say 'they're reserves' about some of the players: they might be poo poo but any adult with international caps is a first team player really, likely on first team wages.

Arsenal could offer £180k a week to far better quality players than Ox, although I doubt players of that quality would want to come. The major problem is Wenger anyway, because he gets someone like Ozil and then doesn't properly cater for him. I'm not saying Ozil is the greatest attacking midfielder in the world but playing him in a sketchy team with poor anchormen is hardly going to bring the best out of him. Wenger is bad at balance because he basically cannot identify good defenders or defensive midfielders. How he signed Gilberto Silva I'll never know.

Yes, this is all correct and true. Ozil needs a forward who runs the channels and a strong midfield behind him. It took Wenger three years after signing Ozil to get Lacazette, and when he finally spent big on a defensive midfielder he got a player who isn't actually a defensive midfielder at all. There's literally a quote from Wenger where he says it took him half the season to realize Xhaka isn't a box-to-box player. I can't even be mad, that's so drat funny.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Renny Sanches wanted 85 (his birth year) as his shirt number but the league rejected it so he'll wear 35 (his age) instead.

Bayern Munich sold Renato Sanches? To who?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wicka posted:

Xhaka's not at fault for this, he's playing deep like he's supposed to and the rest of the team loving abandons him.

he's poo poo. like every other arsenal player not called alexis sanchez

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

Bayern Munich sold Renato Sanches? To who?

If you did nothing but follow this thread, you'd already know he's on loan to Swansea.

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/903257051698167810

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wenger has lost the plot. He has always been bad on the transfer market but it's getting ridiculous. He should have gone to PSG instead of ruining the last shreds of his legacy

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I honestly don't think Arsenal's squad is that bad on paper. The problem is more the manager and the fact that everyone wants to leave. A Good Manager, a competent central midfielder, and now a right back I guess would actually result in a somewhat competitive team imo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

I honestly don't think Arsenal's squad is that bad on paper. The problem is more the manager and the fact that everyone wants to leave. A Good Manager, a competent central midfielder, and now a right back I guess would actually result in a somewhat competitive team imo.

It's worse on paper than any of the clubs Arsenal pretends to compete against

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brony Car posted:

If you did nothing but follow this thread, you'd already know he's on loan to Swansea.

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/903257051698167810

Signed for up to €80m one year ago, now playing for Swansea. Welp...

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
jfc who gives a poo poo about noted fail club arsenal

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

everyone loves a good circus

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blinkz0rz posted:

lots of people they are pretty popular

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

It's worse on paper than any of the clubs Arsenal pretends to compete against

hard to argue with this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

But yeah yet another winger would not fix the fundamental gash midfield problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

But yeah yet another winger would not fix the fundamental gash midfield problem

Actually it would mean Arsenal automatically win the league title.

• Locked thread