Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Perfection.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Pedro is not dead, probably, but I hope I'm wrong.

Chopper is going to eat his way out of the candy thing. It will be good. Or it'll be a total redo of the candle fruit and they'll burn it off, I guess, but I hope they do the Flying Coup thing and chopper is all "Phew, that was tasty!" in the background when they land.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

Chopper is going to eat his way out of the candy thing. It will be good. Or it'll be a total redo of the candle fruit and they'll burn it off, I guess, but I hope they do the Flying Coup thing and chopper is all "Phew, that was tasty!" in the background when they land.

He's gonna go unconscious and his candy powers will turn off.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I couldn't save a single Pedro!
/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Box translation https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/877/page/1

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

why would i read a scanlation without 4 pages of really good-bad fanart

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Man with Hat posted:

or chopper will do nothing and contribute very little just like most of the time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

why would i read a scanlation without 4 pages of really good-bad fanart

"Dogtooth"

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I'm disappointed in Sai cheating on his fiancée. The straw hat armada doesn't need two timers like that.

The chapter was ok we'll have to see where it goes. Chopper of all people being beaten by candy is weird though.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

:perfect:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Pedro's not dead. Remember that Pell had a nuke-sized bomb go off while he was carrying it, and he still suffered no lasting damage. Pedro'll be fine.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 31, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

remember when Bentham had an extremely baller death and he's still dead and it wasn't ruined

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mikl posted:

Pedro's not dead. Remember that Pell had a nuke-sized bomb go off while he was carrying it, and he still suffered no lasting damage. Pedro'll be fine.

Pell me once, shame on...shame on you. Pell me..you can't get Pell'd again.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

EGSunBro posted:

I'm disappointed in Sai cheating on his fiancée. The straw hat armada doesn't need two timers like that.

It's funny and acceptable though, because she's ugly and/or trans! :v:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

jassa posted:

It's funny and acceptable though, because she's ugly and/or trans! :v:

To be fair, the joke is essentially that she's about as ugly as he is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oddium posted:

remember when Bentham had an extremely baller death and he's still dead and it wasn't ruined

no, who's bentham

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

no, who's bentham

bon clay, idk why they used that name instead of bon clay or mr.2

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

oddium posted:

he shouldve stayed dead and it ruined it for me that he wasn't

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I´m just gonna enjoy this bad rear end moment and go with it for now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's gonna pop up to mourn himself later like that girl from skypiea's dad

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Yiff in peace, furfriend.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Honestly the thing that gets me at this point is just me thinking 'Dynamite? Against New World pirate crews? Maybe it'll tickle them or something.'

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Pureauthor posted:

Honestly the thing that gets me at this point is just me thinking 'Dynamite? Against New World pirate crews? Maybe it'll tickle them or something.'

It's haki infused :v:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Bentham turning out to not be dead was disappointing the first time, but when the second time happened it started to become funny and I hope it happens a third time, to make it better

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There is nothing disappointing about more Mr. 2

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Who Is Bent Ham

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

if a fish can bite off shanks' arm, dynamite can hurt some candy making nerd

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The official translations say Bon Clay, so I have no idea where people are getting Bentham from.

Also Doflamingo still used a flintlock pistol, so rock hard shonen powers are strong against shonen-powered weapons, but not regular weapons.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The official translations say Bon Clay, so I have no idea where people are getting Bentham from.

we got his real name along with mr. 3's back in impel down, the same page where it turns out buggy isn't an alias that's just the dude's name

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

we got his real name along with mr. 3's back in impel down, the same page where it turns out buggy isn't an alias that's just the dude's name

Yeah this. Mr. 2 Bon Clay is his full baroque works name because he is both the man and woman in his pair, unlike say Mr. 1 and Ms. Doublefinger. Bentham was the dude's name before he joined, just like Daz Bones is Mr. 1's name.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

JahRoo posted:

Yeah this. Mr. 2 Bon Clay is his full baroque works name because he is both the man and woman in his pair, unlike say Mr. 1 and Ms. Doublefinger. Bentham was the dude's name before he joined, just like Daz Bones is Mr. 1's name.

Wait, I thought Mr. 2 was paired with the painter girl (I forget her name) initially?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Wait, I thought Mr. 2 was paired with the painter girl (I forget her name) initially?

she was paired with mr 3, the candle guy

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Larryb posted:

That's Mr. 3's partner.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah right, got him confused with the wax guy for a moment. Nevermind.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

JahRoo posted:

It's almost certainly actually supposed to Mr. 2 Bon Kurei, by the way, since that's an actual holiday. I think translators generally went with Bon Clay based on the assumption that it was a reference to his shapeshifting powers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

It's almost certainly actually supposed to Mr. 2 Bon Kurei, by the way, since that's an actual holiday. I think translators generally went with Bon Clay based on the assumption that it was a reference to his shapeshifting powers.

that is something I've always wondered about, neat

bon clay is a better name tho so I'm cool with it

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Larryb posted:

You forgot her name because next to "hiatus", it's the last thing and week-to-week manga reader or anime watcher in the West wants to hear. She gets you by surprise every time, it's...

Ms Goldenweek.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Christ Pedro how much dynamite do you casually walk around with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Sub Harrison posted:

Christ Pedro how much dynamite do you casually walk around with?

Just a Napoleon sized stack I'd reckon.