Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is the appropriate way to address the fact that all of our currency is covered in white males?

Replace currency with ration books allocated by the central computer, which is genderless, shiny and chrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I meant black/poc people we don't need more yts on money

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is the appropriate way to address the fact that all of our currency is covered in white males?

Abolish money, embrace anarcho-communism, imo

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Oh and since I started black people on money mini derail, who would yall put on our money?

Jesus Christ :getin:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I hate articles like this. Basically like gaming up football stats to make them sound impressive.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
When Karen pence is on AF1 or whatever do they call it the mother-ship?

Cru Jones fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 31, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Replace currency with ration books allocated by the central computer, which is genderless, shiny and chrome

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

Oh and since I started black people on money mini derail, who would yall put on our money?

My picks:

Frederick Douglass
Addie Mae Collins, Carol Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, and Cynthia Wesley (together)

Frederick Douglass and Mahalia Jackson

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Koalas March posted:

My picks:

Frederick Douglass
Addie Mae Collins, Carol Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, and Cynthia Wesley (together)

Edward James Almost as Jaime Escalante

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

not really, it is shockingly fast. historically unparalled except ford post-nixon pardon.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/903305112248049664

just imagine what happens if there's a recession

I dont think there is much room below 34%. Even if there was to be a recession.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Frederick Douglass 100% should be on the $20. Everyone already knows who Harriet Tubman was, we have monuments and museums to the underground railroad. it would be good to spread the love around.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mcmagic posted:

I dont think there is much room below 34%. Even if there was to be a recession.

To go any lower he would have to betray his base. Raise taxes, appointed a leftie to the Supreme Court, etc.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Malcolm X. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would stir up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Dietrich posted:

Frederick Douglass 100% should be on the $20. Everyone already knows who Harriet Tubman was, we have monuments and museums to the underground railroad. it would be good to spread the love around.

He has been getting more and more recognition lately

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If it were up to me, it would be North American wildlife. Bald Eagle on the $1, Bison on the $5, maybe a Grizzly Bear on the $20.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

I was trying to keep it to 2 bills. I had a giant list but I wanted to save some for other people to pick. :(

Yeah, I could see the $20 and the $50 being changed. Fredrick Douglass/Harriet Tubman would be my choice for the $20 and Ida B. Wells/MLK for the $50.

I'd say we should also adopt different coinage but considering how everybody absolutely hates taking the Sacajawea dollars it would basically be a commemorative pressing and not actually in use. Same with the $2.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dietrich posted:

How about Nat Turner?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What does this mean?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

He has been getting more and more recognition lately

They just recently built a new HS here named after him.

Where I grew up the predominantly black high school was named Robert E Lee.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

To go any lower he would have to betray his base. Raise taxes, appointed a leftie to the Supreme Court, etc.

Or give them exactly what they think they want. Failing to raise the debt ceiling would have insanely bad consequences.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas March posted:

My picks:

Frederick Douglass

Good picks. I'm more about who I wouldn't put on money. No president, no politician, no military leader. Our money should be covered in civilian heroes like the ones you listed above, figures for civil rights, philosophers, authors, and scientists. And it shouldn't be limited to one person per bill, it should rotate regularly.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

It's like a Dali!

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What does this mean?

I'm reading that as "why"-ts, but that's just a guess.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I’d like James Baldwin on a bill please

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Make money into a collectible card game

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CascadeBeta posted:

What I would give to see a history book entry on Trump from 100 years in the future. My god, how will history judge this period in time?

"Trump wasn't racist himself and hated the institution of slavery, but as a noble son of New York felt that he had to support the great lost cause of police murder of black civilians. If the war hadn't happened, those things would have ended on their own."

Plaque text, "General Trump Mounts the World" statue, U.N. Plaza. Erected 2063.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ida B Wells and Frederick Douglass sound like better choices than Harriet Tubman if only because Tubman is on the very short list of "safe" black Americans that every kid learns about in school (along with George Washington Carver). That's where I can see how it could be viewed as tokenism.

Rigel posted:

If it were up to me, it would be North American wildlife. Bald Eagle on the $1, Bison on the $5, maybe a Grizzly Bear on the $20.

I want this too. Put animals on all the things.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dietrich posted:

the goal was to have a woman on the bill instead of just men

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What does this mean?

Why-tees.

Whities.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

I’d like James Baldwin on a bill please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUYdgIyaPM

James Baldwin is great and if you have Amazon Prime I Am Not Your Negro is included in Prime Video.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dietrich posted:

Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, but don't they only put dead people on money?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Michelle Obama, obviously

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Caesar Chavez on the $5 so I can take a shitload of them to the Farmer's Market and pay for my fruits and veggies with bills that have a champion of Farm Labor on them!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Just replace all historical figures with modern day ones and cycle them out. Put Maya Angelou on one side and John Cena on the other, when was the last time you saw a fifty dollar bill anyways

Calaveron posted:

Make money into a collectible card game

It already is, it's called "Capitalism"

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Rigel posted:

This is actually a rad idea as long as there's a Hoveround scooter with rims on the C-note.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Chilichimp posted:

For real, people need to stop doing this poo poo. Show up in BMX helmet, black hoodies, bats and shields is feeding the poo poo out of the right wing narratives about these counter protests.

gently caress you.

Chilichimp posted:

You wanna know how to stay safe while protesting? Don't show up looking for a fight. The 100 or so assholes at Berkley didn't show up to join the 2k+ protesters, they showed up to knock heads in, and set about doing that in short order.

No seriously gently caress you.

http://fortune.com/2017/08/26/charlottesville-violence-leaked-chats/

quote:

Well before a white nationalist “Unite the Right” demonstration turned deadly in Charlottesville this month, attendees were planning for violence, according to leaked online chats. In private chat channels, they shared advice on weaponry and tactics, including repeatedly broaching the idea of driving vehicles through opposition crowds. After the vehicular attack which killed counterprotestor Heather Heyer, users of the channel celebrated the event.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Guys, I'm ring roading Iceland right now and keep checking and rechecking in on the tic tic status to find nothing.

Someone please post something juicy so I can sit back and enjoy the scenery while mispronouncing everything.

Boon fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 31, 2017

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Oppenheimer on the front, mushroom cloud on the back.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Koalas March posted:

My picks:

Frederick Douglass

Bessie Coleman, Eugene Bullard, and Matthew Henson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Same historical figures, but change the art to cast photos from Hamilton.

• Locked thread